Best Car Camping Tent for Two People
Luxurious, spacious and feature-rich car tents make the outdoor experience relatively fun. Many of these offer enough space to place a cot or chairs and a table to play games during the rainy season.
Many of the car campers go on very few adventures in a year due to less free time. Hence they try to make the most of their camping. For this, they need a tough and durable tent that will not spoil their once a blue moon trips.
If you are among the people who do not travel frequently, a cheap tent will perform well. However, if you are a recurrent traveler, try investing in a more durable and expensive tent.
In this article, we have curated a variety of tents that you might want to look into.
But before we get into the details of the best picks in the market, let’s talk about car camping briefly. In this article, we will come across various things that comprise a brief knowledge on car camping, advantages of car camping, how to buy, frequently asked questions and the top 8 camping tents in India.
Best Car Camping Tent for Two People
Best Waterproof Tent
Best Double-style Door
All Season Tent
What Is Car Camping?
In the simplest terms- car camping involves driving (with all required gear stuffed in the trunk) to the campsite instead of trekking all the way.
Not every camping enthusiast finds it attractive to haul all camping essentials with a backpack and then walking to the camping ground. It’s that simple.sturdy
The Benefits of Car Camping
With car camping, you don’t have to worry about the size and weight of your gear. Considering that you’ll not be trekking or carrying heavy loads of your back, accessing your campsite can be any easier.
Plus you don’t have to deny yourself anything. You can load up and let the car do the heavy-lifting
You can turn your everyday car to your trusted camping companion. So you don’t have to worry about getting a camping minivan or any other alternative.
Car camping means you can access the best of camping spaces in very far or remote locations trouble-free. Getting to discover new places and while basking at the beautiful ambiance while it is never far from reality.
Get this! Because camping is all about taking a little break you get to sleep in the most relaxing way. Car camping allows you to enjoy agenda-free living so you can sleep your way up as much as you wish.
You get to escape the buzz of routine wake-up alarms and day to day pressures so you can sleep like a baby.
Buying Guide for Choosing the Best Car Camping Tent for Two People
Although most 2-person tents are simpler than help alternatives designed to host more people, it’s important to choose wisely nevertheless. That said, we have put together some key features you should have in mind to ensure you get the best tent to serve your needs.
The size of a tent and particularly the floor space counts big time.
Manufacturers usually indicate the number of people that can be accommodated, but there are generally slight variances in dimensions for the same capacity. Meaning some will provide enough sleeping space with room to spare while others won’t.
Since no one would appreciate being fixed at one point without the slightest chance of turning freely, taking the broadest possible dimensions given the capacity tent is advisable.
Apart from the size of the floor area, the height also tells of the interior space you will get and is equally essential for the headroom. All in all, a suitable 2-person tent should offer adequate room to host both occupants comfortably, and any extra space is a plus.
Perhaps the most obvious challenge people face while camping is extreme weather. Talk about strong UV rays exposure and rainfall- you can’t just take any risk.
A good tent, therefore, should be resilient enough to withstand such unfriendly environmental influences. The interior should remain dry in case it rains, the same way extreme sunshine should not make it inhabitable.
The type of material used plays a significant role in this regard. Depending on the season or weather of the location you intend to camp, ensure the quality of the product can endure the worst-case scenario.
Nobody wants to spend their precious time struggling to install a tent. The same way troublesome dismantling and packing process won’t be appreciated.
As such, a good tent should be easy to set up and disassemble in a matter of seconds.
It’s even better if you don’t have to follow complex instructions or have any tools to fix or bring it down.
That way even when you get to the campsite in the cover of darkness, it’s possible to get everything in position and have your accommodation ready in seconds.
Apart from the ability to protect from weather, an ideal tent should also ensure you and your belongings are safe. A feature such as two-way zippers goes a long way in securing the interiors when sleeping.
A rugged footprint is equally a plus to help keep the tent safe from insects that may be crawling from below. If you are camping in a public place it would be better is the tent guarantees privacy from prying eyes.
To maximize the fun experience a befitting tent should be tailored to maximize comfort when inside. First, the design should facilitate free airflow to ensure the interior remains cool regardless of the environmental temperature.
Other elements such as meshed ventilation to optimize aeration while preventing entry of insects should also be present.
A perfect tent should be suitable for all manner of outdoor application across all seasons. As a frequent camper, you need to ask yourself if your preferred pick can handle multiple scenarios.
