Best Safety Shoes
The three basic needs of human beings are food, clothing, and shelter. Even the dis-balance of any one of them can create problems for us. So, it is very important that we look after our body by fulfilling these desires. Out of these three, clothing plays a major role in the successful protection of our body. A body that is fit and fine would be the only one which would be able to perform the physical activities. Out of all the various types of clothes, shoes also play a major part in the protection of our body, to be specific, your foot. You get running shoes, gym shoes casual sandals but what to wear when you are doing heavy work. Fo that safety boots are there and they provide the utmost safety and comfort as they keep your feet safe.
The demand for safety shoes and other work gears have grown in the recent past decade so much because of the advancement in trade and business. Safety shoe price depends on the brands but the majority of them are affordable. Industries have been set up, machinery has been fit in industries to ease the workflow of workers making the work efficient and convenient for them. Along with it, the risks for workers have also increased due to developed machines and tools that can be dangerous for them as well. There is a shift in the companies increasing the safety measures of their workmen instead of just focussing on the profits and so the demands for these gears have increased.
This article will provide you with information like the idea behind the safety shoe, its benefits, types available and which type to go for?. Lastly, we have also mentioned a comprehensive buyers guide and our Top 10 recommended products.
Top 9 Safety Shoes
Extra Lightweight & Flexible
For rough and tough use
Endurance to High weight impacts
Steel Toe Cap
The idea behind the use of Safety Shoes.
Many of us may be wondering as if, are safety shoes really necessary for workers and people who are around sites and factories. Well, consider a building site and workers performing jobs there. There must be bricks, heavy timber, concrete, and nails etc. around them. If a worker is wearing average shoes or a normal one and what if suddenly chances that a nail pierces into his feet because of the poor quality of soles used under the shoes. But, if he was wearing a safety shoe, the thicker sole of these shoes would have prevented sharp objects piercing through it.
Consider another example, a worker is working in an industry which involves alot of use of water or any other slippery liquid. He may come across a case where he is working and suddenly, he got slipped and injured as the shoes which he was wearing were not anti-slippery shoes. Most of the shoes prevent the users from slipping off which reduces the chances of getting injured. This could also be helpful if you are carrying a heavy load and suddenly it falls on your legs, it injured your toes. Safety shoes come up with materials that make the toe part stronger which reduces the risk of carrying the objects. One can easily find the best safety boots online. So, considering all these facts, we find that, the use of safety shoes are an important part of the profession in industrial aspects.
Benefits of Using Safety Shoes.
Protects from falling or flying objects
When workers carry heavy goods and materials, there must be some sudden chances of it falling down or getting dropped suddenly. Even in a dynamic environment where many people are working or many vehicles operating at once, falling and flying objects are a common hazard. Safety shoes prevent the risk from these cases.
Prevents Slips, Trips, and falls:
Slipping and tripping off from a wet or slippery floor is a lot common in many companies and factories. This may often result in accidents. Nowadays, many of the companies are taking active measure in deploying anti-slip tape on the floor which prevents such cases. Safety shoes come along anti-slip measures which prevent falling off on the floor and getting damaged.
When workers are given a job and they do it all day long by just standing the whole day, muscles in the feet, as well as legs, get tired and weakened. This may result in fatigue problem to most of them. Safety shoes come along a perfect cushion and arch support which provides comfort to the workers even when they are standing the whole day.
Burns can happen to people working in a fire workplace. People working even with chemicals or even cement can experience burns in their bodies. Footwears are made of durable materials that prevent burns from chemical splashes caused suddenly at your workplace.
Prevents from Extreme Weather
Frostbites and hypothermia are two of the dangers which can be caused due to extreme cold weather. People who work outside in cold places or those who work in a refrigerated environment cannot overlook the use of safety shoes and benefits they offer.
Prevents from punctures
The sole fitted underneath a normal shoe is not thick enough to stop a sharp object from piercing through it. So, it is very important to be a wearing a foot gear which has a thick sole which prevents sharp objects such as nails from hurting your feet.
Safeguard to cutting hazards
Imagine if a worker is working in a factory which involves the use of a chainsaw. If accidentally your feet come in contact with it, the result would be catastrophic. So, it is very important for workers to be wearing a safety shoe while working.
