Best Pregnancy Test Kits
Pregnancy counts as one of the best feelings a woman can ever experience in her lifetime. Pregnancy kits help to determine whether one is pregnant or not at the comfort of their homes. Without the kits, you would have to rush to a doctor every time you miss your periods which can be quite tiring.
Pregnancy kits are the easiest, affordable and convenient methods to determine pregnancy. They are also readily available in the Indian Market but getting the best for your home test is however not that easy. Most are known to be ineffective.
The best pregnancy test kit should be easy to read and interpret, accurate, easy to use and affordable as well. You, therefore, need to look out for such features before settling on one. If you do not want to get misleading results, you have to be cautious when selecting a kit for a home test.
This guide will be of great help to you as it provides you with the best pregnancy kits you can find in the Indian Market today. With it, you’ll also get to know the working of a pregnancy test kit, advantages of testing for a pregnancy at home, types of pregnancy test kits, things to look out for when buying a kit and even the steps to follow when taking a pregnancy test using a pregnancy kit at home.
6 Best Pregnancy Test Kits
Best Affordable And Accurate Kit
Best Sensitivity Feature
Best Ovulation Strips
Best Accuracy Feature
Best Fertility Monitor
Best Thermometer For Basal Temperature
How Does a Pregnancy Test Kit Work?
When pregnant, a woman’s body produces a hormone known as the human chorionic gonadotropin(HCG). A pregnancy test kit will help you to detect HCG in your body between the fourth and fifth week of your pregnancy.
When using the kit, you have to read and follow the instructions that come with it if looking forward to getting accurate results. An indicator on the kit will show you whether you are pregnant or not. For example, some kits show two lines for positive results and one line for negative results. However, the indicators vary among different pregnant test kits.
Benefits of Using a Home Pregnancy Test Kit
- By using a home pregnancy test lit, you’ll be able to know whether you are pregnant or not within the confines of your home. With it, you won’t have to keep on rushing to your doctor every time you miss your periods.
- Carrying out the test is simple and easy to perform as well.
- Taking a pregnancy test at home enables women to seek antenatal care as soon as possible.
- It allows privacy, especially to someone not looking forward to getting positive results.
How to Take a Home Pregnancy Test
- When using a pregnancy test strip, collect a sample of urine if possible in the morning. The reason for this is that morning urine will always have a high concentration of HCG.
- In a cup, dip your test strip into the sample and retrieve it after a few seconds. Allow it to dry on a flat surface and read the result after a few minutes.
- If two lines appear on your strip, it means that you are pregnant. On the other hand, should one line appear after taking the test, you are yet to conceive.
- If using the midstream format test, what you need to do is urinate on the test strip and then allow it to dry on a flat surface as well. Allow the test to dry and read the test results which you’ll have to interpret just like earlier mentioned.
- Digital home pregnancy test strips are the easiest to interpret since all you need is to read the results out. These strips show results on the display of the screen with a clear yes or no.
Types of Home Pregnancy Test Kits
There are two types of home pregnancy test kits:
Strip Pregnancy Kit
A strip pregnancy kit is simply a strip that you only need to hold in a stream of urine if you are to get any results. You can also choose to dip it into a collected sample of urine.
Should you be pregnant and there’s HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) in the urine, the strip will change color.
Cup Pregnancy Kit
With this pregnancy test kit, you’ll be provided with a test area or a cup where you’ll have to pour about three drops of urine. Within three to five minutes, you’ll get your results.
Before using a cup or any other container to collect your urine, always ensure you clean and sterilize it. You also need to ensure that it’s dry if looking forward to getting the appropriate results.
The following are the things you need to consider before buying home pregnancy test kits
Ease of Reading
The kit you decide to purchase should be easy to read and interpret. Most kits usually show two lines for positive results and a single line for negative results. A kit will help you in no way if you can’t read it.
How sensitive is a kit to detect pregnancy? The earlier it detects, the better. Go for a kit that shows results from the earliest date as possible. The best kit should help you in clearing your doubts as soon as possible.
Level of Accuracy
Ensure that the kit you get for your pregnancy home test is at least 99% accurate if you don’t want to rely on misleading information. You can imagine how frustrating it can be where a kit shows that one is pregnant only for them to realize a few months down the line that they indeed aren’t pregnant at all.
Ease of Use
Most pregnancy kits are easy to use, but that doesn’t mean that you should disregard the feature. What if you purchased a pack only for you to realize that it’s quite complicated to use? Of what use will it be? Always go for a kit that you can use with ease. The easier to use the easier it is for you to interpret the results.
Do not pay for a pack of pregnancy kits without checking the expiry date first. If you fail to do so and end up with an expired one, the results you get will never be reliable. You also need to ensure that the box is fully intact without tear or wear as this can affect the outcome.
Always consider the amount you wish to spend on the kits. Most come at low prices but still give accurate results. You, therefore, do not have to spend a lot on the kits. However, if money isn’t a problem and you have the feeling that you can only get accurate results after using highly-priced kits, go for it.
