7 Best Dish Drainers
According to our present generation, we need everything at a high pace rate. Be it our food, our beverages, as well as the chores to be done. We are busy with our daily and office work that we give the least attention to what’s happening inside your kitchen. Cooking is not an easy task, but cleaning the mess is even harder. All the cookware you have needs to be cleaned and dried properly after use.
You need mop every time you wash dishes as water might spill and make a floor wet. But soon came Dish Drainers in the Indian market. With platforms like Amazon, it is easy to find dish drainers in India easily. You can also find different types like stainless steel dish drainer, dish drainer plastic, etc.
This allows the fast draining of the dishes, and you could easily use it for other works. New and variety of dish drainers are available in the market, which differs on the grounds of its color, capacity, and design. Some are well-designed so that it could easily drain off the excess water from your dishes. Thanks to its unique feature!
In this article, you will find information like the advantages of dish drainers, buyers’ guide and FAQ’s. Lastly, we have also mentioned our Top 7 Recommended dish drainer baskets product for you guys.
Top 7 Dish Drainers
2 Layer Rack Basket
Easy to clean
Crockery Cutlery Plate Holder
Separate Holder for Glasses and Spoons
Advantages of Dish-drainer
Easy to store your wet dishes
It’s frustrating how you would need a place to store them after washing to let them dry. Dish-drainer allows you to pile up your dishes at a place and lets it dry.
Can store glasses and spoons
After cleaning up, the glasses and spoons trouble a lot, especially when they are made up of glass material. You have a risk of slipping them from the countertops and breaking them. This product has specific sections where you could easily place your glasses and prevent them from breaking after you wash them.
Easy to carry your dishes
After washing your dishes and letting them dry, you need to transfer them to where they were, and if you carry each one of them individually, you will find it cumbersome and difficult. With dish drainer, you can easily carry them all together to wherever you want to place them. Now easily transfer them to their respective places.
Do not fear if you have pets
Those users who have pets in their houses would feel annoyed whenever they allow their utensils to let them dry at night, and their pets jump over it and break them. With dish-drainers, the support given to the utensils while drying does not allow them to fall and break easily unless and until you throw them on your own!
Size and capacity of your dish-drainer
You must be knowing the number of times you are cooking inside the kitchen and how many plates you are using. According to that, the size of your dish-drainer varies. If you have a large number of plates that are washed at a time, you need to buy a bigger one, and the small ones can accommodate only a lesser number of utensils.
Type of utensils used
According to the type of utensil you want your dish-drainer to store, the quality depends. For utensils such as pots and frying pans, you need an extremely stronger drainer so that it can store them easily. For only glass, spoons, and plate use, you can buy the lighter one as well.
Size of your kitchen countertop
You should always buy them only after considering your countertop size. If you have a small kitchen, it is not recommended to buy the larger ones. It does not look good if your drainer is occupying the full space of your kitchen. So buy the dish-drainer according to your kitchen size.
On average, a dish-drainer can last about 3-4 years. So buy something which has long durability.
Type of drainer
There are two types of the drainer, such as over the sink, and the other one is those which can be attached to the wall. You should select the correct type according to your kitchen requirements and its space.
The material used
Customers should select the material very wisely. Dish-drainers, which are made up of wooden material, rot easily after use due to the water clogged on it. The steel material dish-drainer gets rusted after using it for sometimes. Plastics material is easy to maintain but are not durable for longer use and breaks easily.
Buy something only if it fits inside your budget. Before buying any product, you should have a clear idea of what to buy and how much you can pay for it.
Top 7 Dish Drainers
1. Planet Stainless Steel Dish Drainer – Our Pick
Your dish drainer would be capable of holding all your dishes together. Because of the poor quality of some dish drainers, it breaks easily. Planet High-Grade Premium Stainless Steel Dish Drainer, 64x47x20cm (Silver), is an exception to this case because of the strong design of this product. The double-wired stainless steel product helps you to store all your heavy plates and utensils in it without having the risk of damaging it.
- It is made up of High-grade quality stainless steel, which has a double meshed design, which makes the dish drainer strong enough to store all your heavy dishes together.
- The capacity of this product is very large, which allows you to place most of your dishes together inside it after you clean them.
- The handles of this product are made up of plastic.
- It has a unique and attractive design that looks elegant.
- It has enough storage space for all your cutleries and utensils together.
- It is easily washable and maintainable. All you need is bleaching powder to wash it and dry cloth. The easy maintainability is an added advantage to this product.
- The wiring is done closer to each other, which makes the product superior in its strength.
- It does not have an attachment for storing spoons and other cutleries.
- It does not have a tray beneath it to collect the excess water dripping from your dishes.
2. Klaxon Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack – 2 Layer Rack Basket
Doesn’t it look good when all your dishes are kept in the most organized way after washing them up? It looks so messy when you keep your dishes here and there. Apart from that, the mess that is created by the draining water from it stinks, and it becomes cumbersome to keep your kitchen look good always.
