Best Pregnancy Test Kits
A life-altering moment that every woman craves for is the joy of being a mom. To realize that one has conceived brings a sea of unbridled happiness for a woman and fills her with joyous and exuberant emotions.
Right from the moment, a woman misses her periods; she could hardly contain her excitement to get to know her pregnancy test results. With a pounding heart and millions of hopes, she looks forward to getting confirmation of her pregnancy.
Gone are the days when you are required to visit the clinics for getting the test done. With pregnancy test kits, you can do an accurate pregnancy test from the comfort of your home.
These quick check pregnancy test kits are easy-to-use and provide comfort, convenience, and an affordable way of confirming pregnancy. This guide will be of great help to you as it provides you with the best pregnancy kits you can find in the Indian market today.
After going through the article, you’ll also get to know the working of a pregnancy test kit, advantages of testing for a pregnancy at home, types of pregnancy test kits, and things to look out for when buying a kit.
The article even provides the steps to follow when taking a pregnancy test using a pregnancy kit at home.
7 Best Pregnancy Test Kits in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Fertility Monitor
Best Fertility Monitor
Best Affordable And Accurate Kit
Best Sensitivity Feature
Best Ovulation Strips
Best Accuracy Feature
Best Thermometer For Basal Temperature
How Does a Pregnancy Test Kit Work?
When pregnant, a woman’s body produces a hormone known as the human chorionic gonadotropin(HCG). A pregnancy test kit will help you detect HCG in your body between the fourth and fifth weeks of your pregnancy.
When using the kit, you have to read and follow the instructions that come with it for accurate results. An indicator on the kit will show you whether you are pregnant or not.
For example, some kits show two lines for positive results and one line for negative results. However, the indicators vary among different pregnancy test kits.
Benefits of Using a Home Pregnancy Test Kit
- By using a home pregnancy test kit, you’ll be able to know whether you are pregnant or not within the comfort of your home.
- With it, you won’t have to keep on rushing to your doctor every time you miss your periods.
- Carrying out the test is simple and easy to perform, as well.
- Taking a pregnancy test at home enables women to seek antenatal care as soon as possible.
- It allows privacy, especially to someone not looking forward to getting positive results.
How to Take a Home Pregnancy Test?
- When using a pregnancy test strip, collect a sample of urine if possible in the morning. The reason for this is that morning urine will always have a high concentration of HCG.
- In a cup, dip your test strip into the sample and retrieve it after a few seconds. Allow it to dry on a flat surface and read the result after a few minutes.
- If using the midstream format test, what you need to do is urinate on the test strip and then allow it to dry on a flat surface. Allow the test to dry and read the test results which you’ll have to interpret just like earlier mentioned.
- Digital home pregnancy test strips are the easiest to interpret since all you need is to read the results out. These strips show results on the display of the screen with a clear yes or no.
Types of Home Pregnancy Test Kits
There are two types of home pregnancy test kits:
Strip Pregnancy Kit
A strip pregnancy kit is simply a strip that you only need to hold in a stream of urine to get any results. You can also choose to dip it into a collected sample of urine.
Should you be pregnant and there’s HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) in the urine, the strip will change colour accordingly.
Cup Pregnancy Kit
With this pregnancy test kit, you’ll be provided with a cup where you’ll have to pour about three drops of urine. Within three to five minutes, you’ll get your results.
Before using a cup or any other container to collect your urine, always ensure you clean and sterilize it. You also need to ensure that it’s dry if looking forward to getting the appropriate results.
The following are the things you need to consider before buying home pregnancy test kits.
Ease of Reading
The kit you decide to purchase should be easy to read and interpret. Most kits usually show two lines for positive results and a single line for negative results. Go through the instruction manual to know the way it will show results.
How sensitive is a kit to detect pregnancy? The earlier it detects, the better.
Go for a kit that shows results from the earliest date as possible. The best kit should help you in clearing your doubts.
Level of Accuracy
Ensure that the kit you get for your pregnancy home test is at least 99% accurate to avoid any misleading information.
You can imagine how frustrating it can be where a kit shows that you are pregnant only to realize a few months down the line that you aren’t pregnant at all.
Ease of Use
Most pregnancy kits are easy to use, but that doesn’t mean that you should disregard the feature. What if you purchased a pack only for you to realize that it’s quite complicated to use? Always go for a kit that you can use with ease.
The easier to use the easier it is for you to interpret the results.
Do not pay for a pack of pregnancy kits without checking the expiry date first. If you fail to do so and end up with an expired one, the results you get will never be reliable.
You also need to ensure that the box is sealed without a tear or wear as this can again affect the results.
