Best Hand blenders for your Kitchen
Who wouldn’t like a multipurpose multi-function invention that could make life easier?. One such invention is of the hand blenders that help you carry out your tasks in the best possible way without disappointing you. It takes the less time it can take in processing the daily food recipes such as the soups, shakes, and other such food items that are needed to blend.
A handheld blender is an electric stick that consists of blades at its one end. Instead of pouring the liquids into the blender bowl and then turning it on, the hand blenders are directly inserted into the liquid container and then turned on.
To ensure a uniform blending of liquids, one has to keep swirling the blender in the liquid. Not only blending but the product gives various other functions such as chopping, mixing, and whisking.
They do not require much space in the kitchen and consume very little energy. Most of the blenders are portable, and thus you can carry them anywhere you travel. Also, they are easy to clean, and most of them are dishwasher safe.
Handheld blenders are useful for blending large amounts of liquids rather than using the other blenders where you need to do blending in batches, which requires you to pour the blended liquid into another container.
Whereas, with hand blenders, you can directly put the blender into the large liquid container and simply blend in the original pot. This kitchen appliance saves you a lot of time. The best hand blenders are used to make a number of food items like:
- Pancake batter
- Whipped cream
- Cheese sauce
- Tomato sauce
In this article, you will get to know why to use a hand blender and its types. We have also provided tips for using it and buyer guide that will help you purchase the right-hand blender online. Lastly, you will also find Our Top Picks and FAQ.
Top 11 Best Hand Blenders in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
The Whipping Queen
The speedy Blender
Quality on a budget
The Efficient Blender
Perfect For Modern Cooking
Why use a Hand Blender?
Most of the people have a perception that hand mixers and hand blenders are both the same. But, it is not the same at all. A hand mixer is useful to grind the pieces of ingredients into fine pieces.
Whereas, on the other hand, a blender is useful to process these ingredients into thin pastes or liquids. Although they might share a few common tasks.
The biggest reason for using the hand blender is its ease of use. It’s light in weight, hold in your hand, and swirl around as you want. With the hand blender, forget about removing the heavy mixer with all the attachments.
Cleaning the blender is a matter of a few minutes. All you need to do is scrub, rinse, and dry. The best part of the blender is, it is multi-tasking.
Making a puree is just one thing, you can use it to make smoothies, pesto, whipped cream, mayonnaise and lots more. It takes just a few minutes to complete the tasks and is also easy on your pockets.
It doesn’t even consume too much energy. Some blenders also provide hooks for kneading dough and other mixtures. These products are highly effective and consumer-friendly to use.Especially, when you have to make various dishes, this is an accessory that you must be wanting in your kitchen.
Tips for using the electric hand blenders.
Wash the blender right after the usage: The blades of the blender should be cleaned right after using or else the leftover would accumulate on it for too long and then it would become difficult to clean.
Keep moving the blender inside the bowl: The blender needs to be moved simultaneously to obtain equally blended results. This will help you to make sure everything is blended completely.
Use the hand blenders to blend larger quantities: For more efficient use, use blenders for larger quantities. Fewer quantity would not give you the desired result as the head of the blender needs to be immersed completely into the bowl of liquid.
Do not blend very hot dishes: When preparing to blend any hot dishes, make sure to let it cool down for some time. When very hot liquid is blended, there are chances that it may splash all over the kitchen. Also, you may burn yourself if it splashes on your hands.
Types of Hand Blenders
An immersion blender is also called as a stick blender or a hand-held blender. As the name says, these blenders are handy, compact and long and thin. They need to be held from one side and dipped in the liquid from the other side which has blades at the end.
This type of blender is easy to use. They are useful for blending all types of liquids be it hot or cold such as soups, juices, drinks, and smoothies, etc. Fruits and vegetables can also be blended using this product. There are four types of blenders in this category. They are mentioned below:
Blenders With Minimum Attachments
- Made for simple blending tasks.
- Has a very simple construction.
- Perfect for simplest blending tasks.
