Best Lint Remover For Clothes
Lint refers to those tiny little fibers that come loose and stick to your clothes. For example, bits of wool may occasionally come off your sweater and still stick to the sleeves. This happens mostly during the washing and drying of the clothes.
Whenever you wash clothes, the water used normally lifts the dirt and lint off, although, in some instances, the lint will just stick on the clothes when they are wet. This happens more often than you think, and it is a problem for most people.
But do not worry, there are hundreds of lint removers in the market right now, but picking the right one can be a little bit difficult.
Top 7 Lint Removers in India
Types of Lint
Depending on the location of its origin, the lint can be categorized as dryer lint, navel lint, and pocket lint.
When you dry your clothes in a clothes dryer, it leads to the generation of lint on a dryer screen. It is known as dryer lint.
It is mandatory to clean the lint filters in the clothes dryer regularly for ensuring the safety and energy efficiency of your dryer.
Navel Lint/Belly Button Lint
You would have observed your navel or belly button stuffed with fluffy fibers at the end or beginning of the day. This collection of the fluffy fibers in your belly button is navel lint.
The fibers of your clothing get rubbed against your body hair. This builds up static electricity and results in the accumulation of clothing fibers and dead skin cells in the navel cavity.
Are you aware that your shirt or trouser pocket contains small shreds of paper, bits of fabric, tissues, etc? This debris of your pocket is referred to as pocket lint.
It may result due to shredding of pocket lining or its contents while running your clothes multiple times in a washing machine.
Types of Lint Remover
An ideal lint remover should be able to remove pet hair, lint, fuzz from your clothing conveniently and effectively.
Depending on their mode of action, the lint removers can be categorized into electric lint remover, lint rollers, fuzz shavers, and lint brushes.
Electric Lint Remover
An electric lint remover works similarly to an electric shaver. It is a hand-held device that is operated by batteries.
It features a concealed blade that is designed to pick the hair, fuzz, lint, and pill from your dresses.
The electric lint removers provide fast and efficient lint removal. These are equipped with different blade sizes and allow you to operate the lint remover at various speeds.
These are widely used for removing lint from woollen, cotton, or linen clothes.
The lint rollers have a one-sided sticky paper wrapped on a plastic or cardboard barrel. This structure is mounted on a central spindle and features an attached handle for convenient handling.
When this roller is rolled over your clothing, linen, or upholstery, it easily picks up the fuzz, lint, and hair.
A fuzz shaver is equipped with a precision copper blade and tooth cutter for lifting and removing the lint, fuzz, or hair.
It is a lightweight and hand-held device that promises convenient lint removal tasks.
The fuzz shaver removes the fuzz and pills without causing any damage to the underlying fabric. It can be used on different fabric surfaces like curtains, carpets, beddings, etc.
A lint brush is ergonomically designed for providing a comfortable grip and effortless usage during long periods of lint removing sessions.
It easily fits in your palms and delivers effective lint-removing results.
It can be used for removing lint on various surfaces like clothes, upholstery, furniture, comforter, etc.
Easy to Use
The lint remover should be easy for you to use and clean afterwards. Because they come with small brushes used to remove the lint over and over again, these blades and inner parts should be easy to clean.
Storage of Debris
If it is an electric or battery lint remover, the excess lint needs to have a place to go once removed for it to work its magic. The larger the container is, the longer it shall take you to remove the lint before having to go to the trash.
Because some garments usually take longer than others to clean up, then it is good to have a lint remover that is comfortable on your hand. It should have an ergonomic handle that will not cause you to have any aches.
The biggest complaint that comes from people who use electronic lint removers is usually the fact that they can snag your garment’s fabric time and again. This means that you will have to do some repair work on your clothes.
A good lint remover should offer protection for your clothes and not have any snagging qualities. But just to be safe, keep the fabric flat while you remove the lint and not brush using the corner part of the remover.
When it comes to removing lint, you will find that most of the market products are not budget-conscious, and as such, it is wise to find one that can work on almost all clothing at the same time.
