11 Best Electric Shavers in India
The days of using blades and razors are long gone. Technology has advanced greatly, and this has made shaving much easier. Also, the invention of electric shavers makes every man enjoy this experience, as it leaves the skin clean and smooth.
If you get rashes and skin irritations after shaving, then you need to consider investing in a good electric shaver.
These shavers have been designed ergonomically to fit perfectly into your hands and offer great comfort while using them. They can also be used on practically any part of your body, your back, your face, your chest, and even your legs.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s not just men who need shavers. Women use them too, and with this range of electric shavers for women, they will appreciate them much more due to their excellent finish. If you want to use it on your legs, or your hands, you actually can.
We have provided an electric shavers guide that includes the types of electric shavers, when should you electric shavers, benefits of using it over razors, buying guide, answers to the frequently asked questions, and top 11 recommendations that will help you make the right purchase.
Top 11 Electric Shavers
For Wet and Dry Use
Our top pick
For full-body grooming
The Multi Grooming Shaver
The Rotary Shaver
Best for traveling
The most expensive Rotary Shaver for Head and beard
When Should You Use Either? Rotary vs. Foil Type Of Electric Shavers.
Use a Rotary Shaver;
- If you have thick or coarse hair.
- If you do not like the loud buzzing of a Foil Shaver.
- If your facial hair grows in lots of directions.
- If your skin is not very sensitive.
- If you have a difficult time shaving your chin and neck areas.
Use a foil shaver;
- If you have fine facial hair.
- If you prefer shaving daily.
- If you love a close shave.
- If you love to clean your shaver often.
- If you have straight facial hair.
- If you are looking for precision shaving.
Benefits Of An Electric Shaver
They are cost-effective
While you may think that razors are cheaper, they are costly in the long run. In one year, you end up spending more than $250 on razors, compared to an electric shaver that will cost you that or less, as a one-off payment.
You will then use the same electric shaver for more than one year, which means that it is much cheaper, and you end up saving more than you could ever think. It is, therefore, an investment worth having, especially for men who shave daily or often.
Some shavers last even up to 5 years, where all you will need to do is replace the blade, which is much cheaper than constantly buying razors.
Quick and easy to use
Getting ready and off to work on time must be your priority every morning, and having an electric shaver helps you do that. An electric shaver will help you get rid of that morning stubble in under 5 minutes, as compared to having to apply some shaving cream, preparing water, etc., which may take forever and probably get you late for work.
When you are in an absolute rush, you can even take your cordless electric shaver to work with you.
No skin irritation
With a razor, you must have some shaving cream to use it. Lack of it means that you cannot shave, and if you attempt to, you will end up with some ugly looking skin irritations. With an electric shaver, however, the blades are designed to give you a clean and smooth look, which means that you do not need to work too hard for that smart appearance. As a result, you do not end up with bruises and red patches all over your face.
An electric shaver will give you the cleanest and closest shave you have ever seen, and you no longer have to walk around with small pieces of hair on your face.
Reduced cuts and nicks
Most men, while shaving, tends to cut themselves a lot, and they end up with lots of tiny blood spots all over their faces. This can be avoided by using an electric shaver. These shavers are designed to protect your skin, and as a result, you end up with fewer accidents while trying to groom yourself.
The beauty of an electric shaver is that you can use it on virtually any part of your body, and you remain safe. You can use it on your face, your head, your legs, your hands, neck, back, etc. Wherever you need hair off, it is there to work for you.
Types of Electric Shavers
If you are used to the old-fashioned shaving kit that includes shaving cream, a blade, and probably some water, then you must be wondering what is different when it comes to this electric razor. Well, we are glad you asked;
An electric shaver works in 2 ways,
By use of oscillating blades, or,
By us of spinning or revolving heads
To explain these two workings, we must look at the main types of Electric shavers;
There are two types of razors. Foil shavers, and rotary shavers
This type of shaver has a thin layer of metal covering the surface of the blades. There are holes and slots which are visible through the foil, and whose work is to trap the hairs. This allows the shaver to shave very closely to the skin. These shavers are also built with oscillating blades that work together with the square heads. These blades are found under the perforated foil, and they shave-off the hair completely. You will find these types of electric shavers with brands made by Braun, Panasonic, and Remington companies.
Other types of shavers
Cordless electric shavers
This is the type of shaver that you can be able to move around with. They use a rechargeable battery that will help you operate it without necessarily connecting to a power outlet. They are perfect for people who love mess-free kind of shaving, where you are not constantly getting distracted by the long electric cords, and of course, if you have small children, this would be ideal.
