Best Chromebooks in India
Why do you need a Chromebook in a world ruled by macOS and Windows? Well, if you are an internet-savvy person who breathes and lives on the internet and your forte lies in browsing; then the Chromebook is designed for optimally fulfilling your computing needs.
A Chromebook is equipped with a Google Chrome OS, and it is cheaper than other laptops with Windows or Mac OS. It still allows you to install and run Microsoft office software.
A Chromebook enables you to store and retrieve files stored on the cloud. It also offers free storage on your google drive.
Top 9 Best Chromebooks in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
High Performance & Portability
Valuable & Affordable
Best Processing Speed
Best Build Quality
Good Low-End Product
Unique Features of Chromebooks
The market is now flooded with gadgets from giant brands like Samsung, Asus, HP, and Dell.
Therefore, it is important to look into the finer details of particular features and factors before making a purchase decision.
Google’s operating system that is installed in Chromebooks is user-friendly and easy to use.
However, to get the best out of your Chromebook device, you have to learn the advanced features and a few tricks.
This enables you to find a way to work offline, play games, access some Android apps, manage tasks, and much more. Here are the things that you need to know about Chromebooks:
Chromebooks are primarily designed to function on an internet connection. Google has, however, been collaborating with app service providers to avail more offline advantages to the customers.
As a result, many website apps are including offline abilities to enable users to play or work when the device is not connected to the internet.
To check the platforms available offline, you have to navigate the box that is marked “Runs Offline” on the Chrome Web Store.
Chromebooks entered the market as a serious threat to tablets. They, however, lacked in terms of high portability and user experience that tablets provide.
But over the years, Chromebooks have been evolving, and as of now, we have models that offer 180-degree barrel hinges that allow you to fold the screen back on itself like a tablet.
Chromebooks strictly operate on Google’s Chrome OS. It does not allow the installation of Windows or macOS or any other operating systems. You have to get used to Chrome OS and Chrome browser to get the best out of these gadgets.
The amazing thing about these gadgets is that, like the browser itself, it has advanced features and add-ons that improve its versatility of operations.
As mentioned earlier, Chromebooks have started to incorporate the applications you see in Android smartphones and tablets courtesy of the Google Play Store to make it more convenient for users.
You can now access games and productivity apps to allow you to have an expanded platform for your smartphone.
Many app developers are working hand in hand with Google to optimize their platforms for perfect compatibility with the Chrome OS.
The first device to launch with Google Play Store pre-installed was Samsung Chromebook Plus, but the trend has become a standard for most market models.
Storage Space & RAM
Being primarily an internet device influences much of the storage space in Chromebook’s Cloud, Dropbox, and any other online storage platform.
But that is not always possible because to access these spaces, you need an internet connection.
Even though Chrome OS works seamlessly with Google Drive, it is advisable to go for a model with a storage space of 32GB and above, especially if you are the type that needs offline storage for remote access whenever you want.
When it comes down to RAM, this is essential as it determines the machine’s processing speed. Models that integrate 2GB of RAM face an uphill task when several browser tabs are open simultaneously.
This should be avoided because the internet is where one page leads you to information on another page, and the opening of many tabs are inevitable. A Chromebook device that has a 4GB RAM can simplify work for you.
Smartphones used as Passwords
Instead of typing in digits and letters as your password every time you want to log into your Chrome OS, there is a way you can configure your smartphone. Whenever your phone near it, the Chrome OS unlocks automatically.
You only need an Android 5.0 or above device to find a sound Bluetooth connection by navigating through the settings under the ‘Smart Lock’ of your OS.
With this kind of setup, your device remains locked when you are away and opens again when you come back with your smartphone adjacent to it.
Unlike macOS and Windows, it is simple to switch from one user account to another on Chrome OS. This is because most of the activities on a Chromebook are confined to the web.
With the device’s Guest Mode enabled, you can seamlessly switch from one user to another by switching between tabs on the internet.
In fact, it is possible to add several permanent users with everyone in charge of their personal online accounts.
