8 Best Dough Makers
Are you finding it difficult to knead the dough with your hands? Then you should consider buying a dough maker.
A dough maker is a perfect appliance for people who find it difficult to manually knead the dough. Also, using the a dough maker saves a lot of time and effort.
Apart from kneading dough, an atta maker is useful for chopping vegetables. They can be used for preparing buttermilk, milkshakes, and lassis.
A dough maker comes in two types, electronic and manual.
An electric dough maker quickly makes the dough within 30 seconds. While an automated dough maker can be a bit tougher as you have to rotate its handle.
Choosing the correct type of dough maker is a difficult task. But don’t’ worry, our complete guide on dough maker will help you choose the right one.
Top 8 Dough Makers
19 Preset Menus
Fast Working Rate
Versatile Kitchen Appliance
Smart Response Technology
High Wattage Motor, Better Performance
How to use a dough maker?
All you have to do is just pour your flour and the required amount of water and switch on the ‘start’ button. In just a couple of minutes, your dough will get ready.
This dough is smooth and consistent in texture. This does not even require the use of your hands for kneading them further.
This ensures that your worktop is free from any mess. As it does not require the usage of hands, the dough prepared is free from germs.
Dough makers ensure that your dough gets prepared in the most convenient and hygienic manner.
There are many different uses of a dough maker. Dough makers can be operated manually or electrically. These dough makers can not only be used for kneading the dough, but they can also be used in slicing and chopping vegetables.
They can be used in preparing a smooth batter for cakes or whipping cream. Some dough makers can be employed in preparing loaves of bread. Some of the dough makers have juicer attachments which help in preparing juices.
These dough makers have sharp blades, and you can adjust the speed of these blades as per your need. They come with measuring cups so that you do not put more water and less flour.
The lid of the bowl where your dough is kneaded has a small opening so that you can add water and flour when the machine is in operation. The lid is transparent, which provides you with a clear view of the kneading process.
These dough makers are dishwasher safe. You can easily prepare dough for rotis, tandoori rotis, parathas, puris, etc. The bowl is non-stick coated, which ensures that your dough does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
Handmade dough versus dough maker – The handmade dough may not have a smooth consistency. Too much moisture in the dough may not give you nice and soft chapatis.
But the dough that you get from a dough maker is very smooth in consistency, having the right amount of moisture, which gives you soft rotis.
Kneading dough by hand may add germs to the dough, which is not healthy at all. These dough makers do not require the use of hands and give you nice dough with maximum ease and in the most hygienic manner.
Benefits of dough makers
- One of the major benefits is it does not require your hands for kneading the dough. So, it works without creating any mess. With the dough hook, you can knead your dough without using your hands to douse in your dough.
- Apart from just kneading the dough, you can do a number of things with these dough makers. You can make your own pizza dough, prepare cupcake batters, whisk eggs, mash potatoes, mix meatballs, etc. They are really versatile in nature.
- They have powerful motors that would help blend the toughest dough perfectly without any hassle.
- They are really efficient and reliable. They do not increase your power bills and ensure your safety as well.
- Saves a lot of time in preparing the dough. And it is very easy to clean.
- Makes the dough in the most hygienic manner and has many customized options so that it can be operated properly, and the dough can be prepared easily.
Types of dough makers
There are many types of dough makers available in the market today. Some of them are:
Planetary dough maker
A planetary mixer has one motor and one mixing bowl. It rotates similar to the way planets move around the sun.
Hence, the name. It has an agitator and a few attachments. Some planetary mixers are placed on the worktop, and some of them are floor standing.
For domestic purposes, small planetary mixers are used, which can be easily placed on the worktop.
Advantages – They can be used for blending cookie ingredients and kneading a heavy dough, slice vegetables, chop meat, grate cheese, make batter and whip light meringues.
Spiral Dough maker
These dough makers have a spiral-shaped agitator that remains stationary, and the bowl revolves around it. The bowl rotates in both directions, so the dough kneaded is more consistent, and all the ingredients are well-blended.