- No turbo button.
- Speed control – 0-2.
Blenders With Multiple Attachments
- This is a multipurpose gadget.
- Made from high-quality products.
- Compact in design.
- Comes with a turbo button for obtaining maximum speed.
- Has variable speed control buttons due to the multiple attachments.
- Comes with a measuring beaker, a blender jar and may or may not contain chopper and whisk attachments.
Cordless Hand Blender
- The cordless battery operated hand blenders are modern blenders.
- As it contains a rechargeable battery, these are a little heavier when compared to other hand blenders.
- A single charging can work for around 20 mins of blending.
- They are flexible and portable to use
- Fits into the standard wall size charging points
Commercial Hd Immersion Hand Blenders
- Provided with a second handle for complete control
- Has a longer shaft of 12 – 21.”
- Variable speed controls
- Comes with a rubber grip
Warranty and After-sales service
The brand you go for should offer the best warranty and after-sales service. It is important that the product comes with a warranty of 2 years against any defect.
Moreover, it should have a good after-sales service allowing you to easily contact the brand customer care service so that they resolve your issues and queries efficiently. This ensures the reliability of the product and the brand.
The hand blender should have a light-weight design so that you can use it comfortably and conveniently even for up to 20 minutes. A light-weight model also enables you to port it easily so that you can use it whenever needed as it is a handy appliance to always have by your side while cooking.
The brand also plays a key role, especially when you are purchasing any home, kitchen or electronic appliance. A good brand offers the best features and also ensures a guarantee on your investment. Go for brands like Philips, Bajaj, Panasonic, Prestige, Orpat, etc.
The immersion blenders come with a wide range of motor power. The power levels exist between 100 watts to 500 watts and above. On a regular basis, a motor with 200 watts power is great enough for the easy tasks. But when it comes to heavy-duty usage such as crushing the ice, a high power motor would be preferable.
Cord Or Cordless
Though corded blenders provide more power, it cannot be moved around in the house, like the cordless one. Choose a blender keeping the kitchen space and power plugs in mind before buying.
The design is one of the major factors while considering hand blenders. The design should be convenient and comfortable. The size of the blender and the location of the power button should be appropriate and convenient.
Some blenders need the power button to be pressed during the entire process of blending. Thus, a well-placed power button would make it easier.
You will not get any attachments with blenders available at cheaper rates. Whereas, the high priced and advanced ones would have multiple options like choppers, whisks, frothers and other blades. More the number of available attachments more will be the cost of the product
Cleaning And Maintainance
Ensure whether the parts of the blender are dishwasher safe. If they are not, then check whether they are easily cleaned. Also, you should quickly wash the blender after the use as most of the food gets stuck in the blades and it becomes difficult to clean later.
A few blenders get heated up after using it for a couple of minutes. The blenders should be kept aside to cool down before using it again. Most blenders have a specific runtime to use specified on it.
The blades should be sharp enough so that fine blending is done. Check the quality and material of the blades before buying the actual product. Some low priced blenders come with plastic blades and it is not recommended to buy a blender with plastic blades as it would last you long.
Variable Speed Control
A few of the advanced models come with the speed controls that vary from 4-6 which offer high precision. However, most of the immersion blenders offer 2 settings which are sufficient for regular use. Most of the people don’t require a multiple speed blender. The blenders with fewer speed functions are cheaper than the other blenders.
Some blenders come with buttons that need to be kept pressed completely while blending. There are other options as well where you need to just press the button to turn it on and off. Though some people might be comfortable with it, some may find it inconvenient to use.
1. Inalsa Robot INOX 1000 Hand Blender – Our Choice
When it is about blending a smoothie for evening refreshments, or your favorite soup or mixing the baking dough, the hand blender is your best choice. It simplifies all these tasks making it convenient for your use. Being a part of the 30-year-old Inalsa group, the company commits on providing the best quality products in a range of home and kitchen appliances.
