Best Smart LED Light Bulbs
Have you ever forgotten to switch off the lights while moving out of the house? Have you ever stumbled in the night while returning to your bed after switching off the lights through the switch board lying in the distant corner of your room? It’s time to get smarter.
Our world is increasingly being driven by smart devices equipped with smart apps and smart technology. It becomes imperative to embrace the smart tools for smart living to keep pace up with the technological revolutions.
A smart LED light bulb is a device designed for smarter living. It gives you the power and flexibility to control your bulb from anywhere in your room. You can even sync the lighting systems as per the changing music pattern.
In this article, we have provided the types of smart LED light bulbs, why do we need it, a buying guide, and the top 10 picks of the smart bulb and a few FAQs. We have done the required research to find out the best products for you.
Our Top 8 Picks in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Bluetooth Smart light bulb
Works with Alexa and google home
Wi-Fi smart bulb
Easy to install
Low budget smart bulb
Why should you choose a smart bulb and what a smart bulb can do?
A smart bulb does not work like a normal bulb.
One of the main features is they can be controlled easily from any corner of the house. You can switch on or off, adjust the brightness, or even increase or decrease the temperature of the bulb using an app on your smartphone.
Smart bulbs come with changeable colors. You can choose a theme color for the entire room at some parties. You can also adjust the bulb colors according to the wall color and furniture to enhance the beauty of your house.
Some bulbs are also capable of syncing with your music systems. A smart bulb with built-in speakers is an add-on feature. You can easily listen to music without any extra speakers and wire connections around your home.
Some smart light bulbs are designed to provide proper sleep in a better way. These kinds of bulbs emit colors that are adjusted as per the sleep mode, and the brightness, the temperature of the bulb is also adjusted.
On top of all this, LED smart bulbs are cost-saving and work for long hours.
NOTE: Always read the instructions before installing and set up to avoid errors.
Types of smart LED Light Bulbs
Smart LED light bulbs provide great ambiance to our home. Using the smart LED bulbs, you can turn your home into a smart home. These smart LED bulbs have different and attractive features.
All you need to make your smart light bulbs for homework is Tablets, Smartphones, iPads. As they work from any corner of the home, you need an app to operate them.
However, few smart lighting systems for the home can even work with voice commands. Depending on how they can be connected and various other factors, smart light bulbs can be categorized into different types as follows:
Z-Wave and Zigbee
Zigbee and Z-wave are smart home open protocols that work when connected to a hub. Any Zigbee and Z-wave bulbs can be connected to the Z-wave hub or Zigbee hub easily. Zigbee and z-wave bulbs are pretty much more comfortable to connect.
The life of these kinds of bulbs is much longer than other types of bulbs. Z-wave and Zigbee bulbs are more reliable with minimal lag. Zigbee and Z-wave work on mesh networking, and hence every product functions as a repeater.
Wi-Fi smart lighting system for home connect via router directly to the internet. This enables you to control the lights with your smartphone.
It is considered a cheaper way of connecting your smart bulbs. These bulbs are available for an affordable price. Bluetooth bulbs can be connected to smartphones, tablets, iPads.
These bulbs are difficult to establish the connection as the pairing is required, and pairing can be a difficult task sometimes. Also, you need to switch on and off until you establish the connection properly.
Moreover, they can not be controlled from a farther distance or outside your home as Bluetooth is restricted to a limited range. If you really need to control them, then you need a hub.
A few smart LED light bulbs need a hub or bridge for connectivity. Hub-based bulbs can be controlled in a broader range whereas Bluetooth has a limited range. You can control all your devices with a single app only. Installing a hub may cost you more and also set up may not be easier.
Things to be checked before buying a smart light bulb
A smart light bulb is fun to use, cost-saving and efficient. It is a one-time investment for many years, as smart light bulbs work well for many years.
A smart light bulb came in different size and made easily available in the market. Moreover, you do not need any special fixtures to fit the smart light bulb. They can be easily fit into the existing bulb fixtures.
On average, every led smart bulb can be used for 15,000 to 40,000 hours and sometimes even more hours. It depends on the brand and features.
