Best Menstrual Cups
A menstrual cup is a reusable product that is used to collect the blood during the menstruation cycle of a woman. It is a small, funnel-shaped cup made with silicone or rubber which is to insert into the vagina of the female. It can hold more quantity of blood and if more effective overall
Menstrual cups are gaining importance as many people are switching from pads or tampons to menstrual cups due to the flexibility of use, awareness of cervical cancer, and landfill waste.
In this guide, we will talk about the advantages of menstrual cups, how to use it, and how to maintain it. You will also find the do’s and don’ts of using a menstruation cup, the different types of menstrual cups, and why menstruation cups are better than pad and tampons.
Top 15 Menstrual Cups in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Our best pick
Our best pick
Our best pick
Soft rim and budget-friendly
Bulb shaped stem
Advantages of menstrual cup
It is a myth that sanitary napkins are cheap. The truth is you can not reuse a sanitary pad while you can use a menstrual cup for a long time. Though the initial investment is a little more, it is a one-time investment and saves time and money in the long run
No more odor issues
Tampons and pads don’t come in contact with the outside air, and they start smelling. The menstrual cups do not come in contact with outside air, and therefore, it does not smell, and you will feel more confident going anywhere.
Products like tampons and pads may mess with the pH level of the vagina and also soaks up the bacterias and dry out your vagina. The menstrual cups do not cause any issues and are considered very safe
Hold for a long time
You can go for up to 12 hours without changing the cup. These menstrual cups are long-lasting and easy to change.
Menstrual cups are reusable and can last for up to 8 – 10 years. It is a one-time investment that not only saves your money but also has a positive impact on the environment as they are made using eco-friendly material.
How to use it?
After reading about how menstrual cup works and knowing about the advantages of the menstrual cup. You may be excited to use the menstrual cup but have no idea how to use it properly.
Here, we give you a clear explanation of using a menstrual cup. Follow the simple steps for easy use.
Read the instructions carefully once you receive the menstrual cup. Ensure, the cup you bought is of the correct size as required. Rinse the cup with water before use for removing dirt or dust from the cup. Now, wash your hands with soapy water.
Fold the cup for easy insertion. You can fold it in different styles like c-fold, s-fold, and punch down. Try with different styles; you may be comfortable with anyone style. Fold your menstrual cup, as shown in the figure below.
C-fold and S-folds may have a wider rim, and advanced menstrual cup users prefer it. If you are a beginner, go with a punch-down fold style.
Now, its time for the insertion of the cup. Be relaxed while inserting. Don’t panic if you fail in the first trial. You can use water-based lubricant or water for easy insertion. Insert the cup gently with the stem of the cup downwards. Ensure that the cup is inserted at an acute angle.
You should feel the top of the cup inside. Ensure the cup is sealed, and there is no leakage. Use your cup until 12 hours. The most important thing is that once your cup is inserted accurately, you shouldn’t be able to feel it.
Remove the cup gently pinching the stem and allow it to break open the sealing. Empty the cup by throwing the fluid collected in the cup.
Wash the cup with soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Reuse the cup and again insert it gently.
It is the final step. Once you have finished your periods, boil the cup for 5 minutes. Remove the cup from boiling water and allow it to dry completely. Now, store the cup in a breathing bag.
Maintenance of a Menstrual cup
To have a healthy menstrual cycle keeping your menstrual cups hygienic is essential. With proper maintenance, they can be used for a long duration of time. Also, every brand provides few instructions for cleaning their specific cup.
Few cups are strictly prohibited from using chemicals based soaps. Hence, read the instructions carefully before using the menstrual cups.
Cleaning on periods
Always wash your hands with soapy water and dry them before removing the menstrual cup from the vagina. Now that your hands are clean to ensure that you remove the cup carefully without hurting yourself.
Unwashed hands carry a lot of bacterias and may lead to a vaginal infection. Ensure you empty the cup for every 6 to 12 hours, depending on your flow.
Use a brush specifically designed for cleaning the cups to clean the interior of the menstrual cup. Use soapy water to clean thoroughly if your brand mention safe to use after proper wash use wipes to remove excess water and allow it to dry. Now, reinsert it carefully. Ensure your cup has no odor after cleaning.
Cleaning before and after each cycle
Once you are done with your periods or before you start your periods, it is advisable to clean the menstrual cup. Place a small pot unused or used only for boiling the cup on the stove.