It has a heavy duty 800-watt motor which performs all tasks quickly and effortlessly giving you the better results. This product comes with an energy saving feature and has an extremely comfortable grip which is easy to hold. Lightweight and easy to use along with the hanging loop provided in it will definitely make you want this product.
- The product has a motor of 800 watts DC
- Comes with a whisking attachment and chopper
- A variable speed control function
- The LED light on the handle of the blender
- A detachable stainless steel stem for easy usage
- Has two pins for plugins
- Comes with a 600 ml multipurpose jar
- Has a powerful motor
- Loop is useful to hang the blender and save space
- The blades are incredibly sharp which provides accurate results
- The multipurpose jar can be used to make a smoothie, chop vegetables, make raita, etc.
- Lightweight and a strong grip over the handle
- Can cause troubles in long run.
2. Bajaj HM 01 Hand Blender and Mixer – The Whipping Queen
All the not so easy tasks are now easy with Bajaj hand blender and mixer. Be it kneading, mixing, whisking, and beating- this product makes it extremely easy and efficient to use. Get ready to bake items conveniently at your home. It consumes less amount of energy and also comes with an eject button making cleaning it is super simple.
- Has provided a 3-speed button for the best beating experience
- 250 Watt motor proves to be very powerful
- Extremely stylish design
- Light in weight – 1.1 kg
- Contains an eject button which makes it easy to remove the attachments automatically
- For obtaining the perfect blending results, it can be used on low, medium and high-speed modes
- Consumes less electricity and saves money
- Contains dough hooks and beater attachments which are useful for kneading dough and whipping cream
- Lightweight- makes it comfortable and handy
- Does not overheat with extensive use
- Even the lowest speed is too fast.
3. KENT Hand Blender
Kent Hand Blender is a powerful hand blender for an efficient and fast cooking process. It is a smart appliance for easy kitchen chores and helps in creating items like purees, soups, icing, whipped eggs, and more.
This appliance promotes mixing, blending, folding, and whipping and comes with multiple beaters and dough hooks. It speeds up the cooking process as it has a powerful 300 W copper motor.
- Comes with 5 variable speed controls
- Turbo function for getting kitchen chores done quickly
- In-built protection of auto cut off in case of overheating
- Includes multiple beaters and dough hooks for preparing a variety of recipes
- Provides easy blending and offers perfect results
- The copper motor ensures durability and long life
- Maintains hygiene with food-grade plastic material
- Attachments can be changed easily by pushing an eject button
- It is extremely convenient and safe to use
- Quality could have been better
4. Philips HR3705/10 Hand Mixer – The speedy Blender
Philips is a company from the Netherlands which has well-established roots in India through its wide range of products available in the market. It is a subsidiary of ROYAL PHILIPS which is a diversified health and well-being company. Everyone desires to get their household chores done as faster as possible.
This Philips Hand Mixer and HAND blender has the fastest speed and is super handy. While the kitchen is equipped with a lot of things and there is no more time for anything else, this product’s 5-speed feature would help you save your time as it is available at your arm’s length. Thus the hectic daily tasks are simplified and accessible.
- Has a powerful 300 watts motor
- High-speed turbo functions
- 5 different speed settings
- Used for kneading, mixing and whisking
- Available with stainless steel hooks and stainless steel strip beaters
- Saves your precious time
- Adjustable speed settings to make different recipes
- Multipurpose usage such as kneading, mixing and whisking
- No negative points found.
5. Panasonic MX-SS1 Hand Blender – The Multi-facet
The PANASONIC APPLIANCES COMPANY INDIA LIMITED is into designing world-class products for its consumers with the aim of “Creating a better life, a better world.” They design the products for its customers to help them save their time, effort and money.
The high-speed function with a 600-watt motor of the Panasonic MX-SS1 helps you blend in the fastest way possible. The desired consistency and texture is obtained everytime you work with this specific product. This is the product required in your kitchen to experience a modern cooking.
