Best Water Heaters/Geysers in India
Whether you would like to relieve the stress or alleviate the body pain, there is hardly a quicker and easier way than taking a shower under hot water.
A water geyser is an essential household appliance that provides a hot-water shower for experiencing exceptional therapeutic benefits for your mind, soul, and body. It provides rare moments of self-introspection, encourages deep-thinking, and stimulates creativity.
A high-quality water geyser makes your bathroom a luxurious and comfortable place to rejuvenate. It also improves your bathroom décor with attractive and stylish designs.
We have provided you with all the details of a water heater for home use. In this article, you can read about how electric water heater works, types of the water heater available in the market, points to consider while buying a water heater, FAQ along with 11 best geysers.
Read to explore the entire arena of best water heater geyser available in the market.
Top 11 Best Water Heaters in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
How does water heater work?
A cold winter morning calls for warm showers that activate you instantly and pushes you to work. Ever imagined how do your geysers work to provide you the best and most refreshing showers?
Here, all the things you need to know about your water heater.
A water heater consists of the following parts:
Tank – A water heater consists of an inner tank. Most of the tanks are made of steel and are lined with glass coating, which makes tank abrasion-free. This tank has the capability of holding 40 to 60 gallons of hot water at around 50 to 100 pounds per square inch.
The tank is covered with polyurethane foam (an insulating material). The outer shell resides over this inner tank.
Dip Tube – Dip tube is placed at the top of the tank from which water enters the water heater and then travels to the bottom of the tank where it is heated.
Shut-off Valve – It is a component located at the outside or above the water heater, which stops the flow of water into the water heater.
Heat-out pipe – This is the delivery pipe and is situated at the top of the tank through which the hot water flows out of the tank.
Thermostat – It is a switch that senses the temperature of the water and closes if the temperature falls and opens if the temperature of water exceeds the preset limit.
Heating mechanism – All the water heaters have heating elements inside them which heat the water. Gas water heaters have a burner and chimney system.
Drain Valve – The drain valve is situated at the bottom of the exterior housing, this makes emptying the tank easy, replacing the elements, removing the sediment and moving the tank to a different location.
Pressure Relief Valve – This valve keeps the pressure of water inside the water heater within the preset limits.
Sacrificial Anode rod – It is a rod made of aluminum or magnesium with a steel core, which helps in providing the maximum resistance to corrosion.
Types of Water Heater
There are many types of water heaters, and they work in different ways.
Tank Type Water Heaters
This type of water heaters not only heats water but also stores it. On top of the tank, there are water supply and delivery pipes.
The water supply pipe directs the cold water to the bottom of the tank with the help of a dip tube. The hot water delivery pipes collect water from the top and outflow the hot water.
All water heaters are equipped with a T&P valve, which opens when the temperature and pressure of water heaters exceed a preset limit. The tanks are made of steel and are glass-lined to keep corrosive elements out of the way.
The tanks have a magnesium anode rod to provide maximum protection against corrosion.
This anode rod starts corroding in the place of steel. However, the tank needs to be replaced once the magnesium anode is corroded.
Electric Water Heaters
An electric water heater generally operates at a voltage of 220 Volts. To heat water, the current passes through the electrical resistance heating element.
There are two heating elements placed in the tank, one in the middle of the tank and one at the bottom of the tank.
Power is transmitted to each element with the help of a thermostat. A thermostat is a switch that senses the temperature of the water.
When the temperature falls, it closes to allow the flow of current and when the temperature increases above the already set temperature, the switch opens.
An electric geyser uses a heating element to heat the water. They are the most commonly used geysers in homes. An electric water heater heats the water at a temperature that is higher than the gas water heaters.
An electric water heater is much smaller as compared to gas water heaters.
The compact and sleek design offers ease of installation. Therefore, you do not have to worry about the installation process. Many of the electric geysers come with free installation service.
These types of geysers are usually very easy to use and maintain as they have been specially designed to suit your requirements well. They are not very expensive but the operational cost of these geysers is higher than other types.
However, due to the use of different and efficient heating elements, the running cost is very less.
Gas geysers are special kinds of water heaters that use gases like propane and LPG for heating the water. If you have a connection of piped gas at your home, then this type of geysers are the best for you.
