Best Sleep Trackers
Do you experience irregular sleeping patterns or find it difficult to enjoy sound sleep? Well, you are not alone. The pressures of stress-filled modern-day lifestyle put our health in precarious conditions more often than not and lead to sleep disorders.
Sleep-tracker works wonders in such scenarios and helps us to improve the quality of our sleep. It helps us to identify the root causes of sleep disturbances and take corrective measures for removing them.
A sleep- tracker effectively tracks your sleeping pattern by considering various factors such as breathing pattern, heart rate, etc. It also tracks lighting, temperature, air quality, and noise in your sleeping room.
We also provide a buyer’s guide to help you find the ideal sleep tracker along with detailed reviews of the top 9 sleep trackers available on Amazon.in. You can know more about this device by going through the FAQ section towards the end of this article.
Top 9 Sleep Trackers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
The Sturdy and Resistant Tracker
The Attractive Band
The Breathing Coach
The Comfortable Sleep Tracker
Easy To Use Band
The All In One Tracker
The Mental Fitness Enhancer
Compact Sleep Tracker
Why Do You Need A Sleep Tracker?
Sleep trackers and fitness trackers are designed for people having trouble sleeping.
The device helps in tracking the sleeping pattern or habit of a person by taking into consideration the heart rate, breathing pattern and other factors including temperature of the room, noise, the lighting and quality of air.
Sleep trackers also help in monitoring heart rate, burned calories, distance and steps covered, healthy food consumption, exercise routines including walking, running, cycling, etc.
A healthy and fit person will have more regular sleep cycles with enhanced quality of sleep than a physically inactive person.
Most sleep trackers also come with a digital display so that you can be well notified with calls, emails, and messages without having to check phones. The trackers also come with vibrating alarms that will help you in waking up on time without disturbing others.
You can also check weather forecasts and set reminders for events and other daily goals or activities. Moreover, they can also help you in finding your phone in case it gets misplaced.
Working of A Sleep Tracker
A sleep tracker considers certain factors while analyzing your sleeping pattern to identify the quality or status of sleep. This will help you make the required adjustments in your sleeping habits or daily activities so that you obtain sound sleep to carry on your day to day activities.
Body Movements: The most important factor to understand the status of your sleep is your body movement. A person in sound sleep will tend to stay still compared to a person who is in light sleep.
A dream will make you twitch so the sleep tracker will identify that you are dreaming.
Most wearable trackers come with sensors that are worn around the wrist while smartphone app trackers use the phone’s accelerometer to check whether you are awake or in a deep sleep.
Noise: Sleep trackers may come with microphones to record the presence of any noise in the room, including that of TV, which might affect the quality of your sleep. A quiet, dark room ensures a more sound sleep than a noisy one.
It also records your breathing to know if you are snoring as that might also mess with your sleep. The tracker records your snoring to understand if you are choking so that it identifies if you have any sleeping disorders like sleep apnea.
Heart Rate: Most wearable sleep trackers use a personal heart rate monitor (HRM) technology to monitor your heart rate to understand your sleeping pattern.
If you are in a sound sleep, your heart rate slows down, and blood pressure remains low while as your sleep progresses as per the duration the heart rate might increase.
You can also know if you are in Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep as the heart rate will have more variations.
Temperature: A sleep tracker with a thermostat might adjust the temperature of the room so that you sleep soundly. The required room temperature should be between low to mid 60 degrees F for adults while that for children should be a bit warmer.
Thus, temperature also affects the quality of sleep.
Buyer’s Guide for Sleep Tracker
The sleep tracker should have a simplistic yet stylish design that is also comfortable to wear. Hence, go for a band that is made using soft TPU material that is comfortable and can be worn for long hours.
You can also go for light-weight compact trackers that are designed like rings as they are much more convenient to wear at all times. Ensure that the tracker you purchase is resistant against dust and scratches so that it is durable.
