Best Kids Sleeping Bags
A night under stars will not only make your kids happy but also allow them to make memories that will last a lifetime. Kids love an adventurous weekend where the whole family goes camping. Being close to nature will help them identify new things in life.
But to enjoy any camping weekend, a few things like a camping backpack and a sleeping bag is a must. While most adults can adjust to the surroundings, kids need their soft bedding to fall asleep.
Choosing a sleeping bag for kids is not easy; its fabric and comfort play an important role. A good quality sleeping bag will be useful during camping and any travelling so that the kid can sleep peacefully.
If your kid loves movies night or night over at a friend’s house, go for children’s indoor sleeping bags as they are convenient to travel with.
Top 7 Sleeping bags for Kids in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best for carrying babies
Best non-toxic sleeping bags
Lightweight and portable
Soft and Skin-friendly
Value for Money
Best for Infants
Baby sleeping bags and the best insulation materials
The insulating material should be carefully noted while purchasing any kids sleeping bag. Here are some materials for an insulator
The cotton material is considered an inferior sleeping bag insulator, among other sleeping bag insulators. This is because it performs poorly when wet. It is also bulky and a bit heavy.
Cotton types of insulators are known to be a cheap source.
- Down Insulation
The down insulator blows everything else out of the water. It is lighter, more efficient, and compressible.
The drawback to this is when it is wet; it becomes practically useless. It might also lead to a dangerous hypothermia situation.
- Synthetic Insulation
These types of insulators are human-made fibres that come with great properties. It is quite affordable when compared to the down insulator.
The synthetic insulator can retain the majority of its insulation when wet. It can also be lighter than cotton but not as light as a down insulator.
Steps in cleaning a baby sleeping bags
In keeping a sleeping bag clean, the following steps should be followed.
- Unzip the sleeping bag: To clean the container, the first step is to unzip the bag to clean it properly.
- Wash the sleeping bag: In washing a dirty or stained baby sleeping bag, different ways should be followed. You can either hand wash it or by a washing machine, depending on the material’s delicate nature.
- Use a delicate cycle: In the washing machine, make sure to run it on a delicate cycle to avoid damage to the fibres.
- Check instruction: Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instruction on the detergent type to wash the sleeping bag. This helps prevent wear and tear and other toxins that might be harmful to the baby’s sensitive skin.
- Dry: After washing, rinse, and hang the bag to dry. Also, make sure to check the manufacturer’s instruction on drying instruction.
- Insulation: Take care to redistribute the insulation evenly by hand or by shaking the bag. You can even use tennis balls or wool balls in the dryer to fluff up the insulation as it tumbles dries.
Types of Sleeping Bags
Baby sleeping bags come in different types, which makes it essential to choose the ideal type for your child.
Square Sleeping Bags
The square sleeping bags come in a rectangle shape and do not close around the torso and neck. It does not come with any head protection or warmth.
One feature that makes it unique is the ability to unzip it completely to turn to a large flat comforter.
Mummy Sleeping Bags
This type of sleeping bag is tightly cut to the body. It is fully fitted and can be partially unzipped.
These sleeping bags can be restrained around the neck and the head to keep the body fully enclosed apart from the head.
In buying a baby sleeping bag, many factors should be considered in selecting the best one for your child.
A sleeping bag is an important baby bedding essential. It is usually of two types which can be used either indoor or outdoor.
Depending on the need for the sleeping bag, the following features should be considered.
The baby bag’s dimension is one of the essential features to consider when buying a sleeping bag. The dimension determines the suitability for the child. Most of the baby sleeping bag comes with the measurement listed out.
The Carrying Weight of The Baby Bag
It is important to get a lightweight bag that comes with a carry bag for easy transportation. It is also essential to determine the bag weight to ensure that your baby can carry it without you assisting them.
Sleeping bags come in different styles. Like we stated earlier, the baby sleeping bag can either be in envelop or a mummy style.
Both of these styles have their pros and cons as they create a barrier between the baby’s body and the floor. Envelop (rectangle) offers more room while the mommy models offer the child’s body to get warmer easily.