Usually, a smart light bulb needs fewer watts to emit the light and thus reduces the electricity bill. A smart light bulb is considered as energy-saving bulbs. The brightness of the smart light bulb is more when compared to other types of bulbs.
Colored smart light bulbs add ambience to your room. Many branded smart light bulbs are capable of changing between 16 million colors.
A smart light bulb has the special feature of dimming the brightness. Ensure that the bulb you are choosing has a dimmable feature, as you always don’t need a bulb that emits bright light all the time. A dimmable smart light bulb helps to create a lovely atmosphere.
Apart from controlling your smart light bulb using apps, you can also change the color of the bulb and either switch on or off over voice control. Use google home assistant or Amazon Alexa to integrate and control the lights via voice commands.
As you are investing a good amount in smart light bulbs, choose one which has a decent warranty period. You can easily exchange the product in case you receive a defective piece.
Only a few smart light bulbs are certified as per the industry standards. A certified smart light bulb is safer to use.
A durable, smart light bulb works for many years, thus helping you save on long term costs.
Smart lights, when linked with other devices, can be used frequently, and they provide more functionality. Hence, opt for the lights that are compatible with smart home systems like Alexa, Google home assistant.
Some smart light bulbs need a hub or bridge to communicate and control the lights while some bulbs need Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or Zigbee connectivity to communicate.
The best part of setting up the smart LED light bulb is they do not need any wires to connect. Choose the smart light bulb that is easy to set up.
8 Best Smart LED Light Bulbs
1. Wipro Garnet Smart Light 7W B22 LED Bulb – Our Pick
Garnet smart bulb is the product of Wipro Limited, a leading company. Their smart bulbs are created with innovative design to meet consumer requirements.
Garnet’s smart bulb is compatible with Alexa and Google Home Assistant. It is made from a polycarbonate material and requires 7w to emit the light.
You can choose your desired colors from 16 million colors. Install Wipro smart home app for controlling the light. Moreover, the bulb does not require any hub or bridge for connectivity.
- Wipro smart bulb comes with one year warranty.
- It works with Google Home Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- You can configure the bulb and create your function through IFTTT app.
- You can control the lights individually or by creating groups.
- Adjust the light or control the light from 16 million colors as per your mood requirement.
- The bulb can be used as a timer and create schedules. You can wake up with soft lights and sleep with dim lights.
- Easy to install.
- It works with even mobile hotspot.
- Quality of the product is good.
- The product comes at an affordable price.
- The Wipro app consumes less battery.
- The bulb switches on automatically after it is reset
2. Philips Hue 9.5W E27 Bulb – Hub/Bridge-based bulb
Philips smart bulb provides a distinct ambience to your home. Start your day with Philips hue wakeup alarm lights and end your day with relaxing white lights.
You can select from 50 thousand shades of light. Control the lights from the smartphone or iPad or tablet. Otherwise, you can also use a dimming switch to control the lights.
- The product comes with a two-year warranty.
- Philips Hue provides different colors from warm white to cool daylight.
- The bulb works with Google Home, Amazon Echo, and Apple Homekit.
- The base of the bulb is E27 and coming to the wattage it is 9.5watts.
- Philips Hue bulb needs a Hue bridge to connect and function properly.
- Comes with a number of preset hue modes.
- The lights on when you approach the home with the location-aware function.
- The bulb can work with Amazon echo plus if you want to use it without a hub.
- It can also be used as a night light.
- Installation and setup of the light is easy.
- You can set alarms and reminders to control the lights.
- Hub or bridge required to make the bulb work
3. Mansaa Wireless Smart LED Bulb – Bluetooth Smart light bulb
Mansaa smart lights are easy to use; just plug it in and you are ready to light up the room. The lights can be controlled from any corner of the house using a smartphone.
Mansaa Smartshine bulb is resistant to high fluctuations. It is capable of producing more than 16 million color shades. The bulb can be used for mood lighting to enhance the beauty of the room. The product has a great music sync feature.
- The smart shine bulb comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Lights can be controlled by smartphones using the SmartShine app.