On average, a Chromebook can survive on a single charge for a minimum of 8 hours. That is why they are ideal for students because they can get a lot of work done without plugging in a charger.
The Chrome OS, by default, is low on energy consumption. You can play games, work, and browse all day without worrying about draining your battery.
It is well known that Chromebooks come with different USB ports and HDMI points. So it is important to consider a device that either has an SD card slot or USB Type-C connections to make work easier for you.
Similarly, these devices do not support ports for connection to printers like in Windows and other devices. In that case, you have to either look for a device whose firmware update supports wireless printing via the drive or a Google Cloud Print Ready certified printer.
Of course, your budget depends on what sort of Chromebook you can go for.
Chromebooks are relatively cheaper compared to laptops. But since the devices are becoming more advanced every year, more premium and expensive models are getting launched.
Chromebooks are versatile 2 in 1 laptop in the sense that you can switch between various modes. The commonly available modes are the stand, tent, laptop, and tablet.
The resolution on the screen determines clarity and workability with Android Apps when in tablet mode. Choose a resolution that will be clear from all viewing angles.
Difference between Chromebooks and Laptops
Chromebooks are basically laptops operating on a Chrome OS. But aside from the operating system, Chromebooks vary from laptops in almost all aspects.
Starting from the size, Chromebooks are designed with minimalistic features and lightweight, while laptops are more cumbersome.
The prices too vary with laptops selling more expensive because they are more self-contained. The internet does much of the heavy lifting for the Chromebook models.
Most Chromebooks have little internal memory with most top-notch models featuring a maximum of 64G when it comes to storage.
Unlike laptops, you have to hasten your proficiency with storing and retrieving files on the cloud. Furthermore, it is a familiar trend with most Chromebooks to include 100GB of free storage on Google Drive.
Chromebooks are mainly meant for those who love casual browsing, streaming music & movies, Gmail, and formatting documents via Google Docs.
9 Best Chromebooks in India
1. Lenovo Chromebook
Lenovo C330 is a bright and attractive Chromebook that integrates a powerful MediaTek MT8173C Processor. This gives it a fast processing speed that can easily handle multitasking and heavy game graphics.
It features a solid plastic chassis body to give it a sturdy look and make it lightweight. One good feature of this Chromebook is that it supports four different modes.
You can easily switch from tent to laptop, and tablet modes whenever you want with the screen responding quickly to the adjustments.
- Integrates 4GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB internal storage in the drive. It is rare to find a Chromebook machine with such a capacity within this price range. It also comes with a free 100GB on Google Drive
- The device features a touchscreen IPS display that is 11-inches. This display is efficient in all the available modes and works especially fine for multimedia and computing
- There are two USB ports on either side of the Chromebook; Type-C and Type 3.0. Additionally, an HDMI port, together with a memory card slot, is incorporated on the sides
- The keyboard and trackpad are made of high-quality plastic that feels nice and comfortable to work on
- Like most of the models already reviewed in this article, Lenovo C330 is a 360-degree convertible laptop. This allows for switching from one mode to another
- It comes with built-in virus protection; hence, you no longer need to be worried about losing your data
- It weighs 1.2kgs only
- It has extended battery life
- It does not require huge setup steps as you just need to log in through Google
- It has a sharp, colourful IPS screen
- The built quality is solid
- Easy to use and easy installation of any app
- Touchscreen that complements Android Apps for a perfect experience
- Comes with an SD card slot
- Bluetooth connection cuts any and every limitation
- It does not support Linux applications
2. Samsung Galaxy Chromebook
Samsung Galaxy Chromebook enterprise edition is a Chromebook designed especially for business applications. It enables you to experience robust and efficient business capabilities.
This Chromebook serves as a secure enterprise solution that keeps your team connected to the cloud from the field. It features the 10th gen processor and provides seamless cloud connectivity.
It is one of the thinnest and lightest convertible laptops that enable your workforce to work smarter by using a 4K AMOLED display and a digital pen.