- Powerful 600-watt motor
- High-Speed turbo function that helps to fasten your daily chores
- The smooth handle that helps in giving consistent mixing ad perfect texture
- The stainless steel blades for precise blending
- The single touch ON/OFF button
- Comes with 2 straight and 2 blending blades
- Very efficient and fast due to its powerful motor
- The high-speed function helps to save time
- Easy storage with a compact design that saves most of the area in your kitchen
- The stainless steel blades provide better longevity
- Detachable parts that help in easy cleaning
- It can get hot after continuous use.
6. Philips Daily Collection HL1655/00 Hand Blender – Ergonomic Design
This Philips hand blender is ergonomically designed using stainless steel and food-grade safe material, making it safe to use. The product comes with two different blades that allow you to whip beverages as well as eggs and cream.
- Comes with steel, rustproof metal rod that is suitable for hot or cold blending.
- Length of the product is 13 inches.
- Features a powerful motor of 250 watts.
- Voltage is 240 Volts and RPM is 18000 RPM.
- Length of cord is 1.2 m.
- Has a single trigger press for quick and efficient operation.
- It comes with two different blades so that you can whip eggs, cream, and beverages easily.
- Unique body shape without any grooves.
- Warranty: 2 years warranty.
- Designed ergonomically so that it ensures a better grip when held.
- The additional wall bracket helps in the easy storage of the product.
- Made using stainless steel which is less corrosive and food-grade materials, making it safe to use.
- The powerful motor enables you to blend tough ingredients for up to 20 minutes.
- The blender is designed in a way that makes it easy to clean.
- It is not very durable.
- Creates a noise during use.
7. Boss Portable Hand Blender – Quality on a budget
The Boss Portable Hand Blenders is a producer of a wide range of home appliances which are transported and made available to the farthest corners of India. Product utility, durability, and innovation mixed with technology are what they strive for. They help you in completing your daily chores efficiently.
The Boss hand blender of 160 Watt is one such innovation of the company that is useful in the kitchen with blending and mixing tasks. Its powerful 160-watt motor and unique design make operations quick and easier. You don’t have to worry about the space problem anymore as the product can be mounted on the wall easily.
- Has 2-speed functions
- The three specific blades for 3 different functions- whisking, mincer and beater
- A powerful 160-watt motor which provides faster and better results
- A mounting stand that helps to save the kitchen space
- Detachable parts for easy cleaning
- Variable speed options available for customized blending
- Powerful motor for precise blending
- Comfortable in hands with an easy grip
- Stainless steel rust free blades that do a variety of jobs effortlessly
- Little to no maintenance
- Not suitable for hard grinding
8. Maharaja Whiteline Turbomix Hand Blender – The Efficient Blender
The Maharaja brand has been one of the best brands when it comes to kitchen appliances. This hand blender is preferred by a lot of homemakers for its efficiency. The Maharaja Whiteline Turbomix Hand Blender has the most compact, sleek and stylish design ever. It comes with a loop that can be used to hang on the wall. Its super sharp blades make it the perfect assistant in the kitchen.
- Operates on 350-watt power motor
- The hanging loop through which the product can be hung on a wall in the kitchen
- The extremely sharp blades that help in faster blending
- Detachable parts for easy cleaning
- Comes with an 800 ml beaker
- The large jar perfect for blending food
- Easy to clean and store, thanks to its detachable parts
- Precise blending with sharp blades
- Only 1-speed option which is very less.
9. Philips HR1363 600-Watt Hand Blender with Chopper – The Multi-tasker
Philips HR1363 600-Watt Hand Blender offers a variety of facilities in a single gadget. The double action blades cut both ways – horizontally as well as vertically. It has got extra powerful turbo speed buttons that provide the best service against the hard to cut ingredients.
It has also solved the problem of food splashing out while mixing the contents by adding the anti-splash blade guard to the blender. There are various other factors provided by this product that would make you want to have it in your kitchen.
