Top 8 Best Selling IP Cameras in India
Everyone wants to feel safe whether they are at home or working in an office. People are constantly worrying about their family, pets and other valuable items getting stolen.
To make sure such a disaster doesn’t happen, many people have started installing cameras in their houses to give them a sense of security and comfort.
By using these cameras, people are less worried about being away from home or going on holiday since they can easily keep an eye on their home from wherever they are.
IP cameras have become a popular choice, and many have been buying these products to protect their loved ones and prevent their houses from being robbed.
Top 8 Best Selling IP Cameras in India
Benefits of IP Cameras
Better Screen Resolution
As compared to other cameras like analogue, IP cameras provide much higher screen resolution. We can zoom in on any picture with IP cameras, and there won’t be any blurry image.
Can be specific
IP cameras let you highlight any footage. Other analogue cameras do not have that feature. IP cameras save time because you don’t have to go through all the footage.
IP cameras have encryption built right into them, providing a more secure network whereas the other cameras like DVR and analogue camera network is an issue. Interference is also not a problem with IP-based models.
You can send commands to the camera, and you will receive the information. For example, you can adjust the lenses’ focus through remote or your computer or mobile.
No need for new wiring connection
The analogue camera requires a different system to be installed each time. IP-based cameras act as their network device; you can use the existing network and install the new camera. This can make the installation task much more manageable.
The IP camera system allows new cameras to be added to the same network. An analogue camera system does not let you have multiple networks; you will need new cabling for each new camera.
IP cameras give you a better view of the field. Which means IP cameras can record areas where multiple cameras were required to do the same.
High price, less maintenance
An IP camera is a one-time investment. You can use the existing system to have multiple networks as you go on an increasing number of cameras also can easily find any specific footage you need quickly.
Features of IP Cameras
If you want to keep IP surveillance camera working 24*7, opt for a camera that can kill the IR filter, providing clear night vision.
Clear night vision can provide a better recording, and so the footage can be analysed easily.
Recording along with audio
Vandalising of public property or trespassing occurs when no one is home. In such situations, recording from a surveillance camera can help understand the whole story of what happened.
Newer models now provide audio recording as well.
Even if an IP camera has impressive features and records 24*7 if the picture or video quality is not acceptable and can not recognise faces or objects, it is of no use.
Opt for IP camera that provides a very clear picture and video quality.
Ip camera needs to be weather resistance because they are mounted to the wall and record 365 days of a year.
They should stand harsh winds and hot temperatures. Some cameras are water-resistant, making them suitable for all seasons.
WDR stands for Wide Dynamic Range camera. This feature lets the camera adjust automatically to a bright and dark area. It eliminates over and underexposure to provide clear video quality.
Motion detection in an IP camera creates an alert every time there is a moment. They send alerts in the form of messages, email or by sending that particular video footage.
Newer IP cameras have supporting mobile app, from where its use can see real-time footage, adjust its lens and fix its rotation.
This provides a sense of security to its user. Some of the models also have an audio feature, where you can record a message and play via the camera.
Working of an IP Camera
IP camera stands for Internet Protocol camera, is a digital video camera like analogue and webcam which transmits and receives data over a network with the use of the internet.
An IP camera connects to a network similar to how a laptop, tablet or printer connects to a network.
An IP camera is a single unit and does not require anything to connect. It has its IP address that when connected to a network transfers file. IP cameras compress the file and transmit over the network.
One of the main features is that the footage captured by IP cameras can be viewed from any part of the globe via the internet.
Types of IP Security cameras
Centralised vs Decentralized IP camera
Centralised IP cameras behave as the eyes of a central video recorder. These cameras are linked in a network to a central server that acts as a controller and storage.
These cameras function according to the specified direction allocated from the centre. The central storage security ensures the footage’s safety, even if the cameras get damaged or stolen.
Decentralised IP cameras record footages independently. They have in-built local storage devices such as SD-cards or thumb drive. There is very less chance of deletion of all the security footage at once.
Dome vs Box IP cameras
Their shapes differentiate dome and box-shaped IP cameras. Dome-shaped IP cameras as their name goes are dome in shape and can be well hidden. They have a 360º vision and does not require any protection.
