Best Measuring Cups
A precisely cooked meal requires precisely measured ingredients. It’s challenging to use the perfect amount of ingredients, neither more nor less than the required quantity. The right amounts of ingredients impart the perfect and authentic flavours to your meals.
Our grannies used to have calibrated measurements programmed into their hands and fingers, mastered by years of experience. However, you need not wait for years to perfect the art of measuring as you can use measuring cups in your kitchen.
A set of well-designed measuring cups is essential for preparing dishes on a large scale. These cups come in very handy during certain cooking procedures like baking. The measuring cups are used for measuring both dry and liquid ingredients.
In this article, you will read about measuring tools used in the kitchen, what to look for before buying any kitchen measuring tool, FAQ’S, and a list of our favourite measuring tools.
Top 7 Measuring Cups in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
For larger requirements
Easy storing & Stackable unavailable
Measures any liquid ingredient
Measuring Tools Used in the Kitchen
Just a measuring cup cannot do all the jobs in the kitchen. There are other kitchens measuring tools that help us keep track of whatever we add and what amount. Other tools which are used in the kitchen for measuring ingredients are:
Measuring cups are used to measure ingredients that can be both liquids and dry but in a larger amount than which could be done through measuring spoons. The things which could be measured are flour, sugar, water, milk, etc.
Measuring spoons also suffice almost the same jobs as the former. The only difference is that the quantity which could be done at a time is lesser.
Measuring jars are used in cases when we are cooking something large in amount.
A thermometer becomes helpful mostly in the case of hot food items. Whenever we fry certain items, the temperature should be exact and something below or beyond it can ruin the taste of our food and would never produce a good output.
A weighing scale is usually used during baking or whenever we are cooking on a larger scale. It is not feasible that you keep on measuring with a smaller cup or jar. So instead, we use the weighing scale for our ingredients and cook accordingly.
Most of the sets have 4-8 cups that come together. Each of them differs in size. So according to your requirement, you should buy the product which matches your capacity requirement.
If you have a bigger like you wish to use it in a restaurant, it is better to buy larger cups in capacity.
The measuring cups are mostly made from plastic, ceramic, glass and stainless steel. If you want to measure liquid ingredients, it is preferable to choose either plastic or glass material because it is easy to look through.
The measurements marked on your cups should be precise and perfect so that the addition of ingredients extra/less does not ruin your food taste.
It usually happens that the markings become faded after some use and washing. Always make sure that this is not the case because otherwise, you will not be able to use it accurately.
It is a very tough job to figure out which is the right material to go for. Some of them get ruined only after using it for little time. Users should take care while selecting the right cups.
Easy to use
Measuring cups should be easy to use and provide the best outcome. The marking should be precise and perfect for measuring equal measurements.
It becomes difficult for us to store our cups after use. So it is better to buy cups which can be stored easily even after use for convenience.
Make sure you buy a product that is easy to clean. At times, plastic cups get difficult to wash as the stickiness of liquid ingredients remains on the surface.
Always set a budget for your product and buy according to it.
1. Family Plastics Measuring Cup Set
If someday you plan to have a get together at your home and there must be proper food arrangement, you probably need a larger measuring cup for measurement, which would save your time and effort.
This option would be available for you if you plan to buy Family Plastics – Measuring Cup Set – 1500ml, 1000ml, 500ml, set of 3 cups. These are large enough to suffice your dinner during a big party or at a restaurant.
- The plastic measuring cups are easy to maintain and does not need any extra attention or care while handling them
- The measurements are carved on the body so that it does not wear off easily with use
- The set contains cups of 500ml, 1000ml, 500ml
- The body is transparent for precise measurements
- There are separate measurements for liquids, grains, rice, etc
- It is durable and affordable
- It sometimes happens that the handles break easily when you are carrying a heavier item. These products come along with a strong handle that is capable enough to carry heavier ingredients as well
- The measurement markings are designed in such a way that it never fades
- No negative points observed so far
2. Millor Measuring Cups
Millor baking measurement set is an assortment of differently sized measuring cups and spoons that provide great utility in the kitchen. It is handy for baking activities that need exact measurements.
- This measurement set comprises 4 measuring cups and 4 measuring spoons in graduated sizes
- The measuring cups and spoons come in black colour
- These measuring cups and spoons are prepared from the melamine material
- These are high-quality measurement cups and spoons that ensure long-lasting usage
- With these measurement cups and spoons, you can enjoy baking cakes and pastries by measuring precise amounts of ingredients
- The handles of these measuring cups and spoons show the measurement printed over it such as ¼ tsp, ½ tsp, 2/3 tsp, etc
- Using this measurement set helps in following recipes from cooking books or cooking video tutorials
- This measurement set of cups and spoons are designed for both right-hand use and left-hand use
- It is ideally suitable for beginners as well as professional cooks
- These cups and spoons are easy to store on your kitchen shelf as they can be stacked over each other reducing storage space
- All the cups and spoons are held together using a ring
- These are easy to wash, and the cups are suitable for measuring the right quantities of flour, pulses, rice, etc
- It gives you the flexibility of using a wide range of cups and spoons as per your requirement
- No negative points were observed so far
3. Amazon Brand Solimo Measuring Cup Set
The products which you buy should be durable and stay for longer use.
Amazon Brand – Solimo 4-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cup Set serves the purpose because of its stainless steel material that is a better option whenever you wish to buy a product.
Let us look at the features of this product.
