Best Skate Shoes
Skateboarding is all about skill teamed with efficiency.
Skill comes as a gift or has to be developed. But efficiency can be improved with the right pair of shoes.
Just like every other sport, Skateboarding also requires proper equipment to perform well; and since skateboarding is majorly about the right legwork, it only seems fair that utmost importance must be given to finding the perfect pair of shoes which prove to be a boon while performing.
Picking a shoe which is not comfortable for you will lead to discomfort for your feet while playing, which might cause swelling or even lead to shoe bites sometimes. But the worst of all that could happen would be poor performance only because you purchased the wrong type of shoe. On the other hand, a well-fitted shoe can also prove to do wonders for a game. One can ace all the tricks with the proper grip, which comes from the careful selection of the right sole.
I’m sure as of now finding the right pair looks like a challenge.
Are these shoes comfortable enough?
Will they fit me the same way later as they do now?
How durable are these?
Do they seem to be worthy of the price you are paying for them?
Will I be able to find something that will serve my performance as well as pocket well?
These are some of the questions which often come in a consumer’s mind before purchasing the product, and indeed, these same questions might have crossed your mind as well.
Well then, do not worry because we have come up with an integrated guide that will help you make an informed decision regarding the purchase of the product. ( Refer Best Roller Skates Here )
Few basic things you must be sure of before analyzing the product. You must be well aware of your needs. You have to know what exactly you’re looking for.
Your major priority while picking the shoe has to be, comfort. Comfort comes before style. A good-looking, stylish pair of shoes will make you look charismatic while performing, but it’ll act as a mere accessory, not a necessity. However, a comfortable shoe will help you highlight your skills in a better manner.
Another important aspect that one must be aware of is the level one is performing at. As you get better, you require better shoes. Certain shoes cater only to certain styles. If all the above points are well thought of and if our instructions provided in the buyer’s guide are followed correctly, we also provide a list of best skate shoes for men and FAQs you ought to purchase the perfect product for you.
Top 12 Best Skate Shoes For Men
Skate Shoes Buyers Guide
The material of the shoe plays a very crucial role because it is a significant factor while deciding how comfortable the shoe is. Shoes are made of various types of material. Suede is one of the oldest ones and by far the best one. Most of the shoes that offer superior quality are made out of suede. However, excessive use and no care are taken towards cleaning the shoe will lead to stretching out of the shoes even though it has pretty good durability.
The next one is PU coated leather, which is more purposeful for obtaining a stylish look than comfort or durability. These shoes work wonders for daily users but are not favorable for skateboarding. Now there’s the Full-grain leather which is very pricey since it includes all the best components needed, but its durability is almost the same as regular Suede shoes.
The common ones used today are Canvas shoes. The durability and comfort of these materials do depend on how the person uses it. If there is excessive usage, it might lose its strength. However, a technology called Duracap helps in maintaining durability further.
Comfort level proves to be the most crucial factor while purchasing the right pair of shoes. All components like the right material, cushioning, design, the soles are carefully and technically put together to achieve maximum comfort level for the consumer firstly.
The consumer’s job here is to decide what exactly suits his feet. For example, a lot of shoes have high-tops for people with ankle problems. Wearing these shoes give perceived support to one’s ankles and protects them from swelling or any damage. You must also pick the design of the shoe very carefully. Most of them are designed to be balanced in a particular manner.
You must pick the shoe based on what helps you balance best instead of the ones which are more appealing to the eyes. Attention must also be paid to the sole of the shoe. A cushioned footbed is one of the requirements to make your feet feel at ease. You must be well aware of what suits you best.
This is done to ensure the comfortability of any pair of shoes. Cushioning is usually done on the midsoles. There are different materials used for the midsoles as well that are appropriate for their respective functions. Midsoles made of EVA provide a substantial impact on your foot as well as your board when it hits concrete ground.
Midsoles made of PU are more stylish than comfortable. Cushioning also affects the weight of the shoe. Sometimes due to excessive cushioning, the shoe can feel heavy while performing and might cause injury in case you’re not comfortable with the weight of the shoe. It is also a matter of preference. Some people like the extra cushioning while others need shoes with minimal cushioning. Thus you should pick whatever suits you best. Try on the shoes and walk around for a bit to see if you can take the weight well. This affects your posture, as well.
The sole of your shoe is very vital while skating. Two of the major shoe soles are the Vulcanized Rubber soles and Cup soles. Now Vulcanized soles are usually used for performing slightly advanced tricks because they provide better control of board tricks. They can provide better support while performing bigger jumps. Thus these shoes are more advisable for advanced skateboarders.