Top 7 Lint Remover
1. Philips GCO26/30 Lint Remover –
This lint remover from Philips is ideal for blankets, woollen sweaters, and jackets. Of course, you can never go wrong with Philips, as this is a well-known and trusted company for electronic products.
- This is a highly versatile lint remover that is ideal for removing fuzz, fluff and bobbles from all types of fabrics.
- It will help you restore your clothes to a fresh new look that doesn’t contain any lint.
- This lint remover works extremely fast. It works at 8800 rounds per minute on the blade rotation, and this is very fast; plus, it is effective in removing all types of lint.
- It comes with three different sized holes on the mesh, which helps tackle all sorts of pills on your garments.
- It is fast, which helps in saving time and efforts
- It comes with a large blade for covering large areas.
- It is highly compact.
- The shaver is delicate and must be used with care.
2. Stush Clothes Lint Remover –
This excellent lint remover from Stush is made with an extra sticky adhesive that is easy to use on clothes and can also handle pet hair on your sofa. This is a highly compact and effective lint remover that you can use anytime, anywhere.
- This lint remover can be used to remove all sorts of dirt, including pet hair that likes to cling on sofas. The brush roller will remove fur and work on your clothes and bedsheets while picking up any dog or cat food.
- The lint rollers come with a perfect bright cover that can store the rollers adhesive, so it doesn’t attract any dust when you are storing it. It also makes it easy for you to carry it around whenever you are travelling.
- You do not have to keep rolling back and forth, and in fact, just one swap will make your clothes look sparkling new all over again. The lint rollers can be used on cotton fabric and all other types of clothes, including dark-coloured suits and pants for joggers.
- The pack will give you a pack of 60 sheets, a total of 240 sheets, which will last you a very long time.
- It is very easy to use.
- This pack is extremely economical and runs for a long time.
- It can be used to remove pet hairs as well.
- The stickiness doesn’t last too long
3. Infinity Electric Lint Remover Machine –
This Nova electric high powered electric lint remover is ideal for woollen sweaters. It has a voltage of between 110 and 220 for easy removal of lint.
- It is fast and efficient and works fast to clear all lint from your woollen sweaters. It’s high electric revolving speed enhances the speed of operation.
- It runs through an inbuilt battery as well and comes with a corded wire. This means that you can use it both with electricity and batteries, depending on the situation at hand.
- The design is not only beautiful but also smart. It has a large and detachable shaving head with an extremely comfortable grip. This grip enables you to use this machine easily and effectively without any discomfort to your hands.
- It comes with adjustable height spacers for your garments. This ensures that they do not get snagged, caught or cut while you remove the lint.
- Easy to use
- The design protects your hands from touching the shaver foil accidentally.
- A cleaning brush is also included in the package, which you can use to clean the lint remover after use.
- Ideal for woollen sweaters.
- Less battery backup.
4. Royalkart Lint Remover –
If you have a pet at home and are worried about your furniture and clothes’ constant lint, try this lint remover from Royalkart. It works great for your clothes and your furniture as well. Its compact size makes it a travel-friendly option as well.
- The package contains one lint roller with 60 sheets, with three refills for each sheet, making it 240 sheets. You can use this for a long time.
- It also has an extremely useful cover for ensuring that the lint remover doesn’t attract any dust that will stick to it and damage your clothes.
- The handle is perfectly designed ergonomically to help you maintain a firm grip comfortably without any stress.
- The lint remover works great when you roll it against the lint on your clothes. It is dust-free and will ensure that your clothes are left as good as new.
- It removes lint on clothes and works great on kitchen counters, car interiors and furniture as well.
- The paper is made of special material that can clean all diet types, including fabric, thin hair, bedding products, etc.
- This roller will also get rid of glitter from all surfaces. The roller has got a special adhesive that is extremely mild, and when you roll it on the glittered surface, it shall get rid of it as well.
- It may wear out too fast if not taken care of.
5. Azacus Electric Lint Remover –
This lint remover from Azacus is ideal for removing all sorts of stuff from your fabrics, such as pills, balls, lint and bubbles. It is also super easy and quick to use, and all you have to do is plug the device in and gently run it all over your clothes.
