10 Best Sound Bars
We spend most of our time at our house, so why not keep our living space up-to-date. Installing the latest home appliances like Smart TV, fridge and air conditioners can help you live a comfortable life.
With so much entertainment available on the internet, we binge on all the shows and movies regularly. If you want to have a theatre-like experience every day while watching your shows, installing a soundbar is necessary.
Though smart TVs come with a built-in speaker, they are not that loud and lack a real-like feel. Getting a soundbar will be an effective solution for a cluster free TV console.
Soundbars are a sleek looking device that offers great impact when it comes to sound. With so many options available, it can be difficult to pick one. Every soundbar comes with different features, and needs to pay extra attention if you want to get the best.
We’ve come up with this guide to ease your worries. You’ll not only get the chance to select the best soundbar for your home but also get to know what you need to look out for when buying a soundbar.
You’ll also learn about the benefits you’ll enjoy after purchasing a soundbar. This article has provided you with all the information, such as sound bar vs. sound base, FAQ. You will also find our top 10 recommendations to choose from.
10 Best Sound Bars in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best bass quality
Best budget soundbar
Best premium soundbar
Best soundbar for surround sound
Best wireless soundbar
Best easy to use the feature
Best for multiple connectivities
The best easy connectivity feature
Sound Bar Vs. Sound Base
Soundbars and Soundbases perform the same function. The major difference is that sound bases are deeper and generally smaller in length than soundbars. They are designed to sit under or on a shelf directly below your TV.
On the other hand, soundbars can be mounted on the wall under the TV or sit in front of your TV if the TV is placed on a table. It can also sit on a shelf below your TV if the TV is on a shelving system.
If you have enough space to keep, you can get a larger sound base for your home, which is quite advantageous. The larger the speaker cabinet of a sound base, the greater the depth of the sound it can produce, lessening the need for a subwoofer.
Benefits of Sound Bars
Ease of system set up and use
All the components of a soundbar come in an easy to assemble package. You won’t have to worry about setting up the speakers, running a maze of confusing wires, or solving technical issues. It will only take you a few minutes to set it up.
Soundbars produce richer sounds than any other speaker can replicate. This is because they feature two precision technologies (amplification and audio processing) that set them apart from other speakers.
The features are built into the system and carefully configured for outstanding performance.
When compared to home theatres, soundbars are less expensive.
You’ll spend less on them but still get the experience you seek. However, Beware that the best soundbars from famous brands like Yamaha and Bose can be expensive as well.
Occupy less space
Soundbars are slim and take very little space. That’s why they fit under-mounted TVs or in front of the table placed ones without obstructing your view.
Even if you have a small living place, you won’t have to worry about setting a soundbar, which is a great advantage.
It gives you full control.
Most soundbars come with a remote control that allows you to operate them from across the room. Therefore, you can adjust the volume to your liking or lower it without moving from the comfort of your couch.
Buyer’s Guide for Sound Bars
The following are the things to consider when going for a soundbar for your home.
Soundbars vary in size, and you, therefore, need to know the size required for your TV. To get the right size, take the measurements diagonally as a soundbar size doesn’t relate to your TV screen.
To get the correct size, you can also check the sound bar’s details online or read from the user manual.
You need to be careful when getting the size of a soundbar as it also helps determine where it’ll be placed. Whether directly below the TV or to be wall-mounted.
Always go for a soundbar with a variety of connectivity options. The first thing you need to ensure is that it supports Bluetooth.
This feature enables you to send music from different devices such as tablets, smartphones, and computers to your soundbar, making it possible for you to play it on your TV.
Another connectivity feature you need to look out for in a soundbar is the HDMI ARC. It allows you to connect the soundbar to your TV’s audio return channel. It is handy for multi-channel soundbars.
Optical port happens to be one of the most straightforward, easiest, and most reliable connections available for a soundbar. It gives you a stable, best case scenario connection between your TV set and the soundbar.
Channels and Dolby Atmos
The soundbar you go for should have three or more channels. The more, the better.
Soundbar channels can be said to be sound sources or individual speakers. When buying a soundbar, you’ll see numbers such as 3.1,2.0,5.1, among others.
These numbers relate to the number of channels the soundbar has and if it comes with a subwoofer or not.
For example, in a soundbar with numbers 3.1, the first number (3) coincides with the number of drivers, while the one after the dot (1) indicates that the soundbar comes with a subwoofer. The number after the dot is 0, which means that the soundbar doesn’t have a subwoofer.
Where you come across a soundbar with three numbers, for example, 5.1.4, it means that the soundbar features Dolby Atmos surround sound. The last number (4) is the number of drivers of the soundbar that shoots up towards the ceiling and then spring back to create an encompassing sound.
A remote control gives you the chance to enjoy and control your entertainment without having to walk near the soundbar from time to time for volume adjustments.
