Top 5 Best Body Lotions
Applying body lotion on the skin is one of the numerous ways one can take care and pamper the skin to look good and glow. Body butter and body creams help to seal moisture into the skin to prevent drying. It also helps to soften rough elbows and other dry areas of the skin. In general, a good body motion contains two types of hydrating ingredients which include occlusive and humectants.
Humectants help to draw moisture into the skin by acting as a barrier on the skin by sealing off water loss and moisture. These two ingredients blend to give one a glowing and smooth skin at all times. Having a quality body lotion can help do wonder on dehydrated and scaly skin that may look unattractive and scaly. It provides numerous other benefits to users, and that makes them stand out.
But selecting the ideal body lotion, body butter, and body cream are often difficult due to the numerous manufacturers and types in the market. This has also gotten more difficult as a result of ever-changing technology.
Here we would be taking you through some important facts to know and products to choose from to keep your body looking good at all times. You will also find the benefits, buying tips for body lotions, a list of 5 best body lotion and a few FAQs
Top 5 Body Lotions
Benefits of a body lotion
The use of body lotion on the skin comes with numerous benefits that are too many to mention. Here we would be listing some benefits to derive by the application of body lotion often on the skin.
Rehydrate dried skin
Different factors can lead to one’s skin getting dried up. These might be as a result of one’s work or harsh climates. It is, therefore, necessary to apply body lotion regularly. Applying a good body lotion after taking a bath can help to enmesh the moisture deep into the skin, thereby keeping it hydrated always.
Makes the skin glow
The application of body lotion can make the skin shine at all times. With the use of the cream, one adds more glimmer and shimmer to the skin tone. It also helps to rejuvenate underlying tissues and to eliminate dull and dead flakes on the skin.
Soften the skin
The use of lotion helps in softening the tough parts of the skin. These can be a dry or rough leg, hands, or tough heels – application of these lotion helps to soften the roughness.
Body lotions help remove calluses from the feet of individuals that are known to be on their feet always. Applying good body lotion on the affected part of the body helps to remove the dead skin.
Good body lotions help us to feel and smell good at all times. These body lotions come with great scents and make one stay comfortable always. Endeavor to select the one that you are comfortable with the smell in other not to get irritated after applying the cream.
Rejuvenate rough and dry skin
Most people have some part of the body that may look rough not minding that they have healthy skin. The application of a body lotion helps to smooth off these spots.
Proper body lotion helps in the pampering of the skin. Applying body lotion gives one the sensory warmth and makes one relax after applying on the body.
Types of Body cream
The body cream is a different type of lotion used in keeping the body glowing and radiant. But it is essential to know the difference between body creams and the ideal skin texture to use it for.
The significant difference between the body lotion and cream lies in the composition and ingredients. While body cream contains water, body butter does not come with water. Therefore body lotion is ideal for dry skin by adding moisture to the skin.
A body lotion is seen as a moisturizer that is blended with a higher composition of water and oil. These types of cream are non-greasy and usually lighter. This makes it easy for the skin to absorb it faster. Body lotion can be suitable for all skin types, and this includes moderately dry skin.
Body Butter is mostly suitable for dry skin. The body butter is thicker in texture than body lotions. There come richer, high viscosity and luxurious. With body butter on the skin, it creates a barrier that nourishes and prevents moisture from evaporating from the skin pores. This helps to keep the skin looking smoother and softer. It is most suitable for people that have dehydrated skin since it reconditions and softens the skin.
Buying guide of a body lotion
In purchasing a body lotion, it is essential to ascertain some critical facts that will help you to make the right decision. Here are some factors to consider when making a decision
The ingredients used in producing the lotion is one of the basic things to note when purchasing a body lotion. The body lotion comes with a blend of humectants such as hyaluronic and glycerin. It also comes with occlusive such as waxes, mineral oil, and lanolin. Others come with ingredients such as emollients and other skin-repairing ingredients such as cholesterol and ceramides.
Like we stated above, it is also necessary to select body lotions that come with ingredients that can protect the skin from the elements. Look for products that contain lanolin, petrolatum, wax, and mineral oil.
Here is another essential factor to consider when making a selection. Does the product come with any side effects when applied to the skin? Is a question that needs to be answered before selecting a product? It is, therefore, important to avoid harmful substances such as hydroquinone, lead, and sulfur. Make sure you read the label correctly and go with FDA-Approved products and brands.
It is important to go for a product that has a moisturizing and soothing effect on the skin. Notable ingredients to look out for that can leave a smoothing effect includes jojoba oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Aloe Vera and Shea butter.
Fragrance and dyes
Most individuals are allergic to some fragrances or dyes. It is important, therefore to go for a product that is fragrance and dye-free if you have irritable skin.
The tube packaging is another factor to consider when making a selection. Pump or tube packaging helps to keep bacteria and air from degrading the moisturizer, unlike the jar packaging.
The pH balance of the body lotion is vital in determining the alpha hydroxy acid for exfoliation. It is essential to know that a body lotion that is too alkaline or acidic as it can interrupt the skin’s natural pH balance.
The price of body lotion is another critical factor to consider when making a decision. Note that the high price does not mean that the product is the best
5 Best Body Lotions
1. Biotique Nectar Skin Lotion – Makes Skin Flawless
The Biotique morning body lotion is a flawless skin lotion that is suitable for all skin types. The body lotion quickly absorbs, thereby replacing the natural oils and moisturizers that our skin tends to lose every day. The skin gets soothed and smooth after applying this lotion.
