Best Selling Wifi Enabled Wireless Printers
Printing and xerography have been pivotal in all domains starting from academia to full-time office personnel, from medical specialists to financial sectors.
Printers are the de-facto required commodity these days as students build projects for their schools and colleges, office personnel maintains records. Going to a printing shop time and time again to get the job done is more of unnecessary work when you can have your own printer.
Wireless printers incorporate the wireless technology to connect your device to your printer over a wireless network and as soon as you press or select the print option on your device’s screen, the printer does its job. They’re highly portable and can add an extra edge in case you have urgent documents to print out or have some deadlines.
Top 5 Best Wireless Printers
How does a Wireless Printer work?
Wireless Printers revolve around a few technologies to work without the mesh of wires they previously were incorporated too. Some printers come with WiFi-enabled features, while some with Ethernet or USB ports available, some even have Bluetooth or Infrared capabilities. Let’s walk through the different options available:
WiFi-enabled Wireless Printers:
Arguably the easiest setup, best WiFi printers to allow the user to seamlessly set-up the printer by just connecting the printer over your home WiFi network and at the same time the device should also be connected to the same network and get anything printed.
These printers come with a DHCP port which automatically assigns the printer an IP address thus making your printer easily found on your mobile devices like cell phones or laptops or tablets.
Less regularly, some WiFi-enabled printers to come with an installation software which one needs to configure and install on their laptop by connecting the printer to it and only after then can they avail the services of the printer
Printers having Ethernet ports:
Perhaps the printer is not having WiFi access due to missing DHCP port, but to compensate the same the printer has an onboard Ethernet cable then you have nothing to worry about. Just connect your Ethernet cable from your router or broadband modem which automatically sets up your printer in the network and you can easily find the printer on the network using any mobile device and enjoy seamless printing.
Printers having USB ports:
Not as convenient as the above two but still gets the job done, a USB port enabled wireless printer has a USB port where you can connect a USB dongle to set-up the printer on the network using the NAS (Network Attached Storage) Administrator Interface or you can just plug in your flash-drives or pen-drives and print anything stored in them.
Some companies like HP, Brother, Canon, Epson have a fleet of wireless printers flaunting their under the hood Cloud enabled the software. These come with Google Cloud Print software on the deck pre-installed and all you need to do is simply connect your device with the printer with just one click in the “Add Printers” section on your Google Chrome.
Wireless Printer Buyer’s Guide
With increasing competitions in the market, new features are being added every now and then. One such feature which is gaining popularity amongst the wireless printer is the mobile-friendliness. Every time it would not be necessary that the file which needs to be printed is in the desktop device or laptop. If your phone has that file and you can connect it to the printer, it makes it easy for the work to get done.
Buying a product from a trusted brand is preferable as they offer some more features as compared to the cheap and lower-rated brand products.
Use – home or business
You have to precise about what your requirements are. If you are buying it for home use, you would be printing fewer papers as compared to buying it for business use. If the requirement for printing is more, buy a more economical printer.
Ink cartridge price
Check the ink cartridge price of that printer. The easily available and the lower-price cartridge should be economical for users.
Single- function Requirement or All-in-one Printer
The buyer needs to decide on the purpose of the printer whether it’s only job is to print documents or have additional capabilities.
Stand-alone Single-function printers are broadly used in academia where the sole requirement of the printer is to print documents.
However, there are printers with multiple functionalities, which are called as All-in-One(AIO) Printers or Multi-function Printer(MFP).
These printers come with additional characteristics like scanning, copying or faxing any document from your mobile device; some even come with an Automatic Document Feeder(ADF) for office purposes while others offer multiple printing options.
Color Printing or Gray-Scale Printing
The buyer needs to prioritize whether the printer will only be used for printing Gray-scale documents or Colored documents. Academia and students shall be requiring color-enabled printers for their projects having interactive visualizations while office-personnel does not require color printers.