It should be able to offer the same level of comfort, safety, and weatherproofing at all times. Going for a versatile tent means you will avoid buying a new one every other time the circumstance of use changes.
The overall build resilience determines whether you get value for money spent in the long run. The quality of the wall and roofing fabric, bottom cover, and strength of support poles should help know if a tent can withstand the test of time.
Ideally, a good tent should have a stable structure that stays intact regardless of the weather. In most cases, you may have to spend more to acquire one that lasts even when used frequently.
Apart from the hassle for space, weatherproofing, material, and ease of set up, other additional elements would make yield you more value. To begin with, look out for strong, flexible tent poles because they will eventually determine the stability and easiness of setup.
Similarly, ensure the door(s) is wide enough to facilitate smooth entry or exit. And the entry/way should have a reliable zipper for closing to guarantee safety when sleeping if you can find a tent with interior loops and pockets the better.
These help you keep items inside the tent in an organized way.
Regardless of the features, a good tent should be a long-term investment. As such the features and components should hold the promise of value for money over its lifespan.
Normally, the more you spend the better quality you are likely to get. However, with the dozens of options available in the market, you don’t have to spend a fortune to get a suitable pick.
There are equally good mid-range and low-end 2-person tents that are good bargains.
1. Krevia Camping Tent – Our Choice
Any car camper would appreciate the extra strength and protection guaranteed by Krevia Amazing picnic camping tent. Made of high-quality fabric that struts out and is kept steady with strong setup poles this tent boasts of an overall resilient build that can take a beating from extreme weather.
Unlike some alternatives of its class which requires extra waterproofing on the footprint, the Krevia Amazing 2-person camping tent has a wearable and water-resistant floor. With this tent, wet weather should be the least of your worries.
The manufacturer also left nothing to chance when it comes to ease of installation. An individual can complete the setup alone and in minutes.
Overall, this would be an excellent buy for anyone looking for a reliable outdoor shelter that guarantees safety regardless of the weather.
- Has a durable polyester fabric wall and roof construction to provide reliable and safe accommodation
- Uses silver polyurethane shock-corded fiberglass poles to keep the structure and frame in the required setup position
- Features a large entrance to enable smooth entry and exit and is equipped with zipper mesh to support ventilation
- The entry/exit way is equipped with a quality zipper to allow hassle-free closure and opening of the tent
- The zipper line is topped up with flaps to prevent water seepage
- Has a large mesh window that ensures proper circulation and also allows outside view when relaxing inside the tent
- Comes with easy to plug in foot and hooks to keep it firm on the ground
- Features a wearable and waterproof floor material to guarantee protection and keep the interior dry at all times
- Has a dome shape design allowing sufficient room to host two occupants
- Reliable and sturdy footprint
- Strong and resilient construction
- Simple to set up and dismantle
- Ideal for wide-ranging camping and outdoor activities
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes with good quality frame poles
- Firm stitches with seam closures
- Quite spacious with enough headroom
- Safe, secure, and comfortable
- Not a good fit for cold winter temperatures
2. ASkyl Camping Tent – Best Waterproof Tent
The ASkyl 2-person camping tent ticks the right boxes as far as the features expected from a quality tent is concerned. In reality, this tent is quite versatile and can be used for not only outdoor car camping but also other activities such as music festivals.
What sets it way ahead of other alternatives is the priceless combination of different qualities to suit random outdoor getaways. Talk about waterproofing, portability, and ease of setup and breakdown- the ASkyl camping tent doesn’t disappoint.
This is the reason why it is said to be the best waterproof tent. Joining the poles during set up is no pain as is the process of collapsing and packing.
The floor space is equally adequate to host two people with some breathing space to spare. And when you run into unfavorable weather, the fun won’t end because this tent is quite safe and stable.
At its price, this 2-person tent by ASkyl is a good bargain for any camper.