Advantages – Planetary mixers usually produce more batches at one go, but spiral dough makers can produce much smaller batches which are suitable for domestic uses.
They produce less noise than planetary mixers.
Vertical cutter makers
These dough makers have a large mixing bowl with a lid. They are generally used for commercial purposes.
The interior agitator of the dough maker can be used for many purposes. However, they are not capable of producing a smooth and consistent dough as planetary and spiral makers can do.
Advantages – They are used for bulk production. They can knead the dough, mix batters, chop nuts, chop meat, chop vegetables for salads, etc.
Tilt head design
The tilt-head design allows you to easily access the bowl, beater that is attached to it, or other accessories so that you can easily add ingredients to your recipe.
Advantages – You can easily lock the head in place during operation that keeps the beater and the bowl in close contact. You can even mash large quantities of potatoes in one single go.
You can also make cookies and loaves of bread in this.
Bowl lift design
The bowl-lift design of the dough makers allows you to add ingredients while mixing, and the lever smoothly raises and lowers the bowl for more efficient contact between the beater and the ingredients.
With the bowl-lift design, it is effortless to whip mashed potatoes, mix multiple batches of cookie dough or knead bread dough.
The bowl-lift design is better than the tilt-head design as it fits under the kitchen cupboards. The bowl-lift design is also stronger than a tilt-head design.
Manual dough maker
Manual dough makers allow you to knead the dough the conventional way. They help in saving a lot of time and energy.
They are very easy to use. They have blunt blades to churn the flour and knead the dough.
The dough kneaded by it is better than dough kneaded by hands. They are also affordable.
Electric dough makers
These dough makers consume power to work. All you have to do is put the ingredients and press the start button.
It does everything on its own. They are quite expensive. It has speed settings so you can adjust the speed as per your requirement.
They save a lot of time and energy.
Electric dough makers are expensive than manual dough makers, but they are better as it does require your involvement as they run on power.
They save a lot of time and energy as well. Electric dough makers knead your dough better than manual dough makers.
Dough Maker Buyer’s Guide
- Price and warranty – Good dough makers available in the market today usually range from 500 to 3000 and with a warranty of one to two years from the manufacturer. So, look for a dough maker that is affordable and has a manufacturer’s warranty.
- Speed settings – You should look for a dough maker that has at least a 3-speed setting so that you can adjust the speed of the dough maker depending on the type of result you want. For example: while whipping cream, you can set it to a higher setting, and while kneading the dough, you can bring down the speed.
- Capacity – Most of the dough makers come with a capacity of kneading or whipping 500 grams of ingredients at once, which is sufficient for your small or large family. So, look for a dough maker that offers at least this much capacity.
- Dishwasher safe – The dough maker should be dishwasher-safe so that you can easily put it in the dishwasher and get it cleaned. This also eliminates the hassle of cleaning it with hands.
- Dough maker material – When you buy a dough maker, make sure that it should be made from high-quality plastic like ABS plastic or food-grade virgin. This will ensure greater durability and also make it rock sturdy during operation. Metal dough makers should be avoided as they are very difficult to carry.
- Type of blades – While buying a dough maker, make sure that the blades are made of stainless steel and are sharp. This would avoid rusting and ensure the durability of the blades. Plastic blades tend to bend or break over time and also do not provide nice and smooth dough.
- Important attachments – It should have a kneading attachment, which gives a fine powder into the dough. It should have a handle so that the device can be easily operated. It should have measuring cups so that you can measure water, oil, and flour appropriately.
- Timer – Every dough maker should have a timer so that you get to know how much time your dough gets ready.
- Start/Pause button – This button allows you to start and stop the dough maker whenever you want according to your need.
- Pouring shield – Some of the dough makers come with a pouring shield that fits onto the mixing bowl, which helps in adding ingredients. It also helps the lightweight ingredients from flying out of the container when you are mixing. The pouring shield should be dishwasher safe.