However, the Cup soles are not half bad as well. They are used for smaller tricks and smaller jumps, but they do provide heavy defense techniques while one performs aerial jumps. The perfect landing is what is needed while performing aerial jumps, or you can lose your balance, causing injury. These shoes are recommended for skateboarding at the intermediate level. Beginners usually opt for Cup soles as well.
Different brands provide different soles. You must have complete knowledge about what the brand is offering. Nike, Vans, Adidas are some of the most well-known brands in the industry.
The durability of shoes must be balanced with the price you’re paying for it. If the shoes do not have a proper warranty period provided by the company, it’s advisable not to purchase them. There are three basic features which you must check before deciding the durability of the product.
First on the list is the upper material. It has to be made of an appropriate material(Suede being the best) so that maximum wear and tear can be prevented.
The other technology companies have started adding triple stitching to acquire more durability for the product.
Last but not least, the outer sole also makes a huge impact when it comes to strength. A flat sole, made out of gum rubber is the most suitable kind because it provides excellent grip.
The design does not directly cater to the look of the shoes. It also determines how well you will be able to balance with the shoes. This is especially important for skating because while skating the movement is more aggressive; you tend to pivot more than you do while performing any other activity like running. Thus you need shoes which are designed to perform tricks and jumps with ease. Well designed shoes give your feet the consistency it requires.
The style is vital for certain people while some are only concerned with the performance of their equipment. Companies have started providing shoes which fulfill both needs. Some shoes have a simple iconic style to it for people who prefer a sober, more straightforward look. On the other hand, you can also find quirky, patterned shoes which are giving out a “fun” factor to the shoes and are made for people with a more quirky and colorful taste.
Top 12 Best Skate Shoes For Men
1. Bond Street by Red Tape Men’s Sneakers –
Manufactured in China and imported by one of the leading shoe brands Red Tape is the all-new addition to the market, Bond Street by (Red Tape) Men’s Sneakers. A perfect option for your casual occasions which go very well with Denim and T-shirt. Let us look at the other features of this product.
- The material used for making this shoe is Canvas, and it is most suitable for using it on casual occasions. The design and color of this shoe give a classy look.
- The toe style is designed as the round toe.
- The closure of this shoe is lace-up. If you are planning to wear it with Denim and T-shirts, it would be a perfect match.
- You can use this shoe throughout the day as the upper part of this shoe is made up of breathable fabric which prevents the formation of sweat on your feet and preventing bad-odor which is a usual case for everyday users.
- The sole of this shoe is made up of rubber which lends enhanced traction control
- It comes with a warranty of 90 days against manufacturing defects.
- It is a durable option for everyday users.
The quality of the material is not so good, and it fades color after using it for some times.
2. Nike Unisex’s Skateboarding Shoes –
Nike Skateboarding Shoes has a stylish and sporty design. It is made using breathable canvas material which ensures comfort to the user at all times. The lace-up type closure ensures proper fastening of the shoes. It is cushioned, flexible, and enables you to change direction easily.
- The upper part of the shoes is made of canvas.
- It has a lace-up type closure which ensures a proper fit.
- The outer sole is made using supreme quality material.
- It has a well-cushioned soft footbed.
- Available in two colors: Black-White-P. Blue and T. Blue-Noise Aqua-S.White.
- It comes with a warranty of 30 days against manufacturing defects.
- The light-weight design and breathable material ensure comfort.
- It is flexible and helps you change direction easily.
- The ultra-soft sock liner provides a cushioned feel and offers impact protection.
- The outer sole offers a firm grip.
- It might hurt the foot during the first few days of use.
3. New balance Men’s All Coasts Skateboarding Shoes –
The new balance shoes are available in different colors and sizes. It has a suede and canvas upper which ensures an effortless casual look. The multi-layered toe cap and rubber out-sole make it highly durable. It also comes with a closed-cell PU inserts protection that offers impact protection and a consistent fit.
- Features a suede/canvas upper.
- The out-sole is made of genuine gum rubber or N-durance rubber.
- It has a lace-up style closure.
- It has a closed-cell Polyurethane (PU) insert protection.
- Has a multi-layered toe cap.
- Comes with a warranty of 90 days against manufacturing defects.
- Available in different colors and sizes.
- The pair of shoes offers an effortless casual look.
- The out-sole ensures a firm grip.
- It offers impact protection and a consistent fit.
- Highly durable design.
- No negative points were seen so far.
4. Nike Skateboarding Shoes –
These pair of shoes have made it to the top of our list due to its stunning features. They come in the classic black shade and bear the weight that comes with the brand Nike although they have not failed to live up to its name and offer really good performance. They are extremely comfortable.
- These are Round-toe shoes and have normal central lace-ups showing off a casual as well as stylish look.
- The upper material is made out of Suede.
