Best Sleep Tracker
The advance of science and technology has benefited us in many ways. Today we have different gadgets, devices and equipment that uses the latest technology to make our lives simpler. A sleep tracker is a device that has gained immense popularity over the recent years. Many people have difficulty in falling asleep or have irregular sleeping patterns that may adversely affect their health. Sleep trackers are designed especially for people like these.
The device helps in tracking the sleeping pattern or habit of a person by taking into consideration the heart rate, breathing pattern and other factors including temperature of the room, noise, the lighting and quality of air. They also help you identify the underlying issue so that you can adjust your sleeping habits accordingly. This article explains the need for a sleep tracker and also the working of a sleep tracker.
We also provide a buyer’s guide to help you find the ideal sleep tracker and also provide detailed reviews of the top 10 sleep trackers available on Amazon along with their links to purchase them. You can know more about this device by going through the FAQ section towards the end of this article.
Top 10 Sleep Trackers
The Sturdy and Resistant Tracker
The Attractive Band
The Breathing Coach
The Comfortable Sleep Tracker
Easy To Use Band
The All In One Tracker
The Mental Fitness Enhancer
Compact Sleep Tracker
Why Do You Need A Sleep Tracker?
()Sleep trackers are very useful for those who have irregular sleep cycles, insomnia, sleep apnea etc. These devices help in tracking your sleeping pattern to analyze the sleeping habits in order to identify whether you are in deep or light sleep and if you are ready to wake up. They do this by measuring the amount of time you spend sleeping and also record the quality of sleep in order to understand if you are restless or restful.()
Sleep trackers also help in monitoring heart rate, burned calories, distance and steps covered, healthy food consumption, exercise routines including walking, running, cycling etc. so that you can maintain your physical fitness. Being physically fit and healthy also plays a huge role in the quality of sleep. A healthy and fit person will have more regular sleep cycles with enhanced quality of sleep than a physically inactive person.
Most sleep trackers also come with a digital display so that you can be well notified with calls, emails and messages without having to check phones. The trackers also come with vibrating alarms that will help you in waking up in time without disturbing the sleep of others. You can also check weather forecasts and set reminders for events and other daily goals or activities. Moreover, they can also help you in finding your phone in case it gets misplaced.
Working of A Sleep Tracker
A sleep tracker takes certain factors into consideration while analyzing your sleeping pattern to identify your quality or status of sleep. This will help you make the required adjustments in your sleeping habits or daily activities so that you obtain sound sleep in order to carry on your day to day activity. We now explain the factors.
Body Movements: The most important factor to understand the status of your sleep is your body movement. A person when in sound sleep will tend to stay still compared to a person who is in light sleep. A dream will make you twitch hence the sleep tracker will identify that you are dreaming. Most wearable trackers come with actigraph sensors that is worn around the wrist while smartphone app trackers uses the phone’s accelerometer to check weather you are awake or in deep sleep.
Noise: Sleep trackers may come with microphones to record the presence of any noise in the room including that of TV which might affect the quality of your sleep. A quiet dark room ensures a more sound sleep than a noisy one. It also records your breathing to know if you are snoring as that might also mess with your sleep. The tracker records your snoring to understand if you are choking so that it identifies if you have any sleeping disorders like sleep apnea.
Heart Rate: Most wearable sleep trackers use personal heart rate monitor (HRM) technology to monitor your heart rate to understand your sleeping pattern. If you are in sound sleep your heart rate slows down and blood pressure remains low while as your sleep progresses as per the duration the heart rate might increase. You can also know if you are in Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep as the heart rate will have more variations when you wake up.
Temperature: A sleep tracker with a thermostat might adjust the temperature of the room so that you sleep soundly. The required room temperature should be between low to mid 60 degree F for adults while that for children should be a bit warmer. Thus, temperature also affects quality of sleep.
Buyer’s Guide for Sleep Tracker
The sleep tracker should have a simplistic yet stylish design that is also comfortable to wear. Hence, go for a band that is made using soft TPU material that is comfortable and can be worn for long hours. You can also go for light-weight compact trackers that are designed like rings as they are much more convenient to wear at all times. Ensure that the tracker you purchase is resistant against dust and scratches so that it is durable.
