Best Refrigerators Under 25000
The refrigerator is one such home appliance that can be seen in every house. Also, with the change in lifestyle and more buying options, the fridge became a necessary appliance.
Though it became a common household item, yet many get confused to choose the right fridge as per the family needs. Also, very few do research and buy the fridge that fits their budget. If you are the one who is looking for the fridge in a limited budget, then I suggest you continue reading this article.
With new technologies and new features, you can stop worrying about electricity bills. Plenty of fridges under limited budgets are energy efficient, and thus they consume less power.
Many brands are also providing with frost-free technology instead of direct cool technology. To make you more clear here, we mentioned about different types of refrigerators under Rs. 25000.
Also, we included pros, cons of a single door and double door fridge. In this article, we mentioned some features to expect in the fridge that is under 25000 with a comparison of refrigerators under 25000 and above 25000.
10 Best Refrigerators Under 25000
Pros and Cons of Single Door Fridge
- They are the most energy-efficient fridges and consume less power
- Single door fridges occupy less space when compared to a double door fridge
- Most of the single door fridges work on direct cooling
- The capacity of the single door fridge is less, and hence you can store only a little stuff
- Single door fridge is economical when compared to other fridge types
- It can not be used by a family whose size is 4 or 5
- Also, it comes with a smaller freezer compartment
- Moreover, to pick an item from the freezer compartment, you need to open the main door of the fridge and also the compartment door. In this process, the whole fridge temperature changes
Pros and Cons of Double Door Fridge
- Double door fridges are ideal for large families
- The storage capacity of the fridge is more, and you can store more stuff when compared to single door fridge
- Two different compartments for the freezer as well as the storage compartment
- Every double door fridge is frost free, and you do not need extra work to clean the build-up ice. Ice gets cleaned automatically
- Also, these fridges come with bigger shelves and mainly tough glass shelves instead of wire shelves
- Double door fridges are expensive to single door fridges
- They are not efficient when compared to a single door fridge
- Because of the capacity and size more power is consumed
Features You Can Expect in Refrigerators Under 25000
Defrost is a technique of removing the built-up ice from the fridge by melting. We have fridges with manual defrost option and fridges with auto-defrost option.
In auto-defrost, your refrigerator will take the responsibility of melting the built-up ice in the freezer compartment. Auto-defrost is performed regularly in the fridge whenever necessary.
The Inverter Compressor
The Inverter compressor is totally different from the normal compressor used in refrigerators. The normal compressor works with only one speed. Hence, when the fridge door is open shut and when the outside temperature is high, the compressor run with the same speed.
While with an inverter compressor the speed of the compressor varies. It runs at a different speed in different situations based on the heat in the fridge. When the outside temperature is cool, the compressor works less. S
imilarly, when the temperature inside the fridge and the outside temperature is more, the compressor runs more. Hence, in this way with an inverter compressor, electricity savings will be more than a normal compressor fridge.
A convertible fridge provides you with extra storage space. When you have a lot of foodstuffs to be stored and left with no space to store at that time, you can convert the freezer compartment into a storage compartment and back to the freezer compartment.
It is not mandatory that you will be using the freezer compartment all the time. Hence, many branded companies provide this option with regular double door fridge.
Base stand with drawer
You can expect this feature in a few fridges that are priced under 25000. A base stand with drawer acts as a stand to your fridge and also, provide space to store veggies like onions, potatoes that are not placed inside the fridge. A fridge with this feature is like providing additional storage space apart from the storage compartment.
Comparison of Refrigerators Under 25000 and Above 25000
A basic refrigerator can always be obtained under Rs.25000, yet they will not have many features. However, if you are looking for more features, then any fridge that is priced above 25000 will have good features.
You can expect your fridge to have either manual defrost or frost-free. Under this budget, you can have many fridges with a manual defrost system. A basic locking feature is provided.
Also, very few fridges have a double door with separate freezer compartment. While you will have plenty of fridge with single door facility. Also, you can expect a base stand drawer facility, inverter compressor, and convertible feature.
While the fridge in this budget comes with packed features. You can expect smart connect feature that helps to adjust the fridge temperature using the app. Never expect your fridge with this budget to have a manual defrost system.
Water and ice dispenser is some exciting feature that can be seen in this category that helps to have chilled water or ice cubes without even opening the fridge.
Also, knock and see is one interesting feature that helps to view the items before opening the door. You can also expect multiple doors or side-by-side door facility.