This type of electric shaver can be used with or without the cord. If you want to use it cordless, then you will need to charge it in advance. However, if you forget to charge it, you can still use it while it is connected to a power outlet.
These are considered to be the best types of shavers for men. They have spinning or revolving heads, and in most cases, you will see three heads made in a triangular shape. They are designed to closely trace the contours of your head or face by moving the shaver in a circular motion. The hair slips typically into the openings of the three circular heads and is then cut off completely. This type of razor is very simple to maneuver, and its most ideal for the more difficult areas around your face such as the chin and the neck that are hard to get to, especially with the common types of shavers and razors.
If you have a lot of facial hair, then this type of electric shaver is the best. They also make less noise compared to their foil counterparts.
Buying Guide For Electric Shavers
Now, not every electric shaver in the market will meet your needs. It is, therefore, important to understand the key requirements before purchasing a shaver. These are;
If you shave daily and would like to keep your face hair-free and extremely smooth, or you simply want to trim the facial hair and ensure they do not overgrow, there is an electric shaver for each purpose. All you need to do is identify the reason why you need an electric shaver.
Foil electric shavers are ideal for everyday use and people with sensitive skin. This is because they have a metal foil that prevents direct contact with the skin. This, as a result, ensures your skin is not bruised or irritated. However, if you have very long hair, they are not suitable.
Rotary shavers are good for adjusting facial contours. If you have long hair, or you need to maintain a specific length of facial hair, these shaves are highly recommended.
Choose the shaver that will best suit your use.
There are three main categories of electric shavers when it comes to power consumption; Battery powered, plugged-in, and cordless.
Battery-powered is not ideal for everyday or long use because of its long dependence on batteries. They are, however, ideal for traveling, and especially if you shall be visiting areas that have problems with electricity, these will help you a great deal. Plugged-in electric shavers mean that you can only use them while they are plugged into a power outlet. These can be limiting, especially if you want to walk around or if you wish to carry them around, and unfortunately, you travel to an area that has no electricity.
Cordless is the type of shavers that you charge and use for a while as they maintain the charge. These need a short time of charging if you are on the go, and when fully charged, you can use them for a very long time.
Wet/dry electric shavers
Most people love shaving while in the shower, especially in the mornings, as this will save them lots of preparation time. If you are familiar with electronics, then you must understand that this is extremely dangerous if the shaver is not designed for wet use.
Some shavers have been designed for use in the shower specifically. Look out for this as it will not harm you in any way. Another good thing about this is that you can use the shaver with shaving creams and other types of gels that can help with sensitive skin.
Point to note: You are advised to use a wet electric shaver carefully, especially with gels and creams, because not all models allow this. Read the manual carefully on this, and ensure to clean the shaving unit thoroughly before using the cream.
Also, ensure to use it while not plugged in, for safety reasons, of course.
Ease of cleaning
Cleaning is vital with razors. People with sensitive skin are also prone to infections, which is as a result of unhygienic conditions. You will, therefore, need to clean the razor after each use.
The cleaning method will, of course, differ depending on the type of shaver you have. Foil razors are easier to clean compared to the rotary razors, but ensure that the foil is well protected before you start the cleaning process.
The more advanced (expensive) shavers normally have their inbuilt cleaning process, and you can even adjust the shaving procedure according to the amount of dirt the shaver has. If you get the latest in technology, you will find a disinfection system within the shaver.
Corded vs. cordless
If mobility is important to you, then you must consider this point while buying an electric shaver. A cordless shaver or a shaver that has a plug-in system offers the most mobility and is ideal for people who love to shave on the go.
A battery-powered shaver is also good because it allows you to use it without necessarily having to plug it in.
You can, however, buy a corded shaver if you use it within the house and do not need to move around, or if you own a barbershop, this would be ideal, as it will never go out of power.
It is, however, important to note that the best type of shaver is one that can work both ways, i.e., both cordless and corded, as this allows you to suit your immediate needs.
This may seem like an obvious point, but it is always important to talk about it. Most of these shavers will range between 200 INR – 50,000 INR. With electronics, it is a well-known fact that the more expensive, the better. You may need to spend a little time saving, so you can be able to buy the best electric shaver, but also remember with intense research, you may find one that will suit your needs as well as your pocket.
