Best Ink Tank Printers
Buying an affordable inkjet printer for your home or office is not enough to save your money. The frequent need of buying and replacing the cartridges, again and again, would skyrocket your maintenance costs sooner than later.
Thus, constrained by the repetitive cartridge replacements; the inkjet printers end up being unaffordable in the long run.
To overcome this dilemma, manufacturers have come up with Ink Tank printers.
The advent of the latest ink tank printers effortlessly fulfills the need for low maintenance, high capacity, convenient refilling, and affordable printers.
Read on as we unfold the magical powers of ink tank printers and explore its benefits, extensive Buyer’s guide, well-researched reviews of Top 6 Ink Tank printers, FAQs, and conclusion regarding best Ink Tank printers.
6 Best Ink Tank Printers
How does the Ink Tank printer function?
The ink tank printers do away with the need for printer cartridges that are normally used in inkjet printers. Rather they comprise a refillable tank system and ink bottles for streamline and continuous printing.
The presence of an airtight tube delivers the ink to the print head so that it generates continuous printing without getting dried out over time.
As soon as you notice that printer’s ink levels are dropping, you need to refill the tank at desired levels with ink from the bottle.
Benefits of using Ink Tank Printers
The Ink tank printers have become a dominant force in affordable printing space. They offer the advantages of the low operating costs without compromising on any advanced multi-functional printer features present in an average inkjet machine.
No need of buying or replacing cartridges
The presence of high-capacity ink tanks ensured the continuous ink supply to the printer head. You need not buy or replace cartridges again and again.
As the ink level in the ink tank drops, simply refill the tanks with ink from ink bottles for convenient and hassle-free printing.
High Volume Printing Capacity
The continuous supply of ink from the ink tanks to the print head via airtight tube ensures that ink won’t dry out. Moreover, the ink tank is refilled with ink from high-volume bottles that feature a drip-free nozzle and a resealable cap.
The high volume bottles can hold enough ink for printing 6000 to 7000 pages per refill. In case of high volume ink tank printers, you can print up to 20,000 pages including 10,000 pages in black & white and color each.
The high ink capacity of ink bottles makes them a highly cost-effective printing solution in comparison to inkjet printer cartridges.
Thus, it delivers a high volume printing capacity at an exceptionally low cost per page in comparison to traditional conventional cartridges that print maximum up to 1000 pages only per refill.
The new ink tank printer comes packed with advanced features such as integrated Wi-Fi and mobile printing capacity that allows the users to connect your PC or laptop wirelessly to the printer.
Moreover, you can also print using your Android, IOS phones and tablets.
Wide range of Models
Being an advanced printer, it comes in a wide range of models packed with varied features, to serve the varying needs of the customers. Thus, it offers more options for users to choose from.
Efficiency/Cost per page
You should consider the Cost Per Page (CPP) advantage offered by various models of ink tank printers.
The procedure for calculating the cost per page (CPP) for black ink cartridges and color cartridges are different. For black cartridges, the CPP is derived by dividing the price of the cartridge with the no. of pages it printed.
In the case of colored cartridges, the price of the cartridge is divided by no. of pages printed followed by multiplying it by the no. of color cartridges used and adding the CPP of black cartridges.
The ink tank printers with lower CPP are preferred over the others as they are more efficient.
Long Term Cost Benefit
You must look out for the ink tank models available in your budget. Moreover, you should also do a long term cost-benefit analysis.
The ink tank printers may appear more costly than regular inkjet printers when you compare their price labels.
However in the long run ink tank printers with large ink bottles prove to be more economical by saving your money on maintenance and cartridge replacements.
Choose wisely to save money in the long term.
A high-resolution print refers to the high clarity of the image that is printed by the printer. It is measured in DPI or dots per inch.
Any good quality ink tank printer has the default resolution of 300 DPI. Any resolution of 300 DPI or more is termed as a high-resolution print.
If your need is to print images in high resolution, choose the ink tank printer with 300 DPI or more.
Wi-Fi, USB and App connectivity
The Wi-Fi connectivity of ink tank printers allows you to access your printer from a remote location using smartphones (android and ios), desktop, tablet, or laptop.
A USB port on a printer connects it to a computer or laptop via a USB cable so that it makes a direct-wired connection for printing work. Most of the printers are compatible with USB 2.0.
Some printers can be accessed using the downloadable apps explained in the printer’s guides.
Depending on how you would like to access your printer, you should look out for the presence of a wired or wireless connectivity feature while buying your ink tank printer.
The printing speed of the printers is measured in terms of pages per minute (ppm) or images per minute (ipm). Some high-end ink tank printers have an excellent printing speed of 33 ppm.
If your printing assignment requires you to frequently print huge volumes of pages, then you must go for the printers which have higher ppm or ipm as it would save your time and give good print yield in a short time.