Fill the pot with water, dip the cup in water and allow it to boil. Few brands recommend to boil only for 3 minutes, and few recommend to boil for 5 minutes. Follow the rule as per the line mentioned.
After boiling the cup, remove it from boiling water and dry it. You can also place the cups under sunlight for drying. After it is dried completely place the cup in a
breathing bag safely in a moist-free area.
Cleaning in public toilets
Don’t panic when you feel a need to empty the cup and clean it. Empty the cup in the toilet, use toilet paper to clean the cup. Also, use wet wipes to clean the cup thoroughly.
Specially designed wet wipes for cleaning the menstrual cup are available in the market, use them. Once you feel the cup is clean, reinsert the cup and wash the cup with warm water after you reach your home.
Do’s and Don’ts of menstrual cups
- Do practice properly folding the menstrual cup. Folding the cup really will not be an easy task because it pops back if not folded properly.
- Always lubricate the upper edge of the cup before inserting it. Either you can use water-based lubricant or just water for easy insertion.
- Always do position yourself correctly before inserting the cup.
- Do push the cup at an acute angle.
- As the cups are suction sealed, don’t try to pull the cup while removing. Simply pinch the stem of the cup to break open the suction seal and remove it gently.
- Always sterilize your cup at least for 5 minutes or as specified by the brand after use.
- Don’t place the cup in unbreathable bags.
Tips for using a menstrual cup
- Stay relaxed while inserting or removing the cup.
- Trim your nails to avoid cut or scratch or wear sterile gloves.
- Try different folding styles until you feel comfortable fold technique.
- If the stem of the menstrual cup is too long and is hurting you can cut it correctly. Don’t forget that stem helps in easy removal of the cup.
- Use water or water-based lubricant for easy insertion.
- Try to insert the cup in a different position like squats, placing the leg on the toilets.
- When you want to empty the cup in public toilet ensure that you carry a water bottle, wet wipes for an easy cleaning process.
- Depending on your cervix height, choose the right size of the menstrual cup.
- Never forget to sterilize the cup after your periods and don’t over boil as the cup may become thin.
How are menstrual cups better than pads or tampons?
Sanitary pads or sanitary napkins, tampons absorb the menstrual fluid. While in menstrual cups they collect the fluid that needs to be emptied. Tampons or pads may also absorb the necessary bacteria present.
Also, tampons dry the walls of the vagina. Menstrual cups are safer to use and do not dry the area. Moreover, on using tampons and pads, many people find irritation, rashes, and redness.
Menstrual cups are safe that you can stop worrying about the dryness, irritation, infection, and redness.
Types of Menstrual Cup
It is the bell-shaped cup made from latex or rubber or silicone material with a long stem or ring. They are used to collect the menstrual fluid. Also, they can be reused after a thorough cleaning.
They can be used for even two or more years once you sterilize them. The reusable menstruation cups online India are available in different sizes and depend upon the length of the cervix you have.
Reusable cups are folded in different techniques for easy insertion. They can be used for 12 long hours. For inserting the reusable cup, fold the cup and insert it into the vagina gently wait until it pops. Ensure that it is sealed to the vaginal walls. Once you feel you need to empty pinch the stem of the cup and remove it slowly.
Reusable cups are considered to be eco-friendly. Reusable cups can be used by any girl who has her periods on. Reusable cups come in different sizes and also have different stems like flat stems, round stems, ring stem, pointy stems, no stems, ball stems. The stem is used for easy grip. Any menstrual cup comes with a stem, base, body, suction hole, and a rim.
The disposable menstrual cup is like a diaphragm which is soft, flexible. It must be bend and inserted in the vagina to collect the fluid and cover the cervix. Upon inserting the cup it seals the base of the cervix and thus avoids leakage. A disposable cup can be used only once and must be disposed of properly.
Insertion of the disc will be difficult when compared to menstrual cups. Also, they are not eco-friendly. Every disposable cup lasts only for 12 hours, and after 12 hours they must be thrown away by emptying the fluid.
To insert the disc-shaped cup, you must pinch the flattened band at the center. Now push the disc gently into the vagina, ensuring it is behind the cervix and front part is tilted by sealing in a position.
While removing the disc, place your finger under the rim and pull it gently. Always ensure you sit parallel to the floor while removing the disc. Disposable cups are designed especially for women and not suited for teenagers.