LED panel is one feature that helps to control the temperature settings from the outside itself. However, the more features included that more complications included. Also, if you want a fridge that produces low electricity bills, then it is best to buy an energy-efficient fridge.
Types of Refrigerators Under 25000
We know that your refrigerator may be either direct cool refrigerators or frost-free refrigerators. A direct cool refrigerator is a basic refrigerator, and they do not have fans for cooling the compartment.
Also, in this type of fridge, one part may be cooler than others. Yet they are energy efficient and available at affordable price. A direct cool refrigerator needs manual defrosting.
A frost-free fridge comes with fans for cooling and circulating air inside the fridge. They do not allow ice accumulation outside the freezer compartment. Also, the frost-free fridge comes with auto-defrost technology.
Yet frost-free refrigerators are less energy-efficient than direct cool refrigerators. However, a frost-free refrigerator can store the foodstuff for a longer time.
A single door fridge includes a freezer compartment and storage space for all other stuff in one single compartment. They are available at a cheaper price than double door fridge. Also, they occupy less space.
A double door fridge comes with two compartments, one for the freezer and other for the storage compartment. We have two types of double door fridges one is a top freezer fridge, and the other is bottom freezer fridge.
Top freezer refrigerator is the traditional fridge seen for many years. It has a top freezer compartment and storage compartment for storing vegetables and other stuff.
A bottom freezer fridge comes with two separate compartments. The freezer compartment is at the bottom of the fridge while the storage compartment is at the top. The most bottom freezer compartments have a drawer to open the freezer and a door to open the storage compartment.
A mini-fridge is a refrigerator that has the capacity of less than a single door refrigerator. Most of the mini-fridges do not have a freezer compartment. Also, they occupy less space and can fit in any room. Many people prefer this fridge in bedrooms or TV rooms.
They consume less power. Moreover, they are portable and easy to use. However, mini-fridges do not provide great features and can be used for basic need.
Usually, refrigerators under 25000 do not come with huge capacity, and the capacity of the fridge may be from 160 L to 300 L. Depending upon the size of the family opt the fridge that matches your requirement.
For example, a family with two persons can opt for the fridge that has the capacity of 180 L to 220 L provided they need to store the vegetables for a week. However, for a family that has more than four persons must opt for the fridge that has the capacity of more than 300 L.
Apart from storing veggies if you need to store meat items, then opt for a double door fridge. However, a double door fridge has more storage capacity than a single door. Also, a larger storage capacity fridge will occupy more space than a smaller capacity fridge.
The refrigerator you chose must have a warranty for the product as well as for compressor. However, every company provides different warranty terms. Few brands provide one year warranty for product and 5-year warranty for the compressor. While a few brands provide one year warranty for product and 10-year warranty for the compressor.
Traditional fridge shelves are made from metal while the modern shelves are made from toughened glass. Toughened glass shelves are durable and resist to heavy-weight.
Irrespective, of material it is made from, your shelves need to have the option of adjustment. They must be easily removed from the fridge and placed in another slot to adjust as per the stuff you are storing.
Lighting is one important factor to consider as with dim lights or improper lights you can not see the stuff properly. Also, if the light inside is dim, you can not reach out to your food properly, and any item stored in the back will be unseen and get damaged. A bright light in the fridge increases visibility.
Each and every fridge comes with a temperature adjusting controller. When the fridge is loaded, it needs to be adjusted to cool temperature. Ensure that you adjust the temperature in such a way that your edibles won’t get spoiled.
You can not expect great exciting features when your budget is limited. However, you can expect a fridge with an auto-defrost option or base stand with a drawer or with an inverter compressor or convertible. Also, your fridge may have toughened glass shelves instead of wire shelves that cannot resist heavyweight.
Top 10 Refrigerator Under 25000
1. Whirlpool 240 L Frost Free Multi-Door Refrigerator
If you are looking for a good refrigerator with a good budget and ample features with it, Whirlpool 240 L Frost Free Multi-Door Refrigerator(FP 263D Protton Roy, Caviar Black) would be a preferable option for users.
It is powered by the 6th sense of active fresh technology and microblock technology. The 32L storage compartment allows you to store a lot of fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator. Let us have a look at the features of the product.
- The product is equipped with a Moisture retention Technology which makes sure that the cold air flowing will retain the moisture and freshness of the food items.
- It is one of the most energy-efficient refrigerators as it consumes energy much lesser than a CFL.