Prevents from Electrical Hazards
From our very childhood, we have been taught that we must not be barefoot while switching on or operating an electrical device. Same is the case with safety shoes. The amount of electricity supply that the factories and companies work with, would be enough for causing high damage to a person if he comes in contact with it.
Which type of Safety shoe to choose?
- Any industrial site which involves the use of objects such as nails and other sharp objects, you need to choose footwear that has sole puncture protection with Grade 1 protective toe which saves your sole from getting pierced by these sharp objects.
- Light industrial sites involve the footwear which is made up of sole puncture protection with Grade 2 protective toes which saves your feet from nails and some heavy objects.
- Most of the industries involve the use of high voltage electricity. Soles that provide electric shock resistance are very useful in this case.
- Any industrial site which does not require protection from sharp and heavy objects does not involve the use of footwear which has a protective sole.
Types of Safety Shoes.
These are safety shoes that are specially designed in such a way that it has a special covering around the toe which is supported by a stronger material that keeps the toes away from hazardous accidents and mishaps. Foot accidents happen suddenly that needs special care especially when you are working in a factory/industry where heavy objects are handled daily.
Steel Insole Shoes.
These shoes are intended to be worn by those who demand a good use of their feet constantly such as peddling a cycle, driving bikes or heavy trucks. These activities cause pain in the legs and joints. Wearing shoes which are specially designed to prevent these pains helps you a lot. These shoes prevent your foot from moving and shifting too much and causing problems. These are one of the most comfortable shoes to wear.
Metal Instep Shoes.
These shoes are designed to protect your foot completely from all objects around you which may harm you such as pointed objects, nails, glass pieces etc. They are specially designed to protect and safeguard from all mishaps and accidents that happen to the users. People who work in factories which involve the use of the machinery of sharp objects such as nails or glass must opt to wear these.
These shoes are designed mainly for the protection of the upper part of your foot and bones. Those people working in factories which involve the use of heavy objects and machines and have the risks of falling and crushing feet which are also known as “Drop hazards”. These are usually worn in construction sites and factories where lifting of heavy objects is a common thing.
Electric hazard shoes.
Electrical hazard is a very common accident that happens in big industries which involve the use of high voltage supply. This can cause very heavy damage to a person and can cause even deaths. Electrocution has now become a common accident happening in industries and factories. So to overcome this problem, these shoes are specially designed in such a way that the effect of electrical shock is reduced. It is made up of a very thick sole which does not cause electricity to come in contact with your bare foot.
For long working hours and to provide safety to heel and ankle, gumboots are very much required. The demand for this type of safety shoe is increasing very much in construction sites. The flexible shoes provide comfort to your legs if you plan to use it for a long hour. The hard sole safety shoes are one of the best options out of all these shoes. The problem arising with this shoe is that it cannot resist the impact of a very heavy object. If you are working in a company which involves the use of a heavy object, then this shoe is not a very good option.
Buyers Guide For Safety Shoes
There are a lot of things which needs to be taken care of before buying safety shoes. Nowadays, there are a wide variety of these shoes available in the market and it becomes necessary to choose the best one from them.
Properties of Safety Shoes
There are a number of properties that safety shoes come with and having the maximum number of these properties, makes it the best one to choose from. Penetration Resistance, Electrically Insulated, Antistatic, Conductive, Water Resistant, Chemical Resistance, Heat Insulated, Ankle Protection, Antiskid, Cut Resistance & Outsole Resistance to hot contact are some of the properties of safety shoes.
Choose the right shoes according to your application
Safety shoes are not restricted to some particular industry or applications. For building sites, there are shoes which are resistant to skid while doing the work related to concrete and cement, or penetration resistant so that sharp objects such as nails do not pierce through your shoes and hurt you. Likewise, there are a number of shoes available according to your application. Choose wisely!
Choose the correct sole
Soles play an important role in determining the quality of a good shoe. There are different types of soles available out of which, some are, PU SOLE which has an excellent safety feature, lightweight, comfortable; PU DOUBLE DENSITY– which has enhanced safety and comfort; PU SINGLE DENSITY– It is only for average safety and comfort; PVC SOLE– has good safety features, heavy, low on comfort; RUBBER SOLE– useful for high temperature operations.