Klaxon Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack Plastic 2 Layer Dish Drainer Rack Basket – Blue & White helps you to easily keep all your washed dishes in a very organized and elegant way. Now even if a visitor takes a glance at your kitchen, you would never feel embarrassed.
- The design and color of this product add beauty and looks to your kitchen products and interiors.
- The dish drainer is made up of plastic that is food safe. You need not have to worry about your plates getting poisoned because of the unwanted materials and products by which the dish drainer is made up of.
- The product comes with an attachment that lets you hold your spoons and glasses in the most organized and efficient way.
- The racks have a separate area for piling up your plates, spoons as well as your glasses. The systematic arrangement of all your utensils helps you to increases the capacity of this dish drainer. Store more by keeping them correctly.
- It has a drip tray to let you collect all the excess water, which can be later drained off into your sinks.
- It is light-weighted and convenient to carry and handle.
- The product is not so strong.
- It is smaller in size.
3. Primeway® Wham Plastic Dish Drainer Rack – Large Size
The quality of the products is assured because of the fact that Wham products are manufactured in the United Kingdom. So, the quality of the product cannot be compromised. Primeway® Wham Large Plastic Dish Drainer Rack is a large dish drainer that is capable enough to store up to 12 plates, bowls, and two holders for cutlery.
- It comes in varying colors so you can choose any one of them according to the interiors of your kitchen and adding beauty to it.
- It has ventilated bottoms that can easily dry up your utensils.
- The dish drainer is convenient for storing different types of utensils.
- They are easy to handle and carry from one place to another.
- The ample storage space clears up the area near your sink.
- It can be stored easily inside the drawers and cupboards when not in use.
- It does not have a tray at the bottom, which does not help water to drain off.
4. HOME CUBE® Stainless Steel Dish Rack – Easy to clean
This stainless steel rack comes with a drainer that allows you to dry or drain the wet dishes while also organizing them efficiently to give your kitchen a clean and tidy look. It comes with extra slots for storing all your spoons and cutlery.
The rack can be installed over the sink so that all the water is drained into the sink, ensuring no mess or water spillage on the kitchen counter or floor.
- This over sink dish rack is made of stainless steel and plastic.
- Dimensions: 48 X 30 x 12 cm.
- It comes with a removable plastic drainer tray at the end to drain water directly into the sink.
- Comes with spoon holders.
- It can securely hold all of your kitchen utensils, including bottles, spoons, chopsticks, spatulas, knives, etc.
- Features plastic walls that hide the clutter of the dishes.
- Ensures space for drying and draining dishes efficiently with drainer tray.
- Easy to clean.
- Organizes all your utensils so that your kitchen countertop looks clean and tidy.
- The size is too small.
5. Kurtzy Dish Drainer Rack – Crockery Cutlery Plate Holder
The cool heavy duty iron made dish drainer allows you to easily store an ample amount of utensils together without having a risk of damaging them. Kurtzy Dish Drainer Rack Crockery Cutlery Plate Holder Glass Utensils Storage Organizer LxBxH has a chrome-plated body that makes them look good inside your kitchen. Let us have a look at the other features of this product.
- While dragging your dish drainer, you may find that your countertop gets scratched. But due to the silicone footpad, your countertops won’t get scratched.
- The heavy iron material allows you to store multiple plates together. This dish drainer is capable of holding multiple numbers of plates and utensils together.
- The non-toxic material does not harm your health.
- It has a separate holder for your cutleries.
- The dish drainer is easy to clean and maintain.
- It has a drip tray that lets you collect excess water that is dripping off from the plates, which makes cleaning easy.
- The material with which it is made can withstand high temperatures in your kitchen.
- It has sharp edges.
6. Sterling Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack Plastic – Separate Holder for Glasses and Spoons
Washing up your dishes was never so easy without the introduction of this innovative design dish drainer, which eases your job in the kitchen and helps you to quickly drain all your dishes at once. Sterling Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack Plastic – 2 Layer Organizer/Storage Rack & Washing Holder Basket (Color May Vary) comes with an innovative and elegant design that adds look to your kitchen. The new design and many other features make it one of the preferable choices in the market.
- The dish drainer is made up of high-quality plastic material that prevents you from thinking about rusting and damaging your dish drainers.
- The new and elegant design adds look and class to your other kitchen products.
- The separate holder for glasses and spoons lets you keep your washed dishes in a more organized and efficient way, which makes your cleaning jo very easy.
- It comes along with a tray at the bottom, which drains off the excess water from the dish drainer. The water which collects inside it can be drained off easily into your sink. The convenient and easy cleaning eases your job in the kitchen.
- The entire unit can be detached into different parts, which makes it easy for the users to clean up the product when it gets dirty. After your cleaning process is done, easily re-attach all the parts.