This type of water heater can heat the water in very less time as compared to other geysers.
If you are looking for a reasonable bargain deal then you can count on these types of water heaters as they are very economical is buying and usage. They even have a very low operational cost.
Owing to its large size, these water heaters are very difficult to install.
Due to their large size, they need a separate ventilation unit, for which more space is required. These types of geysers can only be installed if you have a connection to a gas source.
The installation task for them is more difficult than any other type.
Storage geysers are those geysers that have the capability of storing water. They have a built-in tank that holds the water for heating it.
The heated water outflows from another pipe which is present at the top. One major disadvantage of storage geysers is, the water held in the tank begins to lose its temperature.
Depending on the size of the tank, they come in different storage capacities. If you are a family with only three members, you would require 20 liters of hot water for bathing. So, a 25-liter storage geyser would be the right choice for you.
If you have a big family, you will require a water heater of larger storage capacity. You need to analyze the amount of water utilized at your home every day and then buy the one that matches your needs.
They are also called instant water heaters. They have the ability to heat water instantly. They are energy-efficient water heaters.
These geysers make sure that you never run out of hot water providing a continuous flow of hot water. No water is wasted in this type of water heaters.
As it heats water instantly, there is no heat loss and you get an interrupted flow of hot water.
People with small families should prefer buying this water heater. It also helps you to save power, which doesn’t increase your electricity bill.
Water Heater Buyer’s Guide
Before you lay hands on a product which will make you regret later, go through this comprehensive buying guide. You need to understand some major aspects that will guide you to the best product for your requirements.
While buying a water heater you need to analyze the requirement of hot water at your home. You need to determine this based on the quantity of water used in bathing, washing, cooking, cleaning, etc.
After analyzing the requirement, you need to see which water heater has the capacity of storing the quantity of water you need. For example – if you have a family of three members then a water heater with a capacity of 25-liter would be suitable enough.
If you have a big family and you require water for continuous showers and bathtubs, then you need a water heater with a larger capacity.
If you shell out a hefty amount for a water heater, then this is one aspect you cannot ignore. Generally, the water heater comes with a warranty for 3-12 years.
You need to choose the one which has the longest warranty offered by the manufacturer and not the seller.
Brass drain valves
You need to invest in a water heater that has a brass drain valve instead of plastic drain valves as they are more durable than plastic drain valves.
One major aspect to be considered while buying a water heater is glass-lined tanks.
Glass-lined tanks ensure the durability of your water heater as it keeps your water heaters away from the corrosion and makes the product completely abrasion-proof.
Temperature Control Knob
This feature of a water heater allows you to set the temperature of the water as per your preference.
This feature offered by a water heater gives you a clear view of the temperature and pressure you set as per your preference.
Whenever the heating element gets too hot the water heater gets switched off automatically so that no damage is caused to the appliance and there is no loss of energy.
You need to look for a water heater that offers a five-star rating. A five-star rating product consumes the least energy and helps you in keeping your electricity bills low.
You need to look for a water heater that provides maximum resistance to hard water. As hard water contains high levels of mineral salts like calcium and magnesium.
These minerals cause scaling on the inner tank and make it less resistant to corrosion. This also affects the efficiency of the water heater.
1. Crompton IWH03PC1 Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 Water Heater
Crompton has always been a leading brand in offering the best home and kitchen appliances. The great hallmark of this brand is exceptional features with great performance.
Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 is power-packed with characteristics that do not disappoint. This amazing product is designed intelligently to provide you relief as soon as you drop into your bath-tub or in a warm shower.
- This exquisitely designed water heater will add grandeur to your modernly designed bathroom.
- This water heater is customized to warm water at a warp speed and provide you the best hot showers after a haywire and tedious day at work.
- The outer body of this water heater is made of ABS plastic.
- It comprises a built-in coil that is used to raise the temperature of the water. This heating element is made from high-quality copper which does not threadbare during situations of instant power-cuts and voltage variation.
- The tank has a glass coating that averts rusting and makes this product corrosion-free.
- The thick and high glass coating makes this product highly durable and it leads to lower maintenance costs.
- This product comes with a thermal cut-out feature which ensures that if the water temperature exceeds a highest preset level, then this thermal cutout cuts off the power supply to ensure safety and avoid unfavorable conditions.
