Best Smart LED Light Bulbs
Are you tired of turning lights on/ off every time you walk in a room? Are you looking for some creative lights stuff to experiment according to your mood? Do you need a bulb that can be controlled from any corner of the home? Do you need a bulb that wakes you up and makes your sleep more comfortable and happy? Here, we have a way. A smart LED light bulb can do all the things for you.
Smart bulbs have plenty of features, and a wide range of bulbs are available in the market. Also, every smart bulb works differently; some need a hub to connect while some work on Wifi or Bluetooth. Moreover, some smart bulbs work with voice commands. Usually, smart lighting system does not require any additional fixtures or special wiring. So, you can use existing fixtures to screw the bulbs.
Here, in this article, we have provided the types of smart LED light bulbs, why do we need it, a buying guide, and top 10 picks of the smart bulb. We have done the required research to find out the best products for you.
Our Top 10 Picks
Bluetooth Smart light bulb
Works with Alexa and google home
Wifi smart bulb
Easy to install
Built-in speaker bulb
Low budget smart bulb
Why you should choose a smart bulb and what a smart bulb can do?
A smart bulb does not work like a normal bulb. It provides so many features that are attractive and easy to use. Apart from connecting your smart bulb wireless, there are many more features provided. One of the main features is they can be connected easily from any corner of the house. Once your phone has the app installed, using the app, you can switch on or off, adjust the brightness, or even increase or decrease the temperature of the bulb.
Moreover, smart bulbs come with changeable colors. You can choose a theme color for the entire room on some parties. Also, you can adjust the bulb colors according to the wall color and furniture to look at your home more graceful. Few smart bulbs come with music sync feature. In this type of smart bulbs, the lights change as per the song to provide an extra feel of the song.
A smart bulb with built-in speakers is an add-on feature. You can easily listen to music without any extra speakers and wire connections around your home. Few smart light bulbs are designed to provide proper sleep in a better way. These kinds of bulbs emit colors that are adjusted as per the sleep mode, and the brightness, the temperature of the bulb is also adjusted.
Few advanced smart light bulbs can switch on or off the light automatically when you enter or leave the room. Also, some smart bulbs are capable of responding to the security alarm system. At the top of all, LED smart bulbs are cost-saving and work for long hours.
NOTE: Always read the instructions before installing and set up to avoid errors.
Types of smart LED Light Bulbs
Smart LED light bulbs provide great ambiance to our home. Using the smart LED bulbs, you can turn your home into a smart home. These smart LED bulbs have different and attractive features. All you need to make your smart light bulbs for homework is Tablets, Smartphones, iPads. As they work from any corner of the home, you need an app to operate them.
However, few smart lighting systems for the home can even work with voice commands. Depending on how they can be connected and various other factors, smart light bulbs can be categorized into different types as follows:
Z-Wave and Zigbee
Zigbee and Z-wave are smart home open protocols that work when connected to a hub. Any Zigbee and Z-wave bulbs can be connected to Z-wave hub or Zigbee hub easily. Zigbee and z-wave bulbs are pretty much more comfortable to connect.
Also, the life of these kinds of bulbs is much longer than other types of bulbs. Moreover, Z-wave and Zigbee bulbs are more reliable, and zero lag or less lag is observed. Zigbee and Z-wave work on mesh networking, and hence every product functions as a repeater.
Wifi smart lighting system for home connect via router directly to the internet. So, lights can be controlled with the app. However, there will be more load on your web, as many devices will be connected to the internet. Hence, you need a wifi router which supports a lot of devices. Also, there may be some lag when the network is busy.
It is considered a cheaper way of connecting your smart bulbs. Also, these bulbs are available for an affordable price. Bluetooth bulbs can be connected to smartphones, tablets, iPads. These bulbs are difficult to establish the connection as the pairing is required, and pairing can be a difficult task sometimes. Also, you need to switch on and off until you establish the connection properly.
Moreover, they can not be controlled from a farther distance or outside your home as Bluetooth is restricted to a limited range. If you really need to control them, then you need a hub.
Few smart LED light bulbs need a hub or bridge for connectivity. Hub-based bulbs can be controlled in a broader range whereas a Bluetooth has a limited range. Also, by installing the hub, you can control all your devices with a single app only. Installing hub may cost you more and also set up may not be easier.