- The outsole has a textured, patterned, and unique design to it.
- The footbed is lined with a sizeable cushion.
- It offers a good warranty period for the company.
- It has a variety of sizes to offer.
- They have a Vulcanised rubber sole.
- The suede upper material proves to be the best material used for Skateboarding.
- It is a very durable product.
- It offers a good six months warranty against manufacturing defects.
- It has a very modern and stylish look to it.
- It isn’t very heavy thus provides good cushioning also.
- The rubber sole makes it one of the best fit for the money.
- It is also moderately priced.
- It can only be cleaned with a branded suede conditioner. This is used to protect your product from wear and tear.
- Not very suitable for beginners unless they’re using the shoes as casual wear.
5. Vans Skateboarding Shoes –
These shoes offer the best support to all the people with ankle problems. They come in a unique light brown shade and are manufactured by Vans. Vans is considered to be one of the best provider for skate shoes in the market. These shoes are no different and are excellent for skating as well as protect you from all injuries.
- These shoes come with upper canvas material.
- They have a uniquely designed outsole with grooves.
- The footbed is moderately cushioned.
- These come with the usual central lace-ups and with a high top styling.
- They come with Vulcanized soles.
- They come with a 3-month warranty against manufacturing defects.
- They are available in a variety of sizes.
- They are available in a different color variant.
- They prove to be highly beneficial for all the people who develop sore ankles quickly.
- With their soles and high tops, performing bigger jumps with the correct grips becomes feasible.
- They can be cleaned only with a dry fabric.
- Usage of detergents or solvents can lead to the fading of color and decrease its longevity.
- The upper canvas material reduces its durability and is not considered the best for advanced performers.
6. Adidas Men’s Skateboarding Shoes –
These shoes have a particularly stylish and smart look. Adidas is a brand which is known not only for its nearly perfect product but also for how aesthetically attractive their shoes are. The Adidas Originals have a well-patterned outsole which provides a great grip and look stunning on one’s feet while doing so.
- It has a regularly styled lace-up detail.
- Its upper material is made out of Suede leather.
- It has a moderately cushioned footbed.
- It has a very uniquely patterned outsole.
- These have Cup soles.
- The Suede leather upper material gives the feet a comfortable feeling.
- These shoes are inexpensive.
- They look very smart once worn.
- They have great durability
- These shoes have very limited varied sizes available.
- These are used more by beginners than extremely well-skilled skateboarders.
- This cannot be cleaned with a wet or even a damp cloth.
7. Supra Skate Shoes –
These shoes have a vintage look and cater to the people who are fond of subtle shades. Spura is not a very popular brand in the market when it comes to skate shoes, but they have proven to be a dark horse in the market. They protect your ankles due to their high tops, they provide a excellent grip plus they have a beautiful look to them.
- These again come with a high-top styling and central lace-ups.
- The upper material is made out of Suede leather.
- These have a stable cushioned footbed.
- The outsole has a plain texture with the brand’s logo in the center.
- These come with Vulcanized soles.
- The upper material is made out of suede leather, which provides very strong durability.
- The hightops protect your ankles.
- The lace-ups made on the high tops help in providing better support thus better grip.
- They come with a 3-month warranty against manufacturing defects.
- They are available in several sizes
- They are very expensive.
- They attract dust quite quickly.
- The only way to get rid of all that dirt and dust is by cleaning them with a dry and wet cloth only.
8. DC Men’s Trase SD Skate Shoe –
These shoes have a classic black look to it. This pair is produced by DC which is seemingly famous for its skate shoes. They have a differently patterned outsole and have a very comfortable cushion footbed. They are not very expensive, either. Thus they prove to be a great catch. They provide performance and don’t burn your pockets at the same time.
- These have broad central lace-ups.
- The outsole has a different, quirky design to it.
- It comes with a must-needed cushioned footbed.
- It comes with suede upper material.
- They have Vulcanized soles.
- These aren’t very expensive.
- They have a quiet but fun look about them.
- They are well cushioned to provide enough breathing space for your toes.
- The Vulcanized soles help in performing better, harder tricks.
- They have a 3-month warranty against manufacturing defects.
- They don’t offer too many sizes.
- They cannot be washed. You need to use a branded suede conditioner to clean them.
9. Vans Men Skate Shoes –
These shoes are for all the people who like different, abstract patterned shoes. These shoes favor a wild, outgoing, quirky personality and prove to be great for skateboarding as well. They provide excellent grip; they are incredibly comfortable since they come with the right amount of cushioning, and they have different colored central lace-ups.
- These have quirky colored central lace-ups.
- They have a regularly designed outsole.
- They come up with upper canvas material.
- They have Cup soles.