- This device is engineered with small LEDs, that notifies when the water is hot and you are ready for the refreshing shower.
- This appliance is designed with a safety valve feature that automatically relieves pressure and discharges water in case the pressure exceeds the preset limits.
- The power consumption is 3000 Watts.
- The manufacturer offers a warranty of 2 years.
- The product’s capacity is 3 liters.
- The tank is coated with Nano polymer.
- You need to purchase a separate inlet and outlet pipe.
- A 16A plug needs to be purchased separately.
2. Bajaj Flora Instant Water Heater
Another brand that has never failed in maintaining its position in the top 10 list is Bajaj. Bajaj offers an array of kitchen and home appliances. Owing to its great performance at a decent price, the Bajaj Flora 3L-3KW Instant Water Heater has become quite popular.
The sleek and stylish design is all set to add extra beauty to your bathroom. The magnificent design, its great features, and performance will calm your mind and body in the invigorating warm shower.
- The elegant body shell of Bajaj Flora 3L-3KW Instant Water Heater 3 L Instant Water Geyser adds rich splendor to your bathroom.
- This water heater heats your water in almost no time.
- The outer body is made of thermoplastic which ensures there are no traces of corrosion on the appliance.
- This water heater comes with a warranty of 2 years from the manufacturer.
- The functions offered by this device make it highly exceptional. The sturdy design makes this product quite durable.
- This product comes with a fire-retardant cable that helps you to resist the spread of fire in case of any unforeseen situations.
- The neon indicator of this appliance informs you when your water gets heated and you are ready to go.
- The power consumption is of 3000 Watts.
- It is highly affordable.
- The compact and stylish design accentuates your bathroom décor.
- It is perfect for small requirements.
- You need to purchase some extra-additional parts while installing this device.
3. A. O. Smith Water Heater
The AO Smith HSE-SDS-15 15-Litre 2000-Watt Vertical Water Heater is designed to align with your needs of an efficient, smart, and budget-friendly water heater. It is an attractive and appealing water heater in the market that blends into your bathroom seamlessly.
It has world-class features like blue diamond glass lining, glass-coated heating element, energy-efficient insulation, and multiple color options.
- The tank is lined with the blue diamond technology. This lining is strong and corrosion-resistant that provides maximum protection.
- The tank of this water heater has an anode rod that has the stainless-steel core which protects it against corrosive elements and is helpful in making it long-lasting.
- It has a temperature control knob which allows setting the temperature of water between 25-degree C to 75-degree C.
- This product comes with a thermal cut-out feature which ensures that if the water temperature exceeds the highest preset level, it cuts off the power supply to ensure safety and avoid unfavorable conditions.
- This device has a glass coating that prevents any scale formation and prevents the heating elements from wearing out.
- It is equipped with a safety valve feature that automatically relieves any pressure and allows fluid flow in case the pressure exceeds the preset limits.
- This appliance consumes a power of 2000 Watts, operating at a voltage of 230 Volts with a frequency of 50 Hz.
- It can withstand water pressure of 8 bars. So, do not worry if you are residing in high-rise towers.
- It provides maximum resistance against hard water.
- The storage capacity of this water heater is 15 Liters.
- It comes with a warranty of 7 years on the tank, 4 years’ warranty on the heating element and 2 years’ warranty on the product.
- The price of this water heater is considerably high as compared to others.
4. Bajaj New Shakti GL Water Heater
Bajaj is an Indian brand that has never failed to maintain its position in the upper echelon of home appliances, including water heaters. The Bajaj New Shakti GL has a soothing and stylish design to blend in your bathroom while providing exceptional performance
- This water heater has a massive storage capacity of 25.
- The compact, efficient, reliable water heater can very easily blend into your bathroom décor.
- The inner tank is coated with a glass-line which ensures the long-lasting water heater as it keeps the corrosive elements away and provides protection against corrosion.
- The outer body is made of plastic which does not corrode.
- This water heater is equipped with PUF insulation that retains the heat of the water in the inner tank for a very long period. So even if you switch off the water heater, the water will remain hot and will help you in saving energy.
- This water heater is engineered with multiple safety systems, that safeguards against overheating, dry heating, and excess pressure.
- The cable extension of this heater is a fire retardant that guarantees your safety and protection.