Menstrual cups are available in different sizes like small, medium, and large. Generally, small and medium-sized cups are best for those who haven’t given birth through a vagina.
The large-sized cup is ideal for those who have given birth through the vagina. Choose the correct size as per your requirement. If you choose the wrong sized menstrual cup, then you may face leakage problems.
You can not go for a menstrual cup which looks flimsy as it won’t sustain for long-duration sometimes not even days. Any high-quality product will sustain for a long time, and you can reuse the menstrual cup for many years.
Every girl/woman may have light to normal to heavy menstrual flow. Menstrual flow matters if you have heavy flow then you can’t opt for a cup that is suitable for light flow. So opt the cup based on your menstrual flow. Also, heavy flow people need to empty their cup more than light and normal flow people.
Cervix height determines in choosing the right cup size. As the cervix height changes during the menstrual cycle. If the cervix does not reach out, then it sits high. So, you must choose a longer cup.
Otherwise, a cup of any length is idle for average cervix height. Here, you may reach out cervix, but it does not sit low. For low cervix, it is better to choose a shorter cup.
How sensitivity matters?
Any person allergic, prone to yeast infection and get rashes easily must choose the menstrual cup, which is free from a yeast infection, bacteria, rashes, dryness, irritation. So sensitive type people may end up with rash or irritation when a wrong menstrual cup is picked.
How vagina matter?
Vagina really matters as women who had given birth via vagina will have stretched out the vagina and hence they must choose large cups. Girls who haven’t given birth via vagina may either chose a small or medium-size cup.
How color matter?
We have plenty of options available nowadays. Your menstrual cup may be clear, blue, green, purple, pink, yellow, and even orange. Consider checking the dyes used are safe and food grade. A clear menstrual cup is more prone to stains rather than a colored cup. Also, the colored cup is more attractive than a clear cup.
The menstrual cup you are choosing must be easy to clean. Also, they must be easily sterilized, and in that process, it should not lose the texture. A properly cleaned menstrual cup is hygienic than a moderately cleaned cup. The more you maintain the number of years you can use.
Type of the stem matters when you are trying to insert and remove the menstrual cups. Few people feel discomfort with long stem cups, and eventually, they cut the stem and start using it.
Now, we have a wide variety of cups with different stem types. Like cup with bulb-shaped stem, long stem cup, short stem cup, ring stem, and even stemless cup. Choose as per your needs.
As the size of the cup differs, the capacity of the cup also differs. If you have a heavy menstrual flow, then you need a cup with a great capacity to prevent leakage or avoid spilling.
Otherwise, you have to keep on emptying the fluid very often. Hence, to avoid such conditions choosing a cup based on your menstrual flow is ideal. For light flow to normal flow, you need low capacity cups.
Though all the menstrual cups claim they are made from medical grade silicone yet very few are made out of medical-grade silicone. Medical grade silicone does not irritate or cause dryness.
It is better to choose the cup with high-quality medical-grade silicone. Also, few menstrual cups are made from rubber or latex. It is best to avoid if the menstrual cup is not medical grade.
15 Best Menstrual Cup
1. GynoCup Reusable Menstrual Cup for Women –
GynoCup takes away all your worries about the next period. With this reusable menstrual cup, you can wear your favourite white jeans without staining them.
The cup is highly comfortable and protects you from unwanted period odour. You can even do different sports activities while using this cup as it provides you with leak-proof protection.
- The menstrual cup is made from soft silicone that is skin-friendly
- It offers 12 hours of protection and has a capacity of 25ml
- It is highly sustainable as it can be used for ten years
- The cup is odourless and BPA free with no added chemicals and dyes.
- Using this cup will help you cover menstrual odours that might irritate you.
- The cup is easy to use as all you have to do fold and insert
- It is highly cost-effective as sanitary pads and tampons are expensive.
- After 12 hours, simply just remove and rinse the cup to use it again.
- The material does not cause any irritation, itchiness or dryness because of the soft material.
- No negative points were observed.
2. Pee Safe Reusable Menstrual Cup
The reusable menstrual cup by Pee Safe is made with 100 percent medical-grade silicone that is chemical-free and eco-friendly. This effective menstrual cup can collect up to 20 ml of blood. On average, a woman bleeds 20 ml in a day.
However, it is recommended to keep a check every 4-5 hours. Once inserted, the cup will pop open inside, thus giving you a leakproof experience for up to 12 hours.