Choose the correct toe for Safety Shoe
The average load that a safety shoe can bear is around 200J. There are shoes based on the type of material used for the toe caps. Steel: The toe Caps is made up of High Carbon Alloy Steel which provides safety against falling objects and crushing under moving objects. Composite: The toe Caps is made up of Thermoplastic polymeric or non-metallic toe cap for safety against falling objects and crushing under moving objects. Fiber Toe Caps: These toe caps are non-metallic and made up of lightweight fiber having no impact resistance.
The weight of the safety shoe
If the PU sole is heavier, then the risk against damages and fractures is very less. The comfort of the safety of shoes is not dependent upon the weight at all. Weight also depends on safety boots price, which is it might cost less if the price is more on the affordable side. The weight of the shoes can be reduced by compromising on its safety as well as comfort. A 25 cm thick foam is far more comfortable than 5cm thick sole.
1. Karam FS-05 Safety Shoes, Size 8 – Anti-abrasion
Often we hear complaints from the users that the material by which the shoes are made tears off or gets scrapped away. This happens in most of the cases and is not a good sign while considering the quality. Karam Safety Shoes comes with a feature of anti-abrasion which means that it does not scrap off or wear away. Even after long use, your shoes do not become useless and needs to be thrown away. There are many features which come along with this product.
- The soles of this shoe are made up of Single Density PU sole which is very comfortable to wear and does not wear off very easily. Even after long use, your legs would not feel any pain.
- Karam safety shoes are made up of high-quality fine grain leather. Provides quality and maintainability.
- The lining of this shoe is made up of cambrella lining which makes the look of the shoes good.
- The material of this shoe is anti-abrasion which means that the material does not wear or scrape off from the shoe which ruins the overall look of your shoes and there is no option other than throwing it away.
- This product is designed in such a way that it is anti-fatigue. Even though you wear them for hours, you would not feel tired.
- The shoe comes along with a lot of features such as anti-static. If the industry or the company in which you are working involves the use of high-voltage supply and current, there is a risk of you getting electric shocks which can prove to be deadly. While the anti-static feature saves you from this.
- They also come along with anti-slip and anti-slime features. You may not fear about tripping or falling off while you are at work.
- Not recommended in on a construction site since it is not nail or any sharp object proof.
2. Hillson Century Safety Gumboots, Black, UK Size 9 – Extra Lightweight & Flexible
Most of the construction demands the use of gumboots because the work includes the use of cement and concrete which ruins your clothing and legs as well. Hillson Century Safety Gumboots are gumboots designed for the safety and comfortability of customers at construction sites and work areas. Along with that, these shoes are also abrasion resistant which means that the material with which it is made does not scrape off or tear apart from the shoes making it durable and long lasting.
- These shoes are flexible and lightweight design for use in construction sites and work area. Being lightly weighted, they are easy to be worn and carried along without causing stress and pain to your legs.
- The inner lining of this shoe is made up of fabric. They provide comfort while wearing it.
- The sole of this shoe is made up of PU Dual Density. These have harder sole providing comfort and ease in work and also it has a soft upper side.
- These shoes are anti-slip shoes and also resistant to chemicals and acids.
- The shoes are abrasion resistant which means that the material with which it is made up of, does not tear off or scrape away from the shoes increasing the durability and makes it last longer.
- The product is extra lightweight which means that it can be worn and carried along easily without much pain and stress.
- They do not come along any steel toe or hard material. Being flexible, they cannot be used for industries which involve the use of heavy objects.
3. Aktion Safety R704_6 Safety Shoes Steel Toe, Size 6 – Steel Toecaps
The high sweat absorbing shoes does not produce stench and foul smell even if the shoes are used for a longer time in office and work. Aktion Safety Shoes Steel Toe, become very good for users the looks of these shoes are elegant and good looking which makes the shoes a preferable option for you.
- The soles of these shoes are made up of PVC sole which provides a little protection from punctures and sharp objects.
- The safety shoes are very comfortable to be worn.