Box-shaped IP cameras are enclosed in a box. They are easily visible and are at a fixed angle. Changing lenses is easier in box IP cameras.
Day and Night IP cameras
These types of IP cameras provide 24×7 surveillance. They are used as regular IP cameras in the day and use infrared light in the night to provide monochromatic images.
Fixed vs PTZ IP cameras
Fixed IP cameras as their name goes are fixed at a particular angle and direction. Being fixed at one position, they are used to survey the same area even minutely. They also come with the feature of lenses that can be replaced or enhanced.
Pan-Tilt-Zoom or PTZ IP cameras can pan, tilt or zoom either automatically or manually. These cameras can survey in different directions or be used to monitor or zoom in on a particular object for close surveillance.
Guidelines For Buying IP Security Cameras
The following factors must be considered when a purchase is being made:
We have already mentioned the types of IP cameras above, which would help you choose the camera you wish to buy. If you need IP cameras in an office, centralised IP cameras are recommended.
If you want to monitor your home’s outdoor surroundings while you are away, you may just try the day and night IP cameras. For only one or a couple of people, decentralised IP cameras may be used.
Fixed cameras hold HD graphics and can do detailed surveillance on one object. You can go for PTZ IP cameras if you want to do automatic surveillance of the surroundings.
Resolution plays a vital part during video recording. IP cameras normally suit VGA graphics, but now Megapixel IP cameras are also becoming mainstream.
VGA based video produces square pixels that match the computer pixels. Megapixel IP cameras have finer detailing extending to HD graphics.
LEDs or Light Emitting Diodes are present in IP cameras that provide night vision. These LEDs produce infrared light at night or in the dark.
The infrared vision is necessary if you want 24 hours of surveillance. Infrared light produces black and white videos that come in handy when looking back at them.
Motion Sensing and Alerting
The flexibility for an IP camera is necessary if wide range surveillance is required. Most IP cameras now can rotate 360º and have an independent vision.
These cameras can monitor traffic as they have inbuilt and accurate motion sensing. Zooming along with motion sensing, is also provided.
An alert system is also present, sending SMS/emails if any suspicious ‘caught in the act’ is recorded.
Well, the obvious question that arises, what is the power source for the cameras to function. Few cameras use batteries, whereas few need to be plugged into a main source of electricity.
But above all, there is a power-over-ethernet, which allows transmitting power to the cameras simultaneously using the internet connection through the ethernet.
After the recording has been done, where does the footage go? That’s why there are multiple options present for storing.
Personal Computers (PC) or laptops can be a reliable and a huge source to store recording footage. Multiple connections with IP cameras can be made, and it can act as a central server operator.
SD Cards can be used in case the data stored is transported. SD cards are not so reliable as they might get stolen.
Cloud storage is the most reliable source for storing video footage. Each camera is linked to a cloud account that helps to operate the cameras or viewing live footage from any multimedia device.
There are some additional features that you can get for your IP camera.
Remote control setup – You can use your mobile or tablet to operate the IP camera anytime, provided there is a Wifi connection available to both of the devices.
Speaker – It enables a two-way audio interaction. It is helpful if any message is to be delivered to a mass of people.
Mount- Mounting the IP camera is vital. Before setting up, you must know how much range the camera has and which angle it needs to cover.
1. Mi Home Security Camera
Xiaomi Corporation is one of the leading brands all over the world for its top-class products at an affordable price range. They manufacture mobile, laptops, television, and security cameras as well.
Xiaomi presents this 360-degree security camera that looks smart and attractive.
This product’s features are countless, starting from its advanced AI motion detection to the talkback feature and night vision mode, this camera has it all.
This is a mid-range product that will make sure to provide you with proper security and crystal clear footage with its 1080p HD camera.