- It can be vertically mounted.
- It consumes a power of 2000 Watts.
- It comes with a warranty of 5 years on the heating element, 2 years on the inner tank, and 2 years on the product from the manufacturer.
- It can withstand water pressure up to 8 bars.
- It has an Incoloy heating element that ensures higher efficiency and durability.
- It does not heat water instantly.
5. Racold Pronto Neo Instant Water Heater
Racold is a brand that you can trust as it has been quite successful in satisfying its customers with its top-class products.
Racold Pronto Neo 3 3-Litre 3000-Watt Instant Water Heater is one of the best selling water heaters. Although this water heater is for small requirements, it is engineered with the latest technology to deliver amazing performance.
- The sleek and compact water heater will add elegance to your bathroom.
- If you are looking for a budget-friendly water heater and for small requirements, then this water heater is the right choice for you.
- This instant water heater can withstand water pressure up to 6.5 bars.
- It requires a wall mount type installation.
- The outer body is made rust-proof which increases the life of the water heater.
- A thermostat is installed in this water heater which ensures that the water is not heated above a set temperature value.
- It has an anti-siphoning system which prevents the back-flow of water from the container, which in-turn avoids dry heating.
- The high density and thick PUF ensures that the internal heat and pressure is retained for a long time, which makes it energy-efficient and helps to save electricity.
- This product comes with three-level safety for high temperature and pressure.
- The thermal cut-out feature cuts off the power supply when the water temperature exceeds the highest preset level.
- It has a safety valve feature that automatically relieves pressure and discharges water in case the pressure overshoots the preset limits.
- This water heater consumes a power of 3000 Watts, operating at a voltage of 230 Volts.
- It comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 2 years on the product, 2 years on the heating element, and 5 years on the tank.
- It is a 5-star rated product.
- It can heat water in just 3 minutes.
- It is suitable for a family of two or three members.
- This water heater is a little slow for showers.
6. Bajaj Majesty Duetto LPG 6-Litre Water Heater
This Bajaj heater is powered by an advanced combustion technology that ensures thermal efficiency and superior performance at all times.
It comes with several safety features like overheat protection, child lock, flame failure protection, etc. that will keep you and your family safe at all times. The model is also easy to use and is reliable, making it a suitable buy.
- Capacity: 6 Liters.
- Styles: LPG.
- Features an advanced combustion technology.
- Electrical input: 3 V DC.
- Has a copper heat exchanger.
- The swift auto-ignition gets the water heater cracking instantly.
- The inlet water flow sensor warns you in case the water levels are low.
- Superb performance and higher thermal efficiency.
- The two-year warranty from Bajaj makes it a reliable option.
- It comes with a 20 minutes timer to keep you informed about the heating.
- The capacity is not suitable for a big family.
7. ACTIVA Instant 3 LTR 3 KVA Tank Geyser
Activa instant tank geyser is a premium-quality geyser that is packed with a wide array of features for ensuring that you get hot water whenever you need it.
The heating element of this geyser is prepared from a high-quality material that provides long-lasting usage. It is manufactured under high-quality standards that conform to the industry norms.
- This water-geyser features a special anti-rust coating on the tank as well as the geyser that provides effective protection against rust or corrosion.
- The body of this geyser is prepared from ABS plastics and it features a high-capacity of 3 liters.
- It provides long-lasting usage for many years. It comes with a rust-proof outer body.
- It measures 44.6 x 23.7 x 23.3 cm in dimensions and it weighs 3.5 Kgs.
- It features a BIS-approved ISI specification on the heating element that extends its life.
- It comes with an extra heavy-duty element that provides enhanced heating and durability
- It features a 1-year complete warranty on the geyser and 5-years warranty on the tank.
- It is equipped with a high-quality thermostat that provides protection from overheating.
- It comes with a premium quality stainless steel tank that ensures a long-lasting life.
- It features a pure 304 L stainless steel assembly for high-performance.
- It has a high-quality 99% copper element that provides robust and quick heating.
- This geyser is designed for providing instant heating
- It provides power savings and allows you to make savings with lower electricity bills.
- It employs a specially formulated anti-corrosion solution that protects against rust, corrosion, and other deteriorating effects of water.
- You can easily check the status of heating water using its light indicator.