Go for a band that comes with a large OLED, LED or LCD touch screen display that features Gorilla 3 and anti-fingerprint coating. This prevents scratches on the screen so that it remains long lasting. Moreover, the digital display also allows you to check displayed notifications so that you never miss out on important updates. This will also help you monitor your heart rate, sleeping pattern, burnt calories, step count etc.
The tracker should have a water resistance of 5 ATM or an IPX6 rating so that it remains well protected underwater up to a depth of 50 meters. This allows you to wear it constantly under water so that the sensors can also identify the swimming strokes. Your tracker will remain protected against water and dust hence increasing its durability.
The sleep tracker should come with multiple features in order to track your sleeping pattern and heart rate so that you identify your sleeping pattern and make adjustments accordingly. It should also be able to measure steps taken, calories burnt, exercise routines like walking, running, cycling etc. so that you can maximize your workout sessions. This helps you set daily goals and activity routines to remain physically fit and active.
The tracker should be connected to an app so that you can also connect to you phone using a compatible Bluetooth version. This ensures that you are always notified with messages from WhatsApp, calls, sms, emails and other notifications from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. This allows you to always remain connected with people without having to check you phone.
Go for a sleep tracker that comes with an easy and fast charging option. Trackers come with built-in USB so that you can connect it to a charging port or laptop by removing the band. The tracker should have a long battery life so that a single charge can make it work up to at least 8-10 days on normal use.
1. Mi Band 3 – Our Choice
Mi has taken over the markets like a storm with all its latest electronic gadgets and products. The Mi Band 3 is the best sleep tracker device that can be worn comfortably on your wrist to track your sleeping pattern along with monitoring your heart rate while sleeping. You can also wear it while swimming or surfing because of its water resistance of up to 50 m. The black and stylish band also manages to track your daily goals, routines and also analyses your sleeping data for better understanding of your sleeping habits.
Sleep tracker mi band provides instant notifications from your social media accounts, updates on weather etc. so that you are constantly aware of your surroundings without having to check your smartphone. This is undoubtedly the best buy and our number one choice.
- Comes with a 0.78 inch OLED touch screen.
- Ensures water resistance up to 50 m.
- The strap with adjustable length of 155 – 216 mm is made from thermoplastic elastomer material.
- Monitors quality of sleep.
- Has a battery life of 20 days while in case of continuous heart rate monitoring the battery lasts up to 3-9 days.
- Comes with a real-time activity tracker.
- Features a heart rate monitor.
- Provides instant notifications of SMS, WhatsApp and Instagram.
- Comes with a find my phone feature that makes your phone ring when misplaced.
- The water-resistant band can be worn while swimming and surfing.
- Measures the heart rate including VO2 max rate, Aerobic and anaerobic heart rate zones.
- You can customize your daily goals and check progress and your sleeping data using the Mi-Fit app.
- Allows you to check heart rate, exercise duration, pace, stride, routines etc using the activity tracker.
- The material of the strap makes it skin-friendly and comfortable to wear.
- Records data of your sleep pattern every night to adjust your sleeping habits accordingly.
- You can also get the weather forecast and idle alert.
- It is hard to view the screen during sunlight.
- Battery is not that great.
2. Honor Band 4 – The Sturdy and Resistant Tracker
Honor has used the latest technology to provide us with a wide range of smartphones, tablets and other wearable electronic gadgets like the Honor Band 4. This band can be worn at all times especially while sleeping in order to track the sleeping pattern in order to identify the issues you have related to sleep so that you can easily find a solution to the problem. Apart from this its water proof design and 6 axis sensor allows you to recognize the different swimming strokes to help you learn swimming better.
You can easily detect your heart rate and also obtain accurate 24 hour heart rate alerts on this band. It also comes with smart features like online number identification and call, message alerts or notifications for added convenience.
- Features a touch screen display made of 2.5 D glass.
- Water resistant up to 50 m.
- A single charge can make it lasts up to 17 days under normal usage.
- Comes with multiple types of workout including swimming, outdoor and indoor running, walking and cycling.
- Comes with handy smart features like notifications, online number identification, phone finding when your phone gets misplaced etc.
- Uses infrared technology to detect heart rate at night while sleeping.
- It is validated by the Center for Dynamical Biomarkers (DBIOM) at BIDMC that is a well known teaching hospital at Harward Medical School.
- The display is sturdy and resistant to scratches.
- Capable of identifying common sleep issues including irregular sleeping patterns, light and deep sleep, easy awakening, insomnia, and too much dreaming.