The body lotion can be used morning and evening and can be smoothed over the neck and face. It is nourishing and hydrating without leaving any greasy film after use. The lotion is blended with Ayurvedic ingredients which include wheat germ, honey, and seaweed. Others include Ankurit Gehun, Methi and Aloe Barbadensis.
- Ideal for all skin types
- suitable for both male and female
- Bio Nectar lotion can easily be absorbed
- The body lotion helps to replenish lost moisture on the skin
- The lotion helps to protect the skin with SPF 30 UVA/UVB sunscreen
- The lotion helps to soften and brighten one’s skin for a fairer complexion
- Its moisturizing fragrance last for a full day
- No such cons were observed
2. Nivea Nourishing Lotion Body Milk – Best for Dry Skin
The Nivea lotion body milk is a nourishing cream that comes with a deep moisture serum. It is blended with 2x almond oils for dehydrated skin type. It acts as a remedy for itchy and scratchy skin. The lotion keeps the skin hydrated all day long due to the goodness of the almond oil. It leaves your skin healthy and shining after a shower.
The lotion is also free from colorants and any animal-derived ingredients. The dermatologist fully approves them.
- It is designed in a way to give a long-lasting softness and protection
- It helps to give your skin an intensive care
- The Nivea lotion comes with a deep moisture serum
- It helps to soften dry skin
- It gives one a smoother skin
- A long-lasting moisturizer of up to 48 hours
- It helps to reduce the roughness of the skin
- Some users complain that the smells foul (acidic)
3. Vaseline Intensive Body Lotion – Appealing Cocoa Smell
Due to the daily exposure of our skin to numerous environmental triggers, it tends to damage the skin and break down the natural moisture barrier. This tends to allow water to escape through the skin. The Vaseline body lotion comes with a blend of micro-droplet of Vaseline jelly that helps to lock in moisture into the skin.
The Vaseline is designed in a way that it comes with a smart pump unlocked with just a 90-degree turn. With this state of the art technology, the pump locks in the raised position after a little twist. This leaves it with no mess while applying.
- A fast-absorbing moisturizer that leaves the skin glowing and soft
- It helps in the healing of dry skin deep down
- It gives the skin a natural and healthy glow.
- The Vaseline lotion does not leave the skin oily after applying.
- It is 100% pure cocoa blended with Shea Butter.
- Fast absorbing without leaving a grease
- Suitable for different skin types such as dull skin, dry skin, and rough skin
- It contains paraben
4. Himalaya Herbals Body Lotion – Best Herbal Body Lotion
The Himalaya herbal is a cocoa butter intensive body lotion that keeps you moisturized all day long. The lotion can be used during winter, spring, or during the summer period. The herbal lotion helps to give your skin all-round care and protection. This lotion is reputed to be the ideal solution for all chafed, dry, and scaly skin. With a regular application of the cream, dry skin can become soft and supple.
Note that this body lotion does not come with any preservative but fully enriched with natural ingredients.
- Fully blended with wheat germ oil and cocoa butter that helps to replenish the lost moisture in dry skins
- Suitable for dehydrated skin
- It is made from naturally derived ingredients that help in restoring the skin elasticity
- Ideal for both male and female
- Chemically free
- It comes with a blend of Grapeseed oil that helps to tighten the skin
- Helps to tone the skin and make it wrinkle-free
- Himalaya Herbals is enriched with antioxidants that help to repair lifeless and damaged skin
- It also comes with vitamin E and olive oil to keep dryness at bay
- The lotion comes with antimicrobial properties that help to heal rashes, imperfections, and skin irritations.
- Most users complain of leakage of the product
5. The Body Shop British Rose Body Butter – Instant Glow
This British body lotion is one of its kind. It is designed in such a way that it gives its users an instant glow. It is suitable for all skin types ranging from normal to dry skin. The lotion helps to get you to indulge in dewy hydration as it helps with its glow enhancing rose essence.
- The body lotion helps in rejuvenating rough skin
- Gives an instant glow
- The lotion is designed to be non-sticky
- Perfect for normal-dry skin
- The lotion is beautifully pearlescent
- The lotion is light to touch but fully rich on moisture
- Blended with exotic British roses
- Easily absorb into the skin
- It comes with a great fragrance
- Quite pricey for the quantity
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need the lotion for dry skin?
If the skin is not very dry, then all you will need is a good body cream or body lotion. But for those individuals whose skin is parched or cracked heels, then you will need a heavy-duty cream.
2. Are body lotions necessary during winter?
The hands and different parts of the skin get easily cracked or chapped. It is, therefore, important to use a thick cream with occlusives to protect the skin and seal-off moisture.
3. Is body lotion good for bumpy or flaky skin?
The body lotion is a good alternative for the exfoliation and removal of dead cells. It helps to smooth your skin and keep it smooth.
4. What should I look for in a good lotion?
A good lotion contains dimethicone and hyaluronic acid. This helps keep the skin moisturized all day. Other things to look out for in a lotion while selecting include propylene glycol, glycerin, urea, and protein. These help to attract water to the skin. You should also look out for petrolatum, lanolin and mineral oil. These help to lock in moisture.
It is therefore important to use body lotion on the body at all times to keep the skin moisturized and shining. It is important to choose the right cream that is suitable for one skin to avoid irritation.