Top 9 Best Piano Keyboard Accessories
Playing a piano keyboard is a hobby for many. But as you grow as a musician, you tend to invest in an expensive instrument to get the best results.
For this, you also require a few accessories that go along with the keyboard. The primary function of these accessories is to help learn and grow while ensuring your comfort and convenience. Certain accessories also help in enhancing the tone of your keyboard and also protecting it from damage.
Buying suitable accessories for your keyboard might be a bit of a task for beginners. Very important accessories to have are a keyboard sustain pedal, keyboard stand, keyboard bags to keep it clean, and piano keyboard adapter.
This article hopes to solve this issue by providing a well-explained piano keyboard accessories guide for all buyers.
The last section of this article consists of an FAQ section that answers some of the most common questions people have regarding this topic.
Top 9 Piano Keyboard Accessories in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Keyboard Learning Accessory
Best Bag Cover
Best Sheet Stand
The Reliable AC Adapter
The Stable and Sturdy Keyboard Stand
Value For Money Adapter
Compact and Sturdy Sustain Pedal
Safe and Comfortable Keyboard Bag
Types of Piano Keyboard Accessories
A sustain pedal also referred to as a damper pedal, loud pedal, and open pedal is like a controller that helps the pianist sustain the damped strings on the piano or keyboard when pressed.
It allows the strings to vibrate freely until the vibration stops naturally or the pedal is released.
Sustain pedals are mainly used on modern pianos or electronic keyboards. It enhances the instrument’s tone and provides a more clear, realistic sound like a real piano.
A keyboard stand is a stand designed to hold the keyboard while you play at home, outdoors, or even during stage performances.
They have a secure design with rubber caps that ensure the stability and balance of the keyboard. Moreover, they are usually fold-able, allowing you to travel with them.
Keyboard stands are of different types including table type stands, single or double “X” stands, tier type stands, etc.
They also come with height adjustment options that allow you to play while sitting or standing. This is one of the essential equipment required by a pianist/keyboardist.
These are bags designed to carry and cover your keyboard. They come with pockets allowing you to take other small accessories like adapters and batteries.
Moreover, they are designed to include shoulder straps to help you carry your instrument around comfortably.
This product’s main function is to protect your precious possession from dust, weather conditions like rain, or any kind of jerks and shocks.
Keyboard bags keeps your instrument safe while also ensuring portability.
A keyboard adapter is one of the essential accessories without which your electronic keyboard would not operate. It comes with a long wire, a jack, and a plug connecting your keyboard with the current source.
The adapter is a portable device that enables you to play on your keyboard for hours without interruption.
These are accessories that are very useful for beginners. The stickers usually have the notes and keys printed on them, placed on the white keys.
This ensures smooth and faster learning without even having to go for keyboard classes. It allows you to learn to play the instrument in the comfort of your home.
It is a stand that can be connected to your piano keyboard on which you can place the sheet music. This ensures that the sheet is right in front of you while playing on the keyboard.
The stand is handy as it allows you to learn and prevents you from forgetting the notes while playing. It is usually made of high-quality steel or plastic material that is sturdy.
Piano Keyboard Accessories Buyer’s Guide
The device you purchase should be compatible with your piano keyboard. Hence, check the models and instruments the sustain pedal is compatible with.
Moreover, ensure that it comes with a polarity switch so that it is compatible with a variety of musical instruments including drums, any electronic keyboard, synthesizer, and a digital piano.
The sustain pedal should be made using high-quality alloys like chrome or plastic. It should have a light-weight portable design for your convenience with the right action that allows you to press it with ease.
Apart from this, the base of the pedal should be made using non-slip rubber with screw grooves. This prevents it from slipping, giving you precise control over it.
The cable or wire should be made of a good quality material that ensures durability and a stable connection.
The jack should be compatible with your keyboard. Also, ensure that the wire’s length is long enough, ranging anywhere at or in between 5-6 feet.
The material used for the construction of the stand should be iron or a good quality rust-resistant steel.
This ensures the durability of the product. Thus, always check the material of the keyboard stand before purchasing it if you want a long-lasting product.