This Chromebook provides simple and efficient management with its built-in Chrome Enterprise Upgrade.
It comprises 24/7 IT admin support, managed security, simplified device orchestration, and seamless integration with existing infrastructure.
With a single device, you can enjoy power productivity by collaborating across teams offline or online. It easily integrates with G-suit, and it is completely optimized for Android applications.
- It features epic 13.3 inches, touchscreen, 4K AMOLED, 3840 x 2160 resolution display that provides a comfortable viewing experience
- It is designed for providing enhanced security with multilayered defences throughout its architecture including browser, firmware, apps, OS, data, etc
- It comes equipped with a 360° hinge that allows you to use it as a laptop, tablet, and anything in-between
- It features a slim and sleek body that is constructed from premium aluminium material
- It is a lightweight Chromebook that weighs 1.4kgs. It features the thinnest design with 0.39 inches when closed so that you can easily carry it wherever you go
- Its stunning touchscreen display makes it look beautiful and feel very easy on the eyes with less blue light. Thus, you can work late nights or throughout the day without straining your eyes. It comes with an ultra-thin bezel that provides more screen space
- It comes with a built-in pen that is perfectly designed for handwritten sketches, notes, or marking documents. This pen works without any batteries, and hence you need not charge it
- It features a 10th gen Intel core i5 10210U processor that delivers lightning-fast performance for easily handling multiple projects
- It provides a quick start and shows seamless compatibility with all the apps you require for boosting your work performance
- Its Smart lock feature provides smart working as you can unlock your Chromebook by using your smartphone as the key. You don’t require a hotspot and simply use your phone with instant tethering for staying connected
- It features 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD hard drive storage. It comes with integrated Intel UHD graphics that provide faster and efficient working of graphical applications
- It comes with a powerful 1M front camera, an 8M camera on the keyboard deck, 2 stereo speakers, and a microphone
- It features 4 cells lithium-ion 6390 mAh battery that provides up to 8 hours of battery life
- It comes with Google Assistant that helps you control smart devices, do multi-tasking, and get answers to your queries to enhance your productivity. It also gives you access to all the apps you want for your work just like the Google Play store
- This Chromebook provides robust multi-layer security with its google security chip that encrypts and protects sensitive data on the device
- It employs sandboxing that separates device functions for containing the malware-infected programmes
- It is designed for lightning-fast performance with all the productivity apps you require in the cloud or the field
- Its ultra-thin design ensures you can enjoy immersive and head-turning visuals experiences
- It comes with a pen that is easy to use so that you can admire your handiwork
- It is designed for cloud productivity, and it is powerful enough for handling all the local apps and even virtual desktop.
- With this Chromebook, you can make calls with just a click
- It comes with a built-in fingerprint sensor that unlocks and provides access to your Chromebook with a simple touch of your fingertips
- It features automatic software updates that are designed to keep your Chromebook safe and secure without causing any interruptions in your work
- No negative points observed so far
3. Acer Chromebook– Valuable & Affordable
With the looks and style that draws inspiration from MacBook Air, Acer R11 is a premium Chromebook with a full aluminium body.
Its processing speed might not be the best, but a 360-degree flip-flop hinge gives it a tip over competitors in the same price segment.
The machine is super lightweight and slim, with a thickness of about 19.2mm. This sized Chromebook can seamlessly fit into your backpack.
A good option for students who majorly use Google Docs and rely on the browser for their research and casual browsing.
- Acer R11 features an 11.6-inch touchscreen with a resolution of 1366×768. Despite the small size, the device displays nicely
- On both side peripherals are two USB ports; Type 2.0 and Type 3.0
- Other features include the full-size HDMI port, SD card slot, and a headphone jack
- The machine incorporates 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage space. The internal memory might seem like low capacity, but this is fair compared to other Chromebooks. Furthermore, Acer R11 comes with a bonus of 100GB storage on Google Drive
- Acer R11 design is minimalistic, with dimensions measuring 11.57×8.03×0.76 inches. This makes it highly portable
- It has a long battery life of up to 10 hours
- The machine is convertible
- It comes with a 720P webcam. This enables skype and other video chat platforms
- Very quick in its action
- It’s a user-friendly device
- The screen displays in HD only
4. HP Chromebook – Budget Machine
HP has built its brand and trust with its customers for some time now. This HP Chromebook follows the trend with its combination of premium features at an affordable price.