Google Max, Amazon Echo Plus, Samsung Hub are few best hubs which work excellently as per the needs.
Things to be checked before buying a smart light bulb
A smart light bulb is fun to use; they are cost-saving and work efficiently. It is a one-time investment for many years, as smart light bulbs work well for many years.
A smart light bulb came in different size and made easily available in the market. Moreover, you do not need any special fixtures to fit the smart light bulb. They can be easily fit into the existing bulb fixtures. The only thing you have to look for is bulb fitting in the current fitting cap. Thus, if you are looking to upgrade the task will be more comfortable.
On average, every led smart bulb can be used for 15,000 to 40,000 hours and sometimes even more hours. It depends on the brand and features. Hence, a smart light bulb is a one-time investment. Ensure, the smart light bulb can work a minimum of 5 years and hence choose the bulb which has the warranty.
Usually, a smart light bulb needs fewer watts to emit the light and reduces the electricity bill. A smart light bulb is considered as energy-saving bulbs. Also, the brightness of the smart light bulb is more when compared to other types of bulbs.
Now, as the demand for the smart light bulb is increased a wide range of colored bulbs along with plain white bulb is available in the market. Colored smart light bulb add ambiance to your room. Few branded smart light bulb provide the bulb with 16 million colors changing feature. Also, some bulbs are available in such a way that the color changes along with the music. So, before buying the bulb, make sure that the color provided with the bulb is as per your requirement.
A smart light bulb has the special feature of dimming the light. Ensure that the bulb you are choosing has a dimmable feature. As you always don’t need a bulb that emits bright light all the time. A dimmable smart light bulb helps to create mood oriented atmosphere. If your smart light bulb has no dim option, then you can create using the dimmer switch.
Apart from controlling your smart light bulb using apps, you can also change the color of the bulb and either switch on or off over voice control. Use google home assistant or Amazon Alexa to integrate and control the lights via voice commands. Voice Control is a great feature that provides hands-free operation.
The critical point to be considered while buying a smart light bulb is warranty. As you are investing a good amount in smart light bulbs choose one which has the warranty period. Though some smart light bulbs say that the bulb work for 20,000 plus hours but they actually won’t. Even they may stop working after one to two months. In such cases, you can easily exchange the product by contacting the concerned brand. Usually, few smart LED light bulb comes with one to three year of the warranty period.
Only a few smart light bulbs are certified as per the industry standards. A certified smart light bulb is safer to use. Also, a certified smart light bulb is durable, and the quality of the product will also be excellent. However, a certified smart light bulb will be tested ones.
A smart light bulb can be easily controlled using the app that is provided with the brand. You can control the smart light bulb either using a smartphone or tablet or iPad. Apart from controlling the color or changing color, you can also control the brightness and temperature of the light. If you integrate the smart light bulb with the home automation system and uses the hub, you can simply control using a single app.
Every smart light bulb is not durable. A durable, smart light bulb works for more years. So, you can save more energy. Moreover, they must be easily controlled with apps.
The smart light bulbs are designed innovatively to meet the requirement as per the customer needs. Your smart bulb is capable of changing colors; it can sync to the music. Also, it can be set as the wake-up alarm and security alarm. Choose the bulb in such a way it meets all your desired requirements.
Smart lights, when linked with other devices, can be used frequently, and they provide more functionality. Hence, opt for the lights that are compatible with smart home systems like Alexa, Google home assistant. Also, these kinds of smart systems allow controlling lights over voice commands. Moreover, some smart light bulbs are compatible with only android phones, while some with all kinds of smartphones,iPads, etc.
Setup is the major part of fixing the smart LED light bulb. Some smart light bulbs need a hub or bridge to communicate and control the lights while some bulbs need wifi or Bluetooth or Zigbee connectivity to communicate. The happiest part of setting up the smart LED light bulb is they do not need any wires to connect. Choose the smart light bulb that is easy to set up.
10 Best Smart LED Light Bulbs
1. Wipro Garnet Smart Light 7W B22 LED Bulb – Our Pick
Garnet smart bulb is the product of Wipro Limited, a leading company. They are into different sectors of the business. Also, Wipro is recognized throughout the world for their dedicated services. The smart bulbs are created with innovative design and as per the consumer requirements.