Go for a band that comes with a large OLED, LED or LCD touch screen display that features Gorilla 3 and anti-fingerprint coating. This prevents scratches on the screen so that it remains long-lasting.
Moreover, the digital display also allows you to check displayed notifications so that you never miss out on important updates. This will also help you monitor your heart rate, sleeping pattern, burnt calories, step count, etc.
The tracker should have a water resistance of 5 ATM or an IPX6 rating so that it remains well protected underwater up to a depth of 50 meters. This allows you to wear it constantly underwater so that the sensors can identify the swimming strokes.
Your tracker will remain protected against water and dust hence increasing its durability.
The sleep tracker should come with multiple features so that you identify your sleeping pattern and make adjustments accordingly. It should be able to measure steps taken, calories burnt, exercise routines like walking, running, cycling, etc.
So that you can maximize your workout sessions. This helps you set daily goals and activity routines to remain physically fit and active.
The tracker should be connected to an app so that you can also connect to your phone using a compatible Bluetooth version. This ensures that you are always notified with messages from WhatsApp, calls, SMS, emails, and other notifications from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
This allows you to always remain connected with people without having to check your phone.
Go for a sleep tracker that comes with an easy and fast charging option. Trackers come with built-in USB so that you can connect it to a charging port or laptop by removing the band.
The tracker should have a long battery life so that a single charge can make it work up to at least 8-10 days on normal use.
9 Best sleep trackers
1. Mi Band 3 – Our Choice
Mi has taken over the markets like a storm with all its latest electronic gadgets and products. The Mi Band 3 is the best sleep tracker device that can be worn comfortably on your wrist to track your sleeping pattern along with monitoring your heart rate while sleeping.
You can also wear it while swimming or surfing because it is water-resistant up to 50 m.
The black and stylish band also tracks your daily goals, routines and also analyses your sleeping data for a better understanding of your sleeping habits.
It provides instant notifications from your social media accounts, updates on weather, etc. You are constantly aware of your surroundings without having to check your smartphone.
- Comes with a 0.78 inch OLED touch screen.
- The strap with an adjustable length of 155 – 216 mm is made from a thermoplastic elastomer material.
- Monitors quality of sleep.
- Has a battery life of 20 days while in case of continuous heart rate monitoring the battery lasts up to 3-9 days.
- Comes with a real-time activity tracker.
- Features a heart rate monitor.
- Provides instant notifications of SMS, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
- Comes with a find my phone feature that makes your phone ring when misplaced.
- The water-resistant band can be worn while swimming and surfing.
- Measures the heart rate, including the VO2 max rate, Aerobic, and anaerobic heart rate zones.
- You can customize your daily goals and check progress and your sleeping data using the Mi-Fit app.
- Allows you to check heart rate, exercise duration, pace, stride, routines, etc. using the activity tracker.
- The material of the strap makes it skin-friendly and comfortable to wear.
- Records data of your sleep pattern every night to adjust your sleeping habits accordingly.
- You can also get the weather forecast and idle alert.
- It is hard to view the screen during sunlight.
- The battery is not that great.
2. Honor Band 4 – The Sturdy and Resistant Tracker
Honor has used the latest technology to provide us with a wide range of smartphones, tablets, and other wearable electronic gadgets like Honor Band 4.
This band can be worn at all times especially while sleeping, in order to track the sleeping pattern in order to identify the issues you have related to sleep so that you can easily find a solution to the problem.
Apart from its waterproof design, the six-axis sensor allows you to recognize the different swimming strokes to help you learn swimming better.
You can easily detect your heart rate and also obtain accurate 24-hour heart rate alerts on this band. It also comes with smart features like online number identification and call, message alerts or notifications for added convenience.
- Features a touch screen display made of 2.5 D glass.
- Water-resistant up to 50 m.
- A single charge can make it last up to 17 days under normal usage.
- Comes with multiple types of workout including swimming, outdoor and indoor running, walking, and cycling.