- The lights can be synced to music from the smartphones as well as music from external speakers
- Also, lights can be controlled individually or can be controlled in groups.
- 16 million colors for mood lighting.
- Also, the lights can be switched on or off using smartphones.
- Moreover, the smart light bulbs can fit in any regular holders.
- Works excellent with iOS.
- The bulb comes with durable quality.
- Comes with alarm functionality to wake you up with lights on.
- The brightness of the color is as mentioned.
- A wide range of colors are attractive.
- Bluetooth connectivity can be improved.
4. Mi LED 10W Smart Bulb – Works with Alexa and google home
The Mi LED comes with a 10-watt brightness and 800 Lumens. It allows you to adjust the color temperature according to the mode with its adjustable temperature control.
The LED bulb is easy to operate, and it also has a long life, which makes it a reliable choice for users. The wireless bulb is also compatible with Alexa and Google assistant making the usage simpler.
- Power and brightness: 10 watts 800 Lumens.
- It has wireless connectivity of 802.11 bgn.
- It comes with an average battery life of 25000 hours.
- 16oo million colors.
- The color, brightness, power, and schedules can be controlled with a mobile app.
- The color temperature can be adjusted from 1700 K to 6500 K.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google assistant.
- Six months warranty.
- It has a long life of 11 years.
- You can control it with the mobile app.
- It allows you to set the mood for every occasion
- Does not come with a bulb holder converter.
5. TP-Link LB100 Wi-Fi SmartLight – Wifi smart bulb
LB-100 is the product of TP-Link founded in 1996. They provide networking devices and accessories that are used in day-to-day life. Their products include Wi-Fi routers, Extenders, modems, and other accessories.
You can manage the lights using Kasa app from a smartphone or tablet. You can use voice commands to control the light when paired with Amazon Alexa. Follow the instruction to install and set up the smart light bulb. The bulb requires 7w to emit the light.
- LB 100 bulb works with Amazon Alexa, and you can use voice commands to control the lights.
- The bulb should not be used with dimmer switches.
- Also, the day-to-day energy consumption can be tracked.
- Energy consumption is less, and you can save up to 80% energy.
- You can also schedule the timer and lights. For example, you can schedule to turn off the lights during sleep time.
- The product comes with an E27 screw base.
- No hub is required for connection.
- Dimness and brightness adjustments are working good.
- It takes only a few minutes to set up.
- The brightness of the bulb could be improved.
6. Count On Smart Wireless LED Bulb – Hands-free control
Count On has a good collection of smart bulbs, plug sockets, digital countdown meters, power strip extension board and fingerprint scanners. Count On bulbs work with voice commands and has a multicolor feature.
Count On LED smart light bulb adds ambiance to our place. Also, it has a great feature of choosing the light as per our requirement. One can set the lights as per the party time, entertainment time, etc. Moreover, the light can be adjusted as per our moods and hands-free to control.
- Count on the LED bulb can be used as a common LED top. You can choose any color from 16 million colors.
- The bulb can be controlled from any corner of the room.
- It works on connectivity like Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G.
- The lights can be controlled over voice commands.
- Using the App timers can be set or scheduled to turn on/off. Also, lights can be controlled in groups.
- Count On LED bulb is suitable for hotels, homes, restaurants, bars, music spots and much more.
- It has preset scene modes – 4 static and four dynamic.
- The bulb claims that it can work for 30,000 hours and also saves energy up to 80%.
- It is made from aluminum and plastic.
- Easy to configure with Google home/assistant.
- Pairing is easy and easy to connect to Wi-Fi.
- The good voice control feature.
- Easy installation.
- Ease of use because the bulbs can be controlled in a group or individually.
- The bulb does not have any Bluetooth or speaker.
- Not all colors work over command.
7. Halo Smart LED Downlight – Easy to Install
Halo smart light bulb is the product of Eaton. Eaton enhances the quality of life by improving technologies and services. Their products include downlight, floodlight, motion floodlight, Bluetooth dimmer, accessory dimmer, internet access bridge, smart plug-in.
Halo Zigbee smart light bulb is certified from an energy star. The bulb is a good replacement for a 65w incandescent bulb. The Zigbee bulb has the functionality of changing both the color as well as temperature.