- This lint remover is extremely easy to use, and all you have to do is run it over your clothes, and it will get rid of all sorts of fuzz, lint, or burr.
- Once done, it shall restore your fabrics and clothes to their original fresh look.
- The mesh comes in three-hole sizes to help deal with all types of pills and lint from the fabrics.
- It has a honeycomb grid design with a stainless-steel head that is both big enough with small holes specially designed to remove all types of balls smoothly and quickly.
- The holes also help protect your hands from getting in touch with the blades, so you are safe.
- You don’t need batteries to use the device as it is electrically operated. It comes with a plug that you need to connect to the electric outlet for excellent results.
- Safe for your hands
- Ideal for all sorts of fabrics
- It is not battery operated
6. Personic Rechargeable Lint Remover –
This advanced lint remover from Personic can be used on clothes, sofa, carpets, and all types of clothes.
It is designed to make your clothes go back to their original almost new look. It has a very sleek and elegant look which gives a premium feel.
- The machine is rechargeable using a USB battery, giving you at least 60 minutes of use. Being compact also comes in handy for your daily use and travelling.
- It has a built-in and premium ABS material that makes it advanced in suctioning the lint and dirt. It is also easy to hold and use for a long.
- It comes with six floating stainless steel blades that will remove pills, lint, fuzz, and bubbles of all types.
- It is very easy to use
- The three adjustable heads and two shaving speeds and extremely reliable and fast-acting.
- It can be used on many products making it highly versatile.
- It is quite costly
7. Nyrwana Delivering Smiles Plastic Lint Remover –
If you like to remove even the smallest of the lint, check out Nyrwana plastic lint remover. This company is offering a Lint remover that comes with good stickiness, a strong adhesive and ease of use to remove all sorts of dirt and lint from your clothes.
- It is made of a strong adhesive and good stickiness that will get rid of all hairs, lint and dust from your clothes.
- The handle is made well to ensure that you do not have trouble working with the lint remover daily.
- This is a good and simple process of lint removal. It will work well with your clothes, and things such as lint and dirt shall be a thing of the past.
- It has an ergonomic design, which makes it easy to use
- It is strong and durable and will work for a long time
- The roll comes off sometimes
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Lint?
Lint refers to those tiny little fibers on your clothes that come loose and stick to your clothes. For example, bits of wool may occasionally come off your sweater and still stick to the sleeves. This happens mostly during the washing and drying of the clothes.
2. How do you remove lint from clothes?
To remove lint, you shall need to have a lint brush because clothes do not look good when covered in lint. Here’s the procedure;
- Start by making the cloth wet by using a little water.
- Using a lint brush, rub the cloth all over while barely touching it. This will remove all of the big pieces of lint on the cloth.
- If you want to clean the lint brush, you can wrap some masking tape on your fingers and then press down with the lint brush so you can remove all the extra lint. This will also lift off the debris.
- Continue doing this till the brush is clean.
3. Are Lint rollers bad for clothes?
Well, there are some ongoing discussions that they may not be the best option and may end up damaging your clothes, mostly due to the adhesive residue that comes from the sticky paper. This usually transfers to the fabric, and it is not good for it.
But, it is the best solution to lint, and even with the discussions, people still use lint removers to remove lint from clothes.
4. Can you keep lint from your black clothes?
Yes. It’s possible, but it could be way too much work. First of all, you would need to hand wash all of your black items because the washer and dryer are usually the biggest causes of lint. Hand washing gets rid of the risk of lint.
Another option would be to use dryer sheets when you are washing blacks. These dryer sheets help prevent the clothes from gathering any lint, and hence you will have to include them at all times.
You could also use anti-static spray, which comes in handy whenever the blacks seem like they are attractive any lint.
Lint always looks horrible on clothes, and choosing the best lint remover will make the difference between having lint filled clothes and clothes that do not have any lint. Our buying guide above should also help you when choosing the right product to use on your clothes.
Choose wisely if you value your clothes and if you wish to always look smart and professional, especially when going to the office, using a lint remover is always a good idea. To help you make the right choice, here are our top picks Philips GCO26/30 Lint Remover, Stush Clothes Lint Remover and Royalkart Lint Remover.