The device features a slim, lightweight design similar to that of the HP Stream mini-laptop.
The look of the product both up close and from afar seems impressive with a decent surface that does not leave fingerprints when you touch it. The software experience is worth mentioning as the machine runs fast and efficiently.
- Despite its minimalistic design, the gadget incorporates two USB 2.0 ports and one USB 3.0 port. It also includes an HDMI port, a headphone jack, and a Bluetooth 4.0 combo.
- The performance of this device is highly boosted by the Intel HD graphics that improve its processing speed. Starting the device and booting up takes happens almost at an instant.
- HP Chromebook device houses a RAM of 4GB and internal storage of 16GB
- The display resolution is 1366x768p
- Supports photo editing and gaming
- It does not take much time to boost
- The device wakes up just by touching the keys
- The keyboard is visible in low light
- Being extremely lightweight, it can easily be carried
- Internal storage limited to only 16GB (Most of it is occupied by pre-installed apps)
- Battery life could be better
5. Google Pixelbook – Best Processing Speed
Processing power is a top priority feature in a laptop, especially if you use it for professional duties, and you like to play games.
The Google Pixelbook is a premium device that features a super slim design with amazing features that can do for you just about everything you need in a laptop.
It was the first Chromebook to launch with an inbuilt pixel pen and Google Assistant features.
If you are a new Chrome OS convert and you have some cash to spare, this device may be your next best choice to boost your productivity.
Unlike Windows, where you have to purchase a separate program like MS Office, Google Pixel comes with a range of free software like Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets that you can automatically access on your Google Account.
- Google Pixel is compatible with a range of Android Apps, including MyRadar, Netflix, Google Photos, Clash of Clans, Play Music, System Monitor, and Package Monitor
- The device takes the form of a 4-in-1 design. You can switch between the tablet, laptop, entertainment, and tent modes available on the device
- It has a long-lasting battery life of up to 10 hours. The device also charges quickly, and 30 minutes charge can last you for at least 3 hours
- The i5 model, which is cheaper than others, features 8GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage memory space. Storage is a major issue for Chromebooks, but with this device, you can store a few of the essential documents you want to access offline
- Google Pixel i5 is a lightweight machine that measures 29cmx22.1cmx1.1cm and only weighs about 1kg. Feels great in your hands and has an adequate screen that is 12.3 inches in size
- The device has a uBreakiFix program that takes back your broken laptop and gives you a new one for a small charge
- Google Pixelbook comes fully updated with an active inbuilt antivirus. With this device, you won’t experience annoying notifications prompting you to update or install an antivirus program
- It has a commendable design with silicone palm rest combining to make it look even more intriguing
- The best part is no slow boot, no antivirus program, and no annoying updates
- No negative points observed
6. Asus Chromebook – Best Build Quality
With thick bezels and every component of the aluminium device, it is worth mentioning that the Asus Chromebook is a good build quality machine. No plastic is used in the making. Even the hinges that provide a 360-degree flip is made of aluminium.
The screen displays nicely from all the viewing angles and features a resolution of 2400×1340. Since it is a touchscreen, you can easily switch between laptop and tablet modes whenever you want.
The USB Type-C port and SD card slot are located on the right-hand side, and other peripheral outlets like audio jacks are available.