No. of Features
Most of the commonly available ink tank printers serve the multiple functions of print, copy, scan, and fax. Some are designed for printing black & white copies while others are equipped with colored printing capacity.
Look out for the printer with a maximum number of user-friendly features available within your budget
Apart from these, the ease to set up and control various commands also needs to be considered before making the final choice.
Paper Tray Size
Before you begin printing, you must load paper of different sizes into the paper trays present on the printer.
A printer with multiple paper trays serves you to print to different paper sizes without needing to change the printer stock.
You must choose the printer with multiple paper trays for convenient printing on different paper sizes.
Also, check out the paper tray size to see how many pages it can hold. A standard paper tray can hold 250 pages while the higher variants can hold up to 500 or 1000 pages.
Depending on your requirements choose the printer with multiple trays and a higher capacity of holding pages.
The print capacity of an ink tank printer refers to its page yield per refill. It depends on the high volume bottles that can hold ink for printing.
The common ink tank printers can print 4500 to 7000 pages per refill. However in the case of some high-end variants, you can print 10,000 pages in black & white followed by 10,000 color pages per refill.
You should consider the optimal print capacity that you need before narrowing down your search.
You should also take into account the size and weight of the ink tank printer.
A smaller and lightweight printer is easy to carry around and it can be easily adjusted as per the limited space available at your home or office desk.
Top 6 Reviews of Best Ink Tank Printers
1. Canon Pixma G3000
Canon is a pioneering brand in the optics and imaging technologies that offers an extensive product portfolio of over 200 premium digital imaging products such as Printer, Scanner, Fax-Machines, Digital Cameras, etc.
Canon Pixma G3000 ink tank color printer is an all-in-one multi-functional and wireless color printer that is designed specifically for high volume printing to fulfill even your most demanding printing requirements.
- Features Multi-functionality of Print, Scan, and Copy with color output
- Allows diverse connectivity options including Wi-Fi, USB, and Canon Selphy App
- Compatibility with a wide array of operating systems including Windows (10, 8, 7, 7 SP1, Vista SP2, XP SP3) and Mac OS X v 10.7.5 and later
- The excellent printing speed of 8.8 ipm (Black and White copies per minute ) and 5 ipm (colored copies per minute)
- Supports a comprehensive range of paper sizes including 4.0?x6.0? till A4, A5, B5, Legal and Letter
- Provides impressive high pixel resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi
- High volume ink bottle that yields up to 6000 black and white pages and up to7000 color pages
- Compatible ink bottle with GI-790 (BK) ink and GI-790 (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) ink
- The dimensions of printer measure 44.5 x 33 x 16.3 Centimetres
- Provides warranty of 15,000 pages print or 1 year onsite whichever condition meets earlier
- Allows you to enjoy wireless printing by connecting your PCs, laptops, mobile phones or tablets directly with printer’s in-built wireless LAN connectivity
- High volume capacity printing that yields up to 6K B/W pages and up to 7K color pages
- Features integrated ink tank system that allows the user to conveniently monitor visible ink levels and schedule refill accordingly
- Provides substantial savings by delivering high page yield with low CPP (cost per page) and thereby enhancing the productivity
- Engineered for high volume printing with high ink capacity that allows interruption-free and streamlined printing for long durations without any replacements
- Comes with a Selphy App that allows for wireless printing and scanning by connecting your mobile to your printer
- The PIXMA cloud link feature allows you to store your scanned data to social networking & storage sites, and retrieve them directly from these sites whenever required
- Does not feature an LCD display
- Does not support duplex printing
2. Epson EcoTank L3150
Epson India Pvt Ltd came into existence in the year 2000 and it has quickly transformed itself into a prestigious brand that offers high-quality products including Epson Inkjet Printers, Inkjet All-in-Ones, Point of Sale Printers, etc.
Epson EcoTank L3150 Ink Tank Printer is a compact and robust printer that offers all-in-one multi-functionality and allows you to enjoy high resolution and fast printing of varied docs such as project reports, letters, photos, etc.