- Comes with handy smart features like notifications, online number identification, phone finding when your phone gets misplaced, etc.
- Uses infrared technology to detect heart rate at night while sleeping.
- It is validated by the Center for Dynamical Biomarkers (DBIOM) at BIDMC that is a well-known teaching hospital at Harward Medical School.
- The display is sturdy and resistant to scratches.
- Capable of identifying common sleep issues, including irregular sleeping patterns, light, and deep sleep, easy awakening, insomnia, and too much dreaming.
- Provides you with accurate 24-hour heart rate alerts and heart rate monitoring.
- It is capable of recognizing swimming strokes with its 6-axis sensor and also records distance, calories, and swimming speeds.
- The band can be transformed into a remote control in order to take pictures or selfies.
- Certain features are only available for Honor or Huawei phones.
3. Smart Fitness Band – The Attractive Band
The Holy High Fitness tracker watch monitors your heart rate and sleeping pattern with precision so that you can identify any underlying issues which you might have.
It is an attractive band that is available in appealing colors and made using soft TPU material to keep you comfortable at night while you wear it and sleep.
The band also comes with multiple features including pedometer, distance and calorie burned counters so that you can track your activity during exercises so that you remain fit and active.
- Comes with a 0.96 inch OLED screen.
- Compatible with Android 4.4 and iPhone iOS 7.1.
- A single charge can last up to 8 days with normal usage.
- You can connect the band to your phone via Bluetooth version 4.0 BLE using the VeryFitPro app.
- Comes with a built-in USB dongle.
- Ensures precise heart rate monitoring.
- Tracks your sleep pattern to understand the quality of sleep, including light and deep sleep.
- The silent vibration proves to be the ideal alarm alert that will not disturb the sleep of your family members.
- Notifies you if you receive any messages from WhatsApp, Facebook, calls, emails, etc.
- Capable of recording the details related to your exercises, including running, walking, cycling, etc.
- Includes multiple functions including heart rate monitor, distance and calorie burned counter, step counter, and sleeping monitor.
- It can also be used as a remote to click pictures on your phone.
- Comes with gesture control features.
- The app required to connect the phone crashes a lot.
4. Huawei Activity Tracker – The Breathing Coach
The Huawei ERS-B19 Band 2 is an activity tracker that can count steps and provide you details on the distance you travel using its GPS speed, movements, and distance tracking ability. It also monitors your sleeping pattern and heart rate so that you can maximize workouts.
You can also use its soothing lights to guide your breathing so that you remain relaxed and calm throughout the day. The water-resistant design ensures limitless performance as you can also wear it during swimming sessions.
You get both comfort and style as the band clasps seamlessly on to your wrist.
- It has a waterproof design that can withstand water pressure up to 5 ATM.
- It has GPS enabled in it to provide data on how far you travel.
- It comes with heart rate, sleep, and other biometric monitoring features.
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturing warranty.
- The all-day heart monitoring provides you precise data related to your heart.
- Helps you perform better and remain healthy.
- The first beat helps you track your heart rate to optimize the VO2 max, i.e. the maximum oxygen consumption rate so that you can maximize your workout.
- The soothing lights of the device help you stay connected with the world physically and mentally while also guiding your breathing.
- Keeps you connected to the world without having to look at your phone as it notifies you in case of any calls, messages, etc.
- It has a good battery life.
- It is both comfortable and stylish.
- The pedometer of this device was not up to the mark.
5. Fastrack Reflex 2.0 Activity Tracker – The Comfortable Sleep Tracker
Fastrack is a leading fashion accessory brand that has introduced a wide range of products, including watches, sunglasses, bags, etc.
The Fastrack Reflex 2.0 is a must-have if you are in search of an activity tracker that tracks all your daily activities, including calories burnt, distance covered, counting steps, and tracking sleep.
The band is made of TPU material that is comfortable to wear throughout the day. It is waterproof with an IPX6 rating, which prevents it from getting damaged when it comes in contact with water.