It is very important to define your budget line for the printer. This includes the total cost of ownership of the printer, the cost of maintenance of the printer, the cost of printing per page and the cost of ink-refilling.
Only after you have considered all the above factors and have confirmed your budget line, go ahead and select the printer of your choice within your financial parameters.
The buyer should take a few sample print-outs or read feedback and reviews based on the speed of the printer.
Note the pace of the printer varies from job to job. It might be faster while printing out all text gray-scale documents but might be lagging way below par while printing interactive color visualizations like graphs, charts, etc.
It also depends on the quality of paper on which it is printing which may be a regular A4 or a Matte paper.
Connectivity and Real-Estate deployment
It is important to note how much space the printer shall be taken at your place. There printers available in various sizes depending on their functionality and portability. Some are compact while some bulky.
Every printer has the dimension chart on their buying websites which the buyer needs to refer to before buying a printer right away.
The buyer also needs to be assured of the type of connection the printer needs to have whether it is a WiFi enabled, a USB or Ethernet port enabled or Google Cloud-enabled printer. The same depends on the comfort of the buyer and the availability of particular services like Ethernet cable from a router or USB(s) at the disposal of the buyer.
Printing Capacity and Output Quality
The printing capacity of every printer is defined in their details section under the tag of “Monthly Duty Cycle“.
Each printer has a unique printing capacity exceeding to which the printer might malfunction or even get damaged. The buyer needs to have a predefined number of pages or documents that would be printed in a month to match the Duty-cycle capabilities of the printer.
The buyer also needs to be well versed with the output qualities of the printer and can find details of the same by printing out some samples or reading reviews online based on its quality while printing text, info-graphics, visualizations, etc.
Top 5 Best Wireless Printers
1. Canon Pixma E477 All-in-One Wireless Ink Colour Printer
Canon Pixma E477 All-in-One Wireless Colour Printer (White/Blue) is a new addition to the market in the range of wireless printers. Easily set up a connection between your phone and the printer using a free app. This app can also be used to control the ink-level status. There are many features such as Auto-on/Off which makes this product one of the preferable options.
- Canon comes with a new product which is suitable for all your needs for Printing, Scanning, and copying.
- The connectivity of this product is so strong. It could be connected through Wifi. Along with that, it has USB ports. Pixma Printing solutions and Google cloud print are also compatible with this device.
- It is compatible with Operating systems Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2.
- It is capable of printing images per minute 8 ipm (Black), four ipm (Colour).
- As per the ISO/IEC 24711 standards, the cost of printing comes out to be Rs 1.3 (Black and White) & Rs 3.5 (Colour).
- It is an ideal product for both home, and small office uses with regular usage coming around 100-300 pages per month.
- The compatible ink cartridges for this wireless printer are PG-47 (Black), CL-57 (Colour). They are easily available in the market.
- Easily set up the wireless connection between your phone and the printer with the free app. This app also allows you to monitor the ink level status.
- The Auto Switch on feature automatically switches on when the command is given, and after the printing has been done, it automatically switches off after specific timing.
- It comes along with a 1-year warranty.
- The printer is a little noisy.
- Its quality of printing is average.
2. HP DeskJet 2675 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Colour Printer
HP DeskJet 2600 is the ultimate all-in-one printer which can be set-up without any hassles and has easy printing from your smartphone feature. It removes all the complications of your daily printing tasks. It is dynamically security enabled printer.
The cartridges are only intended to be used with the original HP electronic circuitry. The whole printer comes with a Setup Cartridge, Setup Poster, and a USB cable.
It has connectivity options with Wi-Fi and also AirPrint Connectivity which allows printing from various other devices wirelessly. It also has a high-speed USB 2.0. Its all-in-one feature allows it to be used as a multi-functional device for both homes as well as office work.
The display is an Icon LCD display. Its printing supplies include the colors – Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow. HP DeskJet is certified by ENERGY STAR.