- Provides multi-functions of Print, Scan and Copy along with color output and flatbed scanner
- Features numerous connectivity options including Wi-Fi, USB, and App
- The superior printing speed of 33 black and white pages per minute and 15 colored pages per minute
- Supports diverse paper sizes including A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, and DL
- Provides impressive print resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi
- A set of high capacity ink bottle produces high yield up to 4500 black and white pages and up to7500 color pages
- Comes with a compatible ink bottle each of Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow ink
- The dimensions of printer measure 37.5 x 34.7 x 17.9 centimeters
- Provides warranty of 30,000 pages print or 1 year onsite from the date of manufacturer whichever condition meets earlier
- Compact and ergonomic design that allows you to manage the desk space efficiently and enhances the printing productivity by cutting the replacement costs
- Offers seamless Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to print from PCs, laptops, mobile phones or tablets without any router
- Epson connect features provides easy wireless printing through a remote print driver, email print driver, and Iprint
- Impressive high page yield of 4.5K B/W and 7.5K colored pages
- Features Micro Piezo printhead that delivers the superior print speed up to 33 ppm
- Print sharp and vibrant images with photo-lab quality and optimal resolution; provides borderless printing
- Consumes only 12W power and thereby feels light on your wallet and environment
- Does not feature an LCD display
- Supports only manual duplex printing
3. Canon Pixma G2012
Canon is a leading brand in the optics and imaging market that employs world-class technology for providing over 200 innovative digital imaging products such as Printer, Scanner, Fax-Machines, Digital Cameras, etc.
Canon Pixma G2012 is a high capacity and all-in-one multi-functional ink tank color printer that holds the distinctive new panel design for convenient printer operations.
- Features an intuitive and user-friendly 1.2 inch LCD panel for conveniently managing the printer controls leading to effortless printing, copying, and scanning
- Packed with the all-in-one multi-functional feature of Print, Scan and Copy with color output
- Allows connectivity through USB port only
- Compatibility with only Windows operating systems (10, 8.1, 7 SP1)
- Allows you to access awesome printing speed of 8.8 ipm (Black) and 5 ipm (colored)
- Provides support for different paper sizes including 4.0?x6.0? till A4, Letter, Legal, A5, and B5
- Provides impressive high pixel resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Offers high yield ink bottle that delivers the page yield of 6000 B&W pages and up to7000 color pages per refill
- Comes packed with a set of ink bottles comprising 1 bottle each of Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, and BK color; Additional 2 bottles of GI790 ink (BK) extra come with the package
- The dimensions of printer measure 33 x 44.5 x 16.3 Centimetres
- Provides manufacturer warranty of 15,000 pages print or 1 year onsite from the date of purchase, whichever is earlier
- Provides impressive low cost per page yield with printing, copying, and scanning
- Exceptional printing performance and high volume capacity printing at affordable costs
- Features integrated and transparent ink tank system that provides clear visibility for conveniently monitoring the ink levels and allows you to schedule your refill accordingly
- Pleasing panel design with LCD display for effortless print settings
- Exceptional quality text and image printing with Canon’s hybrid ink system that delivers borderless photos and crisp black documents
- Suitable for home and a small office where the printing workload is approx 300 pages per month
- Does not feature Wireless Wi-Fi connectivity
- Does not support Mac OS system
4. HP 410 All-in-One Wireless Ink Tank Color Printer
HP is a cutting- edge and advanced technology-driven electronics brand that provides an impressive range of products across categories such as Laptops, Desktops, Printers, 3D print, Ink & toner, Displays & accessories, etc.
HP 410 Ink Tank Color Printer is a powerful printer that offers exceptional print quality with darker, sharper, and crisp text as well as images. It comes with all-in-one functionalities with numerous user-friendly features.
- Versatile printer with multi-functionality of Print, Scan and Copy coupled with flatbed scanner and color printer output feature
- Allows flawless and diverse connectivity alternatives including Wi-Fi, USB, and hp smart App
- The superb printing speed of 7.5 black and white pages per minute and 4.5 colored pages per minute
- Supports diverse paper sizes including A4, A6, B5, DL and envelope
- Provides stunning print resolution of 4800 x 1200 (color dpi) and up to 1200 x 1200 (black dpi)
- A high capacity ink bottle that delivers ultra-high yield up to 4000 black and white pages and up to 8000 color pages
- Comes with a compatible and original ink bottle each of hp gt 51 black ink and hpgt52 cyan, magenta, and yellow ink
- Product dimensions measure 58.6 x 41.2 x 20.2 cm
- Features innovative functionality of voice-activated printing that allows you to print using voice command; it is compatible with Alexa and Google Voice assistant
- Comes packed with a high capacity ink tank system that allows you to continuously print thousands of pages without any hassle
- Provides optimal and convenient ink management that allows you to replenish the high-yield ink bottles up to desired levels whenever the ink levels dropdown
- Presence of ink bottles with resealable caps and drip-free nozzle, provide for hassle-free, zero waste and convenient refill
- Integrated and transparent ink tank system that allows you to view and monitor the ink levels and refill it as and when required
- Smooth wireless printing using the Wi-Fi functionality that connects your printer to smartphones, laptops, tablets, and desktops; you can download hp smart remote for the printer and hp print driver app for connecting printer with a smartphone without a wi-fi router
- Provides improved printing productivity at a low cost per page
- Lack of LCD display screen
- Supports only manual duplex printing
- No support for card reader or pen drive reader
5. HP 310
HP is a reputed global electronics brand that offers the finest quality products across categories such as Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Ink & toner, Displays & accessories, 3D print, Business solutions, etc.