- It comes with an auto On-Off feature that ensures the geyser automatically switches off when the water gets over-heated.
- Sub-standard warranty and after-sales service.
8. Anchor by Panasonic Astra 3L 3KW Instant Water Heater
Anchor by Panasonic Astra is a 3 liters instant water heater that features high pressure and high standing capacity. This makes it suitable for high-pressure pump applications and high rise buildings.
It has an ergonomic design that highlights the robust combination of style and technology. Its powerful heating element ensures that you quickly get hot water anytime you need it.
It is designed to provide up to 3 levels of safety against high pressure and temperature including a safety valve, thermostat, and cut-out functionality.
- It is an instant water-geyser that features 3 Liter capacity. It works with 3000/4500 wattage electric power and features working pressure of 0.6Mpa.
- It measures 36.6 x 22.2 x 19.8 cm in dimensions and weighs 4 kilograms.
- It features a stainless steel tank that is prepared from ultra-thick and superior 304-grade stainless steel.
- It comes with a high-precision precalibrated thermostat that assists in increasing the life and performance of the heating element.
- It has a preset thermal cutout feature that automatically cuts-out the power supply of the geyser when it reaches a high and unsafe temperature.
- The outer-body of this geyser is prepared from high-quality ABS plastics. It comes with a rust-proof body that protects against corrosion.
- It features a copper heating element that provides quick heating and higher performance.
- It comes with a fire-retardant power cord that provides added safety and extra protection.
- Its safety valve provides pressure greater than 6.5 bar. It is ideally designed for high-rise buildings and offers protection against excessive pressure.
- It provides 2-years warranty on product and 5-years warranty on the inner tank.
- The tank of the geyser is prepared from stainless steel that provides enhanced durability.
- It has a bright indicator and efficient auto cut-off. Moreover, it retains the stored hot water for longer durations.
- It uses a copper heating element that provides efficient and long-lasting heating.
- It has a safety valve that provides an opening for flowing the water out on exceeding a pre-set pressure.
- Its machinery is designed for enhanced safety and conforms to international standards.
- It comes with a high-density and thick PUF that causes effective retention of internal temperature and heat.
- It delivers improved energy efficiency and reduced electricity bills.
- It does not feature a power plug or fitting pipes.
9. American Micronic AMI-WHM3-15LD
American Micronic is a brand that you can rely on without any second thoughts. American Micronic AMI-WHM3-15LDx 15-Litre Water Heater is a smart and efficient water heater and is worth your consideration.
The compact and sleek design will add beauty to your bathroom while providing the most rejuvenating warm showers, after a tiresome. It provides tremendous value for your money.
- This water heater has a storage capacity of 15 liters.
- The inner tank is lined with Titanium enamel glass that provides maximum protection against hard water and corrosion. It has a 22 x 234 mm magnesium anode which makes it more resistant to corrosion.
- This water heater consists of a 2 mm ultra-thick steel inner tank that can withstand water pressure up to 8 bars.
- This smart and efficient water heater comprises 42 mm PUF insulation with a density of 35 kg/m3, and a glass-lined heating element SUS316L which increases the life of this water heater and makes it highly energy-efficient.
- It has a variable temperature control ranging from 35 to 75-degree centigrade.
- It has a capillary thermostat which ensures water is not heated above a set temperature value.
- This product has multiple safety systems that ensure protection against dry heating and overpressure.
- It has an automatic power cut off system which ensures maximum power savings.
- It has an IPX4 – fire retardant cable which is moisture and weatherproof that prevents any mishaps and unfavorable conditions. This cable comes with a 3-pin plug.
- It consumes a power of 2000 Watts, operating at a voltage of 220-240 Volts.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years from the manufacturer.
- It has an automatic power cut-off feature.
- It has three energy-saving power modes.
- No negative points were observed so far
10. V-Guard Pebble Water Heater
V-Guard Pebble 15-Litre Water Heater is an aesthetically designed water heater that has been designed to meet all your needs. The compact and stylish design of this water heater will suit your bathroom style.
Apart from its beautiful appearance, the smart and efficient features make this water heater out of the box. It has been engineered with the latest technology to provide you the best warm and hot showers.
This water heater has been designed to function per your needs and ensure that you never run out of hot water.