- Zeolite Technology prevents the excessive ripening of fruits and vegetables keeping their life longer.
- The Air Booster controls the cold air so that each of the compartments receives uniform cooling which it requires.
- Micro block Technology prevents 99%* bacterial growth, keeping fruits and vegetables fresh for long. With 6TH SENSE® ActiveFresh Technology and Zeolite Technology it prevents the excessive ripening of fruits and vegetables.
- It has separate storage space for storing fruits and vegetables so that it would not cause odor mixing.
- It has a Deli zone with a customizable temperature knob. It helps you for storing delicacies like cheese, berries, chocolates, and other dairy products.
- It comes along with an Ice-cube maker which also allows you to store multiple ice cubes with an easy twisting action.
- Along with that, it prevents odor mixing of different food items and better retention of cooling inside the refrigerator.
- No negative points were found.
2. Lg 215 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – Our Pick
The South Korean multinational company, LG Electronics, was founded in 1958. The company has four business units home entertainment, mobile communications, home appliances, and air solutions, vehicle components. Mobiles, monitors, washing machines, microwave ovens etc. are their products.
LG single door refrigerator has the capacity of 215 L, and it is provided with additional storage in the form of base stand drawer. It uses a smart Inverter compressor technology, and hence the fridge works even during power cuts. It has a beautiful floral print, and the fridge is energy efficient. It has a rating of 4. Also, you can lock the fridge with a key.
- The fridge has a smart Inverter compressor technology
- Also, the fridge does not need any stabilizer
- The fridge provides you with extra storage with base stand drawer
- To keep the foodstuff fresh for a longer time, your fridge comes with an anti-bacterial gasket
- Adjustable toughened glass shelves are provided that can resist the weight up to 175 kg
- Quick cooling also the fridge is capable of making ice quicker
- Functions Noiseless for better sleep at night.
- It comes with one year warranty and a 10-year warranty on compressor
- Ideal only for a medium-sized family
3. Samsung 192 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – Grande Door
Samsung has a wide range of products, include smartphones, tablets, smart TV, UHD TV, washing machine, air conditioner, refrigerator. Though the company was founded in 1938, it entered the electronics industry in the 1960s. Samsung is in different fields like food processing, textiles, and much more.
The energy-efficient Samsung refrigerator is powered by the digital Inverter compressor. For convenient storage of fruits and vegetables, it is provided with a separate box.
The stabilizer-free fridge cuts the power automatically when more voltage fluctuations are noticed. Also, you can lock the fridge for your kid’s safety. Moreover, it does not have any coils at the back of the fridge.
- Samsung direct cool refrigerator has a capacity of 192 L
- It requires manual cooling
- The fridge comes with toughened glass shelves
- Also, it has 4-star energy ratings which reflect positively on the electricity bill.
- Single door fridge is powered by the digital inverter technology which helps to keep the food cool and fresh
- Samsung 192 L fridge comes with an attractive grade door that looks like a double door yet it is a single door
- To open the door conveniently, it comes with an island-type handle and has toughened glass shelves
- Verge box lets user store fruits and vegetables separately, keeping them fresh.
- The refrigerator can also work on solar power.
- Clean back lets users place this fridge anywhere and cleaning the fridge is easy.
- The noise produced is a bit high.
4. Whirlpool 265 L 4 Star Inverter Frost-free Double-door Refrigerator – Odour-free
Whirlpool entered India in 1980. heir products include dishwasher, washing machine, air purifier, hand blenders, juicers, toasters, etc. It is a renowned company and has over 100 years of experience. Their products maintain high quality.
The energy-efficient fridge comes with 4-star energy efficient star rating. It is powered by 3 Intellisensors and AI microprocessors. The double door refrigerator comes with a separate freezer compartment and a storage compartment.
It has enough storage space and also it is odor-free. It comes with MicroBlock food storage and circular air-flow for keeping your foodstuff fresh.
- The frost-free energy efficient fridge has a capacity of 265 L
- It has temperature adjustment controller lets the user set the temperature according to their wish.
- Also, the fridge is odor-free with Active Deo
- It comes with an anti-bacterial gasket that prevents bacteria and keeps the food fresh
- The fridge is powered by adaptive intelligence technology and Intellisensors sense load
- Moreover, the fridge is capable of connecting to inverter automatically with inverter technology
- More capacity, energy efficient within a good budget, making it a great option.