The cup can be easily sterilized by putting it in a pot of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes, or you can also boil it in a microwave. The cup is FDA approved and has undergone SVHC and vaginal membrane irritation test. It is free from toxins and is ISO 13485 certified
- The menstrual cup comes in 3 sizes, extra small, small, and large and has dimensions 4.2 x 4.2 x 7 cm.
- It has low maintenance as one cup can last up to 5 years that can be washed and reused.
- It avoids rashes, menstrual odor, irritation, dryness, discomfort, or itching.
- The cup is made of various sections like rim, holes for releasing suction, volume marking, base, and stem with a round tip for easy removal.
- Very easy to use and economical.
- The material is flexible and hygienic.
- A great substitute for sanitary pads for the women who travel frequently.
- Easy to clean and carry as it comes with a pouch.
- The tail should have been longer for easy extraction.
3. Sirona Reusable Menstrual Cup For Women(Age Up-To 25 Years) – long-lasting
Sirona is a startup company that aims to solve women hygienic issues and intimate issues. All their products are well designed innovatively. Also, to satisfy customer needs. Their category of products includes intimate hygiene, travel hygiene, periods hygiene, general hygiene, and much more.
Sirona reusable menstrual cup is ideally designed to have a good capacity to hold the menstrual fluid. Easy to use, the long-lasting, economical cup is safe and convenient to use.
The soft texture of the silicone makes you feel soft inside. Also, the menstrual cup is odor-free, spill-free, leakage proof. Moreover, the reusable cups are eco-friendly.
- Sirona menstrual cup is available in three different sizes-small, medium, large. Small and medium-sized cups are used for below 25 years of age and who have not given birth to a child. While a large-sized cup is used for above 25 years and who have given birth
- The medical-grade silicone material is used for these cups. It is soft and flexible and helps in easy insertion
- Also, the cups are spill-proof and leakage proof. Moreover, it collects the blood perfectly
- They can be used for 12 hours. Also, the reusable menstrual cup is long-lasting
- The menstrual cup is safe to use and seals inside when it is inserted properly
- Sirona menstrual cups are ideal for regular periods, swimming, cycling, trekking, dancing and much more
- Odor-free, flexible and easy to use
- The product is worthy for money and affordable
- It is eco-friendly
- The menstrual cup is soft and has a long stem
- No huge difference between small and medium sizes
- Sometimes leakage is experienced
4. i-activ Reusable Menstrual Cup
i-active Reusable Menstrual Cups are made of 100% medical grade liquid silicone for soft and flexible material. It helps in enjoying pad-free periods with long hours of protection and reduced fear of staining.
This menstrual cup can be used overnight and provides leak proof experience.
It allows you to perform activities like running, cycling, yoga and gym sessions and can be worn while swimming as well.
- Ultra soft and flexible cups made of 100% medical grade liquid silicone
- Comes with a jute bag for safe storage until next use
- Provides protection for 8 to 10 hours
- Available in different sizes for choice depending on your flow and medical condition
- Helps enjoy pad-free periods with leak proof protection
- Reusable up to 10 years
- Protects skin against rashes and odour
- Allows performing activities like exercising, swimming and dancing.
- It has a unique design that creates airlock once inserted for complete protection
- Eliminates fear of staining
- No negative points observed
5. CULVERT Menstrual Cup
The CUPVERT reusable menstrual cup is available in small, medium, and large sizes that you can choose depending on your age and your menstrual flow.
It is economical and environment-friendly since reused for up to 10 years with proper care and cleaning. Once inserted, you are free to travel, dance, yoga, run, swim, sleep, and more without any hesitation.
The use of a menstrual cup is considered to be safe for women since it does not disturb the natural pH balance of the body.
- It is made of high-quality medical-grade silicone that is safe for internal use.
- It is leak and spill-proof and gives you up to 8-10 hours of protection
- It is rash-free and does not cause irritation, dryness, or menstrual odor.
- Superior material quality
- Easy to use and hassle-free since it does not need frequent changes like tampons or sanitary pads.
- Easy to carry due to its small size.
- The rim is too thick.
6. WOW Freedom Reusable Menstrual Cup and Wash(Above 30 Years) – Our best pick
WOW is Bangalore based company that has premium quality products. Their products use bio-active ingredients rather than artificial chemicals. Their category of products includes haircare, skincare, nutrition, bath, and body. All their products are natural, pure, healthy, and also easy to use for daily routine.
