Best Cordless Phones
In case you are wondering who uses cordless phones in today’s smartphone-driven world; you would be pleasantly surprised to observe that cordless phones have their distinct utilities, even more so, in today’s times.
A cordless phone offers reliable reception, superior sound quality, and better network coverage than most of the smartphones. It can save you the embarrassment of poor network signals or dropped calls during an important call with a client.
Cordless phones also serve the need for a reliable common phone in the living room for everyone. You can ensure to get your message across in case you can’t connect with others over the smartphone.
The advanced cordless phone allows you to take calls through headset jacks, Bluetooth connectivity, and two-line support.
Know more about cordless phones, by reading the types of cordless phones, Buyer’s Guide, Top 6 reviews of best cordless phones, FAQs, and conclusion to pick the best cordless phone that perfectly suits your taste and budget.
Top 6 Cordless Phones
Types of Cordless Phones
The cordless phones can be categorized into Analog cordless phones and Digital cordless phones.
Analog Cordless Phone
Analog cordless phones are based on analog systems. These are simple phones that offer limited coverage range. They are inexpensive cordless phones that suffer from interference from other wireless services and thereby, do not provide excellent sound quality.
Analog phones lack security and other advanced cordless telephony features. If you want to buy a simple phone without any advanced features then it is among the most affordable variants available.
Digital Cordless Phone
Digital Cordless phones employ advanced radio communication technologies and hence provide excellent sound quality, greater coverage range, and minimal signal interference.
They also provide enhanced security features. They are more versatile and robust cordless systems than analog systems. They are an ideal choice for modern-day office and home cordless telephony needs.
Buyer’s Guide for Cordless Phones
Frequency of Cordless phone
The frequency of the phone determines its range of connectivity and ability to provide superior sound quality. The higher the frequency of the cordless phone, the better the connectivity and the larger the range it provides.
On the other hand, the lesser frequency device causes more interference during calls. The frequency options available with cordless phones are 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.8 GHz.
It is recommended to buy higher frequency cordless phones with frequency options of 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz. You may also opt for DECT 6.0 phones that provide enhanced range and improved connectivity.
The design of the phone determines its user-friendliness and convenience to use. An ideal cordless phone is compact and lightweight so that it can be easily carried around, and offers long hours of comfortable calling experience.
A heavy phone may result in painful wrists and a bigger size makes it cumbersome to place at an ideal location in the house.
Give a thought to the weight and overall size of the phone before selecting the best cordless phone.
The aesthetic appeal of a cordless phone plays a vital role in your home décor. After all, you are most likely to keep it in your living room.
The looks and appearance of your cordless phone must go along with the overall design or the theme of the home interiors.
Additionally, also consider the color, display size, font, and body finish of the cordless phone to choose the one that matches your taste.
The cordless phones come with a wide array of features. Some commonly found features in all the cordless phones include speakerphone, caller ID, handset location, backlit displays, and phonebook.
In addition to these, there are some ‘good to have’ features such as a built-in answering machine, talking caller ID, cell phone integration, etc.
If you are looking to buy a cordless phone for home usages, go for the simpler phone with fewer complex features. However, for business and official purposes, you need a cordless phone with advanced features.
Let’s briefly check out the various features of the cordless phone.
- The speakerphone allows you to talk while keeping our hands free.
- Caller ID allows you to identify the name of the person calling
- Mailbox keeps the messages left by the callers when you don’t receive the call
- The LCD screen is a visual interface for checking information like caller ID, battery life, phone directory, etc. on your handset or at its base
- Headset jack gives you the freedom of movement while taking calls during the hands-free conversation
- Two-line support allows you to receive two different calls on the same phone. It is a very handy feature for conference calls involving a three-way conversation
- Auto talk connects your call the moment you lift the handset
- Battery backup allows uninterrupted phone usage even during power shutdown
- Multiple handset option gives you the arrangement of setting up intercom throughout the house for answering your calls from anywhere
- Built-in answering machines allow you to record messages, navigate your messages, screen calls for listening to callers, and switch the answerer on and off. It also features a mailbox with a message timestamp and a message counter display
Number of Handsets/Expandability
Some cordless phones allow you to connect the multiple handsets on a single line through the main base using a telephone jack. Thus, it offers you to expand your cordless system to various rooms of your house.