- These are a perfect fit, stylish and strong enough to be one of the best options for users to choose.
- The shoes can resist the weight of about 200J because of the steel toe caps by which the shoes are made up of.
- If you are working in an industry which involves the use of chemicals and acids which can be dangerous for your skin, this shoe protects your legs from it.
- It provides a good grip with the floor and is also oil resistance.
- It is not anti-abrasion which means that the material gets scraped off and tears from the shoes.
4. Safety Shoes with Steel toe for Men (11) – Anti-static
Along with the protection of your feet from heavy objects and getting slipped through any of the wet areas in the ground at your work site, it is also very important to be safe from electricity. Electrocution can prove to be dangerous and risky because it may also cause death. Wild Bull Safety Shoes with Steel toe for Men comes with a unique feature of anti-static which allows it to prevent your feet from damages through electricity at the work area.
- Wild Bull meets all Global quality standards and provides one of the best safety shoes in the market. User requirements are fulfilled by the manufacturers of this company.
- The product is designed in such a way that it has an Orange lining around its curve. Providing the user an elegant look to for their feet.
- It is made up of PU Single Sole density which provides the users with optimum safety and comfort.
- The toe of this safety shoe is made up of steel caps which can withstand a weight of 200j.
- The product comes up with an Anti-static feature which prevents direct contact with electricity.
- The shoes are oil resistant which means that the frequency of users getting slipped while at work reduces due to wearing of these safety shoes.
- These shoes are very easy to be cleaned.
- Users have a complaint that sizing is bit off and they fit bigger than they should have.
5. MANSLAM Leather Steel Toe Safety Shoes (MLM20, 8, Black) – For rough and tough use
There are very few safety boots available in the market which provides safety to your shoes by being strong and at the same time look formal and elegant. Most of the companies need their workers to be dressed up in formal clothes. But wearing formals arises a problem that you cannot be sure of being safe from heavy objects, electricity and so on. MANSLAM Leather Steel Toe Safety Shoes provides both of these features. Manslam products are highly acknowledged for their quality products and services.
- Manslam products are acknowledged for its high-quality products and services. These leather made shoes are designed for rough and tough uses.
- The soles of this shoe are made up of Air Mix sole quality providing comfort and safety together to the users while they are at work.
- It is designed along with a safety steel toe cap which can resist the weight of almost 200J.
- The design of this shoe provides a good look to your legs as they are formal in the looks.
- These shoes can be used for multi-purposes. It is made in such a way that it can be used both for formals as well as casual wear.
- Even though you end up using it for a very long hour in a day and keep on using it, it may not ruin them as the leather by which it is made is very durable.
- The bottom of the shoes is very soft while wearing.
6. Timberwood Steel Toe Safety Shoe For Men (TW28BRN) – Endurance to High weight impacts
Sometimes it seems very difficult for us to bend down and tie the shoelaces of your shoes. Timberwood Steel Toe Safety Shoe For Men serves the purpose of it. Timberwood shoes are technically designed to endure high weight impacts and reduce them, absorb electric shocks and resist high temperatures. Apart from these, there are many features and specifications of this safety shoes.
- The safety shoe is designed in such a way that the lining of the shoes are made up of moisture wicking and fabric lining.
- The soles of these shoes are made up of Single Density PU sole which is made up of rubber. Due to this, they are lightweight and comfortable to your feet. If you are planning to wear it for a whole days’ work, it would not pain your legs.
- The design of this safety shoes is elegant in its look which adds beauty to your clothing and outfits. Because of this design, they make it look casual as well as formal.
- Has steel toe to product the feet from heavy stuff.
- The sole of the shoes gives a good height as the width of the shoes are of 1 inch.
- The fabric of the shoes is made up of breathable fabric which allows air circulation and does not let any odor build up.
- In big industries, high voltage electricity is supplied which can create a danger of electrocution and electric shocks. The shoes are good enough to bear electric shocks and are even resistant to high temperatures.
- No such cons were mentioned about the product.