Always consider the amount you wish to spend on the kits. Most come at low prices but still give accurate results. You, therefore, do not have to spend a lot on the kits.
However, if money isn’t a problem and you have the feeling that you can only get accurate results after using highly-priced kits, go for it.
Top 7 Pregnancy Kits
1. i-can One Step Pregnancy Test Device
i-can is a high-performance HCG hormone detection kit that helps in accurate detection and confirmation of the pregnancy. It provides an easy way for a woman to know if she is pregnant.
This test-kit is designed to give complete privacy to a woman while testing. It works by detecting the presence of HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) hormone in the urine. It is a fast-acting test kit that gives the results as early as 5 minutes.
- I-can pregnancy kit comprises one single-use pregnancy detection strip. This detection kit comes with 1 test device and 1 disposable dropper.
- This pregnancy test kit can be used as early as on the 6th day once you have unprotected sex.
- It delivers the best results if you perform the I-can test on the day of your missed period or one week after the expected period date.
- The appearance of a dark pink or purple colour band indicates the positive pregnancy test result.
- If there is no pink colour or a light pink band present, it indicates the negative pregnancy test result.
- It is simple to use pregnancy test kit that women can easily use without requiring any assistance.
- It can be easily done in three simple steps. You need to collect your first urine sample in a dry and clean container. Now use a dropper for placing 3 drops of urine in the tiny aperture on the kit that is marked as S. Now check the results after 5 mins.
- It gives up to 99% accurate results.
- It helps in the early detection of pregnancy.
- No negative points were observed.
2. Cipla Mamaxpert Rapid Pregnancy Detection Kit
Cipla has been providing pharmaceutical products for a long time, and their latest rapid pregnancy detection kit offers great features.
With 99% accuracy, you can rely on this kit to know if you are pregnant or not. Its compact size and discreet packaging allow you to carry it around easily.
This is a one-step HCG test which detects the pregnancy hormone present in the urine.
It offers fast results in just 5 minutes.
It is easy to use and understand, two pink lines state positive, and one pink line states negative.
If there is no line or no ‘C’ line, then the test is invalid, and you need to repeat the test.
The kit comes with one disposable dropper and 1 test device.
It is a single-use test which allows you to use it anytime, anywhere.
The kit gives accurate results in less time.
No negative points were observed.
3. Neclife Get News Pregnancy Testing Kit – Best Affordable And Accurate Kit
The kits come in a pack of five and will help you clear your doubts within the shortest time possible.
The strips are made with American technology to help you get results sooner and with a lot of ease. After taking the test, results are available within three minutes with 99.9% accuracy.
The package comes with the test device and a pouch of desiccating with a carton. The strips are easy to use, read and interpret as well. This is one of the best home pregnancy test kits in India
- Comes with five strips, enough to clear you of all your doubts
- Made with American technology to help you get your results faster
- Enables you to get results as early as after three minutes with a 99.9% accuracy
- Discreetly packed for your privacy
- Very easy to use and comes with a user manual
- Enables you to get results sooner, within 5 minutes
- Comes at an affordable price
- No negative points were observed.
4. Dr. Trust Neclife Pregaplan Test Kits – Best Sensitivity Feature
Although it is an Ovulation test kit, the product is on the list since it comes with ten free early pregnancy test strips that will enable you to know you are with a child or not. This pack comes with all you need for your pregnancy journey and thus the best to get pregnant.
The ovulation and pregnancy strips that come in this pack offers a 99% level of accuracy. The pack also comes at an affordable price and are also very easy to use.
- The strips offer 99% accurate results and therefore reliable.
- Comes with ten ovulation kits, ten pregnancy strips, and a digital thermometer.
- Reliable enough to help you predict ovulation in advance.
- The strips help you to plan your pregnancy.
- Detects ovulation two days earlier for better planning
- American technology used ensures accurate results
- The pack contains a thermometer that is of good quality and offers accurate results
- It is quite expensive.
5. I Know Ovulation Strip – Best Ovulation Strips
The strip will help you to identify your ovulation days and enable you to plan for your pregnancy in advance. The kit is a qualitative test that will predict LH surge and when it is likely for you to ovulate.
The strip is specially designed for you if trying to conceive and will naturally get pregnant. It will give you a better chance to predict your most fertile days. The kit is easy to use at home and will provide you with the most accurate results.
The strips minimize the chances of missing the LH surge and thus help you if you want to conceive.
- Minimizes the chances of missing the LH surge
- Allows you to predict your 5 most fertile days
- Comes with a manual that makes it easy to use
- Easy to use at home
- The pack comes with 5 strips for multiple tests.
- Comes at a reasonable price
- There can be accuracy issue with the strips.