- Noise – Look for a dough maker that does not make noise while in operation.
8 Best Dough Makers
1. Sharp Table-Top Bread Maker – Our Pick
Sharp deals with the manufacture of a wide range of kitchen appliances that have made life much simpler. This bread maker comes with a stainless steel body that comes with an LCD, a control panel with soft-touch buttons that ensure comfortable use.
Moreover, it features a fully automatic mode of operation for your hassle-free bread making experience. The 12 pre-set menus, adjustable browning control, and great memory help in ensuring the best bread making and baking.
- The bread maker comes with a stainless steel finish with soft-touch buttons on the body.
- It comes with different loaf size options of 1.5 lb (680 g) or 2 lb (900 g).
- 12 pre-programmed menus– Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Quick, Sweet, Ultra- Fast, no-Gluten, Dough, Jam, Cake, etc
- Has an adjustable browning control using which you can adjust the brown color of the bread to dark or light.
- Has an auto-resume option for up to 10 minutes in case of a power cut.
- 12 months on-site warranty.
- Table-top installation.
- Power consumption: 600 watts.
- It has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser.
- Easy to use.
- Compact design saves space.
- The LCD shows status and timing for bread making.
- Has a fully automatic function so that you obtain a convenient experience.
- It has a powerful memory that remembers the last operations.
- The recipe book provides recipes only related to high protein flour and not regular flour.
2. Kent Atta and Bread Maker – 19 Preset Menus
Another best selling product by a trusted brand is KENT Atta and Bread Maker 550-Watt (Steel Grey). This dough maker is designed in a way that would complement your kitchen layout.
The compact and sleek design of this product does not require much space on your worktop.
- This electric dough maker automatically kneads, bakes, and ferments your food item whenever you want without any hassle.
- It eliminates the use of hands in touching the flour and kneading the dough, making the process clean and hygienic.
- With this product, you can avoid the usage of unhealthy bread, bought from the market. You can prepare your own fresh and healthy bread without any preservatives in the most hygienic way.
- It can be used for kneading any kind of dough. It just takes 15 minutes in kneading the dough. You do not even have to touch the flour with your hands. It can knead the dough for puris and chapattis.
- It has 19 preset menus to make cooking easy and quick. They are basic bread, quick bread, sweet bread, french bread, whole-wheat bread, rice bread, gluten-free bread, dessert, poori atta, pizza dough, chapatti atta, cake, jam, yogurt, bake, sticky rice, rice wine, defrost, and stir-fry.
- Kent has more than 1500 service centers in India, so you can easily get in touch with the technicians near you.
- It comes with one year warranty.
- You can bake your fresh bread without adding any preservatives.
- CheckIt works automatically with just a single touch of a button.
- It comes with 19 preset menus.
- It is not a user-friendly product.
- It is expensive.
3. Inalsa Nexa Atta Maker Cum Chopper – Overload Protector
An electric dough maker is the need of every Indian house today. Kneading the dough with hands can be a time taking and tiring task.
This electric dough maker is engineered with the latest technology so that you can get the perfect dough, and you can prepare nice chapattis in minutes.
- The elegant design of this dough maker compliments your kitchen decor.
- It has 3-speed settings, which allows you to choose the speed as per your requirement.
- The speed settings come with a pulse to add a burst of speed.
- It comprises an egg whisker attachment with the product so that you can whisk your egg easily.
- It has an atta kneader blade which kneads your dough properly.
- It has an overload protector that protects your dough maker from getting overloaded.
- It comes with two years warranty on the product.
- It consumes a power of 600 Watts and operates at a voltage of 220-230 Volts.
- It comprises a chopper, instruction manual, warranty card, and service center list.
- The user-friendly design of the dough maker makes it very easy to operate.
- It has a chopping blade to assist you in chopping your veggies.
- It has a shockproof design that ensures your safety and prevents any shocks.