1. Neclife Get News Advance One Step Pregnancy Testing Kit – Best Affordable And Accurate Kit
The kits come in a pack of five and will help you clear your doubts within the shortest time possible. With this pack, you’ll get the results within the comfort of your home and thus save yourself the trouble of visiting your doctor for a checkup.
The strips are made with American technology to help you get results sooner and with a lot of ease. After taking the test, results are available after three minutes with 99.9% accuracy. Be sure that you’ll get the answer to your worries and doubts.
The package comes with the test device and a pouch of desiccate with a carton. Nobody will get to learn of what you intend to do now that it comes discreetly packaged to avoid the eyes of any keen onlooker. The strips are easy to use, read and interpret as well.
The pack comes with five kits allowing you the chance to take as many tests as you can if not satisfied with the first results. By the time you are through with the fifth strip, you’ll be sure of precisely what your state is. The good news is that the kit comes at an affordable price giving you no reason to worry.
- Comes with five strips, enough to clear you of all your doubts
- Made with American technology to help you get your results faster
- Enables you to get results as early as after three minutes with a 99.9% accuracy
- Discreetly packed for your privacy
- Very easy to use and read
- Enables you to get results sooner
- Comes at an affordable price
- Very faint positive line
2. Dr. Trust Neclife Pregaplan One Step Ovulation Test Kits – Best Sensitivity Feature
Although it is an Ovulation test kit, the product is on the list since it comes with ten free early pregnancy test strips that will enable you to know you are heavy with a child or not.This pack comes with all you need for your pregnancy journey and thus the best if looking forward to getting pregnant.
The ovulation strips in the pack will help you plan for your intimate moments and thus raise your levels of conception. It is easy to read and reliable and will enable you to predict your ovulation in advance. It will allow you to identify your fertility window with ease.
The ovulation and pregnancy strips that come in this pack offers a 99% level of accuracy and thus the best to use. The pack also comes at an affordable price and are also very easy to use. Just like with the pregnancy test strips, ensure that you use the ovulation strips in the morning.
- The strips offer 99% accurate results and therefore reliable
- Comes with ten ovulation kits, ten pregnancy strips, and a digital thermometer
- Reliable enough to help you predict ovulation in advance
- The strips help you to plan your pregnancy in advance
- Accurate and reliable
- Detects ovulation two days earlier
- Easy to test and read
- Easy to use
- Some people complained that the thermometer is defective
3. I Know Ovulation Strip – Best Ovulation Strips
The strip will help you to identify your ovulation days and enable you to plan for your pregnancy in advance. The kit is a qualitative test that will predict whether there is LH surge and when it is likely for you to ovulate.
The strip is specially designed for you if trying to conceive and will enable you to get pregnant naturally. It will give you a better chance to predict your most fertile days. The kit is easy to use at home and will provide you with the most accurate results.
The strips minimize the chances of missing the LH surge and thus very helpful for you if you want to conceive.
- Specially designed for women who want to conceive
- Minimizes the chances of missing the LH surge
- Allows you to predict your most fertile days
- Comes with a manual that makes it easy to use
- Gives accurate results
- Easy to use at home
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Helps one to plan for pregnancy in advance
- Some people complained that some strips are defective
4. Inito Fertility Monitor With 10 Test Strips – Best Accuracy Feature
Are you planning to get pregnant and want to know your fertile days? Try Inito fertility monitor, and you’ll marvel at the results. The strips will help you identify up to six fertile days. With it, you’ll get what you’ve been yearning for.
The strips give clear answers and accurate results as well. Whether your cycles are regular or irregular, you’ll still get results after using them. The strips work for cycles between 21 and 45 days.
The strips come with one customized clip adapter and thus compatible with your Android or IOS phone. The strips work better than most over the counter strips and come with an easy to read and understand manual that makes them easy to use.
- The strips identify up to six fertile days
- Works well with both regular and irregular cycles
- Comes with an easy to read and understand manual
- Ships with an adapter to work for your Android or IOS phone
- Accurate and effective
- Easy to use
- Better than over the counter ovulation strips
- Has a user-friendly app
5. Daysay Personal Fertility Monitor Bbt Instant Monitor – Best Fertility Monitor
This monitor is yet another device that will help you monitor your fertile days. It synchronizes with your body to inform you of your fertile days by tracking your menstrual cycle. The monitor shows the days you are fertile and those that you aren’t.
The monitor registers 99.4% accurate results from day one. If fertile, the status is displayed with a red light. If not fertile, the results get displayed with a green light. It is easy to use since all you’ll have to do is measure your temperature in the morning immediately after you wake up. After a few minutes, you’ll get your fertility status results.
The monitor is app-enabled and compatible with Android and IOS to help track your menstrual cycle and ovulation as well. The product is 100% natural and also free from hormonal based pills. You will always give you instant results.