A high-quality shaver will also tend to last a long time, hence saving you lots of money in the process.
Most of these razors come with a very good and firm hold. They are also available in different sizes and shapes. If you have small hands, a razor shaped like a disposable shaver would be a perfect fit, while for larger hands, you will need a more ergonomically designed shaver.
Shop around and find one that will fit your hands perfectly, and ensure you are comfortable while using it, to avoid regret and disappointments every morning.
For your electric shaver to last a long time, you must ensure it is well maintained. With time, the foil and the blades will need replacement, and in most cases, this is done once a year.
When buying the razor, always enquire whether it has another set of foils and blades, while for the rotary razors, you will need to find out if you can find additional rotary heads. Investigate if the parts are easily available and where you can purchase them.
Expensive razors will have costly replacement parts, so you will need to consider this while buying the shaver.
Cutting performance; This is normally measured in Revolutions per Minute (RPM). The higher the RPM’s, the greater the performance of the shaver. An electric razor will run at, or greater than 10,000 RPMs.
Auto Charging and cleaning system: Most shavers will come with an auto cleaning and charging dock. The benefit of this is that you will not need to maintain hygiene or battery power as it does this automatically. These shavers require very little space in the bathroom and will have an ongoing cost for maintaining the cleaning cartridges.
Most shavers now are rechargeable, meaning you can use them without necessarily having to plug them in.
If you are a man who prefers a little stubble, as compared to a clean-shaven look, then you can find an electric shaver that also comes with a beard attachment. This helps you keep the length of the beard you wish without necessarily looking unkempt.
Some electric shavers, especially those designed for women, come with a charge display. This is a digital countdown that tells you the battery level. Usually, they will have a red or green indicator light that shows the battery life.
1. Havells RS7101 Electric Shaver (Black) – USB charging
This is a beautifully designed shaver from Havells that will give you a clean-shaven look you have been looking for. The Havells electric shaver is cordless for added safety, convenience, and eases.
It is ergonomically designed for ease of use, and frequency. The grip is perfect, and the anti-slip option controls your shaving experience for optimum results.
- Lithium-ion battery: This shaver uses the lithium battery, which gives it a good 75 minutes of use after 8 hours of constant and uninterrupted charging. This is good for almost 25 shaves.
- Pop-up timer: The inbuilt timer will calculate for you the length of time you need to trim your burns with excellent results.
- One-touch button; It comes with a one-touch button that makes it extremely easy to use, that even the most inexperienced shavers or barbers can learn quickly and get great results.
- Cleaning brush: Included in the packaging is a cleaning brush for hygienic purposes.
- It has a protective cap that you can use to cover the shaver when not in use. This ensures it does not get dust and dirt, hence prolonging its lifespan.
- It also has a micro USB charging and port. You can use it as a storage device.
- It is easy to use.
- Comes with an LED screen that displays the battery usage.
- Ideal for traveling.
- Comes with micro USB charging.
- It is well made to last a long time.
- Perfect for sensitive skin.
- It is expensive.
- Does not have a cord, which may limit long-term use.
2. Philips S1030/04 Electric Shaver – For Wet and Dry Use
The Philips S1030/04 electric charger provides you the option of going for a quick and comfortable dry have along with the option of opting for a wet shave. The long-lasting self-sharpening blades ensure a clean and precise shave because of its rounded profile heads that glide smoothly across your skin.
It also comes with an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to use. Moreover, this electric shaver model is 100% waterproof and fully washable, making it easy to clean.
- Has a self-sharpening blade system with rounded profile heads for smooth gliding and a reliable shave.
- Comes with three direction flex heads that adjust to the curves of your face.
- Has a cordless mode of operation.
- Maximum power consumption: 2 Watts, stand-by power is 0.1 Watt.
- It is 100% waterproof and can be rinsed under a tap.
- Comes with display charging indicator.
- A single 10 hours charge provides a running time of 45+ minutes, which is about 15 shaves.
- Has a close cut blade system which allows wet and dry use.
- Comes with a two-year worldwide guarantee.
- Ergonomic design with a smooth and secure grip for comfortable and easy handling.
- Designed to protect you from nicks and cuts while ensuring close skin contact for a clean shave.
- Gives you the option to choose between a dry or wet shave.
- The blades are long-lasting.
- Easy to clean as it is fully washable.
- It takes too much time to charge.