The minimum weight capacity of the stand should be less than 5 kgs. Buy a product with a weight capacity that is enough to hold your keyboard.
It should be capable of holding large keyboards having 61, 76, and 88 keys.
The stand should have a secure, sturdy, and portable design. You can go for a single or double “X” stand, tabletop stand, or a tier type stand that allows you to hold two keyboards at a time.
The design or type you buy should be according to your preference and requirement. However, the stand should be fold-able so that you can carry it around conveniently or keep it away when the keyboard is not in use.
The stand should be stable, sturdy, and should be able to balance your keyboard. This ensures comfortable playing on the keyboard without it being wobbly.
It should also have rubber caps in the base that provides a secure grip on the ground preventing it from moving or slipping.
Go for a stand that comes with a hand lever which will help you adjust the height as per your requirement. This allows you to play as per your convenience, whether you are sitting or standing.
It ensures that you are always comfortable while playing on your keyboard even if it is for hours.
The keyboard bag should be made using high-quality PVC nylon material and should have proper padding on the inside and shoulder straps.
This ensures its durability. Moreover, it should come with smooth finishing as well.
The bag should fit in your keyboard properly. You wouldn’t want a bag that is too small or large for your instrument. This would make carrying it inconvenient.
Thus, check the size and model measurements before making a bag purchase for your keyboard.
The main feature of a bag is to offer protection to your valued instrument.
Ensure that the bag’s interior is well padded with thick foam to absorb shocks and jerks, preventing it from damage. Moreover, the interior should have a special moisture protection lining to keep your keyboard safe from moisture and during rains.
Padded shoulder straps
You are going to carry the bag around and thus check if the bag comes with well-padded shoulder straps that allow you to carry it like a backpack.
This reduces weight and stress, ensuring your comfort while travelling with your keyboard.
The keyboard adapter should be BIS certified for use with audio/video or any other similar apparatus.
It needs to be compatible with your keyboard model to prevent any issues. Thus, check the models the adapter is compatible with before making a purchase.
The input and output of the AC adapter are equally important for a proper connection.
Ensure that the input and output match the keyboard requirement to operate properly without any problems.
The cable should be made using high-quality material so that it is durable. This also ensures a secure connection as you don’t have to worry about the wire or cable’s snapping.
Also, ensure that the cable comes with a long length of 506 feet, allowing you to enjoy hours of playing even after being 5 feet away from the plug point.
1. TechnoBuyers Flanger Sustain Pedal Foot Damper – Our Choice
The TechnoBuyers Flanger Sustain Pedal comes with a polarity switch making it compatible with various instruments, be it a keyboard, piano or drums. The pedal enriches the tone of your keyboard by providing it with the realistic sound of a piano. The action is smooth, and the player will get to enjoy classic style audio.
The product is light-weight, portable, and has high compatibility. This is a great accessory for its price, making it our number one recommendation. Every piano or keyboard player should go for this product.
- It is a universal sustain pedal.
- Comes with a chrome foot pedal with expressive half-pedal capabilities.
- It includes a 5 ft cable with a 1/4-inch jack.
- Its dimensions are 230 mm×75 mm× 60 mm.
- Compatible with Yamaha, Casio or any electronic keyboard, synthesizer, and a digital piano.
- Comes with a polarity switch.
- It comes with a non-slip rubber bottom with screw grooves.
- It has a light-weight and portable design.
- Suitable for a variety of instruments including electric piano, electronic drums, keyboard, and synthesizer.
- It provides a realistic piano tone to your keyboard.
- The non-slip base gives you precise control by keeping the pedal in place.
- The pedal is a bit hard to press.
2. Symphony Pro Piano/Keyboard Stickers – Best Keyboard Learning Accessory
The Symphony pro piano/keyboard stickers are a set of 52 transparent good-quality stickers placed on the white keys of your keyboard or piano. This helps anyone learn the art of playing this instrument easily without going to music classes.
They have an eye-catching design and also have notes printed on them. It is also available at a reasonable price, making it the best keyboard learning accessory.
- It is a set of 52 transparent stickers.
- Compatible with the keyboard of any number of keys (49, 61, 76, 88).