Most soundbars come with remote controls, but to ensure that you have one, check that it is indeed in the soundbar of your choice. Also, ensure that the remote of your soundbar has easy to press buttons.
Soundbars with a voice assistant
Although this isn’t a must, soundbars with built-in voice control stand out. They are becoming increasingly popular.
A soundbar with built-in Alexa allows you to use voice control to play, rewind, and even pause your TV. The voice acts as an alternative to a remote.
Always consider your budget before you buy the soundbar of your choice; ask yourself whether you are willing to spend a specified amount on a soundbar or not.
You also need to ask yourself whether you are ready to spend all your savings on it. If you find that you can comfortably get it without straining your budget, go ahead and get it.
Passive soundbars are composed of one or more speakers on every front channel, and at the back of it, you can find a connection wherein you need to link to a receiver.
An active soundbar is typically the more expensive one between the two as it provides more enhanced sound quality. It also gives you the privilege to have a notion of rear and side surround sound without putting up extra speakers in your room.
Top 10 Best Sound Bars
1. Yamaha YAS-108 SoundBar – Our pick
First on our list is this soundbar from Yamaha that comes with a built-in subwoofer for deep bass. The bar produces clear voices and ensures that you can hear everything from your TV. With it, you won’t have to strain your ears for clarity anymore.
To ensure that you enjoy your favourite music, the soundbar comes with Bluetooth version 5.0 that allows easy switching between devices. It also comes in an improved design and will make your living look lively at all times.
The device’s clear mode brings the dialogue and sound of narration to the fore while maintaining the overall sounds.
- It comes with Bluetooth version 5.0 that makes it easy for you to stream your favourite music from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- It also comes with an HDMI optical or AUX connection for your TV and extremely easy to assemble.
- The soundbar has a built-in subwoofer for deep bass that offers a clear voice for enhanced dialogue clarity.
- It comes with simple wall mounting keyholes that make it easy to position it on the wall.
- It has a built-in gyroscope for sound optimization, depending on the positioning of the soundbar.
- Set up is a breeze with just a simple cable to your TV.
- Connectivity with Bluetooth is fast.
- It comes with a built-in subwoofer.
- The soundbar weighs 3.2 kg, which allows you to move it around easily.
- It is highly-priced
2. Boat AAVANTE Bar Soundbar – Best bass quality
This soundbar is robustly made with a sleek and cool touch. It comes with 120 Watt RMS sound and with a beautiful sub-woofer. It is a premium finishing that will complement the furnishings in your home and make the place look great at all times.
Its 2.1 channel surround sound will provide you with a cinematic experience. It will enhance the way you receive entertainment every time you watch your TV at home.
It has multiple connectivity modes, all of which ensure that you get thoroughly entertained by your favorite music, movies, or TV programs.
- It comes in a sleek design with premium finishing to complement your home’s furnishing.
- It has a built-in bass subwoofer.
- This soundbar utilizes high-end equalizer technology that optimizes the sound output according to your audio and needs source.
- It has multiple connectivity modes like Bluetooth, Optic, USB, and AUX.
- This soundbar has a versatile look because it can fit almost all kinds of the environment, making it perfect to use on various occasions and rooms.
- The soundbar comes with an on/off and volume button for easy use.
- Premium finishing that makes it perfect home décor
- Long enough to match your 42-inch TV
- Its multiple modes and entertainment modes make it an ideal choice for everyday use.
- It doesn’t come with an HDMI cable.
3. Portronics POR-891 Sound Bar – Best budget soundbar
If looking for a portable, versatile, and easy to connect soundbar, give this soundbar from Portronics a try. It comes with two 5W powerful speakers that offer fantastic sound quality. You won’t have to move your chair near to your TV for clarity anymore with this soundbar.
If the power is lost, you won’t have to worry when you have this soundbar with you. It has a 2500 mAh lithium battery that provides playtime for more than seven hours.
It has different connectivity modes like Bluetooth 4.2, AUX, and USB, which enable you to connect your latest devices to this soundbar with ease.
- It comes with a 2500 mAh lithium battery that provides playtime of more than 7 hours.
- The soundbar has two 5W inbuilt speakers that offer fantastic sound output.
- It comes with a mode button that you can press when you want to change the mode.
- You can listen to music via Bluetooth 4.2v, AUX-IN, USB drive, and FM.
- The soundbar has a powerful grill body of around 930 grams that packs to punch around the spectrum.
- It will orally announce the current mode for convenience.
- Easy to connect and use
- It comes at an affordable price.
- Poor FM connectivity
4. Bose Solo Sound Bar Speakers – Best premium soundbar
Bose soundbars are well known for their high-quality and efficiency in their product. This single soundbar will provide you with the better sound quality compared to TV. It makes every word and detail stand out once set up.