Garnet smart bulb is compatible with Alex and Google Home Assistant. It is made from a polycarbonate material and requires 7w to emit the light. You can choose your desired colors from 16 million colors. Install Wipro smart home app for controlling the light. Moreover, the bulb does not require any hub or bridge for connectivity.
- Wipro smart bulb comes with one year warranty
- It works with Google Home Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Also, you can configure the bulb and create your function through IFTTT app
- You can control the lights individually or by creating groups
- Adjust the light or control the light from 16 million colors as per your mood requirement
- Also, the bulb can be used as a timer and create schedules. You can wake up with soft lights and sleep with dim lights
- Easy to installation
- It works with even mobile hotspot
- Quality of the product is good
- The product comes at an affordable price
- The Wipro app consumes less battery
- The bulb switches on automatically after the reset of the power
- Also, the brightness of the light needs to be improved
2. Philips Hue 9.5W E27 Bulb – Hub/Bridge-based bulb
Philips Hue is the product of Philips India Private limited. It is the subsidiary of Royal Philips. Philips is a trusted company, and all their goods have good ratings. Also, Philips products are designed innovatively as per the customer needs. Moreover, they have a wide range of collection, including personal care, household products, lighting, mother, and childcare.
Philips smart bulb provides ambiance to your home. Start your day with Philips hue wakeup alarm lights, end your day with relaxing white lights. You can select from 50thousand shades of light. Control the lights from the smartphone or iPad or Tablet. Otherwise, you can also use a dimming switch to control the lights.
- The product comes with a two-year warranty
- Philips Hue provides different colors from warm white to cool daylight
- The bulb works with Google Home, Amazon Echo, and Apple Homekit
- The base of the bulb is E27 and coming to the wattage it is 9.5watts
- Philips Hue bulb needs a Hue bridge to connect and function properly
- Comes with a number of preset hue modes
- The lights on when you approach the home with the location-aware function
- The bulb can work with Amazon echo plus only if you want to use it without a hub
- It can also be used as a night light
- Installation and setup of the light is easy
- Help set alarms and reminders
- Hub or bridge required to make the bulb work
- The brightness of the light is perfect only for medium-sized rooms but not for extra-large rooms
- Only four-color setting
3. Mansaa Wireless Smart LED Bulb – Bluetooth Smart light bulb
Mansaa is into smart lights, cables and string lights. Also, their products come with a warranty and bulbs can be used in easy plug and play holder. All the products are designed interestingly to meet the needs of the customers. Also, the lights can be controlled from any corner of the house using a smartphone.
Mansaa Smartshine bulb is resistant to high fluctuations. It is capable of producing more than 16 million color shades. The bulb can be used for mood lighting to enhance the beauty of the room. You can wake up with lights as an alarm. Moreover, the product has great music sync facility.
- The smart shine bulb comes with a 3-year warranty
- Lights can be controlled by smartphone using SmartShine app. Also, the app is friendly to Android users, iPhone, iPad. Moreover, the app is easy to use and simple
- The lights can be synced to music from the smartphones as well as music from external speakers
- Also, lights can be controlled individually or can be controlled in groups
- Comes with real-time music sync
- 16 million colors for mood lighting
- Also, the lights can be switched on or off using smartphones
- Moreover, the smart light bulbs can fit in any regular holders
- Works excellent with iPhone
- The bulb comes with durable quality
- Comes with alarm functionality to wake you up with lights on
- The brightness of the color is as mentioned
- A wide range of colors are attractive
- Bluetooth connectivity can be improved slightly
4. Mi LED 10W Smart Bulb – Works with Alexa and google home
The Mi LED comes with a 10-watt brightness and 800 Lumens. It allows you to adjust the color temperature according to the mode with its adjustable temperature control. The LED bulb is easy to operate, and it also has a long life, which makes it a reliable choice for users. The wireless bulb is also compatible with Alexa and Google assistant making your life smarter.
- Ten watts, 800 Lumens.
- It has wireless connectivity of 802.11 bgn.
- Comes with an average battery type of 25000 hours.
- 16oo million colors.
- The color, brightness, power, and schedules can be controlled with a mobile app.
- The bridge is not needed, it can work with existing 2.4 GHz router set up
- The color temperature can be adjusted from 1700 K to 6500 K.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google assistant.
- Six months warranty.