You can add 5 to 12 handsets for expanding your system and creating your intercom setup. It’s a very useful feature that gives you the freedom to access the call from anywhere.
Simply purchase one handset and a base station; then add many additional handsets to it.
It is a great feature to have in your cordless phone if you face frequent power shortages in your area. Although phone lines still work in absence of power, you won’t be able to make calls.
Thus, it is recommended to pick a cordless phone with a backup battery option for emergency situations.
It is recommended to go for a cordless phone that comes with long-lasting battery life. It is a very handy feature in case you spent long hours using your cordless phone over the course of the day.
A simple cordless phone with common features costs you less than an advanced cordless phone with complex features such as emergency power backup, answering machine, and talking caller ID.
For making and receiving calls only, any inexpensive cordless phone model would serve your purpose. However, if you want to have useful features like Bluetooth connectivity or headphone support, you need to pay more.
Choose only those cordless phones that are available within your budget.
Top 6 Cordless Phones
1. VTech CS6719-2 DECT 6.0 Phone –
VTech is the pioneering brand in the electronic learning products category that offers advanced educational learning toys for infants, toddlers, and preschool kids.
Additionally, Vtech is also the leading player in cordless telephony that employs cutting edge technology for delivering high-quality residential phones.
VTech CS6719-2 DECT 6.0 phone employs advanced and innovative radio technologies for providing excellent range, superior sound quality, and minimal interference.
- Feature DECT 6.0 digital technology that uses specific reserve frequency band for cordless voice data applications
- Allows conference call facility between an outside telephone line and up to 2 cordless handsets
- Can be expanded up to 5 handsets
- Comes with phonebook directory that saves up to 50 names and numbers
- Choose any key for answering your calls
- User-friendly volume control tab in the front
- Intercom set up between the two handsets for any-time and anywhere communication
- Multilingual prompts that allow you to select between the English, French and Spanish languages
- A redial button that allows you to redial last 10 numbers
- Voicemail facility with waiting-indicator
- Ensures uninterrupted calls, high-quality sound, and excellent range coverage in comparison to other cordless phones with non-DECT technology
- Allows hands-free conversations over full-duplex handset speakerphone
- Allows for increased participation as callers from both ends can speak and hear simultaneously without canceling each other
- Enables you to receive calls from two separate phone numbers that have unique ringers for each line
- Crystal clear conference calls with two headsets and an outside line
- Illuminating LED and keypad allows you to hassle-free viewing even in the dim or low light conditions
- Caller ID feature lacks the functionality of time and date for missed calls
2. Panasonic KX-TG3611SX Digital Cordless Telephone –
Panasonic Corporation is the amalgamation of different business domain companies from home appliances to consumer electronics products.
It offers products and services for a wide range of consumer electronics appliances such as flat-panel TVs, air-conditioners, microwave ovens, refrigerators, washing machines, personal-care products, vacuum cleaners, home audio equipment, etc.
Panasonic KX-TG3611SX is a digital cordless phone that offers an array of useful features along with a unique appealing design. It effortlessly digitizes the telephonic experience and allows you to pick up any incoming call irrespective of your location in the house.
- Feature Cordless phone that supports 2.4GHz frequency band
- Provides any key answer functionality along with added utilities of the clock, alarm, digital security code, and wheel navigation keys
- Night mode functionality helps you to easily identify numbers on the alphanumeric keypad
- Speakerphone coupled with wall mountable designs allows for hand-free conversations
- Features phonebook directory that saves up to 50 names and number
- Allows you to choose from 7 different ringer patterns
- Alphanumeric keypad with backlight display and night mode feature
- A redial button that allows you to redial last 5 numbers
- AAA NI-MH battery that offers 5 hours of talk-time
- Comes with 1 year of manufacturer warranty
- Appealing aesthetics of a sleek and stylish frame complement the interiors of your home décor
- Cordless feature allows you to take your calls anywhere in the house
- The ergonomic grip makes it easy to hold on during care-free conversations
- The LCD display screen and alphanumeric keypad with backlit features provide clear viewing and user-friendly interface
- Long-lasting battery life provides 11 days of standby time once fully charged
- Can be easily mounted on the wall
- Auto answer function when you removed the handset from the base.