3. Nova Cordless Beard Trimmer – Our choice
This is a beautiful and well-designed shaver that will style your beard to the exact style and shape that you want.It is very low priced and comes with a silent working motor that works excellently without the jarring sounds made by other types of electric shavers.
- It allows both charging and plugged-in use. If you want to use this shaver without plugging it into the power outlet, you will need to give it 12-16 hours for it to charge, and an additional 1 hour of second charging.
- It has a free-floating head that has a cutter block blade. This allows you to attach different clips onto the head so that you can achieve the different depths and shapes on your beard.
- The tips and blades on the comb are extremely skin-friendly and can be used by both adults as well as kids.
- You can use it on both long as well as short hair.
- Its blades are extra sharp, and they do not wear out easily with constant use.
- It operates with a 600 MAH battery or 1.2V power.
- It can do high precision trimming edges of 0.25mm or 9mm or 6mm.
- The blades are made of stainless steel, which makes them durable and long-lasting.
- You can use it for up to 30 minutes without plugging it into a power outlet.
- It is equipped with an LED display screen that lights up whenever it is plugged in, to show the status of the battery. This enhances its ease of use.
- It has rounded tips that facilitate a hassle-free trimming performance that ensures no chances of cuts or other types of accidents.
- It can be used both as corded and cordless.
- It is inexpensive.
- Ideal for traveling as it comes with a pouch.
- It has a perfect grip.
- Very easy to clean.
- Comes with a solution for lubricating the blades.
- It does not come with a manual.
- The battery runs out too quickly.
4. Maxelnova 7882 Trimmer for Men – The quietest
This is one of the quietest shavers you shall find, and Maxelnova makes it.
It is a long-lasting product, which makes it very popular with users The razor has rounded tips make it very user-friendly, and of course, you can be able to get a very smooth trimming of your beard. The blades are made of high-grade stainless steel that is both durable and long-lasting. This will ensure you use if for a long time, and all you need to do is to replace this blade often, and you are good to go. These blades are also very sharp, and they allow you to trim your beard to a lasting trimness.
- It makes use of Dura power technology that allows up to 35 minutes of cordless use after charging it for at least 10 hours. This means that you can be able to use this charger while you move around, or while at the office in case you are having a late day.
- It is also perfect for traveling and does not disappoint.
- It allows a high precision trimming of a range of 5mm, 9mm, and 0.25mm.
- It has an intelligent anti-clip system that can be removed and reattached for ease of use and also makes it easy to clean.
- The settings on the shaver are adjustable, which means that you can be able to choose whichever one you wish, such as stubble, or even a clean-cut look.
- Skin-friendly – It does not irritate the skin.
- Ease of use- it is ergonomically designed to allow the user an effortless trimming.
- Durable – it is made of high-quality stainless steel that makes it long-lasting.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Can allow the use of batteries as well as corded use.
- The LED indicator will clearly show you how the battery is charging.
- Very reasonably priced.
- May not be ideal for long hair.
5. Philips Body Groomer for Men – Best for Sensitive skin – Our top pick
Phillips is one of the most trusted companies when it comes to electrical products, and this new shaver is no exception. It does not disappoint. It is a full-body shaver that is ideal for the most sensitive skin.
This shaver is made with a skin protection system that will protect you from the blades. You can use it on any part of your body, especially the face. You will not experience any irritations or bruises as a result of its use.
- It is a bidirectional trimmer that will catch, comb, and cut your body hair in any direction they grow in.
- It does not require you to replace the blades as they are long-lasting, and they do not wear out.
- It is 100% waterproof, which means that you can use it in the bathroom in the morning while you get ready for work. It even has a shower cord that you can hang in your bathroom when not in use.
- It uses 3 AA batteries that can be used for up to 2 months non-stop.
- The grip is ergonomically designed to allow you comfort and ease while using this shaver. You can get to the nitty-gritty of shaving without having to lose a nail or hold the shaver too hard.
- For your long body hair, it has a 3mm comb that will take good care of that.
- Ideal for sensitive skin.
- Trims all the hairs and gives a very clean look.
- Does not require constant replacement of the blades.
- It is showerproof.
- Low maintenance because of no need to replace blades.
- Uses batteries that improve their mobility.
- The combs are plastic so they can easily break.
- It fills with hair very quickly, and this can reduce its efficiency.
6. OnlineWorld Men’s Hair Trimmer – For full body grooming
This shaver has a classic old barber kind of look, and will undoubtedly give you some déjà vu moments while using it. From the color to the design, it simply screams elegant and classic.