- It has a long life of 11 years.
- You can control it with the mobile app
- Allows you to set the tone for every mood.
- Does not come with a bulb holder converter.
5. TP-Link LB100 Wi-Fi SmartLight – Wifi smart bulb
LB-100 is the product of TP-Link founded in 1996. They provide networking devices and accessories that are used in day-to-day life. Their products include WiFi routers, Extenders, modems, and other accessories. All their products are well tested before use.
Tp-link smart led light bulb is easy to connect in existing fixtures. Now, you can manage the lights using Kasa app from a smartphone or Tablet. You can use voice commands to control the light when paired with Amazon Alexa. Follow the instruction to install and set up the smart light bulb. The bulb requires 7w to emit the light.
- LB 100 bulb works with Amazon Alexa, and you can use voice commands to control the lights
- The bulb should not be used with dimmer switches
- Also, the day-to-day energy consumption can be tracked
- Energy consumption is less, and you can save up to 80% energy
- You can also schedule the timer and lights. For example, you can schedule to turn off the lights during sleep time
- The product comes with an E27 screw base
- Easy to set up and easy pairing
- No hub is required for connection
- Dimness and brightness adjustments are working good
- It takes only a few minutes to set up
- The brightness of the bulb could be improved
6. Count On Smart Wireless LED Bulb – Hands-free control
Count On has a good collection of smart bulbs, plug sockets, digital countdown meters, power strip extension board, fingerprint scanner. All their products have good user ratings and used widely across the place. Count On bulbs works with voice commands and has multicolor feature. All the products are designed innovatively.
Count On LED smart light bulb adds ambiance to our place. Also, it has a great feature of choosing the light as per our requirement. One can set the lights as per the party time, entertainment time, etc. Moreover, the light can be adjusted as per our moods and hands-free to control.
- Count on the LED bulb can be used as a common LED top. Also, each color can be dimmed as per the requirement. Can opt the color from 16 million colors
- The bulb can be controlled from any corner of the room
- It works on connectivity like wifi/2G/3G/4G
- The lights can be controlled over voice commands
- Using the App timers can be set or scheduled to turn on/off. Also, lights can be controlled in groups
- Count On LED bulb is suitable for hotels, homes, restaurants, bars, music spots and much more
- It has preset scene modes – 4 static and four dynamic
- The bulb claims that it can work for 30,000 hours and also saves energy up to 80%
- It is made from aluminum and plastic
- Easy to configure with Google home/assistant
- Pairing is easy and easy to connect to wifi
- The good voice control feature
- Easy installation
- Ease of use because the bulbs can be controlled in a group or individually
- The bulb does not have any Bluetooth or speaker
- Not all colors work over command
7. Halo Smart LED Downlight – Easy to Install
Halo smart light bulb is the product of Eaton. Eaton enhances the quality of life by improving technologies and services. Their products include downlight, floodlight, motion floodlight, Bluetooth dimmer, accessory dimmer, internet access bridge, smart plug-in. The Halo home app is easy to use and connect.
Halo Zigbee smart light bulb is certified from energy star. The bulb replaces a 65w incandescent bulb. Also, the Zigbee bulb has the functionality of changing both the color as well as temperature. A Zigbee LED bulb is easy to install and easy to control from the app. The design of the bulb is attractive, and the product is easy to use with many great features.