Moreover, it also allows you to keep in touch with friends and family by displaying messages from WhatsApp and other platforms using its digital touch screen display.
- The strap is made using TPU while the case is made using plastic.
- Bandwidth: 20 mm and the case diameter: 50 mm.
- Comes with a buckle type clasp.
- Has a battery life of 10 days.
- It has a water resistance rating of IPX6.
- It has a GPS tracking system so that you never lose your phone.
- Comes with sedentary reminder and sleep tracking features.
- Compatible with iOS version 8.0 and Android versions 5.0 and above except Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro, Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro, Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro and all the phones of the Moto G5 series.
- You can use it as a remote to control camera operations while clicking pictures.
- It helps in counting steps, measuring the distance covered, and the calories burnt.
- The sedentary reminder helps in reminding you of your daily routine so that you can also make time for more activity.
- You can connect the phone to your band using an app so that you never miss out on important phone calls.
- The vibrating alarm prevents you from disturbing the sleep of others around you.
- Step counting is not accurate.
6. Samsung Galaxy Fit2 Smart Band
Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 smart band is a durable and lightweight sleep tracker that enables you to track your fitness and wellness easily. The monitoring of your sleep, heart-rate, and workouts has never been as easy as making a simple glance at your wrists.
This fit2 smart band enables you to receive your social media and call notifications on your tracker. It provides long-lasting working for up to a week with a single charge.
It comes with a full-colored and high-resolution AMOLED display that allows you to retrieve your fitness stats and see them clearly. It is designed for on-the-go fitness enthusiasts to stay healthy always.
- It has a sleek design that provides enhanced visibility for maintaining your style and rhythm.
- It features a 1.1” wide full-color AMOLED display.
- It is crafted for all-day-wear for comfortable wearing throughout the day. The presence of unique grooves in the strap prevents the accumulation of sweat.
- It provides impressive water-resistance while swimming in the pool up to the depth of 50 meters.
- It can detect more than 6 different exercises including walking, running, jogging.
- It tracks multiple fitness factors such as heat-rate, pace, calories-burned, time-spent, etc.
- With a single charge, it gives an impressive battery life of up to 21 days.
- This long-lasting battery life consistently monitors your sleep quality and keeps you going throughout the day with minimal disruptions.
- It is designed for helping you with dynamic workout sessions and performing the ellipticals or rowing for boosting the fitness regime.
- It allows you to express your personality with a diverse range of downloadable watch faces.
- It is designed for robust and flawless pairing with your Galaxy smartphone so that you can enjoy its various features.
- It feels comfortable on your wrists and can be easily worn all day long.
- It is engineered for automatically tracking the workouts, so that you can completely focus on your fitness routines.
- It features a tough and sturdy construction for withstanding the rigors of your daily and active lifestyle.
- It enables you to check your social media and call notifications from your phone with a simple glance on your wrist.
- You can also control the music on your phone app without actually touching your phone.
- It can be easily paired up with the Samsung health app so that you can auto-track your stress levels and take the required measures for managing your stress.
- It does not support the SPO2 feature.
- It is a costly fitness band as compared with other brands.
7. Amazfit Cor Fitness Band – The All In One Tracker
Amazfit Cor Fitness band is an all in one tracker that comes with a sleek and minimalist design that features an LCD touch screen display.
The anti-fingerprint coating and Gorilla 3 glass ensure its durability, making it a suitable choice for those who wish to track their heart rate and sleeping pattern. It also measures your step count, calories burnt and distance traveled.
It has a waterproof design that can resist water up to the depth of 50 m, making it suitable to wear underwater.
- Comes with a bright 1.23 inch curved IPS color LCD touch screen display.
- The display comes with anti-fingerprint coating and Gorilla 3 glass.
- A single charge ensures a battery life of up to 12 days under normal use.
- Suitable for manual and continuous heart rate tracking.
- You can receive calls, messages, emails, and other notifications on this band.
