5 Best Coffee Tables
A center table or a coffee table is a vital requirement of every household. It is a compact table with adequate space designed for placement in front of or next to your sofa or upholstered chairs. The crucial piece of furniture adds character and sophistication to your living room. It makes your home look lively and welcoming.
The table is designed to support coffee mugs and other beverages while you engage in an exciting conversation. It serves several different purposes, making it the second most essential purchase after couches, sofas, and upholstered chairs. The table completes the look of your home decor. Hence, it is vital to choose the right type of coffee table for your living room.
There are different types and styles of center tables available in the market. Hence, choosing a center table may be a tedious task. Here we have provided insight on the importance of coffee table and comprehensive buyer’s guide to help you with your choice.
5 Best Coffee Tables
Importance of Coffee Table
A center table is a crucial piece of furniture required to complete the look of your living room or bedroom. It serves several purposes, including storage and display.
Let us take a look at the importance of having a center table
A coffee table offers support to coffee mugs and other beverages. It also enables you to place a snack platter and magazines. Hence, it helps you in engaging in a conversation with your family and friends over a cup of coffee.
It is also ideal for placing everyday objects, including remote controls, smartphones, books, laptops, and other small items.
A coffee table may include separate compartments for additional storage. You can utilize the space to place small decorative items. Hence, it works as a display unit to enhance the overall outlook of your modern home decor.
The elegant and contemporary center or coffee table completes the look of your bedroom or living room. It should be placed in front of or next to your sofa or upholstered chair. The aesthetically pleasing design makes your home look modern, lively, and comfortable.
You can place essential everyday items on your coffee table. It ensures easy access to these items even when you are seated on the sofa. Hence, it is a useful piece of furniture, which every household must possess.
Types of Coffee Table
Modern Coffee Table
Modern coffee tables were produced in the late 19th century and have evolved over the years. There are various designs and styles of modern coffee and center tables for you to choose from based on the aesthetic of your home decor.
Contemporary Coffee Table
Contemporary coffee tables have gained immense popularity over the recent years. It is designed using a metal base and glass tops. It includes a solid wood or engineering wood construction with a dark wenge or walnut matt finishing.
Parson’s Coffee Table
Parson’s coffee table is a modern square or rectangular coffee table. It features four-flush, square legs with a thickness similar to that of the flat top. The design was first created in the 1930s. It has evolved in its plan to fit many modern home decor.
Industrial Coffee Table
Industrial coffee tables are constructed using metal and wood. It provides the feel of industrial tools. The sturdy construction and rustic finishing blend with loft-style living rooms. You can also add contrast to softer surroundings by placing an industrial coffee table.
Mid Century Coffee Table
Mid-century coffee tables take inspiration from the great design between the 1950s and 1960s. These tables are constructed using wood or molded plastic. The legs resemble simple and clean lines for a minimalistic look. The simple yet elegant design provides a sophisticated look to your living room.
Consider the dimensions of the coffee table before making a choice. It is a thumb rule that the size of the table you buy should be less than two thirds the size of your sofa.
Ensure that you go for a compact size center table that does not take up space in your living room. However, it should have adequate space for everyday objects like remote controls, coffee mugs, laptop, and decorative items.
Material and Finish
You can choose a sturdy, and durable coffee table made using Sheesham wood and solid wood. Other common materials used for the construction of center or coffee tables are MDF, engineering wood, and particleboard.
Ensure that the material used for the building is of superior quality.
A matt finish coffee table that is dark wenge or walnut in color enhances the look of your living room. You can also go for a natural grain finish if you are looking for a natural and rustic coffee table.
The modern and contemporary style of the coffee table makes your room look aesthetically pleasing. It enhances the overall outlook of your home decor. Moreover, your living room or bedroom will look more lively and modern. You can choose between various color options to add a splash of color to your minimalist home decor.
The coffee table should include separate compartments or sections. These compartments provide additional storage for your books, magazines, decorative items, and other small everyday objects. It also acts as a display unit, which enhances the aesthetics of your modern home decor.
A center or coffee table designed with wheels is a convenient option. Ensure that the table includes 360-degree rotatable castor wheels with a lock function. The wheels enable you to move around the table with ease while the lock function locks the wheels in position. It makes the table portable.
5 Best Coffee Tables
1. Corazzin Wood Rectangle Coffee Table –
Corazzin is a leading furniture brand on amazon, which deals with the manufacture of all kinds of furniture. It is working since 1995 in Rajasthan to produce exceptional quality beds, tables, wardrobes, bookshelves, cabinets, and other furniture.
The Corazzin Wood Coffee Table uses Sheesham wood as the primary material of construction, while solid wood is used as secondary material. It comes with a rectangular design. The product is handcrafted and handpainted by artisans and craftsmen in India. It is a durable and reliable coffee table to consider buying.
- Product dimensions (L x W x H): 96 x 56 x 36 cm.
- It is constructed using Sheesham wood and solid wood.
- It features a rectangular shape.
- The table is handcrafted with Antique Rural artwork and handpainted by artisans.
- Available in five different designs.
- It is a reliable and durable product.