The blades are made of high-quality stainless steel that is both durable and long-lasting. This will ensure you use if for a long time, and all you need to do is to replace this blade often, and you are good to go. These blades are also very sharp, and they allow you to trim your beard to a lasting trimness.
- It has flexible heads that allow it to float along the contours of your face effortlessly for a fast shave. The heads being flexible means they can be removed for easy cleaning as well.
- The blades are made of high-quality stainless steel that is both durable and long-lasting.
- These blades are also very sharp, and they allow you to trim your beard to a lasting trimness.
- The package includes a trimming cutter and a beard comb for detailing mustaches, sideburns, and beards.
- It is electrically powered and must be plugged in for use. This, however, ensures you can use it non-stop without having the battery run out.
- This is perfect for beards and mustaches.
- It gives a very clean-shaven look
- It comes with a beard trimmer and beard comp for maintaining a professional look.
- You can also use this shaver for full-body grooming.
- It does not allow battery use and therefore limits the user in terms of mobility.
- Has a bit of vibration that may be irritating at times.
7. Braun 6-in-One Trimmer Kit – The Multi Grooming Shaver
This is yet another grooming kit from Braun company that offers more than just shaving. It will groom your entire body, and in addition, it has a nose and ear trimmer to ensure that you look your very best.
- It comes with four combs that cover over 13 settings of precision lengths from 0.5mm – 21mm and you are free to choose whichever one you prefer.
- It requires 10 hours of non-stop charging, and this will give you almost 40 minutes of use.
- The blades are durable and long-lasting and do not require any replacements.
- The head is fully washable and removable. All you need to do is put it under running water, and it is clean enough.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty period.
- The package includes six different attachments that help you create the look you have always been looking for.
- It can be used both wet and dry.
- It is hypo-allergenic and ideal for sensitive skin.
- It is lightweight and portable so that you can travel with it easily.
- It has an ergonomic handle that gives it a firm handle and comfortable grip.
- It is well designed and extremely beautiful
- It is hypo-allergenic and ideal for sensitive skin
- It is reasonably priced.
- Ideal for close trims.
- Easy cleaning as head and comb are fully washable.
- Can be used on your ears and nose as well.
- Has six different attachments for the ultimate look.
- It is expensive.
- It makes noise while functioning.
8. Umanac Cordless Shaver – The Rotary Shaver
Elegant, stylish, modern, and sleek are words you would use to describe the Umanac cordless shaver. This shaver operates using the rotary technique with the rotary heads spinning at 360 degrees so that they can glide smoothly over your skin. As a result, you get a very close and comfortable shave.
- The shaver operates by lifting the hair off the face and cutting it using one of its blades. This produces a very clean shave that does not require you to keep shaving every day. It can take on even the thickest hairs with great ease.
- The blades are skin-friendly, and hence they will not irritate your skin.
- It comes with a pop-up trimmer that you can use to groom your sideburns and mustache.
- It also has an LED charging indicator that shows exactly which level the battery is at. You can also see it as it is charging.
- When fully charged, the battery can operate for at least 45 minutes. It will, however, require 8 hours of uninterrupted charging time.
- It will come with a protective cap that you can use whenever the shaver is not in use.
- Ideal for sensitive skin.
- Excellent battery use.
- LED indicator makes it easy to see battery life.
- The protective cap keeps it safe for long-term use.
- The pop-up trimmer will keep your mustache looking elegant.
- It gives a very smooth finish.
- Makes some noise while in use that may be irritating to some people.
- Does not have a wet use option.
9. Syska SH7200 Shaver – Best for traveling
This is a shaver that will leave you looking fantastic because of its advanced technological features. This shaver makes use of the sensor cut technology. The triple head dual is much faster, smoother, and sharper. This means that it can perform very high using this modern technology that is only available with the rotary type of shavers. This system gives a very close and comfortable shave without any cuts or nicks.
The maintenance of this machine is very easy, because of its washable and easy to open shaver head. You simply need to open the head, put it under a tap, and clean it. Leave it to dry for a short while before you can use it. The package includes a cleaning brush that helps you remove all of the hairs from the blade.
- A 360-degree acute shaving system that has two shaving tracks for a quick clean and close shave. The first blades will help in lifting the hairs and will cut off any long or thick manes, while the second blades will trim the minutest of the remaining hairs. This gives a very clean and detailed shave.