- The detachable components of the product can be very easily cleaned without any hassle.
- Fitting the jar in the required slots is difficult.
- It may get hot easily.
4. Preethi Master Chef Atta Kneader – Fast Working Rate
Preethi Master Chef MGA-524 2.1-Litre Atta Kneader (White) is a very powerful dough maker that is engineered with the latest technology to provide you with the best-kneaded dough.
It is an electric dough maker and would help in reducing your time and effort.
- It is suitable for kneading and chopping.
- It has a jar of 2.1-liter capacity, which allows you to knead, mincing meat, chopping, nut grinding, pureeing, or blending 300 grams of quantity. All this work can be done in a couple of minutes.
- 300 grams of flour can be kneaded in this dough maker in less than a minute.
- It can even be used in chopping hard vegetables like carrots, spinach, beetroot, cabbage, onions in seconds.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
- It is compatible with all Preethi mixer grinders.
- It is equipped with advanced sharp blades for hassle-free flour kneading and vegetable chopping.
- It comes with a jar of 2.1 liters, kneader blade, chopper blade.
- It has a pusher that can be used as a measuring cup, which ensures that you can make soft chapattis.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- The blades are made from advanced stainless steel.
- It is quite noisy when in operation.
- Only compatible with Preethi mixer grinders
5. KitchenAid Artisan Series Mini Stand Mixer – Versatile Kitchen Appliance
KitchenAid Artisan Series 5KSM3311XBFG 250-Watt 3.3-Litre Mini Stand Mixer (Matte Grey) the most functional and hassle-free product as it would be able to understand the requirements of other homemakers.
This product is very easy to use and is highly affordable. It is equipped with some amazing features that would ease out your work in a couple of minutes.
- It has a stainless steel bowl with a capacity of 3.3 liters that can make five dozen cookies.
- It is suitable for many kinds of sweet and savory dishes like cupcakes, guacamole, minced meat, etc.
- It starts at a lower speed to prevent the splashing of your ingredients out of the bowl.
- It has a multipurpose attachment hub for spiralizer, food processor, pasta maker, ice cream maker, etc.
- The knobs of this mixer are chrome plated to avoid rusting.
- It comes with five years warranty from the manufacturer.
- It comes with many accessories like 3.3 Liter brushed stainless steel bowl, dishwasher safe coated dough hook, coated flat beater, and wire whip.
- It has a tilted head design that allows clear access to the bowl, attached beater, and accessories so that you can easily add your ingredients.
- It has a convenient power cord location and an elegant wrap-around trim band.
- It comes in 4 attractive colors so you can select the one that matches your kitchen decor.
- It has standardized attachments, sleek design, and an excellent finish.
- It has ten optimized speeds from which you can select depending on whether you want to stir wet and dry ingredients, kneading bread dough or whipping cream.
- It is a versatile kitchen appliance. You can make many sweet and savory dishes with this product.
- It can take only limited loads like 650-700 grams of flour.
6. Morphy Richards Stand Mixer – Smart Response Technology
Another dough maker that would escalate your dough kneading process is Morphy Richards Total Control 800-Watt Stand Mixer (Red). This dough maker is very easy to use and clean.
It would assist in making the perfect dough in the most hassle-free manner.
- It has a smart response technology which allows you to gain total control on the mixing process with just a touch of the button.
- It has six program settings for egg whites, whipping cream, Victoria sponge, buttercream, white bread dough, and multigrain/seeded bread dough.
- It has 6-speed controls, which allow you to choose the speed as per your need.
- The pulse settings add short bursts of power.
- It has a robust, powerful motor of 800 Watts.
- It has three sets of stainless steel attachments: cake beater attachment, whisk, and pastry dough hook.
- All the attachments can be easily and safely cleaned in a dishwasher.
- It has a pause button to stop the mixer when it requires more ingredients, and it can restart from where it left.
- It comes with two years warranty on the product.
- The automatic settings that help in delivering the right amount of power needed to cook your dish.