- Skilled artisans of India individually handcraft it.
- The wood used for construction is harvested from renewable sources.
- The finishing of the table was uneven.
2. DecorNation Aurora Wooden Coffee Table –
The Decornation Aurora Wooden Coffee Table is an ideal option for placing coffee mugs, magazines, or snack platters.
You can also use the solid wood and MDF table as a center table in living rooms and bedrooms. It features an elegant and aesthetically pleasing design that makes the room look more modern and lively. The compact size enables you to place it anywhere in your living room.
- Dimensions (W x H): 30 x 18 inches.
- It is constructed using solid wood and MDF material.
- This MDF painted tabletop is round in shape.
- Available in various colors: yellow, white, and orange.
- This center table is a perfect combination of aesthetics and functionality
- The compact size saves space in your living room.
- The elegantly designed coffee table enhances the modern look of your living room.
- It is durable and light-weight.
- The MDF material makes it easy to handle.
- Value for money
- No such cons were observed
3. DeckUp Siena Coffee Table –
You can place the DeckUp Siena Coffee Table in your office or home as per your requirement. It features a contemporary and stylish design, which gives your interior a classy look.
The table is constructed using engineering wood with a laminate finishing. It includes six separate compartments, allowing you to store and display additional items. It is available in three color options for you to choose from, i.e., wenge, dark wenge, and walnut.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 35.4 x 16 x 15 inches.
- It is made using engineering wood with lamination.
- It features a matt finishing.
- The coffee/center table includes six different compartments.
- It comes with DIY assembly instructions for basic assembly.
- Available colors: wenge, dark wenge, and walnut.
- The six compartments provide additional storage.
- The contemporary design and laminated finish give it a classy and stylish look.
- Easy to assemble.
- The length of the table is short.
4. Bluewud Osnale Coffee Table –
The Bluewud Osnale Coffee Table is constructed using particleboard made using high-grade prelam engineering wood. The modern and contemporary table features a natural grain finish in wenge color, providing a natural and rustic look to your living room.
It has a sturdy construction. Moreover, it is easy to assemble provided you have the right tools and follow the detailed instruction manual.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 39 x 21.2 x 16.1 inches.
- The table weighs 9 kg.
- It is constructed using particleboard made of high-grade pre lam engineering wood.
- It comes with a natural wood grain finish.
- The coffee table features a modern and contemporary style.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Require basic assembly, which is convenient and straightforward.
- It provides a rustic and natural style to your home decor.
- It features a sturdy construction.
- The corners are very sharp
5. Purple Furniture Compact Coffee Table –
The Purple Furniture Coffee Table is an ideal option for small apartments and living rooms. It comes with durable and sturdy construction making it a reliable choice. The compact center table is made using 18 mm premium engineering wood.
The wenge finishing enhances the overall look of your home decor. It is a portable table that includes 360-degree rotatable castor wheels with a lock function.
- Dimensions (L x B x H): 24 x 14 x 16 inches.
- The table weighs 8.9 kg.
- It is constructed using 18 mm premium quality engineering wood.
- It features a wenge finishing.
- It comes with 360-degree rotatable wheels and a lock function.
- Easy to assemble.
- It features durable and sturdy construction.
- The wheels make it easy to move around.
- The compact size saves space in the living room.
- It is not very stable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the center table?
A center table is a compact size table designed to be placed in the center of the room. It enables you to place items as display units to enhance the look of your living room. You can also place magazines, coffee mugs, snack platters, and other items on the center table.
2. What is the purpose of a coffee table?
A coffee table is a compact center table designed to be placed in front or next to the sofa or upholstered chair. It enables you to place your coffee mugs, beverages, books, magazines, and snack platters for ease of access. You can also place decorative items for adding style to your home decor.
3. What is the standard size of a center table?
The standard size of a rectangular center table is between 36 and 40 inches wide.
4. What size should a coffee table be?
The standard size of a rectangular coffee table should be 120 cm by 60 cm. You should get a coffee table that is two-thirds the size of your sofa.
5. Who invented the coffee table?
Coffee tables have rumored to be invented by J Stuart Foot of the Imperial Furniture Company in 1920. He lowered the legs of a regular table and created the first coffee table while helping his wife for a party.
6. How did the coffee table get its name?
Tea tables were designed to support beverages between sips. It was 27 inches tall compared to the modern coffee tables, which are 18 to 19 inches high. The name was changed from the tea-table to the coffee table because coffee became more popular than tea.
The article explains the importance of a center table or a coffee table. It is an essential piece of furniture that enhances the aesthetics of your home decor. The useful piece of furniture completes the look and feel of your living room. Hence, it is crucial to choose an ideal coffee or center table for your home.
We have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide explaining the essential factors, which should be considered before making a purchase. You can go through the detailed reviews of the top 5 coffee tables available on Amazon and make a suitable choice.
The Corazzin Wood Sheesham Coffee Table is our number one recommendation. You can also consider the Decornation Aurora Wooden Coffee Table. It features a compact size and contemporary design, making it an ideal choice for small modern apartments.
We hope this article will help you make the right choice!