- Comes with an instruction manual and a detailed video tutorial that tells you how to install it.
- Comes with a small songbook for practice.
- It is to be stuck on the top portion of the white keys.
- Comes with an eye-catching design and easy to read fonts.
- These are high quality and durable stickers.
- Designed to help anyone (adults or children) learn the keyboard or piano easily.
- They also have music notes printed for all the keys, including flats and sharps.
- Might have trouble removing the stickers later.
3. Yamaha Musical Keyboards Piano Backpack – Best Bag Cover
The Yamaha Musical Keyboard Piano Bag cover is a suitable option for any keyboard having 61 keys. The black and magenta-coloured bag have straps that allow you to carry it conveniently as a backpack.
The extra pockets come in handy for carrying small items like adapters and batteries.
The PVC bag is well padded and comes with an inner moisture protection lining that protects your keyboard from weather conditions like rain or shocks. It ensures protection while also helps you carry it around easily.
- It is made of high-quality PVC nylon material.
- Suitable for all 61 keys keyboard models including E353, E453, I455, I425, F51.
- It has a 12 mm thick foam padding.
- Comes with a side pocket for carrying the adapter.
- Color: Black/Magenta.
- It has a special moisture protection lining from inside keeping your instrument safe from rain.
- It can be carried like a backpack for your convenience.
- The thick foam padding ensures extra safety to your keyboard.
- The quality and finishing of the bag could be better.
4. Kadence Notation Stand – Best Sheet Stand
Kadence is a well-known manufacturer of musical instruments and accessories. The Kadence notion stand is made using high-quality material. Hence, it is sturdy, durable, and made to last.
The stand properly holds your lyric sheets so that you can play your keyboard comfortably. It has an adjustable height and ergonomic design, which adds to your comfort.
- This is a keyboard sheet stand.
- Height: 27.1” to 48.4” and Desk size: 21″ x 11.5″.
- Its weight is 962 grams.
- It is constructed using high quality and durable material.
- Has an ergonomic design which makes it easy to use.
- Comes in elegant black color.
- Sturdy and long-lasting.
- Height can be easily adjusted.
- Light-weight and easy to carry around.
- The finishing of the product is not up to the mark.
5. Casio LAD-6 AC 9.5 V Power Adaptor for Keyboard – The Reliable AC Adapter
The Casio LAD-6 is a 9.5 V AC power adapter suitable for almost all Casio Keyboards. It can be carried anywhere you go to ensure that you enjoy unlimited hours of playing on your keyboard.
Moreover, the long wire allows you to play your keyboard away from the plug point. It is BIS certified and comes with a 6-month warranty making it a reliable option to go for.
- This is a 9.5 V Power Adapter from Casio.
- Input:185-250 V – 50 hz.
- It is compatible with SA-46/47, SA-76/77/78, CTK-240/245/1100/1150/1200/1250/1300, CTK-2200/2300/2400/3200/4400, CTK-850in/860in, wk-220/225/240.
- It has a two-pin plug.
- Comes with a six months warranty.
- Allows you to enjoy unlimited hours of playing on your keyboard.
- It is portable allowing you to play your keyboard anywhere and at any time.
- The wire comes with a good long length.
- It is BIS certified for use with audio/video or any other similar apparatus.
- The barrel-type adapter might have connection issues.
6. Juarez JAK200 X-Type Keyboard Stand
To place your expensive keyboard, you need a stable keyboard stand. A keyboard stand can work both ways; it can help you practice better by giving you support and also help store it when not in use.
Juarez keyboard stand comes with non-slip rubber end caps for great stability to keep your keyboards stable. Below mentioned are more features of Juarez keyboard stand.
- This stand was made from heavy-duty double- x metal construction and is also powder-coated for durability.
- The stand has a quick-release mechanism for easy usage, and it also allows easy height adjustments.
- Its anti-slip rubber end caps offer stability.
- The stand weighs around 2 kg 500 grams.
- It is thoughtfully designed dual braced legs are for extra stability.
- The stand can hold one keyboard and has five locking positions along with a safety lock pin.