The comfortability of the baby bag is also essential when making a purchase. Make sure to consider the material used for making the lining, shell, and fill.
Be sure that the lining is comfortable against the baby skin.
Easy to Clean
Consider the ease of cleaning the sleeping bag. Make sure that the outer material is easy to clean.
It should be easy to wipe with a damp cloth when it gets dirty.
The durability of the product should also be considered when buying the product. This material could be polyester or ripstop nylon. It is important to go for a product that can repel water.
- Zipper Options
The Zipper options are also important for a child’s sleeping bag. With the zipper, the opportunity for the child to be properly covered is high.
It also helps to protect the child during chilly times, and when the weather is hot, the zipper can easily be opened-up for proper ventilation.
The rims in a child’s sleeping bags help to prevent a child from falling off. This acts as a safety feature and should not be overlooked when making a purchase.
1. Amardeep and Co Baby Sleeping Bag – Best for carrying babies
The Amardeep and Co baby sleeping bag is a very attractive sleeping baby. It is an ideal sleeping bag that will allow your kid to enjoy a wonderful sleep both indoors and outdoors.
The very soft fibre keeps their skin comfortable and safe from toxins. It is lightweight and thus enables you to carry it wherever you go.
- The sleeping bag is suitable for 0-3-month-old babies.
- The product is made from cotton materials.
- It is easy to fold and suitable for both genders.
- The dimension is 60 x 25 x 15 cm, and it weighs just 400 grams.
- The Amardeep sleeping bag can also be used as a carrying bag for the baby when going out.
- It also doubles as a mattress for babies to use to sleep at night.
- It comes with a zipper, which is important to close the bag securely when in use.
- No negative points were observed.
2. The sleeping bags for kids – Best non-toxic sleeping bags
This sleeping bag for kids allows kids to sleep comfortably at night at a temperature approaching 20 degrees Celsius. It is also important during hiking time with the child.
This sleeping bag is fully tested by an independent laboratory (AITEX). This rectangle-shaped bag is suitable for camping, sleepovers and movie nights as it is quite compact and easy to travel with.
- Comes in a dimension of 130 x 65 cm.
- It can be fully zipped for safety reasons.
- Tested by (AITEX) under the European standard EN 13537
- It consists of outer fabric and lining.
- It consists of 100 per cent of polyester.
- It has 180 g/sqm fillings.
- A weight of 300 Gramm
- It is ideal for the kids since it is not so bulky.
- Very light and easy to carry about
- No negative points were observed.
3. Techblaze Kids Sleeping Sack
The sleeping bag is made from soft fabric inside and outside. It is ideal for two-6 years old kids. You can safely put your baby in bed to sleep or enjoy a cosy movie time together.
The sleeping sack makes a perfect gifting option. It is comfortable and easy to care for.
- It is made with fur fabric and is ideal for infants.
- The sleeping bag has a dimension of 70 x 87 x 55 cm.
- It weighs 250 grams.
- The sleeping bag comes in an attractive fish design that babies adour.
- The sleeping bag has no zipper, making it safe for kids as it doesn’t carry the risk of scratches.
- The stitching is off high-quality.
- It is machine washable.
- The upper covering of the bag works as a warm blanket and protects the child from cold. Your child won’t be able to kick off the blanket.
- It is not waterproof.
4. Brandon Sleeping Bag for Babies – Lightweight and portable
The Brandon sleeping bag for babies assures the child gets a sound sleep and keeps them comfortable. It is also a good item that can be used as a gift for loved ones.
This blanket has a hood and pants attached that will keep the baby covered, and as a parent, you don’t have to worry about the blanket flying off in the middle of the night.
- Its outer material is made from very soft fur.
- The inner material is pure fibre flannel cotton.
- It is 30 inches in size from hood to toe.
- Ideal for the age group of 0 to 6 months
- Made in proportion to wrap the child with ease
- Item weighs 290 g.
- Ideal for keeping a baby warm in the winter season
- Very soft material, hence no rashes.