- Easily print from a variety of smartphones and tablets.
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Has USB and wireless interface.
- Weighs 3.42 kg.
- Dimensions (W X D X H ) – 425 x 304 x 149 mm
- Supports Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Uses HP Thermal Inkjet Printing Technology.
- Automatic paper sensor.
- Comes with integrated memory.
- Processor speed 360MHz
- Print, copy and scan while saving money and space
- Easily connect your smartphone, tablet, or laptop and print from anywhere in your home.
- Easy setup for fast printing.
- Easily manage printing tasks and scan on the go with the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app.
- It can print up to 7.5 ppm (black) and 5.5 ppm (color).
- The duty cycle of this printer is up to 1000 A4 pages.
- Does not support camera phone.
3. HP DeskJet 2622 All-in-One Wireless Printer
HP is known as the most versatile and trusted brands in the ranges of computers and accessories. HP DeskJet 2622 All-in-One Wireless Colour Inkjet Printer (White) is a new addition to the market, and it comes with a lot of features. The printing is economical, and this printer is an all-in-one solution for printing, scanning, and copying as well. Since it is compatible with various operating systems, it is a versatile wireless printer. Enjoy wireless printing from anywhere.
- The HP wireless printer is compatible with smartphone, tablets, and laptops, making it very versatile. It is an all-in-one solution for scanning, copying, and printing.
- It is compatible with various operating systems such as Android™, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Google Chrome.
- It is supported by HP Smart App, which helps it to get connected with your smartphones and tablets.
- The page size supported by this product is A4, B5, A6, DL envelope, and it offers a print resolution up to 1200 x 1200 rendered DPI.
- It can print about 5.5 pages per minute, and each page costs Rs. 4.8 (Black & White) & Rs. 6.6 (Colour) as per the ISO standards.
- The printer allows multiple devices to be connected to it, and even if you do not have a wireless network, you can use a USB port to connect.
- It is very easy to set up a connection between your smartphone and the printer. The all-in-one HP Smart App helps you to control your printer using your mobile phones.
- The compact and all-in-one design allow you to place it wherever you want. Choose the perfect color which matches your home interiors.
- It is simple to control the printer. It comes along with an LCD screen with minimum buttons to make the operation easy.
- It has an output tray attached to it which can hold up to 25 sheets. When not in use, just fold the tray to manage space.
- The ink-cartridges are economical.
- Ink cartridges that go along are expensive but they do last long.
4. Dell H625cdw Wireless Color Printer
This printer is a good choice as a medium to a heavy-duty color multifunction printer for a smaller micro office.
It has the letter size flatbed scanner plus a 50 sheet automatic document feeder that supports single pass two-sided scanning.
Its connectivity choices include Ethernet USB and Wi-Fi plus Wi-Fi direct and NFC.
It includes both PCL and postscript drivers. It can copy, scan and print documents. It lets you connect to the cloud. It can print up to 2500 pages in a month approximately.
It has been awarded the Editor’s Choice Award and declared as one of the best printers in 2017 by PCMag.
- Versatile with direct cloud connectivity.
- Simple features to increase productivity.
- Convenient Print and Scan directly to Dropbox and other popular cloud services.
- Print, fax, scan, copy and also connect to popular cloud services with the Dell Document Hub.
- Comes with one-year warranty (extendable).
- Weighs 31.7 kg.
- Dimensions – 42.9 cm x 50.35 cm x 50 cm
- Supports HP PCL, Adobe PostScript PDL.
- Touchscreen – 4.3-inch color.
- Includes Near-Field Communication (NFC) feature.
- Get fast print speeds of up to 25 ppm.
- Has a good selection of mobile printing features.
- Effortless scanning.
- Comes with an intelligent scanner.
- This printer also supports AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Mopria.
- Save energy with this efficient printer.
- Automatic Duplexing.
- Easy mobile connectivity.