- Dimensions: 200 by 150 by 110 cm which is enough room for two people
- Made of high-quality 190T Polyester material which is sturdy enough to ensure durability
- Waterproof with a rating of 1500-1800 mm to protect against rain and ensure wet weather presents no pain
- Advanced automatic opening structure to reduce set up time
- Firm collapsible poles for anchoring the tent into a stable position
- Well-knit seams to prevent water penetration thus ensuring the interior is always dry
- Comes with full coverage polyester flysheets with extra anti UV treatment to protect against damaging UV rays
- Dome-shaped design with a spacious interior to ensure comfortable accommodation of two campers
- Large window with netting to provide proper ventilation and prevent the entry of insects when open
- Large D-shaped door to allow smooth entry and exit
- Lightweight hence portable
- Great for wide-ranging outdoor use
- Can be assembled and taken down in no time
- Sturdy, resilient, and durable
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Spacious and comfortable
- Keeps everything dry when it rains
- Lacks storage pockets
3. Inditradition Camping Tent – Best Double-style Door
The elegant-looking Inditradition 2-person tent is another reliable performer when it comes to offering comfortable camping accommodation. There are several features why anyone would love and pick this for their next car camping trip.
To begin with, if you have a young one you need to bring along, it can comfortably accommodate two adults plus an infant. As such, you don’t have to spend money on a bigger tent.
Also, this tent is optimized to ensure proper air circulation in the interior making it habitable regardless of the environmental temperature.
Above all, its suitability for all-weather use makes it the real deal for avid campers who take every slight opportunity to drive away for a weekend of fun camping.
- Its dimensions when fully assembled: 200 by 150 by 110cm which is wide enough for two people and an infant
- Comes with easy setup fiberglass rods to facilitate quick and assembly and take-down while also ensure the tent is stays fixed in position
- Covering is made of polyester material complete with anti UV coating to shield damaging UV rays
- Has a wide enough double style entry/exit way complete with inbuilt ventilation mesh
- Its flooring features in-attached mat to provide a comfy sleeping surface
- Comes with a rainfly to give an extra layer of protection if it rains
- Equipped with smooth zipper closures to ensure hassle-free closing of the tent when necessary
- Easy to install, take down, and pack up
- Considerably spacious
- Suitable for all-weather use
- Portable and comes with a zipper and pole carry bag
- Comes with all the accessories (hook, clamps) required to put it up
- Water and UV resistant
- Could have been better with two entry/exit ways
4. Dealcrox Tent For Camping – Best Comfort
The Dealcrox New 2-person tent is yet another roomy and sturdy model that makes it to our list. Although it appears quite simple when fully installed, it completes the equation for any car camping fans looking for comfortable outdoor accommodation.
With this tent, you will avoid complicated set up procedures some models are likely to expose you to during installation. You don’t need tools to get it ready for use or take it down when you are done.
The D-shape design coupled with mesh ventilation on the top ensures constant airflow making the interior cool and comfortable. A little rain will be no problem for the Dealcrox New tent because its waterproof and the knitted joints are well sealed to keep the interior dry.
- Made of super waterproof Polyester Ponge material to keep the interior dry
- Boasts of well-ventilated airflow design and mesh apex to ensure proper ventilation
- Features plug-in feet to allow quick fixing on the ground
- Comes with a large door that makes entry and exits quite convenient
- Boasts of sturdy frame kept in position with strong collapsible poles
- Features sufficient floor space that can accommodate two adults well
- Equipped with a reliable footprint that guarantees protection from below
- Has a spacious interior with adequate room to move about
- Entry or exit is seamless
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes with a stable structure to endure outdoor pressures
- Has a cool and comfy interior
- Can be carried around easily
- Resilient enough to endure typical outdoor camping weather
- Great overall construction quality
- Firm stitches on joints
- Could be a little tight for big-bodied users
- May not perform well under extremely harsh weather
5. YFXOHAR® Camping Tent – Camouflage Color
If you’re into car camping and a simple tent with a soft camouflage color rings your bells, this is for you. The YFXOHAR® camping army color tent is spacious enough for two adults to fit when sleeping when fully installed.
When it comes to user-friendliness, putting it up or taking it down is quite a piece of cake. It requires nothing more than bare hands to set or collapse.
In addition to that, it is comfortable, thanks to the strategically placed mesh ventilation on the apex of the roof.
Overall, the build material is also great and is most likely to endure regular wear and tear thereby providing a guarantee for extended use.