- The unit is made up of high-quality PP material that is non-slip and cannot be easily broken like the other plastic materials.
- No negative points observed so far.
7. Klaxon Dish Drainer – 3 Tier
It is very convenient for the user after washing of dishes that you have a place to let your dishes dry. When you keep them stacked one over the other, they occupy most of the space on the kitchen countertop as well as they do not dry quickly, and the only option left for you is to mop them with a dry cloth to make it dry.
Klaxon 3 Tier Steel Chrome Plated Durable Dish Drainer Crockery Cutlery Plates Glass Rack Organizer Holder Drip Tray – White comes with a special service for the users to let your dishes dry easily without stacking them one over the other. Since it is made up of premium metal, which makes them durable and looks elegant in your kitchen. There are other features and advantages of this product.
- The dish drainer is made up of premium quality metal that is durable and stays for a long time. The stylish, streamlined design of this product is an added advantage that comes with it making it look stylish and elegant.
- This is a 3-tier dish drainer, which helps you to assemble all your dishes spaciously. Even though you have a small kitty party arranged at your house, the cleaning would be easy and simple.
- The top tier is designed to hold plates as it has racks designed for holding them. The middle tier helps you to hold quarter plates and bowls, while the bottom tier can be used to dry the other utensils.
- The feet of this product is made up of non-marring silicon, which increases the stability by preventing movement.
- The sides of the dish drainer come with an attachment that is made up of durable plastic, which is used to hold the cutleries. Due to that, you do not have to place them in any of the three tiers.
- The dish drainer is easy to assemble and clean.
- Due to its material, it does not rust because of the water that drips over it while drying your utensils.
- No negative points observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the dish drainers?
Dish drainers are specially designed holding space in which you could place your dishes after washing it. The excess water drains off the utensils because they are placed in an upright position. Dish-drainers come in a variety of designs and capacities.
It contains specific sections for plates, glasses as well as spoons so that all of them do not pile up on your kitchen counter and make a mess out of everything.
2. How to clean dish drainer?
The most efficient way to clean your dish drainer is by using the bleaching powder. To start with your cleaning, take the dish drainer and start detaching all the parts whichever is possible. Now take a bucket and add 1/4 cup of bleach with a gallon of water.
Now put all the parts into the bucket and let it soak for sometimes. If the mildew is more on your drainer, you need to wait for a longer time. After soaking it for some time, take it out and start wiping each of the rack using a dry cloth. Let it dry for some time and use it only after full drying. Now re-attach all the parts again and use them according to your wish.
3. Is spoon holder detachable in every dish drainer?
We can see the markets are flooded with a variety of products that have various features and specifications. The spoon holder is again an attachment that comes along with the dish drainer and has been added onto it in recent releases. In every dish drainer, the spoon holder is not detachable. In some of them, it is a part of that dish drainer and cannot be removed.
4. Will steel dish drainer make scratches on the platform?
Dish drainers come along with a non-slip extendable rubber arm, which prevents its movement while putting the dishes into it. Without the rubber attachments, there might be a risk of the drainers scratching your counter while moving it through the counters. So it is better to buy a drainer that has that rubber attachment underneath it.
5. Does stainless steel dish drainer rust?
The stainless dish drainer is a rustproof product and can be one of the best choices if you are thinking of buying one. The wooden ones or the plastic ones are not an apt choice because the former gets soaked in water and rot. The plastic ones are lighter in weight and can break easily. Stainless steel serves the purpose of non-rusting and durable.
6. What is the best way to dry dishes?
Drying the dishes by wiping them using a towel is good but not the best way since it does not eliminate the moisture from them. Hence, it is always better to place them outside on a dish drainer on the kitchen counter over the sink. This allows the water to drain out while also ensuring that the dishes dry naturally and completely. It also keeps away the growth of bacteria.
7. How do you clean a rusty dish rack?
Take a solution of baking soda and water. Use a toothbrush or a steel brush to scrub the dish rack. The baking soda being non-abrasive will remove the rust from the rack. Now wipe it down using a paper towel.
8. Plastic or Steel which dish drainer to go for?
If you go for a steel rack, ensure that it is of stainless steel so that it prevents it from rusting. Nylon or PVC material are also considered safe options as they are durable and scratch-resistant. In fact, nylon is better since it does not chip easily and is resistant to heat and harsh detergents.
Apart from these products, various other products have unique features and specifications. But increasing the number of these products makes it difficult for users to choose from.
Looking at all the pros and cons, we suggest that the best option for the users would be Planet High-Grade Premium Stainless Steel Dish Drainer. The mesh wire design allows air to ventilate through it, making the drying process easy and fast. It is easier to port it and keep it wherever you wish to.
The mesh wire is nested together closely, which makes it strong enough to carry all your utensils at once. It is easily washable and can be maintained without many efforts. Talking about the budget, it is not very costly.