- Compatible with Android 4.4/iOS 8.0 and above.
- Charge type: Magnetic charging.
- It has a durable, sleek, and minimalist design.
- Can track your steps, distance traveled, heart rate, sleep and calories burnt.
- Gives you a detailed report on your daily activities, including running, treadmill, walking, cycling, etc.
- Provides information regarding weather forecast and also features alarm and stopwatch.
- Helps you find your phone in case you misplace it.
- The brand does not have a service center in India.
8. GOQii Fitness Tracker with Personal Coaching– The Mental Fitness Enhancer
GOQii Heart Care tracker not only helps in maintaining the physical fitness of a person but also improves the mental ability by exercising the brain with the help of cognitive games that are present in the GOQii app.
The app also comes with health care facilities like online pharmacy and healthy food suggestions to maintain your calorie intake.
It also tracks all your daily activities and patterns so that you remain active and have a proper idea about the data and records of your exercise routines or test records.
- The display features a colorful OLED screen.
- Compatible with iOS 8+ and Android 4.3 +.
- A single charge can last up to 7 days on normal use.
- The in-built USB integrated charger allows you to charge it by connecting it to the port of a laptop, power bank, or mobile charger.
- You can activate the ‘smart preventive family care’ subscription by downloading the GOQii app from play store and entering the code..
- Helps in tracking heartbeat, sleeping pattern, burnt calories, number of steps taken, and the active hours.
- Displays call notifications, messages from WhatsApp, email, SMS, and more on the OLED screen.
- They are tied up with diagnostic labs for booking tests and share the data and test records with their coach or doctor.
- Quality of the band is not up to the mark.
9. Motiv Ring Fitness, Sleep and Heart Rate Tracker – Compact Sleep Tracker
This is the ideal choice in case you are in search of a small, compact sleep tracker. It is designed like a ring making it easy to wear at all times. The ring is made from titanium that gives it a sleek and stylish look.
It can track your sleeping pattern, heart rate, and also measure the calories burnt. The data can be viewed on an app in your smartphone. Moreover, it is waterproof and has a long-lasting durability.
- This is a 24/7 ring fitness tracker.
- It is made using ultra-light titanium.
- Has a width of 8 mm and the weight is 90 grams.
- It has to be connected with the app to set daily goals and view the heart rate, sleep data, and other tracked activities.
- It has a battery life of 3 days and charges in 90 minutes.
- Comfortable and stylish to wear.
- It is light-weight and compact.
- Helps in tracking distance, steps, heart rate, sleeping patterns, calories burnt.
- Has a waterproof and durable design.
- Does not have a display like the other trackers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I track my sleep?
Tracking sleep is something that can be done by anyone to understand your sleeping pattern. This helps you identify any underlying issues like sleep apnea, irregular sleep cycles, or insomnia.
It is very important for those who have difficulty sleeping to track their sleep so that they can make adjustments accordingly.
A sound sleep keeps you healthy as well as reduces the risk of accidents by increasing concentration, improves mood, increases appetite, etc.
2. What is REM Sleep?
Rapid Eye Movement Sleep is a part of your sleep cycle where your brain is the most active as it is the phase at which you have the most dreams. During this sleep, your heart rate is much faster, and your breathing becomes irregular while your eyes move rapidly.
3. Why is deep sleep important?
Deep sleep is very important as it helps in renewing your physical energy, regulate hormones, and also promoting growth.
It keeps you fit and active. Without deep sleep, you are more likely to get sick, gain weight, and get depressed.
A sound sleep is absolutely non-negotiable as it severely impacts your health and work-productivity. A sleep-tracker is equipped with various smart features that help in tracking our sleep patterns and making the required adjustments in our sleeping habits.
It provides excellent monitoring of the sleep cycle and serves as your ideal companion in treating sleep disorders like insomnia, irregular sleep cycles, or sleep apnea.
A high-quality sleep tracker can bring about significant positive changes to your overall fitness.