- It covers the baby completely to keep it secure.
- It can be a bit big for small babies.
5. Baybee Baby Sleeping Bag – Soft and Skin-friendly
The Baybee Baby cotton sleeping bag is made of soft fabric and can also be used as a baby carrying bag. It is made from skin-friendly material that is good for the baby’s sensitive skin.
It provides the baby with a comfortable, safe, and cosy environment. It is lightweight and allows one to carry it around easily.
- It is a sleeping bag as well as a carrying bag.
- The dimensions of the product are 58 x 28 x 12 cm.
- Made from non-toxic cotton fabric for safety
- It comes with superior and quality cotton and poly fibre filling.
- Ideal for babies between 0 to 6 months
- A 2 in 1 multipurpose product, suitable for sleeping and travelling purpose
- Item weighs just 399 g
- The sleeping bag is lightweight and easy for one to carry
- An easy alternative when travelling since it can be easily folded
- Very easy to wash to maintain hygiene
- The size is a bit small
6. Fareto Baby Mattress & Sleeping Bag – Value for Money
The Fareto baby mattress comes with a mosquito net and a sleeping bag for the child’s complete comfort. This sleeping bag is suitable for indoors as well as outdoors.
- The sleeping bag is a combo of a sleeping bag, a baby mattress with a net.
- The sleeping bag gives support to the baby when you carry them.
- It comes with a mosquito net which allows for fresh air to come in and blocks out mosquitoes and insects.
- It weighs just 300 grams, which makes it very lightweight.
- A Product dimensions of 20 x 20 x 5 cm
- It is an ideal product for all season
- It is a multipurpose sleeping bag that also acts as a mattress whenever needed
- A breathable clear view mesh to allow for full airflow
- The quality is not up to the mark
7. Mee Mee Baby Cozy Carry Nest Bag – Best for Infants
The Mee Mee baby sleeping bag is a very cozy and easy to carry at home and travelling. It comes with very attractive features that make it stand out from others.
This soft and soothing sleeping bag is best for newborn babies and safe for their sensitive skin.
- The product is warm, comfortable and safe, making it ideal for daily use.
- Comes with a zip that closes on the sides to keep the baby secure.
- Ideal for both indoors and outdoors use
- The sleeping bag weighs 500 g
- An product dimension of 61 x 3 x 40.6 cm
- Ideal for a baby up to three months old
- It can be used in 3 different ways to get the most out of the product.
- The sleeping bag is made from 100% cotton, which is safe for a baby’s skin.
- No negative points observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I buy a special sleeping bag for my kid?
Kids sleeping bag is specially designed to ensure that your child has the needed comfort, warmth and cosiness while sleeping. It also protects and keeps them safe from insects and mosquitoes due to the special head zipper.
2. Can I use an adult sleeping bag for my baby?
An adult sleeping bag will be too long and wide to give the baby the needed warmth and comfort. Since there is too much air for a smaller body to heat, it will lead to the air to escape through the extra air. Getting an adult sleeping bag is not advisable.
3. How often should I replace my kid’s sleeping bag?
It all depends on the durability and way you use the sleeping bag.
If you purchased a high quality and very durable sleeping bag for babies that can withstand rough handling and regular washing, then you can use it for many years.
Apart from durability, if your child has outgrown the sleeping bag’s size, then it’s time to change it.
4. Does my child need a mummy bag?
It involves the weather and situation. If you live in a cold region or where the temperature drops low, then a mummy bag is needful.
This is because of the design and shape of the mummy bags. Mummy bags do a better job of conserving and keeping heat inside than the square bag.
Selecting a good sleeping bag for your kid can be a daunting task. While purchasing a sleeping bag for kids, few factors like size, quality and fit are important. This article has written all the points you need to check before making the final purchase in the buyers guide section.
To make it easy for you, here are our top picks that you can choose from Amardeep and Co Baby Sleeping Bag, sleeping bag for kids and Brandonn Sleeping Bag. We believe that this guide helps you findd the perfect fit for your child as they enjoy the best comfort and safety.