Top 7 Best Face Toners for Glowing Skin
Face toners are known to work wonders when applied to the skin. It helps to minimize acne, shrink pores, and also to help to balance the skin pH levels. Face toners help to cleanse the skin and keep it moisturized. The face is an essential part of one’s being; it is, therefore, vital to take care of it at all times.
Most times, it might seem tasking to determine the best face toner due to the various skin types that abound. Different skin type requires a different kind of toner to tackle them. For dry skin, moisturizing toner should be used to address the skin problem while a mattifying lotion can be used to absorb excess oil from the face.
A face toner is seen as part of the cleansing routine that is used in removing dirt, allergens, pollution, and make-up from one’s face. Before choosing the best facial toner, first, you need to know the type of skin you have. Here we will explore the different types of skin and face toner suitable for different skin types.
7 Best Face Toners for Glowing Skin
Different Skin Types
Human skin comes in different types and textures. It is, therefore, , important to ascertain one’s skin type before choosing the right facial toner from the numerous ones in the Indian market. Getting to know one’s skin type will eliminate the possibility of buying a product that is not appropriate for one. Here are some skin types you need to know
These skin types are fully hydrated and shiny most time. Oily skin pores are often known to be enlarged. One major disadvantage of oily skin is the frequent outbreak of acne as a result of the excess oil on the face.
The skin type is usually dehydrated. It comes with small pores and feels tight after washing your face. Some of the disadvantages of dry skin are dullness, a rough-looking complexion, itchiness, cracking, redness, and dry patches.
Sensitive skins are those skin types that easily get irritated. Individuals with sensitive skin are mostly allergic to perfumes, beauty products, spicy foods, and alcohol. Some common side effects of sensitive skin are itching, burning, and redness of the skin.
Face toner is one of the various steps involved in making skin healthy and beautiful. A good quality facial toner narrows the pores, which makes the skin look younger. Facial toners also help in removing oil buildup, making it an excellent product for those who suffer from oily skin.
Face toner for different skin types
Different skin type requires a different type of toner. Here are some toners for different skin type
For those with oily skin, it is important to go for a facial toner that is gentle and refreshing to the skin. Go for face toners that contain ingredients such as sodium PCA, AHA, and sodium hyaluronate.
It is also necessary to go for toners that are free from oil. Avoid face toners that have alcohol in them since the alcohol dries off the skin while causing it to produce more oil. Other ingredients to avoid include drying agents, mineral oil, and petrolatum.
These types of facial toners are suitable for dehydrated skin. Individuals with this skin type are expected to go for facial toners that contain glycolic acid and rose hips seed oil. Others include jojoba oil, glycolipids, and other essential oils.
Harsh ingredients such as ammonium lauryl sulfate, alcohol, petrolatum, ethanol, and drying ingredients. These ingredients mentioned above are known to dry up one’s skin faster.
Gentle toners are the ideal type for all individuals with sensitive skin. These face toners that do not contain alcohol, synthetic fragrance, dyes, or acids. Others include products with sodium lauryl sulfate and ammonium since these ingredients can be irritating to the skin pH level.
It is, therefore, essential to go for facial toners that contain white tea extract, glycerin, and other antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Buying Guide for Face Toners
Before purchasing a face toner, there are some basic things one needs to look out for to make the right decision. Here are some factors to consider
The price of the toner is an essential factor to consider when picking a face toner. Exorbitant price does not necessarily mean that the product is the best, but the most expensive facial toners are better than the very cheap ones.
The skin type is another factor to consider when making a selection. Like we stated above, different skin types require a different kind of face toner. So it is essential to select the one suitable for one’s skin
Check out for the composition of the toner ingredients. Read the product label to ascertain the different components that the toner comes with. This will help you to know which one to avoid.
Try to avoid tough astringents like menthol, hazel, and alcohol. These astringents are known to be rough on different skin types. Face toners that contain these ingredients can be harsh, irritating, and can cause redness of the face.
Make sure that you are comfortable with the scent of the toner before buying. It is essential to avoid synthetic fragrances and go for pure and natural ingredients that are reputed for their gentle feel on the skin.
Top 7 Face Toners for Glowing Skin
1. Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner
The boutique bio cucumber is one of the best pores tighten face toner in the market. The facial toner is thoroughly blended with berberry, cucumber, nutgalls, coriander, and peppermint oil. It also consists of freshwaters from the foothills of the Himalayas.
The face toner is designed in a way that it stabilizes the skin pH balance, gives a perfect complexion and keep one’s skin shining and in a pure state
Some very unique ingredients that this great product comes with include Majuphal (Quercus infectoria) and Dhania (Coriandrum sativum). Others include Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata), Kheera (Cucumis sativus) Q.S. and Pudina (Mentha arvensis)
- The boutique tightening toner helps in reducing the risk of skin aging
- The application of the face toner lowers the risk associated with the exposure to the sun
- It helps keep the skin in its purest state
- It helps to keep one’s complexion into a perfect pH balance
- The face toner is blended thoroughly with pure saffron, pistachio oils, and almond
- The wild turmeric and turmeric extracts that the toner comes with help to replenish the dewy skin fullness.
- It helps to reduce wrinkles and dry lines.
- It is 100 percent organic and preservative-free
- The face toner is made to FDA and EEC standards.
- It comes with a distinct smell of alcohol
- Most individuals with a sensitive skin complained about it irritating the skin
2. WOW Lavender & Rose Mist Toner
The Wow face toner is a great product that leaves users with a soothing and seductive floral fragrance. It helps in reducing stress after the day’s work and lifting one’s mood. The toner is free from Sulphate and Parabens. The product is reputed for its exceptional qualities that are fully enriched with premium and clinically tested bio-actives. It is designed to deliver excellent skincare results to users.