- Provides you with accurate 24-hour heart rate alerts and heart rate monitoring.
- It is capable of recognizing swimming strokes with its 6-axis sensor and also records distance, calories and swimming speeds.
- The band can be transformed into a remote control in order to take pictures or selfies.
- Certain features including the workout types and transformation to a remote control is only available for Honor or Huawei phones.
3. Smart Fitness Band – The Attractive Band
The HolyHigh Fitness tracker watch manages to monitor your heart rate and sleeping pattern with precision so that you can identify any underlying issues which you might have. It is an attractive band that is available in appealing colors and made using soft TPU material to keep you comfortable at night while you wear it and sleep. The band also comes with multiple features including pedometer, distance and calorie burned counters so that you can track your activity during exercises so that you remain fit and active.
- Comes with a 0.96 inch OLED screen.
- The strap of the band is made using wearable and soft TPU material.
- Compatible with Android 4.4 and iPhone iOS 7.1.
- A single charge can last up to 8 days on normal usage.
- You can connect the band to your phone via Bluetooth version 4.0 BLE using the VeryFitPro app.
- Comes with a built-in USB dongle and both the straps have to be removed for charging on a laptop, computer or charger’s USB port.
- Ensures precise heart rate monitoring.
- Tracks your sleep pattern to understand the quality of sleep including light and deep sleep.
- The silent vibration proves to be the ideal alarm alert that will not disturb the sleep of your family members.
- Notifies you if you receive any messages from WhatsApp, Facebook, calls and emails etc.
- Capable of recording the details related to your exercises including running, walking, cycling etc.
- Includes multiple functions including: heart rate monitor, distance and calorie burned counter, step counter and sleeping monitor.
- It can also be used as a remote to click pictures on your phone and as an alarm clock.
- Comes with anti-lost features and gesture control features
- As per a user, the app required to connect the phone and activity tracker crashes a lot.
4. Fitbit Charge 2 Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband – Stylish Tracker
The FitBit Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband helps you keep fit by giving you a clear picture of your health. This band monitors your sleeping pattern and heart rate so that you can maximize your workout sessions by using simplified heart rate zones including cardio, peak and fat burn. It can also measure your step count and calories burnt to keep a proper track of your exercises throughout the day while also keeping you calm with personalized breathing sessions.
The bands are interchangeable so that you can find the right band that fits your style. Thus, it keeps you fit as well as stylish throughout the day with its wide range of colored band options.
- Comes with a large OLED display.
- The bands are interchangeable.
- It has a long battery life of up to 5 days.
- Sizes available: Small (5.5?–6.7?) and Large (6.7?–8.1?).
- Colors: black/silver, blue/silver, plum/silver, black gunmetal, teal/silver, lavender rose gold.
- Capable of tracking your all day activity, your sleep, and exercise.
- It can wirelessly and automatically sync to over 200 iPhones, window and Android devices.
- Can be connected to GPS for multiple sports tracking.
- Provides your cardio fitness level.
- You can continuously track your heart rate in order to maximize your workout sessions.
- Provides a clear picture of your health by tracking the amount of burnt calories.
- Allows you to calm your self throughout the day by personalizing your breathing sessions based on your real time heart rate.
- You can see all your call and text notifications along with calendar alerts without having to take out your phone.
- You can track your sleep precisely and also wake up using the vibrating alarm alert without disturbing the sleep of others in your family.
- As per a user, the step counting feature of this devices was not accurate.
5. Huawei ERS-B19 Band 2 Classic Activity Tracker – The Breathing Coach
The Huawei ERS-B19 Band 2 is an activity tracker that can count steps and provide you details on the distance you travel using its enabled GPS speed, movements and distance tracking ability. Moreover, it also monitors your sleeping pattern and heart rate so that you can maximize workouts. You can also use its soothing lights to guide your breathing so that you remain relaxed and calm throughout the day.
The water resistant design ensures limitless performance as you can also wear it during swimming sessions. Whats more? you get both comfort and style as you feel as well as do great things while the band merges seamlessly on to your wrist.
- It has a waterproof design that can withstand a water pressure up to 5 ATM.
- It has GPS enabled in it to provide data on how far you travel.
- It comes with heart rate, sleep and other biometric monitoring features.
- It proves to be a breathing coach to improve your concentration.
