8 Best Dish Drainers
Are you tired of waiting for your dishes to dry after you wash them? Well, then a dish drainer rack is all you need.
When you arrange your washed dishes in a certain way they end up drying faster. Having a dish drainer rack keeps your expensive cutlery and utensils in an organized way.
Cooking is not an easy task, but cleaning the mess is even harder. All the cookware needs to be cleaned and dried properly after use. With a dish drainer rack, there is no more hassle of drying your dishes with a cloth.
Most drying racks have different sections to store utensils which makes it easy for us to have access to them when needed.
Without dish holders, we have to clean and dry the countertop as the cookware keeps spilling water. The rack allows the fast draining of the dishes without making much mess.
In this article, you will find information like the advantages of dish rack drainers, buyers’ guide and FAQ’s. Lastly, we have also mentioned our Top 8 Recommended dish drainer baskets product for you guys.
Top 8 Dish Drainers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
2 Layer Rack Basket
Easy to clean
Crockery Cutlery Plate Holder
Separate Holder for Glasses and Spoons
Advantages of Dish-drainer
Easy to store your wet dishes
It’s frustrating how you would need a place to store them after washing to let them dry. Dish-drainer allows you to pile up your dishes at a place and let them dry.
Can store glasses and spoons
After cleaning up, you have a risk of slipping glass vessels from the countertops and breaking them.
Racks come with specific sections where you could easily place your glasses and prevent them from breaking after you wash them.
Easy to carry your dishes
After washing your dishes and letting them dry, you need to transfer them to where they were, and if you carry each one of them individually, you will find it cumbersome and difficult.
With a dish holder, you can easily carry them all together to wherever you want to place them. Now easily transfer them to their respective places.
Do not fear if you have pets
Those users who have pets in their houses would feel annoyed whenever they allow their utensils to let them dry at night, and their pets jump over and break them.
With dish-drainers, the support given to the utensils while drying does not allow them to fall and break easily.
Size and capacity of your dish-drainer
You must be knowing the number of utensils and plates you are going to use for meals. According to that, the size of your dish-drainer varies.
If you have a large number of plates that are washed at a time, you need to buy a bigger one, and the small ones can accommodate only a lesser number of utensils.
Type of utensils used
According to the type of utensil you want your dish-drainer to store, the size may differ. For utensils such as pots and frying pans, you need a stronger drainer so that it can store them easily.
For only glass, spoons, and plate use, you can buy the lighter one as well.
Size of your kitchen countertop
You should always buy one only after considering your countertop size. If you have a small kitchen, it is not recommended to buy the larger ones.
You would not want the drainer to occupy full counter space of your kitchen. So buy the dish-drainer according to your kitchen size.
Type of drainer
There are two types of drainer, such as over the sink, and the other one is those which can be attached to the wall. You should select the correct type according to your kitchen requirements and its space.
The material used
Select the material very wisely. Dish-drainers, which are made up of wooden material, rot easily after use due to the water clogged on them.
The steel material dish-drainer gets rust after using it for a few months. But the ones that are made using stainless steel are an ideal option to choose since they are rustfree.
Plastic material is easy to maintain but are not durable for longer use and breaks easily.
Buy something only if it fits in your budget. Before buying any product, you should have a clear idea of what to buy and how much you can pay for it.
Top 8 Dish Drainers
1. Planet Stainless Steel Dish Drainer – Our Pick
Your dish drainer would be capable of holding all your dishes together and so it should be of the highest quality. Planet high-grade premium dish rack stainless steel is an exception to this case because of the strong design of this product.
The double-wired stainless steel product helps you to store all your heavy plates and utensils in it without having the risk of damaging them.
- It is made up of high-grade quality stainless steel, which has a double meshed design, which makes the dish drainer strong enough to store all your heavy dishes together.
- The capacity of this product is large, which allows you to place most of your dishes together inside it after you clean them.
- The handles of this product are made up of plastic.
- It has a unique and attractive design that looks elegant.
- It has enough storage space for all your cutlery and utensils together.
- It is easily washable and maintainable. All you need is bleaching powder to wash it and dry cloth. The easy maintainability is an added advantage to this product.
- The wiring is done closer to each other, which makes the product superior in its strength.
- It does not have a tray beneath it to collect the excess water dripping from your dishes.
2. Klaxon Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack – 2 Layer Rack Basket
Doesn’t it look good when all your dishes are kept in the most organized way after washing them?