- 6oo watts powerful working motor to blend food in seconds
- Provided accessories such as- 500 ml beaker along with a lid and a chopper
- 2 -speed options
- The superior double action blades
- Anti-splash blade guard for protection against spilling of food outside
- Does not spill liquids out of the beaker
- The product does not require any installation
- Easy to hold with a firm grip
- Cuts vertically and horizontally with its super sharp blades
- The quality of the product is not that great.
10. Prestige 2 Speed Hand Blender – The Multi-tasker
Prestige 2 Speed Hand Blender offers the best quality services with its multiple functioning features that include whisking, blending or chopping.The Prestige hand blender makes it effortless and easy in just a push of a button.
Get the best results with the perfect ways and the easiest preparations. The product is worth the price as it has various accessories along with it and tops in case of performance be it any task.
- Comes with a spring-loaded chopping blade for precise, sharp chopping
- 200-watt motor
- Has two different speed settings
- Comes with a user manual to assist you with various functions
- Contains various accessories such as a jar, chopper and a whisking attachment
- Wireless and handy
- The blade has a special shield over it that helps to avoid the contact of the blade and vessel
- Does not spill or splash material outside
- Heats up fast.
11. Black+Decker Hand Mixer – Perfect For Modern Cooking
The Black+ Decker hand mixer gives you the required perfection with its various variable functions. The unique rotating bowl helps you in giving the perfect texture to your recipes. The product will not disappoint you in acquiring the desired consistency.
In order to experience a modern cooking feel this is the product that you should be having in your kitchen along with other accessories. It has got a quick beater lock and an ejection button that helps to remove the parts quickly. Also, the 3.5-litre rotating bowl is provided along with the product for the easy preparation of juices, vegetable purees, smoothies, soups, etc. and more.
- Powerful 300 watts motor
- Stainless steel beater
- Stainless steel hooks for dough
- 3.5 ltr mixing and rotating bowl
- The quick beater lock and eject system
- Light and compact design for easy use
- The variable 5-speed function
- Its fast process saves a lot of time and efforts
- The rotating bowl helps to give the perfect texture
- Made out of rust-free material which leads to longevity
- Compact design which helps to save much of the space of your kitchen
- Easy to clean
- Overheating issues were observed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of using a hand blender?
A hand blender is a versatile, light-weight and efficient kitchen appliance that is easy to use, clean and store. It is a small kitchen appliance that can be used in whipping all kinds of food including cream, eggs, and even beverages. You can also use it to blend smoothies and pureeing food items for making baby food.
The hand blender comes with blades and attachments that enable you to chop vegetables. Moreover, they are efficient and affordable appliances that every household should have.
2. What is the average wattage used by hand blender?
The average wattage used by a hand blender ranges between 300-600 watts. However, it can also be as low as 200 watts and as high as 800-900 watts.
3. How to clean a hand blender?
There are a few steps which must be followed in order to clean a hand blender:
- Make sure that the blender is not connected to any power source.
- Now, remove all the attachments of the blender including the blades, whisker, and rod.
- Take a bowl of hot water and immerse all the attachment for a few minutes in order to remove the clogged food particles. You can also add a few drops of liquid detergent in the water.
- After taking out the attachments from the bowl of water, take a sponge or cloth and soak it in regular dishwashing soap. Start wiping and cleaning the attachments.
- Rinse the attachments with normal water and keep it aside to allow them to dry.
- The base of the blender can be cleaned by wiping it with a bit of vinegar and a cloth.
4. Are parts of hand blenders dishwasher safe?
Yes, all parts of a hand blender except the base are dishwasher safe. So, you can easily clean and maintain this kitchen appliance.
Considering the products mentioned above, The Inalsa Robot Hand Blender provides you with the best results with a variety of multipurpose functions. The blenders of Bajaj and Philips are quite affordable and handy for kitchen purposes and provide you better results as compared to the other products. Most of the products provide variable speed functions that help you in adjusting speed according to your requirements. These products are easy on energy consumption which add to the advantages and is easy on your pockets. Thus, if you have a passion for cooking, want to give perfection to your dishes, the above-mentioned hand blenders would help you. More Buyer Guides and Reviews