A Zigbee LED bulb is easy to install and easy to control from the app. The design of the bulb is attractive, and the product is easy to use with many great features.
- The bulb can work for 50,000 hours.
- It works with Amazon Alexa, wink
- Control the bulb remotely using the app. Also, the color and the temperature can be controlled via an app.
- Also, you can switch ON/OFF/Dim light remotely.
- Is suitable for wet or damp locations, home, offices, party locations.
- The lights can be dimmed up to 5%.
- Light can be controlled in both ways – brightness as well as temperature.
- Easy to install following the instructions.
- Easy to pair with hubs, smartphones.
- Excellent light quality.
- Quality of the mounting springs can be improved.
8. Syska Wi-Fi Enabled Smart LED Bulb
Syska smart LED bulb is a Wi-Fi enabled bulb that is packed with powerful features for providing a smarter, convenient, and better lighting system in your home or offices.
You can control this smart LED bulb from your smartphone or tablet by using Syska smart home app.
You need to download the Syska Smart Home app and connect your mobile to Wi-Fi. Register and login to the app followed by selecting the product from the app. You will find that the bulb starts blinking while it is pairing. Connect and operate the device from the App.
- This smart LED bulb is a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi enabled bulb that provides effortless maneuvering through the Syska Smart Home app.
- It features 7 wattages of power and provides 560 lumens brightness.
- It is a long-lasting bulb with a lifespan of up to 25,000 hours.
- This smart LED bulb comes with the alarm clock feature that enables you to easily set the daily schedules.
- It is designed to support a wide range of operating systems including iOS 6 and above and Android 4.3 and above.
- It provides enhanced support for both Android smartphones and iOS smartphones.
- This LED bulb provides you comprehensive RGB lighting with 16 million shades and different tones.
- It provides up to 2 years manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase.
- The dimensions of this LED smart bulb measure 14 X10 X 4 and it weighs 180 grams.
- The package comprises 1 smart bulb, warranty card, and user manual.
- It works great with various 3rd party applications for connecting and operating this bulb such as Google assistant, Alexa, etc.
- It provides seamless compatibility with any Wi-Fi router without requiring a separate network connectivity hub. Thus, you can work with your existing Wi-Fi without needing any paid subscription service.
- With over 16 million color options, this LED smart bulb helps you to make any occasion memorable and truly special.
- It enables you to change the colors of the lights as per your mood or tone of the party.
- It comes with a retrofit B-22 design
- You can operate it with voice commands using Alexa or Google assistant.
- No negative points observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it safe to leave LED lights on all the time?
LED lights are cool to touch and dim over time. They have no hazards which might make it unsafe for leaving it on all the time. However, it is better to turn them off at night so that the transformer cools down and there is no overheating.
2. How do smart light bulbs work with Alexa?
Smart LED light bulbs can connect to Wi-Fi or a smart hub that is compatible with Alexa. Using this wireless connection, you can connect with Alexa and use your voice to turn the light on or off.
3. Are LED lights dangerous?
LED lights do not consist of mercury or any dangerous hazards. Moreover, they consume less energy than other CFL lights.
4. How long do LED bulbs last?
Most LED lights have an average battery life rating of 50,000 hours. These bulbs used for 12 hours a day have a life of more than 11 years.
5. What do smart light bulbs do?
Smart lights allow you to connect them with a smart hub like Alexa or Google Assistant so that you can control the basic operations of the bulb using your voice. This enables you to turn the light on or off whenever you want without having to reach for the switch.
A smart LED bulb is designed to bring about revolutionary changes in the way you operate your lights. While some LED smart bulbs are powered with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth functionality, some others work on voice commands.
It gives you the convenience of switching On/Off your bulb from your smartphone, iPad, or tablet. Some smart bulbs are equipped with radar motion detection functionality that detects if you have left the lights on while leaving your house.
Get smart LED bulbs and bring the smarter and futuristic lighting system to your home. If you are still confused as to which products to go for, you can choose one of our top picks: Wipro Smart LED Bulb and the Syska Smart LED bulb.