It’s Bluetooth enabled as well to allow you to stream your favourite music from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. This soundbar comes with a universal remote control that gives you full control of your TV, bass, Bluetooth connections, and more.
It comes engineered in such a way that it helps to reproduce everything from dialogue to detail.
The soundbar is versatile enough, making it easy for you to place it anywhere in front of your TV or mounted on the wall.
- A single soundbar that provides better sound quality than your TV, saving space as well
- It comes in dialogue mode that makes every word and detail stand out.
- Bluetooth connectivity helps you to stream music from your devices wirelessly.
- It comes with a universal remote control
- It has a sturdy design and thus durable
- it is compact in size and can be moved around easily.
- Dedicated dialogue mode for clarity.
- Not for wide-open living areas
5. Blaupunkt SBW100 Soundbar
Blaupunkt is a german company that is well known for home and car audio equipment. They offer a wide range of stereos, speakers, cameras, automotive parts, and accessories.
Blaupunkt SBW100 is a great addition to your living space. It is manufactured using cutting edge technology to provide superior quality music. Its 120 watts speakers offer a powerful bass each time you are listening to your favorite movie.
- The speaker comes with a powerful 120W soundbar and a wired subwoofer to get heavy bass each time.
- The sound system comes with a European design for an elegant look.
- The Blaupunkt soundbar offers multiple music modes like music, movie, news, and 3D as well.
- It comes with an EQ mode, which allows you to choose the sound modes according to your mood.
- With this soundbar, you get multiple connectivity options like AUX-in, HDMI-ARC, Bluetooth, and USB.
- The soundbar offers HDMI connectivity, which is quite rare in soundbars.
- It comes with 6.5-inch woofers for deep bass and an ultimate experience.
- The whole soundbar system has a very modern and contemporary look, which will lift your room as well.
- It is super lightweight, weighing just 950 grams.
- The bass can be overpowering sometimes.
6. Rhythm&Blues SB100 Soundbar – Best soundbar for surround sound
If looking forward to enjoying a rich cinematic music experience from a soundbar, consider trying Rhythm&Blues out. It has powerful 120W output and bombastic bass capabilities.
The soundbar comes with multiple connectivity options like Bluetooth 5.0, AUV, Toslink, HDM(ARC), and RCA. It is compatible with Android and IOS devices and will give you full access to your favourite music.
It also gives you a chance to enjoy watching your favourite movies and TV programs. With it, you’ll never strain your ears in a bid to hear the dialogue on your TV anymore.
- Its classy and premium design will always make it appear as an additional décor to your room.
- It comes with a remote control that makes it easy for you to access its music settings.
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices giving you full-time access to music
- This soundbar also comes with a remote control that gives full control over the sound.
- The soundbar is aesthetically designed and comes with built-in wall brackets for easy wall mounting.
- Gives your complete control over the sound with its remote control.
- The Bluetooth connectivity range is up to 10 meters.
- Comes at a reasonable price.
- The quality is not up to the mark.
7. Mi Sound Bar 8 Speaker Driver – Best wireless soundbar
This soundbar features eight sound drives that will help to improve your movie viewing, music playback, and gameplay experience. It takes the sound from your TV, computer, or mobile device and transforms it into a theatre-like environment.
The sound bar connects your mobile device effortlessly via Bluetooth, Optical, AUX-in connections. It has enhanced base with passive radiators for top-notch entertainment.
You can mount the soundbar on the wall with screws or place it on a tabletop in front of your TV has rubber grips that keep it firm on any surfaces, is lightweight, and also easy to use.
- It comes in a minimalistic design and a modern gray tone that sits well with any décor scheme.
- Features 8 sound drives that improve your movie viewing, music playback and gameplay
- Easy to connect to your phone or laptop via Bluetooth 4.2 for your favourite songs
- It has a fabric mesh overlay that will suit your TV.
- It brings a cinematic experience to your home.
- Connects to your laptop or phone with ease
- Lightweight, sturdy and easy to use
- Since it is compact, except that it will not consume too much space in your home.
- No remote control
8. JBL Bar Studio Sound Bar – Best easy to use the feature
This all in one soundbar by JBL comes with a built-in dual bass design and surround sound to help you enjoy your TV.
The soundbar enables you to stream your favourite music from your phone or tablet since it is Bluetooth enabled. It is slim and perfectly designed to provide you with the satisfaction you seek. It is also effortless for you and your kin to use.
It comes with a remote control that makes it easy for you to control it in the way that you want to. Should this remote fail to work, you can use your TV remote as the soundbar can work with it too.
- It supports Bluetooth making it easy for you to stream your favourite music at all times.
- Works perfectly with your TV remote control
- It is easy to set up using only one HDMI cable to connect it to your TV.
- Includes optical cable and AUX cable
- It only consumes 30 watts of electricity, that is why it will surely save you a lot of money from your electricity bills.