The wow lavender and rose mist toner are the best for the toning part of one’s CTM routine. It helps you to look healthy and aglow perpetually. Some of the actives that the toner comes with include green tea, pure lavender, cucumber extracts, rose hydrosols, and witch hazel.
The Wow skin mist toner was designed and formulated by a team of specialists that consists of pharmacists and skincare experts. It is blended with organic virgin coconut oil, wheat protein, and avocado oil.
- The face toner is uniquely formulated to give one the best possible look
- It helps to balance the skin pH level.
- The skin mist toner is blended with the right ingredients that help to protect, hydrate and refresh the skin
- A seductive floral fragrance
- The toner is 100 percent free of harmful alcohol, mineral oils, parabens, Sulphate and other synthetic fragrance
- The face toner helps to tighten pores and help in restoring user’s skin’s inner radiance
- The skin mist toner helps to hydrate the skin
- It also forms a protective shield against acne-causing dirt
- The toner helps to lighten blemishes
- Not suitable for sensitive skin type
3. Lakmé Absolute Toner
The Lakme fix toner is an easy cleanse tone moisturizer regime. It is a perfect facial toner that helps to keep the face sparkling and moisturize. The Lakmé Absolute Pore Fix Toner helps to unclogs and tightens all pores to reveal a smooth and clean surface.
With this face toner, one can easily remove all traces of make-up and debris. It also helps to remove impurities on the skin and keep one’s skin flawless. It is a must for anyone that wishes to keep their skin smooth.
- It gives one a flawless skin
- The toner is alcohol-free – therefore gentle on the skin.
- It helps to rejuvenate and energize the skin.
- It allows for easy application since the toner comes in a mist form.
- The ease of unclogging of the pores helps for a better absorption
- Helps to give one a fresh look as it removes the excess oil
- The toner is quite expensive
4. Plum Green Tea Toner
Plum Green tea is an alcohol-free facial toner that is an ideal alternative for one’s daily face cleaning routine. It helps to keep the skin smooth, well-toned, and spotless.
It is blended with antioxidant organic green tea extracts that help to control acne (pimples) and blemishes. With the help of the glycolic acid that the toner comes with, it helps for the gentle exfoliation of dead cells and debris.
- The Green tea is an excellent natural astringent
- The face toner is antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial
- All plum package is 100 percent recyclable and 100 percent alcohol-free.
- The Glycolic acid that the toner comes with contains alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) that helps to keep one’s skin renewed and refreshed
- The non-comedogenic emollient that the toner comes with help to keep the skin soft
- Suitable for acne-prone skin
- It is only suitable for oily and combined skin type
5. Forest Essentials Facial Tonic
Forest essentials facial tonic is vibrant with a pleasant fragrance. It is made from the steam distilled water of the exquisite Bela flowers. One important thing to know about this product is that the pure spring water is infused into it to give it the freshness and purity it is reputed for around India.
The Bela flower is gotten from Madurai in South India; the facial tonic help to rejuvenate the skin’s elasticity and moisture level of the skin. The essential forest ingredients include fruits, floral, and herbal extracts that help to increase the potency of the toner.
- The facial tonic helps to revive the skin
- The forest essential toner help to tone the skin to look glittering
- The toner helps to minimize enlarged/open pores
- It helps to keep the skin hydrated and fresh.
- You can use it every day after washing face
6. Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose Water
Kama Ayurveda rose water is made from the beautiful roses of Kannauj. The rosewater used in manufacturing this toner goes through a hygienic steam distillation process that makes it come out with unmatched purity.
Rosewater acts as a natural astringent that helps to balance and restore the skin’s pH level. Get this refreshing product that can be used to keep the skin revitalized at any time of the day.
- Tighten pores of the skin and balances the skin pH level
- A perfect alcohol-free toner for acne and oily prone skin
- It leaves the skin scented as a result of the luxuriant scent of pure roses
- It comes with a soothing effect on the skin
- It comes with an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties
- It helps to treat dry and aging skin
- It helps to reduce redness, swelling, and pigmentation of the skin
- It is exorbitant
7. Khadi Mauri Cleansing and Toning Lotion
Khadi Mauri cleansing and toning lotion are thoroughly blended with lemon extracts. This toner helps to prevent loose skin. It helps to keep your skin smooth, glittering, and healthy.
It comes with some antioxidants that clear off any dark scars or spots which are caused by dust, pollution, and aging.
- The face toner is paraben-free
- The toner helps to remove environmental toxins such as smog, smoke, and other chemical residues
- The face toner helps to keep the skin looking brighter and healthier
- It helps to remove wrinkles and lines on the face
- It helps give the skin the nutrients it needs to bounce back.
- Made from natural extracts
- Suitable for all skin types
- Reliable for make-up removal
- It helps to balance the skin’s natural pH level
- It is very mild and does not show effect instantly
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of using a face toner?
Toners come with numerous benefits such as for the cleansing of the skin, reduction of pore size, and for the removal of excess oil. It can also be used for the balancing of the skin pH and removal of make-up
2. What ingredients should I look out for in a toner?
Look at the label and select ingredients such as Zinc, Vitamin C, Glycolic Acid, and Vitamin E.
3. Can all face toner be used for all skin types?
No. Different skin type comes with their kind of facial toner. Read the label to determine the one suitable for your skin type
Making use of a facial toner is an essential routine for anyone that wishes to keep their skin healthy and functional. Applying an excellent facial toner helps to remove impurities and dirt from the face. It also helps to prime the skin for the next skincare regimen.
With the above listed facial toners, you are sure of a good product that is not harsh to the skin. Endeavor to read the buyer’s guide before making your final selection.