- Elegant black look improves overall kitchens look
- No coils on the back of the fridge
- and a twist ice tray in the freezer compartment
- The fridge has adjustable toughened glass shelves
- The fridge outer body retains fingerprints which looks bad and needs daily cleaning.
5. Samsung 253 L 4 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – Door Alarm
In 1938, Samsung was found, and over a period of time, it became the largest multinational company. Though it was a trading company initially, the company also started to prove in the field of textiles, food processing, insurance, retail, and securities. Samsung entered the electronics industry in the 1960s. The company includes its category of products, TV& AV, Mobile, Appliances, and Computing.
Samsung frost-free refrigerator comes with a door alarm. The fridge comes with an easy slide shelf. Also, it is provided with a big bottle guard with deeper shelves. The moist, fresh zone is provided to keep the foodstuff fresh for a longer time.
The front door comes with a digital display. Also, it makes ice fresh and has an anti-bacterial gasket. Moreover, it provides cool air through multiple vents.
- It is powered by Digital Inverter technology and Smart Connect Inverter
- The capacity offered is 253 Liter, allowing a lot of storage space.
- Also, it provides lighting efficiently
- Offers Digital Display lets you touch and select an option.
- To stay the fresh food vents are provided for proper airflow
- Toughened glass shelves are provided in the fridge that resists heavyweights
- The fridge has stabilizer free operation
- Good cooling and distributed cooling.
- Easy to operate cooling control
- It operates on a home inverter
- It has an antibacterial gasket which helps to keep the food fresh from all the germs
- The door alarm is very low
6. Whirlpool 215 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – Fruit Crisper
Whirlpool is a leading company and has over 100 years of experience. It was founded in the year 1911. It entered India lately in 1980. All their products maintain high quality and include dishwasher, washing machine, air purifier, hand blenders, juicers, toasters, etc.
Refrigerator Whirlpool 215 L fridge comes with a warranty and has a base stand drawer for storing the veggies. The energy-efficient fridge has a separate fruit crisper. Now, you can easily make ice at home in the freezer compartment. A moisture control knob is provided to maintain even cooling. Moreover, it is provided with a lock feature to be used for safety purposes.
- Energy-efficient fridge comes with a 4-star rating
- The direct cool refrigerator has a capacity of 215 L
- Single door refrigerator comes with a base stand drawer for additional storage
- It is provided with stabilizer free operation
- The fridge is provided with a moisture control knob
- For storing the fruits separately, it comes with fruit crisper
- Also, a tri-zone crisper is provided to store the food separately
- MicroBlock technology is used to prevent the bacteria from entering
- It offers unique fruit crisper zone, as the name suggests it helps in keeping fruits crisp and fresh.
- Also, it has an attractive floral pattern on the door increasing rooms look.
- Has 6th sense fresh control technology, maintaining freshness of fruits and vegetables for 6 days.
- Not suitable for a large family or family with the size 5
7. Samsung 212 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – Less Noise
Samsung is the largest multinational company founded in 1938. Initially, it was a trading company, and thereafter it entered into textiles, food processing, insurance, retail, and securities. In the 1960s, Samsung entered the electronics industry. The category of their products includes TV & AV, Mobile, Appliances, and Computing.
Samsung’s direct cool refrigerator is stabilizer-free and has 212 L capacity. The fridge comes with a 3-star energy efficient rating. A separate fresh zone is provided to keep the items fresh for a longer time. Now, you can keep safe all the bottles with bottle guard.
- Samsung single door fridge requires manual defrost
- The capacity of the fridge is 212L
- You can store frozen foods in the freezer compartment
- Also, you can store big bottles with the help of the bottle guard
- Lock your fridge when you wish your child not to open the fridge
- It comes with toughened glass shelves
- The fridge comes with an anti-bacterial gasket
- Well finished product with clean look blends right in the kitchen interiors.
- Energy efficient, it has 3-star energy ratings
- Has spacious storage for fruit and veggies.
- The fridge is lightweight and sometimes moves even when the door is opened
8. Leonard Usa 120l Double Door Mini Fridge – Reversible Door
Leonard USA products include air conditioners, water dispensers, R.O.system, refrigerators, ovens, steam irons, and much more.
Leonard USA is a double door mini fridge and is frost-free. It comes with inverter technology and has enough storage space. Also, a knob is provided for temperature adjustment. To well organize the cans, a separate can dispenser is provided. Energy efficiency is certified by the US. It does not have any coils at the back.