- Made of durable polyester material to enhance resilience
- Weighs about 250 grams with standard dimensions enough to accommodate two people
- The covering features a waterproof coating and anti-UV protection to ensure adverse weather conditions are no pain
- Equipped with mesh panels as part of the door to provide for air circulation in the tent’s interior and also to keep insects at bay
- Come with four silver polyurethane and a shock-corded fiberglass frame anchors with easy plug-in feet to enable hassle-free setup
- Has D-shaped windproof design to enhance stability at all times
- Has a door wide enough to allow free entry or exit for either occupant
- The floor covering is made of heavy-duty material to ensure adequate protection from below
- Comes with quality zipper closure with storm flaps to prevent water penetration
- Stable structure with excellent ventilation
- Suitable for all-season outdoor use
- Comfy and well-aerated interior
- Lightweight and convenient to carry
- Easy to install and fold back in seconds
- Stylish with an attractive military look
- Comes with a carry bag
- May not withstand heavy rain without an extra layer of protection
6. Wajumo ATG Basic Camping Dome Tent – Versatile Choice
The Wajumo ATG Basic 2-person tent makes the cut for typical camping accommodation thanks to its top of the line elements purposely included by the manufacturer to provide desired performance. It’s watertight, windproof, and lightweight thereby meeting expected standards of a versatile tent.
Although it costs more than most alternatives on our list, that is compensated by its highly resilient construction. The Wajumo ATG Basic will not only endure harsh treatment but it also guarantees safety and complete privacy particularly when used on public camping grounds.
If you are worried about installation, you can rest easy because it comes with everything you need to set it up. So when you arrive at your camping ground in the cover of darkness, you can have it up in minutes with any back and forth.
- Dimensions: 200 by 150 by 130 cm which is wide enough to accommodate two adult campers
- Comes with a unique watertight twin door design with an under mesh providing for hassle-free entry and exit as well as protection from water seepage and insects
- Boasts of 2x- 3x more waterproofing thanks to the PU2000 coating on the Polyester Taffeta fabric used for the cover and base PE Tarp material to prevent water seepage from all directions
- Uses HI strength 7mm fiberglass poles with an extra piece also availed for emergency
- Features a strategically meshed roof apex to prevent condensation and ensure proper ventilation. And a rainfly is included to keep it covered when it rains
- Has smooth two-way zippers coming from three different directions to allow half or full opening and total closure of the doors at the user’s convenience
- Comes with four pins to help pin it firmly on the ground
- Weights about 1.5 kg making it lightweight and portable
- Easy to set, collapse, and pack
- Spacious enough to provide full height accommodation for adults
- Opens and closes from both inside and outside
- Comes with carrying bag and complete setup accessories
- Resilient and durable
- This is the best waterproof tent on the market
- Great quality of overall construction
- Ideal for all-round outdoor accommodation
- Lacks a full rain cover
7. ICW Picnic Hiking Camping Dome Tent – All Season Tent
Like other alternatives on our list, the ICW Most Superior Quality 2-person tent is easy to configure and bring down as the situation dictates.
Even better is that the manufacturer has nothing to chance as far as weatherproofing is concerned. With this tent ordinary outdoor weather won’t cause you serious problems so you can relax inside and sleep comfortably at any time of the day.
The interior will remain dry thanks to the waterproof cover construction and the structure will always be stable courtesy of the windproof design. Regardless of the season this tent stands as a good contender for camping adventures.
- Features advanced and improved open structure allow faster setup
- Constructed with durable single-layer polyester fabric for the wall and roof to guarantee optimal protection against extreme weather conditions
- Bottom material is made of Terylene cloth to provide protection from below
- Has silver polyurethane shock-corded fiberglass pole frame for maximum stability
- Has a large entrance for easy in/out movement with an in-built zipper mesh closure
- Features a zipper closure with storm flaps to ensure total protection from water seepage
- Comes with a rainfly to provide extra coverage when it rains
- Comes with all accessories required for set up
- Easy to assemble and takedown
- Lightweight and portable
- Waterproof and durable
- Utilitarian design
- Large entrance with spacious interior
- Suitable for unrestricted outdoor use
- Safe and comfortable
- Dull colored and lacks reflective edge to make it visible at night
8. Egab Military Picnic Camping Tent – Versatile Design
Yet another military colored pick, the Egab picnic 2-person tent is portable and easy to set up. To the casual onlooker it may not appear as fancy but it certainly packs a punch in its simplicity.
Top of its features worth noting is the advanced quick set up design that makes it a breeze to install. Under normal circumstances it will take one person no more than a few minutes to assemble.
And when you have to carry it by yourself, it will be no pain since its very light so you can easily lift it with one hand. Its dome-shaped is certainly utilitarian providing enough room at the base with a further allowance towards the height.