- Extremely easy to use.
- It is compact and lightweight, and easy to set up.
- Works with TV remote as well.
- Sound not enough for larger living spaces
9. Instaplay INSTA500BT Sound Bar – Best for multiple connectivity
If looking forward to a cinematic experience from a sound bar without having to spend much on it, try this soundbar from Instaplay. It comes with an integrated 4.0 channel output and 60W powerful sound to provide your home with the experience you seek.
This sound bar offers an essential feature and input for a digitally clear and enhanced sound. It comes with a 3.5mm AUX cable to connect, whether with or without Bluetooth. The good news is that it supports 5.0 Bluetooth that enables seamless and wireless streaming with a wide range of devices.
- It has 60W powerful sound and integrated 4.0 channel output to provide your home with a cinematic experience.
- Comes with a 3.5mm cable to connect to your TV without Bluetooth
- Comes with multiple connection options like Bluetooth, USB, and AUX that allow you to stream your favorite music from your phone, tablet, and other devices.
- It has four built-in drivers that provide heart-thumping rich bass and an ultimate surround sound environment.
- It is easy to mount on the wall or place it on a tabletop when using it.
- Provides astonishing cinematic experience
- Comes in a sleek and stylish design
- Easy Bluetooth connectivity
- Built quality is not up to the mark.
10. Samsung HW K350 Sound Bar – Best easy connectivity feature
Last on our list is the soundbar from Samsung that will transform your home to a haven for fulfilling entertainment. It comes with a powerful subwoofer and can easily replace a powerful home theater. It comes with options for bass, treble, and subwoofer sound adjustments and thus the best.
This sound bar comes with five sounds that allowlowinhance to select one that suits you best and your convenience. When it comes to Bluetooth connectivity, this sound bar connects with ease enabling you to stream your favorite audio from your phone.
It also comes with a USB slot that also makes audio streaming easy.
It has 150W power output and also comes with remote control. It is easy to set up and use and will also look great in your living space.
- The soundbar has two speakers that offer superb sound quality and bass with 150W total power.
- Comes with a remote control that gives you complete control
- It has a USB slot that gives you a chance to listen to your favorite music.
- Allows you to stream music via Bluetooth wirelessly.
- You can also mount it on the wall with ease or choose to place it on a tabletop when in use.
- Its one app control gives you complete control of the soundbar via smartphone
- Compact and stylish
- No HDMI connectivity
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I add speakers to a sound bar?
Some soundbars can add speakers, while some can’t. Some modern soundbars come with additional speakers as part of the system. Getting one with speakers gets you much closer to real home theater sound.
2. What is the difference between active and passive speakers?
Soundbars with active speakers are those that come with a built-in amplifier that powers everything. This amplifier also powers the channel’s processors that generally separate right, left, and center speakers.
A sound bar with passive speakers, on the other hand, is one that comes without the built-in amplifier and thus requires an amplifier or receiver to work. Such speakers have a better sound meaning that they are also useful as well.
Passive speakers are way more expensive than active ones and require you to connect more components.
3. Does a subwoofer make a difference in a sound bar?
Subwoofers make a huge difference. If you want your sound system to vibrate with intense hums or get the full effect from a movie scene, a subwoofer is a sure bet as it will make all the difference. Most sound bars nowadays come with subwoofers, which is a great thing.
4. What is the purpose of a sound bar?
A sound bar is an all in one speaker that helps to deliver high-quality TV sound without requiring the complexity, space, and expense of a home theater. With it, you don’t need a surround sound speaker at all.
5. Does a sound bar need a receiver?
A soundbar doesn’t require a receiver. It comes with several speakers and the accessories to power them all in one thin enclosure that you connect to your TV.
Some come with separate subwoofers that are usually wireless. Others come with rear speakers to create a full surround sound system.
10. Can I put my TV’s soundbar on the floor?
The most obvious place to place your soundbar is always on the wall directly under your TV if your TV is wall mounted. Not on top or behind it.
If you’ve placed the TV on a tabletop, place the soundbar in front of the TV. It won’t obstruct your view since soundbars are extremely thin.
One thing to note is that you should never place anything in front of your soundbar as that might obstruct the sound.
All the latest movies and shows come with high-quality audio, some even have 3D effects. Many television sets are not compatible and that can affect the overall experience. If you are someone who enjoys heavy bass, investing in a soundbar can lift up your experience.
Investing in a soundbar can be difficult, but we have a buyers’ guide and benefits to help you make the right choice. Our top picks can choose from Yamaha YAS-108 SoundBar, boAt Aavante Bar 1500 Home Theatre Soundbar, and Portronics Pure Sound Pro III.
All the soundbars on the list work great and will bring a whole new experience to your home. Select the one that suits your home best and enjoy a thrilling entertainment experience.