- Helps to track your menstrual cycle and ovulation
- 99.4% accurate from day one
- Displays fertility status with a red light and a green light for unfertile days
- 100 % natural and free from hormonal based pills
- Very easy to use
- Zero recurring costs
- 100% natural
- Comes with a 2years International warranty
- Not FDA approved
6. Tdk Women’s Digital Clinical Thermometer For Basal Temperature – Best Thermometer For Basal Temperature
If you want to track your ovulation, this thermometer will help you a great deal. It is easy to use and operate as it only requires you to insert it in your mouth. It gives fast and accurate measurements in 40 seconds.
With as simple as a button press, data from this thermometer gets transferred to your smartphone now that it is highly compatible with most smartphone models. You’ll get a graphical display of the measured data in your smartphone.
Uses specialized smartphone app software to enable you to monitor your basal temperature each day and also to predict your next menstruation period and ovulation date as well. The thermometer comes with a storage case that makes it easy to carry around.
- Requires you to only insert it in your mouth for data recording
- Comes with a storage case that enables you to carry it along if traveling
- Transfers data to your smartphone with ease
- Compatible with most smartphone models
- Comes with everything you need
- Well-built thermometer
- Carry case keeps it safe during travel
- Easy to use
- Not super fast in reading temperature
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How early can I take a pregnancy test?
You can test for pregnancy as soon as you miss your periods. If not, you can also take it two weeks after having unprotected sex. Also, you should know that home pregnancy test kits work by detecting HCG in your urine. Most pregnancy test kits are calibrated to detect HCG at 20 international units(mIU) meaning that the kits can confirm pregnancy as early as seven days past ovulation.
2. How accurate are home pregnancy tests?
Most tests you’ll take at home using home pregnancy tests kits are 97% accurate if you take the test following all given instructions. What will also determine the accuracy of your test is the time you take the test (best when taken in the morning) and also the level of HCG in your urine.
You, however, need to know that there are times when a kit can give you false negative or positive results. For instance, if you’ve recently taken an HCG trigger shot that helps in triggering ovulation, chances of getting false positive results are very high.
You can also get false negative results if you take the test too early before the production of enough HCG in your urine. You may also get false negative results if you take the test later in the day when your urine is diluted or if using a kit that isn’t sensitive enough.
3. What if there are no lines on the kit at all?
If there are no lines, which isn’t common, disregard the test as this means that the kit is defective or that you may not have peed enough on the strip. It can also happen if the strip wasn’t appropriately held in the stream of urine or that you removed it from the cup with your urine sample too early.
4. What is a false positive pregnancy test?
A false positive pregnancy test is one that gives positive results when you are not pregnant. A kit can give you false positive results if you fail to follow the instructions on the test kit or if you hurry to interpret the results before the lapse of the indicated time. If it says three minutes, there’s no need to rush, get the results after the time.
If undergoing treatment, especially the HCG therapy or other fertility treatments, this can also alter the results as well as using an expired kit.
5. What is a false negative pregnancy test?
With false negative results, you get negative test results when you are indeed pregnant. You can get such results if you happened to take the results way too early before the HCG level in your blood could get detected.
You can also get fake negative results if you fail to wait for the specified time the test should last for you to get accurate results or if you took the test later in the day when your urine is already diluted.
6. Can I use an ovulation kit to test for pregnancy?
Using ovulation test kits is where a lot of people make mistakes. You can never use an ovulation strip to test for pregnancy. An ovulation strip works to detect the LH surge in your urine while a pregnancy test strip will help to detect HCG. These are two very different hormones, and one can never replace the other.
Even if you have any hormonal surges that show positive results, it doesn’t confirm that you are pregnant.
7. Will taking water or fluids before the test affect the outcome?
Drinking fluids or water in the morning can affect your results especially those taken in the morning. The reason for this is that fluids will dilute your urine and lower HCG making it undetectable. You might end up thinking that you are not pregnant only to realize later that you are with child.
8. What does a faint line on the strip indicate?
Faint lines on strips appear to many women. What you need to understand is that if two lines appear on the strip, however faint one may appear, you should interpret them as positive results.
9. What is basal body temperature?
Basal body temperature is simply the lowest temperature attained by your body during rest. It is best measured immediately after one wakes up and before taking any physical activity.
In women, ovulation leads to an increase of 0.2 to 0.4 degrees Celsius in basal body temperature. It, therefore, means that monitoring your BBT is one way of predicting your ovulation day.
Realizing that you are pregnant may be the best news you receive or the worst. It all depends on your situation and expectations. However, it’s always good to be in the know, and pregnancy test kits that you can use at home have simplified this for you.
The products in this list will help you figure yourself out and help you plan your journey to motherhood as well. Whichever you choose to go for, you’ll get accurate results as long as you follow all given instructions. They are easy to use, read and interpret as well. Get any of the packs and clear your doubts today!