- The bulb can work for 50,000 hours so energy saving
- It works with Amazon Alexa, wink
- Control the bulb remotely using the app. Also, the color and the temperature can be controlled via an app
- Also, you can switch ON/OFF/Dim light remotely
- Is suitable for wet or damp locations, home, offices, party locations
- The lights can be dimmed up to 5%
- The installation part is very easy
- Light can be controlled in both ways – brightness as well as temperature
- Easy to install following the instructions
- Easy to pair with hubs, smartphones
- Excellent light quality
- Quality of the mounting springs can be improved
- Does not work well with wall dimmers
8. Lovely home Bluetooth Led Bulb – Built-in speaker bulb
Lovely home products are categorized in a wide range. Their products include muscle roller, clip-on book lights, bath scrub, curtain string lights, toothbrush holder, Smart light, and much more. The Bluetooth LED bulb comes with an in-built speaker and adapter for B22 to E27 conversion. Now, you can connect your speaker easily with an app from the smartphone.1
- The Lovely home smart light bulb is designed innovatively and can work as both Bluetooth speaker and bulb. Moreover, both can be worked simultaneously
- Also, it comes with multiple color setting. Adjust the light as per your mood
- Moreover, the product comes with one year warranty, and so any problem persists you can exchange the product
- Also, you can set the time to switch on/off the light as per your color requirement and time. So, it can work as a wakeup alarm too
- To ensure good quality of sound, the bulb comes with a fine mesh and durable lamp body
- Also, the lamp holder is safe to use and comes with an additional adapter for easy conversion
- Download the app to control the lights easily from the smartphone
- The product comes with a B22 to E27 convertible adapter
- Easy setup and installation only need to follow the instructions
- Easy to pair with Bluetooth devices
- Has group light control
- The strength of the Bluetooth signal can be improved
9. KingSo Smart Motion Activated LED Night Lights – Motion detector
Kingso company offer a variety of products to meet our needs in-home and sports, outdoor and garden lighting. Their lighting products and accessories are more innovative and also trusted ones.
KingSo Radar motion smart light bulb is sensitive than traditional ones. It switches on even any moving object is triggered for the mentioned distance. The brightness of the light is good and requires 7W. Also, the temperature of the light is bearable.
- KingSo ABS bulbs work on radar technology. It has a 120-degree detection angle and 16 ft on detection; the bulb easily switch on/off
- Automatically the bulb switches off if detected no motion for 24s
- It is energy-saving with the 7 W motion sensor bulb
- These bulbs are best suited for a walk-in closet, galleries, hotel rooms, shopping halls, auditoriums, meeting rooms, corridors, garage
- The base of the bulb is E27 and is easy to install
- Moreover, the lampshade is made of plastic and is fireproof
- The bulb is capable of detecting the presence of humans, cars, animals, and fans which are 15 to 20 steps away
- The motion detector is working well
- Low energy consumption, great to use
- It switches on when remote toys motion is detected
10. Svarochi Smart LED Lights – Low budget smart bulb
Svarochi was founded in 2016, and ‘Svarochi’ is Sanskrit origin word that means ‘brilliant appearance.’ All their Smart lights are based on cutting edge mesh technology. Lights can be controlled from the smartphone. Their categories include bright & Dim, Color & Daylight, Warm & Cool.
Svarochi smart LED bulb is easy to plug and play. Their lights enhance the ambiance and can be adjusted via an app to reflect our mood. They follow Bluetooth mesh technology and requires 9W to work. Moreover, the bulb works with existing fixtures.
- Compatible with iOS and Android phones
- The bulb comes with a 2-year warranty
- It is easy to plug in existing fixtures no additional wiring is required
- Operating life of the bulb is 25000 hours
- Can be operated from normal switches too for switching on/off. The light emits as per the previous setting if operated from a switch
- The brightness of the light can be adjusted from the app
- You can create your groups and personalize settings
- Features, as mentioned, are working good
- Colour of the light can be adjusted as per the mood
- Can retain the last setting in memory
- Operates easily through normal switches
- App connectivity should be improved
- Have some pairing issues
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it safe to leave LED lights on all the time?
LED lights are cool to touch and dim over time. They consist of no hazards which might make it unsafe for leaving it on all the time. However, it is better to turn them off at night so that the transformer cools down and there is no overheating.
2. How do smart light bulbs work with Alexa?
Smart LED light bulbs can connect to WiFi or a smart hub which is compatible with Alexa. Using this wireless connection, you can connect with Alexa and use your voice to turn the light on or off.
3. Are LED lights dangerous?
LED lights do not consist of mercury or any dangerous hazards. Moreover, they consume less energy than other CFL lights. However, according to a study, eco-friendly LED lights might lead to blindness.
4. How long do LED bulbs last?
Most LED lights have an average battery life rating of 50,000 hours. These bulbs used for 12 hours a day have a life of more than 11 years.
5. What do smart light bulbs do?
Smart lights allow you to connect them with a smart hub like Alexa or Google Assistant so that you can control the basic operations of the bulb using your voice. This enables you to turn the light on or off whenever you want without having to reach for the switch.
If you want to buy any of the smart light bulbs, then just click on the link mentioned. Smart light bulbs provide great ambiance to your rooms.