Klaxon kitchen dish drainer rack helps you to easily keep all your washed dishes in a very organized and elegant way. Now even if a visitor takes a glance at your kitchen, you would never feel embarrassed.
- The dish drainer is made up of plastic that is food safe.
- The product comes with an attachment that lets you hold your spoons and glasses in the most organized and efficient way.
- The racks have a separate area for piling up your plates, spoons as well as glasses. The systematic arrangement of all your utensils helps you to increase the capacity of this dish drainer.
- It has a drip tray to let you collect all the excess water, which can be later drained off into your sinks.
- It is light-weighted and convenient to carry and handle.
- The product is not so strong
3. Raawan 3 in 1 Plastic Kitchen Sink Dish Rack Drainer
Raawan 3 in 1 plastic kitchen sink dish rack drainer is a convenient, compact, sturdy, and durable product with multiple applications. The kitchen dish rack drainer is made of heavy-duty plastic that increases the durability of the product.
The shape of this kitchen sink dish rack drainer comes with an extra tray to collect the excess dripping water, making it more versatile and kitchen friendly.
The colour (brown) and the shape of this dish rack drainer is highly attractive. Not limited only to kitchen use can also be used to store stationery items and for organizing magazines and documents.
- The convenient shape and dedicated socket for spoons and chopsticks help in easily storing different varieties of utensils.
- The lightweight (390 gms) and the convenient size (44 X 30.5 X 14.8) make it an easily manoeuvrable product in the kitchen.
- It is a space-saver; easily portable.
- The size and shape are apt for kitchen usage.
- The raised legroom of this kitchen sink dish rack drainer helps in drying the utensils easily.
- Budget-friendly product.
Colour options are not available.
4. Nyalkaran Dish Drying Drainer Rack
Drying dishes daily can be hectic if the climate is very humid. Arranging dishes in a particular way can help them dry faster which is why dish drying drainer rack is very popular and used by many.
Nyalkaran drainer rack is best suited for those who are constantly on the move. It is collapsible and can be stored away when not in use. Check out its features below.
- Nyalkaran drying rack allows you to organize your silverware, cutlery, kitchen cooking utensil in 4 sections.
- It is collapsible which makes it stand out from other products available in the market. You can pop it up or collapse it down as per your needs.
- It’s made of heavy-duty plastic and flexible silicone for durability
- The rack’s dimensions are 36.5 L x 31 W x 3 H when folded and 36.5 L x 31 W x 12.5 H CM when expanded.
- The size of the dish drying rack is compact making it highly portable
- It is made from rustproof high-quality material for durability
- It allows you to keep spoons and forks separately
- The rack sits neatly on most counter-tops
- The holes at the bottom make it easy to drain
- Size might be small for large families
5. Primeway® Wham Plastic Dish Drainer Rack – Large Size
The quality of the product is assured because of the fact that Wham products are manufactured in the United Kingdom.
Primeway® Wham large plastic dish drainer rack is a large dish drainer that is capable enough to store up to 12 plates, bowls, and two holders for cutlery.
- It comes in varying colors so you can choose any one of them according to match the interiors of your kitchen.
- It has ventilated bottoms that can easily dry up your utensils.
- The dish drainer is convenient for storing different types of utensils.
- They are easy to handle and carry from one place to another.
- The ample storage space clears up the area near your sink.
- It can be stored easily inside the drawers and cupboards when not in use.
- It does not have a tray at the bottom.
6. HOME CUBE® Stainless Steel Dish Rack – Easy to clean
This stainless steel rack comes with a drainer that allows you to dry or drain the wet dishes while also organizing them efficiently to give your kitchen a clean and tidy look. It comes with extra slots for storing all your spoons and cutlery.
The rack can be installed over the sink so that all the water is drained into the sink, ensuring no mess or water spillage on the kitchen counter or floor.
- This over sink dish rack is made of stainless steel and plastic.
- Dimensions: 48 X 30 x 12 cm.
- It comes with a removable plastic drainer tray at the end to drain water directly into the sink.
- Comes with spoon holders to keep the spoons in place.
- It can securely hold all of your kitchen utensils, including bottles, spoons, chopsticks, spatulas, knives, etc.
- Features plastic walls that hide the clutter of the dishes.
- Ensures space for drying and draining dishes efficiently with a drainer tray.
- Easy to clean.
- Organizes all your utensils so that your kitchen countertop looks clean and tidy.
- The size is too small.