The premium menstrual cup and wash are comfortable to use. It is odor-free, watertight, sanitary, and safe to use. The menstrual cup comes in a purple color and is eco-friendly.
The wash includes anti-fungal tea tree oil and used as a cleaning agent for a menstrual cup. This menstrual cup can be used for 12 hours and clean it and use it again.
- WOW freedom menstrual cup comes with Freedom Wash used for cleansing
- The menstrual cup is chemical-free, eco-friendly and also reusable
- Also, the product meets environment standards
- It is safe, convenient to use and is made from medical silicone grade
- The Freedom wash is free from sulfate, paraben and contains anti-fungal tea tree oil
- Moreover, the menstrual cup helps in maintaining pH balance
- No irritation or dryness
- Cup is soft, flexible and easy to insert
- Many users stated that it is simple to remove
- Ideal for beginners
- The cup won’t pop easily after insertion
- The stem is too long
7. SanNap Reusable Menstrual Cup with Medical Grade Silicone – Soft rim and budget-friendly
SanNap is an Indian startup company with a mother and daughter being the founders. Their aim is to provide innovative products to women as well as babies for good hygiene. Their products are free from toxins. Category of their products includes feminine care and baby care. All products are designed by understanding the needs of women.
SanNap reusable menstrual cup is made from Medical Grade silicone and is FDA approved. The cup comes with soft rim for easy insertion. It is safe, comfortable to use. The leak-resistant cup can be used for 8 to 12 hours. Also, the product comes with an instruction manual. Moreover, it is available in three different sizes.
- The menstrual cup is available in three different sizes-small, medium, and large. Small and medium for those who haven’t vaginal delivery and large for women who had a vaginal delivery
- Spill-proof and leakage proof reusable cup is safe to use and can be sterilized
- The cup is made from medical grade dyes and silicone
- Also, the reusable cup has a soft rim for easy insertion
- A soft velvet pouch is provided along with the cup for easy storage
- Good quality
- Easy to insert
- Has strong suction
- Hassle-free removal
- The size of the stem is short
8. LADY GO Reusable Menstrual Cup – leakproof
Lady go reusable menstrual cup is certified by India, Europe, USA, and Switzerland. This cup is made from high-quality medical-grade silicone. The reusable menstrual cup is available in two different sizes.
Also, the company claims that the product can be used for ten long years only if it is maintained properly. Moreover, the menstrual cup is eco-friendly.
- Lady go menstrual cup comes with an instruction guide, carry container, satin pouch
- The menstrual cup comes in two different sizes small and large. The material used is medical grade silicone
- Active model – for women who are swimming, cycling, performing yoga, and few athletic activities. The color of the cup in this model is purple, and it is medium-hard
- Standard Model – for women who indulge in less physical activity. The color of the cup is pink, and it is medium soft
- The leakproof reusable cup can be chosen as per the vaginal birth, age and physical activities
- Comfortable and convenient to use
- Easy to carry and budget-friendly
- Quality of the cup is good
- It is available in different sizes
- No negative points found.
9. Mark Louis Aneer Cup Reusable Menstrual Cup – Best Grip
Mark Louis provides a wide range of products like a menstrual cup, disposable urination devices, castor oil neem oil, rose water, and much more.
The Mark Louis Aneer cup is for personal safety and hygiene products that can not be exchanged or returned. If the person has any kind of gynecological problems consult a doctor or physician before using the menstrual cup. The cup is made from high-quality materials and is in pink color. Safe to use and is reusable.
- The cup is available in three sizes-small, medium, and large. Small/medium ideal for women who are under 30 or not given birth. Also, who are with small built. For women who have given birth either normal or c-section can opt for large size.
- The menstrual silky cup comes with a pouch and is provided in a cartoon box that has instructions over it.
- Moreover, the cup is easy to wash and can be used for five years
- It is a complete budget-friendly product
- Even after using it several times, the cup is in perfect shape
- Stem provides good grip
- The menstrual silky cup is ideal for all kinds of sports and while traveling
- Users have stated that the fabric is hard and not comfortable.
10. MediTechk Women’s Reusable Soft Menstrual Cup by Priish™ – FDA approved
MediTechk reusable women’s menstrual cup is made from medical grade silica. It is a highly recommended product for its quality. Also, the reusable cup is soft, safe to use. Now you can be free from dryness and irritation. Moreover, the cup comes with a pouch for easy storage.