- You can store up to 6 cans with a can dispenser
- It doesn’t need any installation and is ready to use
- It is the energy-efficient fridge and certified by EPA and DOE
- Also, the fridge has an anti-fungal gasket
- Offers 120 L capacity.
- It comes with toughened glass shelves that can be removed for cleaning and
- The fridge has a steel finish
- Enough space to store fruits and veggies for a bachelor or 2-3 people.
- Has clean back with no open grills, making it a safe option
- The frost-free fridge doesn’t build any ice.
- a regulator for temperature adjustment
- Because of its size and capacity, this fridge can be easily transported.
- Leaking of water due to ice formation in the lower part of freezer, needs frequent defrosting.
9. Haier 258 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – Convertible
In 1984, Haier Group Corporation was founded. It is the leading Chinese multinational electronics and home appliances company. Their products have innovative technology.
List of their products includes a washing machine, refrigerator, air conditioner, water heaters, TV, microwave ovens. While the list of commercial products includes commercial air conditioning and freezers.
The frost-free double door fridge has 3-star ratings and comes with a one-year product warranty and 10-year compressor warranty. Toughened glass shelves are provided, and the capacity of the fridge is 258L. The fridge is also capable of making the ice within 49 minutes.
- Haier refrigerator has 3-star ratings
- It is the frost-free double door refrigerator
- It comes with the capacity of 258L
- The fridge is provided with adjustable feet
- Now, you can convert the freezer compartment into fridge and back to the freezer compartment
- Finishing of the product is good
- Easy to use the convertible feature lets user store more items in the fridge.
- It has the feature of quick ice making
- Also, it has an anti-fungal gasket, and the fridge is easy to clean
- The noise produced is high
10. Godrej 196 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – Basic
Godrej is an Indian company established in 1897. They introduced first lock with lever technology. Also, they ware first to produce safe lockers. Their operations are in different sectors like appliances, industrial engineering, consumer products, agriculture products, and more. Their first refrigerators were started in 1958.
The refrigerator Godrej has 3-star energy efficient ratings. It comes with a one-year product warranty and a 10-year compressor warranty. The fridge has adjustable shelves and is ideal for a small family.
- It has in-built freezer compartment and a separate fresh zone
- Offers manually defrost.
- Offers 196 L capacity, ideal for small space.
- It has an anti-bacterial gasket technology
- The product comes with a user manual and a warranty card
- Ideal for a small family and small spaces.
- The shelves are wired metal shelves, and they can be adjusted
- 3-star rating reduces the electricity bill.
- Need to defrost without fail
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best brand in refrigerators?
Some of the best brands in refrigerators Whirlpool and LG.
2. What is the difference between 3 stars and 4-star refrigerator?
The difference between 3 stars and 4-star refrigerator is that 4-star refrigerator consumes lesser energy as compared to the former.
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) is responsible for setting the standards of Energy efficiency of any product. Under BEE, stars are awarded to each refrigerator of specific volume category. The maximum number of stars that a product can have is 5. The higher the number of stars, the more is the efficiency of that product.
If the star rating of a 250L Refrigerator is 5-stars, it means that that product from any manufacturer consumed the least power in the 200 to 300-liter capacity fridges. So, a 5-star rating product will have better inverter compressors which are more efficient and they cost more. Still, the extra cost of that product will be recovered in saving the electricity charges.
3. Difference between the single door and double door?
A single door fridge is more efficient than a double door fridge. Also, power consumption is less in single door refrigerators. While coming to maintenance, the double door is easier to clean as an auto-defrost facility is included. But a single door fridge has less storage space than a double door.
Also, it occupies less space in the room. Moreover, a single door is economical compared to a double door fridge. However, it is left to the user to pick any fridge based on their family size and requirement.
4. Do the fridges under 25000 have manual defrost, or automatic defrost?
Yes, you can expect both, but you will have plenty of fridges with manual defrost feature in this category.
If you have reached this part of the article, then you are looking for the fridge that is budget-friendly. I say every fridge that is picked from our end is budget-friendly based on the features it provides. We have chosen LG single door fridge as our best pick. If you are more concerned about the looks, then go for Samsung grade door fridge. If your family members have the habit of not closing the fridge door properly, then I suggest Samsung door alarm fridge.
However, it is left to the user to buy the fridge based on the requirement. We can only provide a few buying guides and best picks. To buy the fridge from the above-mentioned fridge simply click on the link.