7. Kurtzy Dish Drainer Rack – Crockery Cutlery Plate Holder
This cool heavy-duty iron made dish drainer allows you to easily store an ample amount of utensils together without having a risk of damaging them.
Kurtzy dish drainer rack crockery cutlery plate holder has a chrome-plated body that makes them look good inside your kitchen.
Let us have a look at the other features of this product.
- While dragging your dish drainer, you may find that your countertop gets scratched. But due to the silicone footpad, your countertops won’t get scratched while using this product.
- The heavy iron material allows you to store multiple plates together. This dish drainer is capable of holding a multiple number of plates and utensils.
- The non-toxic material does not harm your health.
- It has a separate holder for your cutleries.
- The dish drainer is easy to clean and maintain.
- It has a drip tray that lets you collect excess water that is dripping off from the plates, which makes cleaning easy.
- The material with which it is made can withstand high temperatures in your kitchen.
- It has sharp edges thus you need to handle with care.
8. Sterling Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack Plastic – Separate Holder for Glasses and Spoons
Sterling Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack Plastic Rack & Washing Holder Basket (Color May Vary) comes with an innovative and elegant design that adds a good look to your kitchen.
The new design and many other features make it one of the preferable choices in the market.
- The dish drainer is made up of high-quality plastic material that prevents you from thinking about rusting and damaging your dish drainers.
- The new and elegant design adds an elegant look to your other kitchen products.
- The separate holder for glasses and spoons lets you keep your washed dishes in a more organized and efficient way, which makes your cleaning job very easy.
- It comes along with a tray at the bottom, which drains off the excess water from the dish drainer.
- The entire unit can be detached into different parts, which makes it easy for the users to clean up the product when it gets dirty. After your cleaning process is done, easily re-attach all the parts.
- The unit is made up of high-quality PP material that is non-slip and cannot be easily broken like the other plastic materials.
- No negative points observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are dish drainers?
Dish drainers are specially designed holding space in which you could place your dishes after washing them. The excess water drains off the utensils because they are placed in an upright position.
Dish-drainers come in a variety of designs and capacities.
It contains specific sections for plates, glasses as well as spoons so that all of them do not pile up on your kitchen counter and make a mess out of everything.
2. How to clean the dish drainer?
The most efficient way to clean your dish drainer is by using the bleaching powder. To start with your cleaning, take the dish drainer and start detaching all the parts whichever is possible.
Now take a bucket and add 1/4 cup of bleach with a gallon of water.
Now put all the parts into the bucket and let it soak for some time. If the mildew is more on your drainer, you need to wait for a longer time. After soaking it for some time, take it out and start wiping each of the rack using a dry cloth.
Let it dry for some time and use it only after it is completely dry. Now re-attach all the parts again and use them according to your wish.
3. Is the spoon holder detachable in every dish drainer?
No, we can see the market is flooded with a variety of products that have various features and specifications. The spoon holder is again an attachment that comes along with the dish drainer and has been added to it in recent releases.
In every dish drainer, the spoon holder is not detachable. In some of them, it is a part of that dish drainer and cannot be removed.
4. Will steel dish drainer make scratches on the platform?
Dish drainers come along with a non-slip extendable rubber arm, which prevents its movement while putting the dishes into it. Without the rubber attachments, there might be a risk of the drainers scratching your counter while moving it through the counters.
So it is better to buy a drainer that has that rubber attachment underneath it.
5. Does stainless steel dish drainer rust?
The stainless steel dish drainer is a rustproof product and can be one of the best choices if you are thinking of buying one. The wooden ones or the plastic ones are not an apt choice because the former gets soaked in water and rot.
The plastic ones are lighter in weight and can break easily. Stainless steel serves the purpose of non-rusting and durable.
6. Plastic or Steel which dish drainer to go for?
If you go for a steel rack, ensure that it is of stainless steel so that it prevents it from rusting. Nylon or PVC material are also considered safe options as they are durable and scratch-resistant.
In fact, nylon is better since it does not chip easily and is resistant to heat and harsh detergents.
Apart from these products, various other products have unique features and specifications. But increasing the number of these products makes it difficult for users to choose from.
Choosing the perfect dish drying rack can be difficult as there are many options available. To help you out a bit we have listed our top recommendations Planet Stainless Steel Dish Drainer, Klaxon Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack and Home Cube Dish Rack, a buying guide as well as FAQ.
Always go for a rack that is durable and sturdy so that all your cutlery and utensils are safe. Investing in one good dish drying rack can serve you for years and we hope this article helps you find the one..