- Comes with a 1 year manufacturing warranty.
- The all day heart monitoring provides you precise data related to your heart.
- Helps you perform better and remain healthy.
- The firstbeat helps you track your heart rate to optimize the VO2 max i.e. the maximum oxygen consumption rate so that you can maximize your workout.
- The soothing lights of the device helps you stay connected with the world physically and mentally while also guiding your breathing.
- Keeps you connected to the world without having to look at your phone as it notifies you in case of any calls, messages etc.
- Comes with a good battery life.
- It is both comfortable an stylish.
- As per a user review, the application and pedometer of this device was not up to the mark.
6. Fastrack Reflex 2.0 Activity Tracker – The Comfortable Sleep Tracker
Fastrack is a leading fashionable accessory brand that has introduced a wide range of products including watches, sunglasses, bags etc. The Fastrack Reflex 2.0 is a must have if you are in search of an activity tracker that manages to track all your daily activities including calories burnt, distance covered, counting steps and tracking sleep. The band is made of TPU material that is comfortable to wear throughout the day.
It is water proof of IPX6 rating which also prevents it from getting damaged when it comes in contact to water. Moreover, it also allows you to keep in touch with friends and family by displaying messages from whatsapp and other platforms using its digital touch screen display.
- The strap is made using TPU while the case is made using plastic.
- Bandwidth: 20 mm and the case diameter: 50 mm.
- Comes with a buckle type clasp.
- Has a battery life of 10 days.
- It has a water resistance rating of IPX6.
- It has a GPS tracking system so that you never lose your phone.
- Comes with sedentary reminder and sleep tracking features.
- Compatible with iOS version 8.0 and Android versions 5.0 and above except Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro, Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro, Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro and all the phones of the Moto G5 series
- Displays your Whatsapp and other messages so that you are always in touch with friends and family.
- You can use it as a remote to control camera operations while clicking pictures.
- It helps in counting steps, measuring the distance covered and the calories burnt.
- The sedentary reminder helps in reminding you of your daily routine so that you can also make time for more activity.
- You can connect the phone to your band using an app so that you never miss out on important phone calls.
- The vibrating alarm prevents you fro disturbing the sleep of others around you.
- As per a user, the step counting is not accurate.
- The band disconnects from the app in every 2-3 minutes.
7. Smart Fitness Band, Muzili Activity Tracker Sleep Monitor – Easy To Use Band
This Muzili Smart Fitness tracker analyzes your sleeping pattern and identifies your sleep cycle with light, deep sleep and awake time. Moreover, you can also track your daily activities including calories burnt, exercise routines etc so that you never have to compromise on your health. The band is easy and comfortable to wear because of its TPE strap while the LED touch screen makes it easy to switch modes. Hence, it is an easy to use and wear band that will always keep you well informed about all the required information.
- Comes with a bright 0.86 inch LED display.
- The strap is made from TPE material for comfortable and easy wear.
- Compatible with iOS 7.0 or above, Android 4.4 or above and Bluetooth 4.0 for smartphone only.
- Built in USB charge where a single charge can make it last up to 7 days.
- It has to be connected to the VeryFit app so that you are always informed.
- You can change the modes easily using the touch button.
- Comes with 12 months warranty.
- Tracks your exercise, steps, calories burnt, distance moved.
- Tracks your sleeping pattern and analyzes the quality of sleep with light and deep sleep and awake time.
- The vibration alarm helps you wake up in time without disturbing others.
- Keeps you in touch with people around by displaying message, call, emails and other notifications from Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- It has a long lasting battery and warranty.
- Has a night mode, find phone and remote camera control features.
- According to a user the band could not be connected to the app.
8. Amazfit Cor Fitness Band – The All In One Tracker
Amazfit Cor Fitness band is an all in one tracker that comes with a sleek and minimalist design that features an LCD touch screen display. The anti-fingerprint coating and Gorilla 3 glass ensures its durability making it a suitable choice for those who wish to track their heart rate and sleeping pattern while also measuring step count, calories burnt and distance traveled. It also comes with a water proof 5 ATM design that can resist water up to the depth of 50 m making it suitable to wear under water as well.
- Comes with a bright 1.23 inch curved IPS color LCD touch screen display.
- The display comes with anti-fingerprint coating and Gorilla 3 glass.