- Does not support Bluetooth connectivity
3. Beetel X-70 Cordless Phone –
Beetel Teletech Ltd. is the leading manufacturer and supplier of landline phones. Its diverse range of products comprises fixed-line phones, memory storage devices, modems, IT peripheral products, and other consumer products.
Beetel X-70 is a digital cordless phone that provides enhanced connectivity and high-quality sound. It comes with simplistic design and easy to use features for amazing cordless telephony experience anywhere in your house.
- The digital cordless phone supports 2.4GHz frequency band
- Allows you to connect to two lines simultaneously using its two-way handset
- Features phonebook directory that can contain up to 100 names and numbers
- The phone memory can record last 20 call log records for easy redial
- Speakerphone allows for hand-free conversations
- Powered by one Lithium Polymer batteries
- LCD screen for crystal clear viewing and user-friendly interface
- Allows you to choose from different polyphonic ringtones
- A simple and sleek frame that readily complement the interiors of your home décor
- Allows you to take your calls from anywhere in your house
- Illuminating display screen and alphanumeric keypad makes it comfortable to use in night conditions
- Offers comfortable and hand-free communication as it can easily be mounted on the wall
- With six steps ringer volume, you can conveniently adjust the ringer volume as per your need
- Does not feature answering machine
4. Gigaset A450 Black & Red Cordless Phone – Motorola-T201I-Digital.jpg
Gigaset Communications is a multinational company headquartered in Germany. It is a leading player in the field of communications technology and provides an innovative range of products including smartphones, cordless DECT phones, and telephones.
Gigaset A450 is an optimal cordless phone for your everyday cordless telephony requirements. It provides you comfortable conversations in handsfree mode with absolute clarity and awesome HSPTM sound quality.
- Provides support for 2.4GHz frequency band
- Allows you to connect to parallel internal and external calls
- Offers the indoor coverage of 50 meters and cordless telephony expandable to 4 handsets
- Comes with phonebook directory that stores up to 50 names and numbers
- The phone memory can record last 20 missed calls and 10 redial memory
- Powered by 2XAAA battery that offers talk time of 8 hours and standby of 180 hours once fully recharged
- Speakerphone allows for hand-free conversations and caller ID for identifying the incoming caller
- Comes with 1 year of manufacturer warranty
- A user-friendly text-based menu that allows you to access time, date, call duration, alarm clock, and charging status
- Employs DECT technology for superior sound quality and crystal clear conversations
- Ergonomic design that complements the interiors of your home décor and allows comfortable grip while making calls
- Illuminating LCD screen and alphanumeric keypad makes for comfortable navigation and easy viewing
- With 6 levels ringer volume adjustable settings and 5 levels handset volume adjustable settings, you can conveniently adjust the ringer and handset volume
- Does not feature answering machine
5. Motorola T201I Digital Cordless Phone –
Motorola is an American multinational company that deals in cutting- edge mobile communications technology for providing state of the art products across the categories such as Smartphones, Smart TVs, Smart home appliances, various accessories, and software solutions.
Motorola T201I is a digital cordless phone that features a striking large display with subtle color options. The black and white display comes with a bright blue backlight that adds up to its appealing appearance. It has all the components of a modern cordless phone.