- The reusable menstrual cup is available in three different sizes-small, medium and large. Small and medium are ideal for women aged below 25 years and have not given birth. While large is ideal for women aged above 25 years and have given birth
- The cup is made from medical grade silica gel and is non-toxic, non-allergic, hypo-allergenic. Also, it is safe to use
- Moreover, it can be worn even when your swimming and other activities
- Odor-free and leak proof
- Insertion and removal of the cup is easy
- Good capacity to hold the liquid
- The cup is not very soft
11. Lunette Menstrual Cup – Imported
Lunette was started by Heli Kurjanen with an improved design of a menstrual cup. The aim was to provide safe periods, leakproof periods, easy to use menstrual cups and education.
Their products include menstrual cup, cup cleanser, satin pouch, wooden necklace, therapeutic oil, and wooden earrings. The product was first started in Finland, and soon it spread all over the world.
The reusable menstrual cup is safe to use and made from medical grade silicone. The cup has holes near the rim for proper suction. The eco-friendly cup is free from a yeast infection, odor, and bacteria. Based on your flow you have the freedom of choosing the desired cup.
- Lunette cup is available in various colors and different sizes. The capacity of the small cup is 25 ml which can be used for light to normal flow and is made from soft silicone. While 30 ml capacity cup can be used for normal to heavy flow and is made from firm silicone
- Also, the cup is hygienic and safe to use
- It comes with a pouch for storing the cup
- Free from bacteria, yeast infection, and odor
- Eco-friendly, easy to use, comfortable product
- Good suction feature
- Sustains heavy flow
- The material of the cup is very thick
12. Safecup Menstrual cups – Short stem
Safecup Menstrual cup is the product of Real Relief. It is an Indian company and the product is made in the USA. Their products are designed with new technology and provide a new solution. Real Relief aims to ensure good health and hygiene to women. Their products include a safe pad, super towels, fire extinguishers, and much more.
Safecup menstrual cup is available in three different sizes and has a small stem. It is the USA FDA approved product and can be used for five long years on proper maintenance. The rim is specially designed to have a good grip and also avoid a spill. No dyes are included to change the color of silicone.
- Safecup menstrual cup is made from medical grade silicone, and no dyes are added. So, the cup looks plain white
- It has a shorter stem and is good especially for those who hate long stem cups
- The product comes with a breathable bag for storing the cup easily
- It comes with a breathable bag.
- Also, the rim of the cup is designed specially to fit properly and avoid leakage or spill
- Moreover, the product comes with a one-year warranty
- Dye-free cup
- Quality of the product is good
- Hassle-free insertion and removal
- Comfortable, safe to use
- Price of the product is high when compared to other products
13. Shecup C Soft Menstrual Cup – Bulb shaped stem
Shecup was established in 2009 and is a social enterprise working in the health care domain. They provide awareness and educational programs to girls and women. They mainly deal with menstrual health management and provide awareness about cervical cancer. Shecup menstrual cup is tested and certified by Bee Pharma Labs Pvt. Ltd.
Shecup has two different menstrual cups; one is a C cup, and the other is an L cup. The C cup is in standard size but has a small stem while the L cup has a long stem. It is a certified product and safe to use. The product comes in a breathable bag. Moreover, it is convenient to use.
- Shecup menstrual cup comes with wipes, khadi pouch, and instruction manual
- The stem of the Shecup is bulb-shaped
- It is made from high-quality silicone
- It is a certified product and safe to use.
- The menstrual cup is made from non-allergic silicone
- Easy to wear and remove
- Odor-free and rash free
- Many users have stated that it is very comfortable
- Perfect sealing of the cup to the walls
- Holes are placed below secondary rim that indirectly reduces the capacity of the fluid it holds
14. Stonesoup Wings Menstrual Cup – Stemless
Stonesoup is Banglore based company and aims to provide a hassle-free solution to customers. All their products are made in India. A list of their products includes menstrual cups, pads, cloth bags, personal care, and much more.
Stonesoup wings menstrual cups are easy-to-use and do not have a stem. They are made from medical grade silicone. It is available in a standard size. The product comes in a breathable bag and tin container. The stemless design provides no irritation. The body of the cup is soft while the rim is firm for easy insertion.