6. Inito Fertility Monitor With 10 Test Strips – Best Accuracy Feature
Are you planning to get pregnant and want to know your fertile days? Try Inito fertility monitor. The strips will help you identify up to six fertile days.
The strips come with one customized clip adapter and thus compatible with your Android or IOS phone. The strips work better than most over the counter strips and come with an easy to read and understand manual for a great experience.
- The strips identify up to six fertile days.
- Works well with both regular and irregular cycles
- Comes with an easy to read and understand manual
- Ships with an adapter to work for your Android or IOS phone
- It detects LH and Estrogen in the urine for accurate and effective results.
- Easy to use with its user-friendly app
- It offers clear and confusion-free results.
- It is quite expensive.
7. Tdk Women’s Basal Temperature Thermometer – Best Thermometer For Basal Temperature
If you want to track your ovulation, this thermometer will help you in a great way. It is easy to use and operate as it only requires you to insert it in your mouth. It gives fast and accurate measurements in just 40 seconds.
With as simple as a button press, data from this thermometer gets transferred to your smartphone now that it is highly compatible with most smartphone models. You’ll get a graphical display of the measured data in your smartphone.
Uses specialized smartphone app software to enable you to monitor your basal temperature each day and predict your next menstruation period and ovulation date.
- Requires you to only insert it in your mouth for data recording
- Comes with a storage case that enables you to carry it along if travelling
- Transfers data to your smartphone with ease
- Compatible with most smartphone models
- A well-built thermometer that comes with a storage case that makes it easy to carry around.
- Carry case keeps it safe during travel.
- The battery needs to be changed frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How early can I take a pregnancy test?
You can test for pregnancy as soon as you miss your periods. If not, you can also take it two weeks after having unprotected sex. Also, you should know that home pregnancy test kits work by detecting HCG in your urine.
Most pregnancy test kits are calibrated to detect HCG at 20 international units(mIU), meaning that the kits can confirm pregnancy as early as seven days past ovulation.
2. How accurate are home pregnancy tests?
Most tests you’ll take at home using home pregnancy tests kits are 97% accurate if you take the test following all given instructions.
What will also determine your test’s accuracy is the time you take the test (best when taken in the morning) and the level of HCG in your urine.
However, you need to know that there are times when a kit can give you false negative or positive results. For instance, if you’ve recently taken an HCG trigger shot that helps in triggering ovulation, chances of getting false-positive results are very high.
You can also get false-negative results if you take the test too early before producing enough HCG in your urine. You may also get false-negative results if you take the test later in the day when your urine is diluted or if using a kit that isn’t sensitive enough.
3. What if there is no line on the kit at all?
If there are no lines, which isn’t common, disregard the test as this means that the kit is defective or that you may not have peed enough on the strip.
It can also happen if the strip wasn’t properly held in the stream of urine or that you removed it from the cup with your urine sample too early.
4. What is a false positive pregnancy test?
A false positive pregnancy test is one that gives positive results when you are not pregnant. A kit can give you false positive results if you fail to follow the test kit’s instructions or hurry to interpret the results before the lapse of the indicated time.
If undergoing treatment, especially the HCG therapy or other fertility treatments, this can also alter the results and use an expired kit.
6. Can I use an ovulation kit to test for pregnancy?
Using ovulation test kits is where a lot of people make mistakes. You can never use an ovulation strip to test for pregnancy.
An ovulation strip works to detect the LH surge in your urine while a pregnancy test strip will detect HCG. These are two very different hormones, and one can never replace the other.
Even if you have hormonal surges that show positive results, it doesn’t confirm that you are pregnant.
7. Does taking water or fluids before the test affect the outcome?
Drinking fluids or water in the morning can affect your results.
The reason for this is that fluids will dilute your urine and lower HCG, making it undetectable. You might end up thinking that you are not pregnant only to realize later that you are with child.
8. What is basal body temperature?
Basal body temperature is simply the lowest temperature attained by your body during rest. It is best measured immediately after one wakes up and before taking any physical activity.
In women, ovulation leads to an increase of 0.2 to 0.4 degrees Celsius in basal body temperature. It, therefore, means that monitoring your BBT is one way of predicting your ovulation day.
A pregnancy test kit gives a highly accurate confirmation of one’s pregnancy. It helps a lot to know in advance if you have conceived or not. If you have been planning for having babies for some time, this kit comes in handy to confirm the pregnancy at the earliest.
On the contrary, if you don’t want to get pregnant then also you can use the test kit to confirm your doubts with negative results about your pregnancy. It is a must-have device for couples that help in the planning of their parenting journey.
The best part of these kits is that these are easy-to-use and interpret. These kits empower the woman to plan for her future and make informed decisions while maintaining her dignity and privacy.