- Extra-large display with visible screen diagonal measuring 2? / 4 cm
- Allows you to store up to 50 names and numbers in a phonebook directory
- Speakerphone allows the freedom of hands-free conversations
- Large bright blue backlit display
- Features Caller ID and Call waiting functionality that allows you to identify the incoming caller name and number
- Allows you to choose ringer tone from five ringtones
- The phone memory can store last 10 number redial memory
- You can put your microphone on mute and locks your keypad
- Comes with 1 year of manufacturer warranty
- Powered by 2 AAA NiMH batteries with a battery power of 550 Watts
- The extra-large LCD screen allows for comfortable visual interface
- Long-lasting battery provides talk-time of 10 hours and standby time of 48 hours
- Speakerphone allows you to engage in truly remarkable hands-free communication experience
- Multiple options of choosing 5 favorite ringtones
- Can be operated in an ECO mode
- Allows for three-way conferencing with simultaneous intercom
- Ringtone volume is extremely low which makes it difficult to hear
6. UNIDEN JAPAN AT3100 Cordless Phone –
Uniden is a Japanese company that has a robust presence in the wireless communication technologies space. It deals in the manufacturing and marketing of telecommunications equipment, digital consumer products, and radio communications equipment.
UNIDEN JAPAN AT3100 is a superior cordless phone that provides a smooth and comfortable hands free calling experience with the freedom of movement in your house.
- Features Caller Identification function for identification of name and number of coming caller
- Comes with a phonebook directory that can store up to 50 names and numbers in the phone memory
- Illuminated black and white LCD 1.5? display screen with high contrast allows for user-friendly visual interface
- Provides an efficient indoor range of 50 meters and outdoor range of 300 meters
- Powered by 2 x AAA battery that offers talk time of 8 hours and standby time of 100 hours
- Allows you to use earphone with adjustable volume up to 5 levels
- The phone memory can save last 5 number redial memory and list of 10 missed calls
- Allows you to take hassle-free parallel external and internal calls
- The ergonomic alphanumeric keypad is prepared from high-quality silicone rubber for comfortable navigation
- Keypad comprise large keys including 5 functions keys and 10 numeric keys
- LCD back-lit screen displays time, date, call duration, alarm clock, and charging status
- Offers ringer melodies with 6 levels that can be adjusted through volume settings
- Allows you to put on/off the ringer melodies by long-pressing the # key
- Convenient text-based menu for easy usage
- Does not feature answering machine
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you need to replace batteries in cordless phones?
Yes, you need to replace the batteries in cordless phones once they are old and worn out. In such a situation, replace them with a new set of rechargeable AAA batteries that have the same voltage and capacity as the original batteries.
Never use non-rechargeable batteries.
2. What is the best cordless phone for home use?
There are many varieties of cordless phones available in the market. Each such phone has its own unique set of features that include commonly available features and certain advanced features.
You need to consider a lot of factors as we have discussed in our Buyer’s guide to choosing the best cordless phone for home use within your budget and one that precisely suits your requirements.
3.. How long do Panasonic cordless phones last?
Although the average lifespan of Panasonic cordless phone batteries is 1 to 2 years, you must check out the signs of chemical corrosion once you have used your Panasonic cordless phone for more than a year.
In case of any such sign of chemical corrosion, you must immediately replace your phone batteries to avoid any damage to the printed circuit board. Any damage to the printed circuit board is beyond repairs.
With proper care, you can extend the life of your Panasonic cordless phone and its batteries. If you don’t talk for long hours, put your phone to charge in the night and use it during the day. In case you talk for long hours, ensure to charge your phone after every 2 or 3 calls.
4. What does DECT Phone mean?
DECT phone means a cordless phone that employs DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) 6.0 technology. A DECT phone uses a specific frequency band reserve specifically for the cordless voice data applications.
DECT is the most advanced radio communication technology that provides excellent sound quality, greater coverage range, and least interference as compared with the other cordless phones that use 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequencies.
A cordless phone along with its blend of useful and easy-to-use features, still proves itself to be a handy tool for our home or business offices.
Its reliability, superior call quality, inexpensive price, and advanced features give it an edge over smartphones at home, specifically in rural regions.
The advanced models of cordless phones feature customizable settings, easy-to-use interface, answering machine, multiple handsets, emergency power backup, Bluetooth connectivity, headphone jack, etc.
Read on our comprehensive Buyer’s guide for picking the best cordless phone for empowering your communications at home and offices alike.