- Has a leading-edge automatic opening design that enables quick set up
- Features full coverage coated polyester sheets for waterproofing
- Its polyester flysheets boast of UV resistance treatment for protection against damaging UV rays
- Has dome-shaped front and rear entry/exit ways for seamless in and out movement
- Comes with glass fiber reinforced plastics frames for structural support when setting up
- Has standard size floor area to ensure two people can fit inside comfortably
- The rooftop feature mesh aperture which facilitates air circulation keeping the interior cool and there is a rainfly to close it when it rains
- Instant setup design saves time
- Large enough to accommodate two adult campers
- Allows free in/out movement
- Lightweight and portable
- Suitable for all-around outdoor use
- Wearable and waterproof floor
- Stable and durable
- Comes with a carrying bag
- May be ideal for summer use only because it’s likely to condense moisture inside
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the standard size of a 2-person I should buy?
Camping tents are always advertised with a clear indication of the number of people it can accommodate.
What is considered here is the hip-to-hip sleeping position of normal body-sized adults. It means the floor area is the most important aspect when it comes to size.
Ideally, for a 2-person tent, the physical dimensions will in most cases be in the range of 200 cm base length by 150 cm base width by 110 cm height to the roof apex.
This should be enough for two adults. However, if you would like more space for yourselves and camping gear or you can always consider a 4-person tent.
2. What is the best tent for car camping?
Car camping tents are available in all shapes, sizes, and designs. The best pick for one person may not outrightly make the cut for another given differing preferences and personal tastes.
Nonetheless when scouting for the best always ensure your choice can guarantee comfort, safety, and is easy to install, dismantle, and pack.
The best part of car camping is that you don’t have to worry about how you will carry your tent. Again, depending on the season and where you intend to use the tent, you should also ensure it’s resilient enough to withstand adverse environmental influences.
3. How important is weight and pack size?
For car camping, the weight and pack size of a 2-person tent should be the least of your worries. Most of the products in the market are lightweight and condensed once packed so portability should be no problem.
Whether you are going to live your car at a distance from the camping ground, most 2-person tents will be no pain to carry.
4. What style is the best?
The shape typically determines camping tent styles. Of course, the best will vary from one individual to the next. Nonetheless, each design has its advantages and limits.
For instance, dome-style tents are no pain to set up and dismantle but are limited when it comes to vertical space.
On the flipside, cabin style tents with take more time and probably more than one pair of hands to install. However, they do offer more when it comes to vertical space and ventilation.
5. How much should I pay for a tent?
In reality, the more you spend, the higher the likelihood of getting a better quality tent. But there are also good mid-range products that can offer reliable performance so long as the weather isn’t extreme.
As a rule of thumb, consider investing in a product that would serve you perfectly in your outdoor activities for years.
While your budget will undoubtedly determine what you get in the end paying attention to resilience, space, comfort, and stability are crucial. Camping tent price varies a lot from one another and therefore, a good bargain should leave feeling you will get value for your money’s worth.
6. Do 2-person tents come with sleeping bags?
While it is not impossible to find 2-person tents that include sleeping bags as part of the package, in most instances you will have to get one separately. Sleeping bags are considered separate gears and should be selected differently based on their own features.
7. What is the lifespan of a tent?
Depending on the frequency of usage and the nature of the environment of the use a quality should last several years. Although how well you’ll take care of it will eventually influence the lifespan, opting for high-quality construction when buying will ensure extended use.
8. What is the best build material for a tent?
Variants of Polyester or Nylon are the most commonly used materials for constructing tents. A good fabric should offer more resistance to water seepage, UV damage, and abrasion.
The structure should be stable to ensure it can take a beating from the environment. It should not stretch or sag as the temperatures change.
Hopefully, no more will it become a problem for you to choose one two-person tent. Even though you can choose from the 10 best choice, we recommend you to go for the Krevia Amazing Picnic Camping Portable Waterproof Tent and ASkyl 2 Person Camping Tent due to the versatility, lightweight and waterproof features.
In truth, selecting the best 2-person tent for car camping can be confusing given the dozens of options in the market. However, by comparing the specifications of each, you should be able to match your requirements with the most appropriate product.
Hopefully, our guide will provide you with all the information to help you maneuver the selection process.
And if you are that person who likes driving off with a partner or friend for outdoor fun, our list includes functional tents that can provide comfortable and safe accommodation.