- The high-quality stainless steel product is durable and can stay for longer use. Its rust-free feature prevents it from wearing off easily
- It comes as a set of 4 measuring cups with varying capacities – 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup
- The nylon grips on the handle allow you to handle them easily without getting spilt
- They are easy to wash after use
- It is ideal for measuring the right quantity of ingredients such as sugar, flour, rice, etc
- The ring provided with the handles allows them to stick together easily
- It can be stacked over one another decreasing the need for more space to store them
- No negative points observed so far
4. Homepixi Measuring Cup Set
For those who love cooking and consider themselves master chefs, the Homepixi Stainless Steel Stackable Measuring Cup Set (Set of 7) should be a must-kit in your kitchen.
With varying sizes, each of them can be used to measure ingredients and help you to ease your workload. Let us look at the other features of this product.
- The stainless steel product is of premium quality and suffices your every measuring needs in the kitchen
- Due to its wide mouth, it can be stacked over each other reducing the space needed for them to be stored
- A D-ring which comes along with these cups allows them to be stored together in your cabinet, cupboard or drawer
- The handles of each cup have a thumb impression void, which gives a perfect grip while handling them
- The measuring cups have a capacity of a 1/8 cup, ¼ cup, 1/3 cup, ½ cup, 2/3 cup, ¾ cup, and 1 cup
- Due to its flat base bottom, while measuring ingredients, you can easily place them on the table without worrying them toppling down
- Due to its wide-open mouth, a large number of ingredients can be taken out in one go easing your job
- It comes with the engraved markings, which makes it fade-proof
- It comes with a years warranty
- The cups can be easily washed after your use. This is a perfect gift for those who love cooking and baking
- The markings on the body are accurate
- The polished design provides them with a premium look
- No negative points observed so far
5. Zenshop Measuring Glass
Plastic measuring cups are indeed a better option for the users to measure liquid ingredients as we can easily see through it and match the measurements marked outside the cup.
ZenShop Plastic Measuring Glass fulfils your desires in the kitchen and helps you to produce a better result.
- This measuring cup is made up of plastic material so that you can easily see through the body
- The measurements are marked clearly on the body in grams, litres, and ounces
- The quality of the product is decent, and glass does not wobble on the surface
- It is suitable for measuring solid as well as liquid ingredients and thus, making it a versatile product
- The measuring cup is easily washable and re-usable
- The measurements marked on the body are precise
- The markings cannot be seen clearly
6. Bridge2shopping Measuring Cup
Bridge2shopping Plastic Measuring Cup has a maximum capacity of 1000 ml, and the measurements marked on them clearly for easy reading.
The lightweight product is one of the preferable choices for users.
- The product is designed and made using virgin plastic material
- It is capable of measuring up to 1000 ml of liquid ingredients easily
- The lightweight product is so easy to handle and weighs just 90 grams
- Due to its transparent body, it is very easy to look through it and match the measurements engraved on the cups’ body.
- For easy handling, it comes along with handles so that it can be lifted easily
- The manufacturers have raised graduation so that you can read the measurements very easily
- Scratches develop on the body after using it for sometimes
7. Decorcrafts Measuring Cup
The glass body measuring cup allows you to easily measure the liquid ingredients without any issue. Along with that, the measurements that are marked on the body help you easily figure out the exact measurements.
Decorcrafts Measuring Cup Baking Cups Liquid Measuring10ml – 50ml capacity comes in a set of two cups that offer better features and makes it a preferable choice.
- The glass body can be used mostly for liquid ingredients
- The exact measurements are marked on the body
- The measurements on the body do not wear off or come off like the other ones
- It can be easily washed after use
- Due to the glass body, proper care should be taken while handling them
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between dry and liquid measuring cups?
Dry measuring cups can come in plastic, stainless steel or even nylon. They are used to measure flour, sugar, pulses, etc. To measure something, you can scoop it up and then scrape off the extra with a knife.
Liquid measuring cups are either made up of glass or plastic so that you can see through them easily. To measure a liquid simply pour it into the measuring cup and keep an eye on the marking to get exactly how much you want.
2. What are the sizes of measuring cups?
The sizes in which measuring cups are available in 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 2/3, 3/4 and 1 cup measurements.
3. How should I take care of my measuring cups?
Everyone can easily maintain measuring cups. Measuring cups like plastic cups are often difficult to be cleaned after using it for measuring liquids. This is due to the stickiness of the liquid.
It is advisable to use a strong dishwasher to remove all the stickiness and odour from the plastic. Always place the measuring cups in a safe place and always clean them before and after using them.
4. Which one is better – stainless steel or plastic?
We sometimes become confused about what material we should buy. Both of them have their pros and cons.
Stainless steel material can be used in almost all the ingredients. But these are not appropriate for measuring liquid ingredients as we cannot see through them.
Plastic cups can be used to measure liquid ingredients as well. But the con of this side is, they cannot be easily washed as they produce a hazy texture over the surface after use.
Stainless steel cups are easy to maintain, durable and stays longer. While plastic cups wear off easily after time, so, overall, we can find that stainless steel cups are slightly better than the plastic ones.
Measuring cups are immensely useful in churning out the perfectly flavoured dishes. This helps add the exact quantities of sugar, salt, spices, preservatives, oils, or other ingredients.
Our top picks include Family Plastics measuring cups, Millor measuring cups, Amazon Brand Solimo measuring cup setandBridge2shopping measuring cup.
We all know how an extra pinch of salt can spoil the taste of the entire meal. Our kitchen is nothing short of a chemistry lab and preparing a meal using ingredients is similar to conducting experiments with chemical compounds.
Hence, a proper set of measuring cups is an essential kitchen accessory for cooking meals successfully always. It’s crucial to mix the ingredients in exact amounts to obtain the desired outcome in terms of the meal’s taste, texture, aroma, colour, or consistency.
These measuring cups empower you with convenient and improved culinary skills for creating delectable and scrumptious recipes.