- Hassle-free functioning.
- Dishwasher friendly
- The mixing bowl has a capacity of 5 liters.
- Some of the flour needs to be kneaded by hand.
- It is a bit expensive
7. Homeplus Plastic Vertical Dough Maker – Powerful Motor
Preparing nice chapattis is now made easy with Homeplus Plastic Vertical Dough Maker (White, Homeplus-atta-kneader). This super affordable product is equipped with the latest technology, which would save you time and energy.
It would knead your dough so well that you would get nice and delicious chapattis without any hassle.
- It has a very powerful motor that is designed to work for heavy-duty usage.
- They are suitable for kneading and chopping.
- It consists of an unbreakable bowl that can be used for kneading and chopping.
- The blade is made for food-grade plastic for kneading and peeling of peas.
- It has an internal circuit breaker, which ensures maximum safety.
- Half kg of flour can be kneaded at one go in this dough maker.
- It has a transparent plastic lid, which provides better visibility of the dough.
- It is very easy to use and clean.
- The motor may emit smoke, which is not safe at all.
8. Hi-Tech Chef Master 101 Stand Mixer – High Wattage Motor, Better Performance
Hi-tech is an emerging brand at a global level in the home appliance. The Hi-Tech Chef Master 101 Stand Mixer is an affordable dough maker that would complete your dough kneading is a jiffy.
Apart from just kneading the dough, this dough maker is useful in many tasks. It is power-packed with amazing features that make it an excellent product.
- It consists of three blades for mixing.
- It comes with a dough hook that is specially designed for mixing and kneading yeast dough with maximum ease. It eliminated the effort of kneading the dough with hands, thus saving your time and energy.
- It has a wire whip that quickly engulfs air into ingredients for fluffy whipped cream perfect boiled frostings and cakes with whipped egg whites.
- It uses planetary motion, which is perfect for mixing.
- It has a flat beater which used to quickly mash potatoes, mixing cake batter and cookie dough and much more.
- The maximum quantity for beating, whisking, and kneading is 500 grams at one go.
- It has a motor of 600 Watts which makes it extraordinary in performance.
- Premium earphone with gIt has a 4-liter stainless steel bowl with a bowl cover so that your food does not splash anywhere.
- It is very easy to use, clean, powerful, portable, and value for money.
- It has six speeds with pulse functions, which allows you to set the speed as per your need so that you can mix to perfection.
- It has a beater, balloon whisker, and dough hook.
- It is made up of stainless steel, so corrosion is not an issue that makes it a durable product.
- It is not sturdy.
- The dough hook is made of plastic that might break during operation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take for a dough maker to prepare the perfect atta dough?
The time taken by a dough maker to prepare the perfect atta dough depends on the power consumption and the model. A dough maker is capable of kneading 1/2 kg atta in 30 seconds.
2. How to clean a dough maker?
After unplugging the appliance remove the attachments, including the dough hook, blades, and bowls. Wash the mixing bowl and blades with water and dishwashing soap.
Remove the residue and clean the tough areas using baking soda. This is followed by wiping it with a dry cloth.
3. What is the purpose of using a dough hook?
The dough hook turns and folds the dough using a single hook so that you get the perfect dough in a faster manner without having to use your hands.
According to our research, we found that Sharp 600W Table-Top Bread Maker is the best dough maker for you to purchase. This dough maker is available at a reasonable price, has a double lid design, 15-minute timer settings, offers 1-year manufacturer warranty, etc.
The features exhibited by this dough maker are sufficient for you to lay your hands on them. It has good customer ratings on e-commerce websites.
It could get quite intimidating while buying a dough maker as the options are enormous. So, we have researched a lot and found out the top 10 products for you to choose accordingly.
We also have a comprehensive buying guide that would help you in looking for different features in a product. In case you are wondering about how a dough maker works, we have a section for that also in the article.
In a nutshell, this article has everything for you to know while buying a dough maker.