HP 310 Ink Tank Color Printer is engineered for high volume and low-cost printing. It employs the latest technology for providing outstanding print quality with borderless documents and fade-resistant photos.
- Provides all-in-one functionality of Print, Scan, and Copy; features flatbed scanner for flawless scanning and color printer output for vibrant color printing
- Allows you to connect external devices with your printer through USB port and cable
- Features standard output capacity is up to 25 sheets and standard input capacity is up to 60 sheets
- The impressive printing speed of 7.5 (B&W pages per minute) and 4.5 (colored pages per minute)
- Allows you to print on paper of various paper sizes such as A4, A6, B5, DL and envelope
- Offers an exceptional print resolution of 4800 x 1200 optimized DPI (color) and up to 1200 x 1200 rendered DPI (black)
- Ultra-high yield ink bottles that serve 4K (B&W pages) and up to 8K (color pages) after every refill
- Product dimensions measure 52.5 x 55.35 x 25.66 cm
- Comes with a manufacturer warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase
- Features high capacity ink tank system that allows you to print thousands of pages flawlessly
- Provides optimal ink management that allows you to effortlessly monitor the level of ink in the ink tank and plan the refill as required
- The ink bottles are designed for spill-free and waste-free refilling with resealable caps and drip-free nozzle
- Sharp and stunning print quality with borderless printing and crisp black text documents
- Suited for home and small office printing requirements with printing workload of more than 300 pages per month
- Absence of LCD display
- Does not support Wi-Fi wireless connectivity
6. Brother DCP-T510W
Brother International Pvt. Ltd is a leading global brand for the print, imaging, labeling, and sewing market space. Its key range of products comprises laser printer, label printer, fax machine, MFCs, and sewing machines.
Brother DCP-T510W Inktank Printer is a multi-functional printer with built-in wireless capability. It provides high yield printing in both B&W and color inks. It features a user-friendly set of controls for effortless printing.
- All-in-one multi-functional printer with Print, Scan and Copy functions packed with a flatbed scanner and color printer output
- Provides for empowered connectivity with Wi-Fi, USB and Wi-Fi direct
- The impressive printing speed of 27 black and white pages per minute and 10 colored pages per minute
- Supports a wide array of paper sizes including A4, B5, A5, A6, Letter, Legal, Executive, envelope, photo and index cards
- Superb print resolution of 1200 x 6000 (color dpi)
- Product dimensions measure 43.5 x 43.5 x 15.9 cm
- Provides manufacturer warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase or 30,000 pages whichever is earlier
- Features an LCD display and control panel that allow convenient navigation of print controls; You can view user-friendly on-screen guide for quick resolution and see any error messages
- Comes packed with high yield ink bottles that allow you to lower your cost per print; Expand your printing capabilities up to 6,500 pages in black and 5,000 pages in color
- Features adjustable paper tray that holds 150 sheets and allows you to handle a variety of print jobs for various paper sizes
- Provides sophisticated and transparent ink management that allows easy front access to ink tank followed by mess-free and leak-free refilling up to the desired levels whenever ink levels run low
- Offers flexible connectivity options to meet the printing needs of diverse work environments; Wi-Fi functionality allows you to share one printer with various devices
- Wi-Fi Direct equips you to access wireless printing directly from your smartphones
- Printing performance is a bit slow when it comes to color printing
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which printer is a better inkjet or ink tank?
The ink tank printers are better than their inkjet counterparts. The inkjet printers use standalone cartridges which you need to buy and replace frequently.
On the other hand, the ink tank printers have larger ink tanks that supply ink via an airtight tube to the print head. These ink tanks can hold a larger volume of ink that can print up to 4000 to 10000 pages per refill.
Thus, ink tank printers offer low maintenance costs and higher capacity printing than inkjet printers.
2. Are ink tank printers worth it?
The ink tank printers may appear more expensive than inkjet printers at a time of purchase, however, they offer substantial savings on replacements in the long run. That makes them worthy of being an effective printing companion.
3. Who Should Use Ink Tank Printers?
If you need to do a lot of printing regularly, the ink tank printers are your savior. However, if your printing needs are limited, you can go for another regular inkjet or laser printer.
4. Does ink dry in ink tank printers?
If your ink tank printer stays ideal for long durations of time, the ink present in the ink tanker may dry up. That’s why it is recommended in those cases where you have regular printing requirements on a daily basis.
The ink tank printers are primarily meant for handling the heavy volumes of printing with their low maintenance and high capacity printing functionalities. They are worth buying even for home usage as an affordable and robust printer.
If you are contemplating buying the best ink tank printer, our easy-to-follow buyer’s guide and detailed reviews of best ink tank printers would make your buying experience fulfilling and satisfying.