- These have a comfortably cushioned footbed.
- They have multiple sizes to offer.
- They have a bold print.
- They have a 3-months warranty against manufacturing defects.
- They are expensive, especially when compared to what they offer.
- They have an upper canvas material which doesn’t usually offer the best durability.
- They don’t have the best grip used for achieving reasonable control.
10. Adidas Originals Unisex Skate Shoes –
These are an excellent pick for brand lovers. These shoes are costly but mainly due to their brand name and their well-designed features and style. This shoe looks very stylish while skateboarding and can also be used for regular use. The outsole bears the name of the brand and even the performance of these shoes helps them live up to it as well.
- These shoes come with a mid-top styling and lace-up detail.
- They have a firm and well-cushioned footbed.
- The upper material is pure leather.
- The outsole has a unique design to it and is marked by its brand.
- They have proper Cup soles.
- The upper material is made out of pure leather and will thus give you incredible durability.
- The mid-tops come just till the end of your ankles, giving them enough breathing space.
- The mid-tops also protect your ankles.
- They have a 3-month warranty against manufacturing defects.
- They are available in a different color.
- These shoes are expensive.
- They have to be cleaned with the utmost care.
- Only a branded leather conditioner can be used for cleaning the shoes.
- They are not available in too many sizes.
11. Supra Men Skate Shoes –
These shoes come in a vibrant burgundy color. Burgundy is not a common color worn by skateboarders. However, this shoe provides a royal look and makes sure you do not suffer any accidents since it protects your ankles. Spura as a brand is not very common in the market but makes a decent competitor for the other products.
- These round-toe burgundy shoes come with central lace-ups.
- The outsole has a simple pattern with the company’s logo etched on the back.
- These have a well-cushioned footbed.
- The upper material is made out of suede leather.
- These have vulcanized outsoles.
- The suede leather upper material comes with very good durability.
- Better tricks can be performed due to its vulcanized soles.
- They come with a three months warranty period.
- They come in a moderate amount of sizes.
- They have to be cleaned with a dry or a slightly damp cloth.
- They are costly.
12. DC Men Skateboard Slip-Ons –
These are the trending shoes of the season. The slip-on has become massively famous since they can be worn on a casual day out with one’s friends and can also be put to good use while skateboarding. The DC brand is best known for delivering good products at a lower price, and this shoe offers great comfort level as well as a good grip at an affordable rate.
- These shoes come with upper canvas material.
- They also come with a thin cushioned footbed.
- These are slip-on’s and do not come with a lace-up detail.
- They have a rubber outsole and also come with patterned grooves.
- These have Cup soles.
- They have several sizes to offer.
- They have a quirky looking outsole.
- The rubber soles help in maintaining a perfect grip.
- These shoes are reasonably priced.
- The slip-on’s give your feet a different comfort level.
- These shoes only have a 30-day warranty, which is very less.
- The upper canvas material reduces its durability.
- The color starts draining if they are cleaned with a wet fabric.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How tight should sneakers be?
You should not buy shoes that are too tight to wear, expecting them to stretch to your fitness. Make sure that your heels fit comfortably inside it without slipping. While walking, the shoes should not go up and down hindering your movement.
2. Is it better to buy shoes bigger or smaller?
It is always good that you buy shoes that are half-size bigger than your normal size. If you buy smaller shoes, you will end up causing pain to your leg if you plan to wear them for a long stretch. Users should also not buy shoes too big; else it would run up and down while walking.
3. What are the benefits of shoes?
Shoes are beneficial in many ways.
- When you go without shoes for a long time, it can cause problems such as Corns, Ingrown toenails, fungal nail infections, Athlete’s foot.
- While walking, the shoes absorb the impact and prevent pain in ankles, knees, and hip joints as well.
- Going barefoot puts you under various risks such as bacterial and fungal infections. Apart from that, you would be prone to other sharp objects on the roads such as nails and broken pieces of glass.
4. Do skate shoes make a difference?
Skate shoes have flat bottoms which provides much more grip while skating and hence, would prevent you from falling or slipping from the skateboards.
5. Are skate shoes suitable for walking?
While walking, if you prefer to use skate shoes, it could create problems because these shoes are not designed to withstand continuous thumping and would cause pain to your heels.
Based on the above guide, every consumer must be able to analyze now what suits them best and accordingly pick what they want. The above guide will give you a complete insight on what to buy and what suits your needs the best. There is a shoe for all categories. We hope this proves to be helpful while you purchase your product, which provides you the immense satisfaction that comes with purchasing the right product.
Having said that, if budget is not a factor then Adidas Originals Unisex White Varial Mid J Mid-Top Skate Shoes. If there is a budget constraint, then the DC Shoes would be a good buy.