- This pebble water heater consists of a tank that has 3 mm coating, which has been specially designed using the Engineered Polymer Anti Corrosion (EPAC) technology, which prevents any corrosion and provides protection against hard water.
- The pebble water heater provides panels in six different colors, available in a metallic and non-metallic finish that can accord with any bathroom decor.
- This water heater has a glass enamel coated heating element that is made of Incoloy 800 material with a filling of high-quality magnesium oxide powder that gives a high-ranking heating performance which makes it long-lasting.
- This water heater comes with an advanced Whirlflow technology which evenly disperses the inflow of cold water inside the tank to avoid its mixing with the hot water, thus providing the continuous outflow of hot water which saves power.
- This water heater can resist water pressure up to 8 kg/cm2.
- If you live at a place where hard water is supplied, then this water heater is apt for you as this pebble water heater is built with a notably designed sacrificial magnesium anode that protects the inner tank from corrosion which may develop due to hard water.
- It consumes a power of 2000 Watts.
- It is a 5-star rated product.
- The outer body is made of ABS material which makes it an abrasion-free product.
- It comes with a 7 years’ warranty on the inner tank, 4 years’ warranty on the heating element, and 2 years’ warranty on the product from the manufacturer.
- There is no free installation of the product.
11. Morphy Richards Lavo EM Water Heater
Start your day with an energized warm shower with the Morphy Richards Lavo EM 10-Litre Vertical Storage Water Heater. This easy and efficient water heater will never fail to provide you warm and hot showers on cold winter mornings.
The chrome design will ginger up your bathroom décor.
- This water heater provides you the ease of selecting the right weather mode per your needs. It even has the automatic weather heat selection feature that sets the temperature automatically per the weather.
- It offers a temperature regulation knob which allows you to set the exact temperature of the water. It has a built-in display which helps you to know the temperature you set by providing a clear view.
- It comes with remote control with which you can choose the hot water setting per your preference.
- It comprises a glass-lined coated inner tank that averts the corrosive elements and makes the product long-lasting. Thus, helping the water to stay warm for a long period.
- This water heater is suitable for you if you reside in high-rise buildings as it is capable of withstanding water pressure up to 8 bar.
- The heating element of this water heater is lined with glass coating that can provide warm water for a very long time. The pH level of water is balanced by magnesium anode rod and thus, in turn, increases the life of the heating element.
- This water heater uses a PUF material that provides insulation between the outer body and inner tank of the heater. This ensures the heat used to warm the water keeps the water warm for a long time so that it does not require more energy for heating the water.
- It consumes a power of 2000 Watts.
- It has a storage capacity of 10 liters.
- It is a 5-star rated product as per BEE.
- It comes with a 7 years’ warranty on the inner tank, 4 years’ warranty on the heating element, and 2 years’ warranty on the product from the manufacturer.
- It is a noisy water heater.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many years does a hot water heater last?
A water heater will usually last for 8-12 years on an average.
2. How often do you need to replace a hot water heater?
The older the model, the greater is the chance to replace the hot water heater. It is better to replace your water heater unit if it has reached the ten-year mark.
3. What should I look for when buying a geyser?
There are a few essential factors which you should look for when buying a geyser-like the capacity of the model, safety features, energy efficiency, warranty, etc. You can take a look at the comprehensive buyer’s guide that we have provided towards the beginning of this article.
4. How much does a geyser use in electricity?
Geysers usually consume less electricity than compared to TVs, refrigerators, and ACs. On an average use of 1 hour per day for a small family, the geyser will consume about 60 units of electricity units per month.
A water-geyser is an absolute necessity not only for surviving the bone-chilling winter comfortably but also reducing stress and experiencing quick relaxation. It instantly lifts your mood and improves blood circulation.
The medicinal benefits of a hot-water shower are plenty. It helps you to fall asleep quickly and treats your depression. It also serves as a natural decongestant and treats the symptoms of a cold.
A water-geyser helps you to enjoy a hot water-shower in all-weather conditions. It’s something you can trust for lifting your mood quickly and feeling refreshed anytime and anywhere.
Analyze your requirements and purchase the one that offers maximum features to meet your needs. From this article, we highly recommend the Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1, Bajaj Majesty Duetto LPG 6-Litre Water Heater and the AO Smith 15 Liter Water heater