- It comes with a 360-degree wide-angle vision. This security camera will cover the whole house
- The video recording quality of this security camera is 1080p (1920×1080) resolution that will capture crystal clear images and videos
- The installation of this product is effortless anywhere
- This security camera comes with an advanced video encoding feature in it. The H.264 encoding enables you to play it more efficiently and uses half of the storage than any H.265 encoded video
- This device comes with a dedicated micro-SD card slot that supports up to 64GB
- The low light photography or videos come in full colour. It doesn’t matter whether it is daytime or night time; this lens will take extraordinary coloured images and videos throughout the whole day
- The f2.1 stop aperture makes the night vision mode better than ever. With the help of this low aperture and infrared LED lights, it can capture clear shots and record crystal explicit videos
- This security camera is pre-installed with two-way speakers that will help you to talkback from anywhere using a smartphone
- Xiaomi has provided improved AI algorithms in the new motion detection alert, so it reduces the chances of false alerts and always notifies you along with a screenshot attached when something is happening
- Watch pictures and videos of the camera on your smartphone from anywhere in the world
- It needs to be powered by electricity all the time, a battery as a backup option would have been nice
2. YI Home Camera
YI Technology is a sub-company of Xiaomi. They manufacture mostly different kinds of security cameras and is based in Shanghai, China. All of their products are distributed at an affordable price having tons of features.
This wireless security system is one of the cheapest, yet good looking cameras available. This camera will provide you with two-way audio communication, night vision mode, and 4x digital zoom.
- This security camera is a 720p (1280×720) high definition camera; this means it can record videos crystal clear and will capture images without missing any single detail
- The 111 degrees wide-angle lens will make sure to capture most of the area depending on the place it has been installed. You can also manually rotate the camera 180 degrees to cover more area
- It is effortless to install and needs no maintenance at all. All you need to do is unpack the item and just mount it to the wall
- The easy and quick setup will be done within minutes. Connect the security camera to a wifi connection and plug in the cable, and you are good to go
- This security camera supports 4x digital zoom in for you to take a better look around your house using a smartphone
- You can watch the real-time live feed of the security camera on your smartphone
- The app to connect this camera with your phone will run smoothly on the following operating systems – Android 4.0 and above/iOS 7 and above
- The night vision of this YI camera is excellent. There are eight infrared lamps of 940nm installed in it, which is why this security camera can capture high-quality images and record high-quality videos at night
- It can capture crystal clear images and videos from a distance of up to 5 meters
- The speakers that come with these works both ways. You can video call with anyone and also talk back to experience a smooth conversation
- The motion detection feature will send you an alert when there is any activity detected by the sensor
- The memory card to the camera is 128-bit encrypted and safe from any cyber attacks
- You can customize the YI Home app and also use camera sharing and many other activities
- This device comes with a micro-sd card slot that supports up to 32Gb, and you can also subscribe to YI cloud services to make your images and videos safe and secure
- No negative points observed so far
3. TP Link Camera
This indoor security camera is good for keeping an eye on your home when you are away on holiday or at the office. It allows you to see up to 30 feet away in the dark and even works with Alexa and Google.
It is the perfect eye to keep an eye on your little ones when you are out and about and provides you with a clean and high definition video.
- It has 360 degree horizontal and 114-degree vertical range
- Provided night vision of up to 30 feet
- Has an SD card with 128 GB
- Two-way audio allowing you to communicate
- 1080 clear image
- Notification of any movement
- Sound and light alarm to scare off unwanted guests
- You can easily share your videos on social media platforms
- Has a privacy mode to shut down surveillance when you don’t want it
- Sometimes does not connect to the WIFI properly
4. IFITech Wireless Camera
This IP camera rotates 355 degrees horizontally and 120 degrees vertically, covering every corner for better surveillance.
- One of its kind this Hd mini IP camera can be placed discreetly
- Offers truly HD video quality of 720P resolution stream
- The user can view footage on any PC browsers and safari for MacOS users
- IFIPT1 uses IR LED lense to get clear images at night
- Provides motion detection alerts through email, snapshot or sd recording
- Offers remote access and listen in via the mobile app
- IFIPT1 can record to an SD card, PC’s the hard drive and even to FTP server
- Setting up is easy due to instructions provided by their app
- The quality of the video recorder is good
- Syncing time with mobile is an issue, providing wrong time while recording
- The basic built quality is not up to the mark
- Need to refresh settings to keep the recording go on continuously
5. Sricam Security Camera
Sricam has been in the lead in all domains related to security with a lens. The Sricam SP series is the bestseller for IP cameras. It has maintained a positive record for a long time. The top-notch for this series is the Sricam SP005.