- The device incorporates powerful Intel Core Processors which, when coupled with Chrome OS makes things faster and can seamlessly handle the task of any magnitude
- Asus Chromebook Flip is highly optimized for compatibility with Android Apps. You can access your games, productivity apps, entertainment, whether you are online or offline. The touchscreen allows you to flex on these apps the best way you can either on a laptop or tablet mode
- Corning Gorilla Glass on its display screen so it can survive accidental drops
- As per the benchmark results, the device’s battery is designed to last for 10 hours on a single charge. It also takes less time to charge. Battery usage, however, depends on what you are doing with your laptop and the surrounding environmental conditions
- It features 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, which is reasonable for a Chromebook
- It comes with 100GB free storage with Google Drive
- The device is sleek and works perfectly for games
- The device starts within seconds
- Backlight illuminated keyboard is the cherry on the cake
- It lacks a USB Type-A port and Thunderbolt 3
- The display could be brighter
7. Dell Chromebook – HD Graphics
An 11-inch display screen might be small, but a commendable thing for a super portable and functional laptop.
The device integrates a Celeron Dual-Core Processor that works magic on multitasking and responding to commands. Also, Google Assistant acts promptly on requests.
The unique and amazing feature about this model, despite its small size, is that it features a RAM of 4GB.
- Mainly designed for education. There are a number of Google Apps for students that can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store
- The device is designed with a spill-resistant keyboard
- It has 11.6 inches of display and integrated with the Intel Celeron Processor N3060
- It has a 2.48GHz processor speed
- Dell Chromebook 11 has a Drop Protection to guard it against breaking when accidentally dropped
- It has a long battery life of 10 hours
- The edges are rubberized to enhance grip against sliding
- It has 2 USB ports and also one for HDMI
- It has a superb battery life
- Very simple in its usage
- The screen could be better
8. Samsung Chromebook – Good Low-End Product
The Samsung Chromebook 11.6-inch is more appropriate for looking to browse the internet and check email most conveniently. This device includes a keyboard that feels real, something that is often overlooked by Chromebook vendors.
To optimize their tablet mode devices, they focus more on the touchscreen and forget the keyboard, where input feels more real. The size of the keys on the keyboard also gives room for comfortable usage.
- Samsung Chromebook takes a very short time to boot up and shut down. This is due to the Intel Celeron N3060 Dual-Core processor running its operations
- The total dimension is 29×20.6×1.8cm
- This device has a MicroSD slot to allow for the expansion of storage. The internal memory is 16GB, which is little since some pre-installed Apps occupy some space too
- The screen features 11.6″ display with a resolution of 1366×768
- The connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, stereo speakers, and much more. It’s a slim device with a mere height of 0.7-inches
- Features 2 USB ports. 3.0, and 2.0 together with an HDMI port too
- Web pages load relatively faster
- Comes with the microSD expansion slot
- Quick shut down and boot up
- Sensitive touchpad
- The drive space could be more
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you install Microsoft Office on a Chromebook?
Yes. This can be done in two ways. Chromebooks now support a range of Android Apps. You just head to Google Play Store and install the Office mobile app to use it on your laptop.
Alternatively, the Chrome web store allows you to install your office online where you will edit and format your files from there.
Also worth mentioning is that the web-based version of the office that Microsoft offers is free and includes the whole package that breaks down to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint all online.
It is important to note that you cannot install the Windows version of Office 2016 and Office 365 on these devices.
2. Can you watch Netflix on a Chromebook?
Yes. Chrome is currently rated the best browser in terms of capacity and efficiency.
Being a heavy browser, Chrome handles Netflix shows without struggling. You can either download the Netflix App from Google Play Store or stream directly on the Netflix Website.
3. Do Chromebooks need antivirus protection?
No. This machine has many ways to protect itself from malware and virus.
The first is by sandboxing, a method that ensures each application and website runs independently. It keeps the overall system free of viruses.
Secondly, all your data that’s stored on your Chromebook is usually encrypted. It’s hard for third parties to collect your data or scam you.
The Chromebooks are affordable, thinner, and lighter notebooks that deliver exceptional computing performances. It employs futuristic cloud storage technology. Its chrome OS shows compatibility with many entertainment and productivity Android apps.
It works great if you use the internet for most of your work such as browsing, streaming movies, listening to online music, sending emails via Gmail, or formatting documents using google docs.
More Buyer Guides and Reviews