- The reusable menstrual cup is U shaped and has a stemless design
- The capacity of the cup is good, and it is leakproof
- Wings menstrual cup comes with holes to fit properly
- Easy to insert and remove
- Wings menstrual cups are ideal for people with medium to heavy flow and to those who have medium physical activity
- The cup is flexible and soft
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Many users have appreciated its quality
- Ideal for those who are not comfortable with the stem of the menstrual cup
- The rim of the cup is hard
15. Everteen 12 hours Leak-Proof Protection Menstrual Cup – Rash free
Everteen products are paraben-free, sulfate-free and have GMP certification. Also, approved by the FDA. Their product claims to be safe and efficient. List of their products includes vaginal tightening gel, intimate wash, hair removal cream and much more. They provide the best intimate care products.
Everteen menstrual cup comes with storage pouch. It is available in two sizes small and large. The small cup has 23ml capacity while large cup has a 30ml capacity. Now, you can be free from rashes, infection, and irritation.
- Odorless, irritation-free, rash-free
- The cup can be reused for ten long years
- A leakproof reusable menstrual cup can be used for 8 to 12 hours
- Holes are provided for suction seal and fit properly
- Has a strong enough seal so that the liquid doesn’t leak
- It is flexible, and the quality of the product is good
- Many users found it comfortable
- Too soft and difficult in pop
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How far in should my menstrual cup go?
It should not sit over the opening of the cervix and must sit low in the vagina. You must easily pinch the tip of the stem while removing it.
2. Can I wear a menstrual cup before my period starts?
Yes, when you know your period starts after a few hours and you are traveling. Also, when you feel that you have no possibility of using the washroom for long hours and your period may turn any time on.
3. Can you get toxic shock syndrome using a menstrual cup?
TSS is caused by bacteria when tampoons or menstrual cups are placed in, it blocks the air. Studies say that there is a possibility. However, we advise you to sterilize the cup when you are using the same cup for another time. Also, you must wash the menstrual cup thoroughly.
4. Are menstrual cups comfortable?
Yes, they are comfortable when compared to tampons or pads. One must know to insert properly, gently without hurting. Menstrual cups avoid discomfort caused by tampons or pads. Also, they are easy to use. Simply insert it into the vagina.
5. Can I use menstrual cups while sleeping?
Yes, of course, you can use the menstrual cup while sleeping. Ensure you use high capacity cups rather than low capacity cups depending on the duration you sleep.
6. On average how much does menstrual cup holds?
It purely depends on the size of the cup. On average a female has 30 to 60 ml of menstrual fluid per cycle. So, on average a menstrual cup holds somewhere around 25ml.
7. When to replace the menstrual cup?
Few menstrual cups are required to be replaced in one year few two years and few brands suggest replacing for five years. apart from this replace your menstrual cup when you feel it is damaged, feel sticky. Also, replace your cup when you find the color change of the cup or it has any split.
8. What are the pros and cons of using a menstrual cup?
- They can be used for longer duration times even at night.
- Menstrual cups are eco-friendly and also less landfill waste.
- You can also reuse the cup for many years. The only thing you have to do is clean it properly.
- Also, it can hold more amount of discharge fluid when compared to pads and tampons.
- Moreover, they are odor-free and safe to use.
- Removing the cup and cleaning the cup maybe sometimes messy.
- Menstrual cups are found in different sizes, and finding the perfect size may become a difficult task.
- Also, some feel difficulty in inserting and removing the cup
9. When or who should not use a menstrual cup?
Though the menstrual cup has some benefits, yet few people must not use them. Here, we list a few conditions where you must avoid using a menstrual cup.
Many doctors advise not to use menstrual cups soon after pregnancy or just when you have delivered a baby. Post-delivery your body will be in the recovering state, and also it will be sensitive. So, you must wait till your doctor allows you to use the cup.
Though medical grade silicone is used for a menstrual cup, some women are sensitive to silicone and rubber kind of materials. So, strict no to them.
Never wear a menstrual cup when you have a yeast infection though many argue that the menstrual cup is safe and does not promote yeast infection.
Now, that you are reading the end of the article we hope the information provided is clear. If you want to buy any menstrual cup, you need to click on the link mentioned along with the product. We have chosen WOW Freedom Reusable Menstrual Cup as the best pick. For soft rim menstrual cup chose SapNap menstrual cup.