This camera is best for indoor security like in-home or shop. With HD picture quality and motion-sensing alarm, it is highly recommended.
- Embedded Linux OS
- CMOS Colour Sensor
- Display resolution 1MP
- 720P HD resolution with frame speed 30fps
- IR night vision
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom from anywhere, anytime
- App-based control from smartphones or tablets
- Instant alarming motion sensing
- Build-in 128GB SD card slot
- A two-way audio slot with build mic and speaker
- A user-friendly app and easy to control
- Image frame rate is high-30fps
- Supports both Ethernet or Wifi connections
- Night vision is brilliant
- Can be well hidden
- Setup of the camera is not easy
- There might be connectivity problems sometimes
6. Sricam IP Camera
Sricam SP107 is ar fine product of the SP series. With complete surround monitoring and night vision, it gives great reliability.
- Network connection no need of PC
- SD card support up to 128GB
- Point to Point(P2P) support
- Complete 360º rotation available
- 1 MP Display resolution
- 1280×720 HD graphics with 60fps
- IR night vision
- A mobile remote allows controlling the camera from anywhere
- Motion detection and alarm signal through email
- Two-way audio
- Excellent graphics and image framing is fast
- Portable and efficient
- Night vision is good
- Compatible with third-party ONVIF platform software
- A Wifi connection may falter sometimes
- Setup is a bit complicated
7. Hikvision Camera
Hikvision has most of its products related to surveillance cameras. It provides outdoor monitoring better than indoor surveillance.
The DS-2CE16D0T-IRP is one of the best outdoor security cameras out there. It is also greatly weatherproof and has durability.
- 2MP display resolution
- 1080P HD graphics with 25fps
- Smart IR night vision
- Infrared can cover upto 20 meters
- IP66 weatherproof
- Has a 360º vision
- Wired connection
- The wired connection makes it stable
- Weatherproof in harsh conditions
- High infrared zooming
- Internal synchronization
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Can be identified easily because of its bullet shape
- Has few blindspots
- Does not have any app to control it
- Wifi connection is not available
8. Foscam Camera
Foscam cameras are great indoor cameras and have high definition graphics and inbuilt server for connecting from anywhere. It can be used by anyone easily and is a good 24/7 indoor security IP camera.
Some of the features are listed below.
- 1280x720P HD graphics with 23fps
- 1MP display resolution
- Can be monitored from anywhere via FOSCAM app
- IR night vision
- 115º super wide viewing angle
- P2P support with QR code scanning for mobiles
- Motion detection and alert through a mobile app
- Two-way audio
- Supports both Ethernet and Wifi connections
- High definition colour CMOS sensor
- 1-year warranty
- Light-weighted and portable
- The tilt angle is only 180º
- Storage capacity in micro SD card is less compared to others
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the use of an IP camera?
An IP camera is a type of digital video camera used for surveillance. It stands for an Internet Protocol Camera. IP cameras can send and receive data via a computer network.
2. What is the difference between an IP camera and an Analog camera?
The difference between the IP camera and the analogue camera is the way each delivers videos.
The analog camera turns the video signals into a format that can be viewed on TV or any monitor.
Whereas an IP camera digitizes the video signal using a special encoder.
3. How does IP camera work?
IP cameras capture images the same as a digital camera and then compress them and transmit them over the network.
4. What is the difference between an IP camera and CCTV camera?
The main difference between an IP camera is that IP camera works within your LAN network; it can be wired or wireless. The CCTV cameras work on their system connected to DVR with cable.
5. Does IP camera need internet?
Yes, IP camera requires internet access. Some IP cameras require a physical cable connection while others are wireless. Transmitting via radio frequency or over a local WiFi network.
IP cameras are a perfect device to keep in your home and give you the feeling of security and relaxation. These cameras are widely used not only in your home but at other places like offices, industries, hospitals and shops.
There are a variety of different ones available, and our top three are
These IP cameras are a must-have for anyone who wants to keep an eye on what’s happening in their home, office, factory etc.
Whether you keep the camera indoors or outdoors, you will feel happier and more content, knowing that the camera is up there.