7. ACME Men’s Camel Cruiser Leather Safety Shoes (43) – Water repellent
It is very important to take care of your foot while you are at work. It may happen accidentally, and you may hurt your feet which may cause damage. ACME Men’s Camel Cruiser Leather Safety boot comes with a lot of special features which enhances the comfort and durability of your legs while you are at work. The CE and ISI certified shoes provide one of the best protection to your feet from heavy and sharp objects which becomes a reason for injury.There are a lot of features in this shoe which makes it one of the best safety shoe.
- The sole of this shoe is made up of PU Single Density which enhances the durability of these shoes. It makes sure that your feet are safe from all dangers while you are at work.
- The impact resistance of these shoes is 200J which is more than enough to resist a heavy object. This is because the toes are made up of steel toes which adds power to these shoes which resist heavy objects.
- It is designed in such a way that it is rounded in front. The benefit of this feature is that it does not cause any pain to your legs even after wearing it for a longer period of time.
- The shoe is water repellent making it durable in wet conditions
- It is made up of finest quality Camel color which adds the look to the shoes. The no buck grain leather is also one of the finest quality leather which adds durability to your shoes even after long use.
- The shoe is also rust-proof, so you dont have to worry about the shoe getting ruined even if you are not wearing it.
- The shoe is little heavy and costly as compared to other shoes.
8. Kavacha Steel Toe Safety Shoe, S29 – Elegant Design
Most shoes do not cover your full leg including the ankle keeping it open for any injury, but, Kavacha Steel Toe Safety Shoe protects most of the part of your legs and makes it safer to wear. They are designed as lace-up shoes which are actually bigger in size than the normal ones. The elegant looks of this make it more preferable to be worn by the user as it provides protection as well as adds beauty to your clothing and accessories.
- The shoe is made up of Air Mix sole quality which makes the shoes safer and adds more comfort while wearing it.
- The unique design of this shoe is preferable as it is not found usually in the market. Apart from making your foot safer from dangers, this also adds beauty and elegance to your clothing and accessories.
- Offers breathable fabric and proper ventilation.
- The shoes are equipped with a steel toe cap providing utmost safety.
- These shoes are light-weighted, they are comfortable to be worn for long hours.
- These products are durable which allows it to be used for a longer time without getting damaged and buying another pair of shoes.
- Since they are light-weighted, there must be no surety that how much weight can it resist.
9. JK Port Mens New Safety Shoes – Steel Toe Cap
If you wish to buy leather safety shoes which are reasonable and comfortable at the same time, JK Port Mens New Safety Shoes with Steel Toe are one of the best options for you. Being designed in such a way that it can serve both as a formal as well as casual shoe, it is a perfect option for you. These leather safety shoes are multi-purpose shoes which can be used for office, work, and outdoor areas. A single product which fits in all these occasions is a boon for the customers.
- The upper material of this shoe is made up of Genuine leather. As this material is durable, it lasts for a long time.
- The sole of this shoe is made up of PVC injection mold sole which is anti-slippery.
- It is an all-purpose designed shoe which can be used in occasions such as in work area or even outside. Serves as a multipurpose product to its user.
- The closure of these shoes is lace up and is elegant.
- The shoes are designed to give you a perfect grip while you are working and walking. The grips of these shoes are well enough to serve this purpose.
- The material used in this shoe is of great quality making it last longer.
- The inner lining of this shoe is made up of fabrics which are designed as anti-sweat. Even after long use of this shoes, it does not smell and create a foul smell.
- Does not offer steel toe.
Now that we all know how useful the safety shoes are during work to prevent fro sudden dangers risks and accidents its time to select the one that suits us the best. By looking at all the features and specifications of all the products, we suggest that the best choice would be Hillson Beston Safety Shoe (Anti-skid and anti-acidic). The design of the shoes are elegant in its look and the fabrication used in the shoes makes it look good. Along with providing safety to your legs, these shoes also add beauty to your outfits and clothing. The budget is also very less as compared to all other products.
Another product which we recommend for our users is Hillson Century Safety Gumboots, Black, UK Size 9 (Extra Lightweight & Flexible) which are gumboots and used mostly in construction and building sites. They are abrasion resistant which means that the fabric of this shoe does not wear off or get damaged. The durability of this product increases because of it. The extra light-weight feature allows it to be carried anywhere along with you and also does not cause pain to your legs.