- Single-pass 50 Sheets Automatic Document Feeder. (ADF)
- Supports Wi-Fi (for wireless connectivity), Ethernet, and direct-connecting to a single computer via USB.
- Single-pass Scanner.
- Allows you to connect and interface with cloud sites that including Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, OneDrive, Salesforce and SharePoint Online 2013.
- Heavy and Large.
- High cost per page, especially for color.
- Photo prints have inferior print quality.
5. Canon Pixma TS5070 All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
It is an all-in-one compact printer. It has got a large 10.8 touchscreen, two paper trays, a memory card slot and it supports duplex printing. The memory card slot lets you print directly from the printer. The printer uses a six-ink system.
The printer has two paper feeders and a cassette at the bottom, for plain paper and a rear tray intended for photo paper. Both the trays can hold up to 100 sheets of plain paper and the rear tray can hold up to 20 sheets of six by four-inch photo paper. The photo print quality is really good. The CANON Pixma Cloud Link gives you access to Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive and more.
- Easy to setup and use.
- Strong mobile connectivity.
- Prints on CDs and DVDs.
- Consists of six individual Ink Tank System with especially gray ink for true black & white photos.
- Comes with PIXMA touch and print by easily downloading the CANON app on your device.
- Dimensions (W X D X H) – 14.7cm x 12.8cm x 5.5cm
- Weighs 14.3 lbs
- Save 50% of paper usage with the automatic two-sided printing feature.
- Rear tray capacity is 100 pages, and 20 pages of photo-paper.
- Includes Disc Label copy.
- Touchscreen – 4.3? Touch LCD
- Auto-scan mode.
- HI-Speed USB.
- Includes one-year limited warranty.
- Great photo and text quality.
- Fast printing.
- Compact as well as light-weight.
- Prints on optical discs such as CDs and DVDs.
- Includes a slot for SD card.
- Enables Wireless PictBridge support.
- Automatic two-sided printer.
- Document removal reminder.
- Doesn’t have the automatic document feeder.
- No fax compatibility.
- Lacks Ethernet.
- Has a small output tray.
- High costs per page.
- Does not have a large touch-screen for easy navigation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What printers work best with Chromebook?
Canon TS9120 Wireless Printer works best with Chromebook.
2. What is the best printer with the cheapest ink cartridges?
Canon PIXMA MX922 is one of the most popular printers available in the market which comes with a wide range of features, and a cheap ink cartridge is one of them.
3. Do wireless printers use WiFi or Bluetooth?
Wireless printers mostly use Wifi networks to run and connect with other devices. It must be within 100 meters of range, though the range can be extended using repeaters. There are also printers which use Bluetooth connection for printing purpose and connecting with devices such as laptops.
4. What is the advantage of a wireless printer?
Wireless printers offer many advantages, such as:
- The most important as the name suggests, you need not have to worry about any wires to connect it with the device for printing. This makes you hazle-free from all those tangled wires.
- It manages the space as you can place it wherever you want.
- It makes sure that you can print using any handheld devices such as tablets and mobile phones.
In conclusion, it is highly advisable to buy a wireless printer as per your needs. If you need one which is blazing fast, reliable and has an Automatic Document Feeder, and you are comfortable with spilling some cash for the same then go for Canon Printer which assures unmatched quality and the hallmark of a trusted brand.
If you want something more compact and reliable and has a great user interface with an easy support but doesn’t provide a huge array of functionalities but can copy, scan or print then go for HP 2675 and I bet you won’t be disappointed. All the above printers are great ones and are marked as editor’s choice and are from reliable and trusted brands.
But one shall always keep in mind to maintain the commodity, work the printer under its Duty cycle limit and hence never miss out on some quality prints right away from your home without having the hassle to visit printing shops regularly for printing your subtle documents right before the deadline. I hope this article was informative and had all the required information for you to choose the right and best Wireless Printer available in the Indian Market for your day to day use.