- Skin-friendly blades: The Syska Acusharp shaver is designed especially for sensitive skin. Its blades are made of stainless steel that gives a smooth trimming experience that does not irritate the skin. This also means that it is long-lasting and durable.
- The blades have an inbuilt self-sharpening technology where they brush against each other, and as a result, they sharpen themselves.
- It makes use of the sensor cut technology. The triple head dual is much faster, smoother, and sharper.
- Wet and dry use: You can be able to use this shaver in the bathroom as you take your morning shower, or even out. You can also use it with gel or with cream, whichever one you prefer. The result is always a good cut.
- The floating head ensures a very close skin contact that can adapt well to the contours of your face and offer a perfect shave to the neck as well as the jawline.
- Pop-up trimmer: This trimmer is ideal for sideburns as well as mustaches. You can seamlessly groom yourself and appear extremely smart at all times.
- It has an LED screen that is used to display the status of the battery.
- IntelliSense: This is a chip that is included in the blade, and it is used to monitor the RPM of the blades. This will help in giving a long-lasting and optimum performance.
- You can carry it wherever you wish because it is lightweight and comes with a travel pouch in its packaging. The protection cap will also keep it safe and free from dust and other types of dirt.
- The power battery can operate for up to 40 minutes on a full charge. This can give you 13 good shaves on the battery.
- The waterproof feature means you can use it in the shower.
- It has an LED screen which makes it easy to use.
- Ideal for long or short hair.
- Battery charge gives a long use.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Makes some noise which may be irritating to some people.
10. Braun Series 9 Wet and Dry Shaver – Highly Durable
This elegant looking shaver from Braun is not only quite efficient but has also been considered as one of the best in the world. It has been tried and tested and been able to prove itself beyond any doubts.
This shaver is very powerful, it has an unbelievable and unmatched closeness, and it cuts the hair in one stroke. That is how perfect it works. It will capture all the flat-lying hairs and the hairs that grow in different directions. This is, of course, a challenge that most shavers will fail in.
- German craftsmanship: It is designed and engineered in Germany, which tells you that it is indeed a piece of work, and it is made to last for at least seven years.
- Five shaving elements: it is perfectly specialized for different types of facial hair, and never misses any type of hair, whether curled or straight. These shaving modes also reduce any irritations on your skin while the hair is being cut.
- Titanium coating: Titanium is a metal that is durable and long-lasting, and it also resists corrosion. Also, it is very beautiful. This blade is coated with titanium, which means that is it built to last.
- SyncroSonic technology: This is the patented technology on Braun’s electric shaver, and it helps in automatically adapting to your beard, works easily on the denser spots, and also provides extra power wherever you may need it. This technology also has very powerful vibrations that ensure the motor works twice as fast compared to other types of blades.
- 10-D Contour Adaptation: This is what allows the shaver to work on your beard instantly and with one stroke.
- Wet or dry shaves: it is designed for use in both wet and dry situations. If you are in the bathroom taking a shower, you can carry it along with you and work on your beard stress-free. This is because it is 100% waterproof and is safe to use
- LED display: It comes with an LED screen that clearly displays the charging and capacity of the battery at all times.
- Highly advanced, and gives excellent results.
- Easy to use.
- Works on even the tiniest hairs.
- It offers 50 minutes use while cordless.
- IT is 100% waterproof, so that it can be used in the shower.
- Has a pop-up side burner.
- It is highly durable and can last for many years.
- It may not be ideal for long hair.
- It is costly.
11. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver – Rotary Shaver for Head and beard
This is a rotary shaver that is slightly more advanced in technology compared to the Braun shaver. It is also an excellent choice for people with sensitive skin.
- It has detachable shaving heads that allow you to choose whichever one you want for the type of shave you are looking for. Also, this makes it very easy to maintain and clean.
- It has wet and dry operations that allow you to use it in the shower.
- It comes equipped with three speeds of operations. You can choose to shave the sensitive skin very slowly while the non-sensitive skin can be treated to a very fast operation that gives excellent non-irritated results.
- It comes with a precision beard trimmer that helps you groom your beard in whichever style you wish.
- You can use the attached brush to massage shaving gel on your face before using the shaver.
- The shaving head moves in 8 different directions, to give you the closest cut you have ever had on your beard.
- It has an LED screen for a digital interface, which shows you the level of battery life at all times. This will also show you when the battery is low when it needs replacement or when the travel lock is on.
- The multiple speeds will give you extra control.