- It also comes with a high strength support straps for portability.
- The quality could have been better.
7. Voltz Volad-6 Adaptor 9.5 V for CASIO Keyboards – Value For Money Adapter
The Voltz VOLDAD-6 Adapter is a budget-friendly option for Casio keyboard models. It serves the purpose by allowing you to enjoy playing on your keyboard for hours at any place and time.
It has a two-pin plug and a 6 feet wire which adds to your convenience. So, if you are searching for value for money products, this power adapter would be your ideal choice.
- This is an AC power adapter suitable for Casio keyboard models.
- It has an output of 9.5 V DC.
- Input: 185-250 V ~ 50 Hz.
- It has a two-pin plug.
- Compatibility: SA-46/47,SA-76/77/78, CTK-240/245/1100/1150/1200/1250/1300/1500/1550; CTK-2200/2300/2400/2500/2550/3200/4400; CTK-850IN/860IN, WK-220/225/240.
- The length of the wire is 6 feet.
- Allows you to enjoy unlimited hours of playing on your keyboard.
- Ensures playing the keyboard away from the power pint because of its long wire.
- Value for money as it serves the purpose.
- The quality of the product could be better.
8. Magideal Universal Foot Sustain Pedal– Compact and Sturdy Sustain Pedal
The Magic deal Universal Foot Sustain Pedal is compatible with all electronic keyboards, synthesizers, and drum machines.
It is a perfect choice if you require enhancement of the sound quality of your instrument. It has a compact and sturdy design. Moreover, the product enables you to achieve the realistic and clear sound of a piano.
- This is a universal sustain pedal.
- Compatible with all electronic keyboards.
- Size: 10 x 7.4 cm.
- Length of the cable: 110 cm.
- The color of the product: black.
- Ideal for any application that requires a non-latching momentary switch.
- It has a simple, compact, and sturdy design.
- Suitable for synthesizers, tone modules, drum machines, and all electronic keyboards.
- Enhances the sound of the instrument.
- The length of the wire could be longer.
9. Mexa compatible with Casio keyboard bag – Safe and Comfortable Keyboard Bag
This keyboard bag from Mexa is compatible with the Casio SA-76 Keyboard. It ensures a perfect fit while the sponge pad protects from shocks and jerks.
It also comes with a large pocket for carrying accessories like adapters while the shoulder straps allow you to carry it comfortably. Thus, if you are looking for a safe and comfortable bag for your Casio keyboard, this would be the ideal choice.
- This is a keyboard cover bag to keep the instrument safe from dust.
- Compatible with Casio SA-76 Keyboard.
- Comes with padded shoulder straps.
- It has a large front pocket to store accessories.
- The bag is well padded with a sponge for extra safety.
- The padded shoulder straps allow you to carry it comfortably as a bag pack.
- The front pocket allows you to carry extra accessories.
- No negative points observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do pedals help a piano?
The pedals help the musician sustain the notes when pressed, allowing them to vibrate freely until it ceases naturally or released. This enhances the tone of the piano.
Sustain pedals are also used in electronic keyboards to provide the realistic sound of a piano.
2. How much does a piano weigh?
Small upright pianos weigh anywhere between 135-180 kgs while larger pianos can weigh up to 350-400 kgs.
On the other hand, keyboards are light-weight and portable options. The average keyboard weighs approximately 60kgs or more.
3. How much weight can a keyboard stand handle?
A keyboard stand is designed to hold large keyboards having 61, 76, or 88 keys. The approximate weight capacity of the stand should be 60 kgs or more.
4. What is a keyboard AC adapter used for?
The AC adapter is used for connecting the keyboard with a power source so that it can operate. It establishes a secure connection on which the keyboard can be played.
If you plan to upgrade your piano playing experience, then perhaps some keyboard accessories can help you do so.
When you move to the next stage from beginner to professional, you will need a few piano keyboard accessories to up the game, and this article is just for that.
Here are our top recommendations that you can choose from if you are still wondering where to start from Flanger Sustain Pedal, Symphony Pro Piano / Keyboard Stickers and Mexa for Yamaha keyboard bag. We hope this article helps.