- It has a 5 ATM water resistance that provides resistance in depths up to 50 m.
- A single charge ensures a battery life of up to 12 days under normal use.
- Suitable for manual and continuous heart rate tracking.
- You can receive calls, messages, emails and other notifications on this band.
- Compatible with Android 4.4/iOS 8.0 and above.
- Charge types: Magnetic charging.
- It has a durable, sleek and minimalist design.
- Can track your steps, distance traveled, heart rate, sleep, calories burnt.
- Gives you a detailed report on your daily activities including running, treadmill, walking, cycling etc.
- Provides information regarding weather forecast and also features alarm and stopwatch.
- Helps you find your phone in case you misplace it.
- Does not have a service center in India.
9. GOQii Fitness Tracker with Personal Coaching– The Mental Fitness Enhancer
GOQii Heart Care tracker not only helps in maintaining the physical fitness of a person but also improves the mental ability by exercising the brain with the help of cognitive games that are present in the GOQii app that can be downloaded in playstore. The app also comes with health care facilities like online pharmacy and healthy food so that you are always healthy. Moreover, it also tracks all your daily activities and patterns so that you remain active and have a proper idea about the data and records of your exercise routines or test records.
- Has a OLED display type.
- Compatible with Android iOS 8+ and Android 4.3 +.
- A single charge can make it work for up to 7 days on normal use.
- In-built USB integrated charger allows you to charge it by connecting it to the port of laptop, power bank or mobile charger.
- You can activate the ‘smart preventive family care’ subscription by downloading the GOQii app from play store and entering the code.
- Comes with time and inactivity alarm.
- Helps in tracking heartbeat, sleeping pattern, burnt calories, number of steps taken and the active hours.
- Displays call notifications, messages from whatsapp, email, sms and more on the OLED screen.
- Cognitive games are built in the app so that the mental ability is improved by exercising the brain.
- It comes with a health store that provide heath product and services including healthy food, online pharmacy etc.
- Tied up with diagnostic labs for booking tests and share the data and test records with their coach or doctor.
- Quality of the band is not up to the mark.
10. Motiv Ring Fitness, Sleep and Heart Rate Tracker – Compact Sleep Tracker
This is the ideal choice in case you are in search of a small compact sleep tracker as it is designed like a ring making it easy to wear at all times. The ring is made from titanium making it a stylish choice to consider. It can track your sleeping pattern, heart rate and also measure the calories burnt while the data is viewed on the app of your phone. Moreover, it is waterproof and has a long lasting design making it a must have.
- This is a 24/7 ring fitness tracker.
- Made using ultra-light titanium.
- Has a width of 8 mm and the weight is 90 grams.
- I has to be connected with the app to set daily goals and view the heart rate, sleep data and other tracked activities.
- It has a battery life of 3 days and charges in 90 minutes.
- Comfortable and stylish to wear.
- It is light-weight and compact.
- Helps in tracking distance, steps, heart rate, sleeping patterns, calories burnt.
- Has a waterproof and durable design.
- Ring does not charge consistently and comes with a small battery life.
- Does not have a display like the other trackers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I track my sleep?
Tracking sleep is something which can be done by anyone to understand your sleeping pattern so that you can identify any underlying issues like sleep apnea, irregular sleep cycles or insomnia. It is very important for those who have difficulty in sleeping to track their sleep so that they can make adjustments accordingly. A sound sleep keeps you healthy as well as reduces the risk or accidents by increasing concentration, improves mood, increases appetite, etc.
2. What is REM Sleep?
Rapid Eye Movement Sleep is a part of your sleep cycle where your brain is the most active as it is the phase at which you have the most dreams. During this sleep your heart rate is much faster and your breathing becomes irregular while your eyes move rapidly. The body is inactive during this time.
3. Why is deep sleep important?
Deep sleep is very important as it helps in renewing your physical energy, regulate hormones and also promoting growth. It keeps you fit and active while without deep sleep you are more likely to get sick, gain weight and get depressed.
We now come to the end of this article with the hope you find the ideal sleep tracker that will meet all your requirements. The buyer’s guide will help you understand the factors which are required in a sleep tracker so that you are always fit and healthy.
You can choose any of the top 10 sleep trackers reviewed by us. However, the Mi Band 3 is undoubtedly our number one choice. The Honor 4 Band is also a suitable choice to consider going for. We hope this article helps.