- The beard trimmer helps you groom your stubble stress-free.
- It will work perfectly with long hair.
- It is extremely advanced and does not irritate the skin.
- Has a self-cleaning base and cleaning brush.
- Very expensive.
- Does not give a very close shave compared to the Braun.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should electric razor blades be replaced?
The replacement of electric razor blades varies depending on the model of the razor. However, it is considered an excellent option to replace the razor blades every after 12 months.
2. Is it better to shave wet or dry with an electric razor?
Usually, an electric shaver works well if your stubble is stiff and dry. However, if you have the latest electric shaver models that are designed for both wet and dry use, you can also shave using shaving cream or gel.
3. How long should an electric razor last?
It is essential to take proper care of your electric shaver by following the guidelines mentioned by the manufacturers. Most electric shavers will last for 3-5 years. However, if you have a high-end model, the shaver will last for up to 7 years.
4. Is electric shaving better for skin?
Electric shaving is better for the skin as it provides less irritation and more comfort to the skin. It ensures a close cut shave while preventing nicks and cuts.
5. There are so many shavers in the market, which one is the best?
It depends. This may be an answer you do not like to hear often, but it is the absolute truth, it really depends on very many factors if you are to call a shaver the best.
You will need to look at the features, the price, and the thickness of your beard before you choose one that will suit you well. If your beard is very thick, then you will need an expensive and extremely advanced shaver for it.
You can have a look at our buying guide and top recommendations to find what suits you best. Everyone will find one perfect shaver that will meet their most urgent needs.
6. Are shavers better compared to razors?
Almost everyone planning to buy an electric shaver will ask themselves this question at one time or the other, and the answer lies in whether you are interested in making some long-term savings.
See, a razor is cheaper for now, but in the long run, it is very expensive, while a shaver is expensive now and in the long run, it is very cheap.
We shall explain. You will need to spend almost $300 in total each year buying new razors all the time, while you will spend $300 at once to buy an electric shaver that will serve you for a couple of years. In that couple of years, you will have spent thousands upon thousands on the razor.
So, is a shaver cheaper compared to a razor? The answer is YES! They are indeed less expensive.
7. Must I buy a shaver that comes with a cleaning station?
This comes down to personal preference.
Cleaning stations are mostly luxury items that are not entirely necessary, and that is why you will find some shavers come with a cleaning station attached, while others have it separate. This means you will need to clean it manually.
It will cost you at least $5 a month to maintain a cleaning station, and you can reduce this by not cleaning the shaver all the time.
At the end of the day, if you do not want the hustle of always cleaning your shaver manually after each use, and you can spend the extra $60 a year, then go ahead and purchase one for yourself as you shall be extremely stress-free.
8. Can I use my husband’s electric shaver on my legs?
Yes. You can use an electric shaver on your legs, but you must read the manufacturer’s manual very carefully to see if the razor you have can be used on short hair.
Some electric shavers are designed for long hair only, and hence, they may not give a very clear-cut on your lets. Also, they may not be able to get a very close cut.
You will also need to inquire if you can use shaving cream with that particular shaver to avoid skin irritations and bruises.
9. Is there anything I can do to ensure I do not get skin irritations?
Now, if your skin is sensitive, the best thing you can do is to buy an electric shaver. You will also need to buy a powerful one such as the Braun Series 7, which is perfect for people with sensitive skin.
Some of the cheaper models may not work best on your skin and may end up giving you bruises as well as rashes.
Also, you may need to invest in a good quality shaving cream that will work best for your sensitive skin. It will also help you achieve a smooth shave. Unfortunately, you may need to do some trial and error on most creams, to find one that will work best with your skin.
10. Are there specific shavers for black and white skin?
For most black men, their facial hair is usually curly, so, the best types of shavers would be the rotary shavers, as they ensure to get rid of all those small hairs that grow in all directions. While for white colored skins, and can do really.
11. Why do most shavers seem to irritate the skin when new?
This is common. Since your skin is not yet used to the shaver, it may cause some irritations, and can even cause your skin to erupt in small bumps. You need to be patient, and in the meantime, use the shaver together with good shaving cream to reduce the after-effects.
In the long-run, you will find your skin adjusting to the new shaver and will cause you fewer irritations.
The bottom line is that electric shavers are better than the standard razors. You may need some time for your skin to get used to the shaver, but, in the long-run, this is the best option for people who shave daily, and they want to save some money in the process. We highly recommend investing in one of the above shavers.