Top 12 Beard Trimmers
If you have a beard, then you understand how valuable it is to have the right type of tools to groom it and keep it looking elegant always.
One of the most important products you must always keep in your bathroom is a good quality beard trimmer. The purpose of a beard trimmer is to ensure that your beard is tamed at all times and leaves you looking professional. Guys invest in best shavers and hair dryers but having a trimmer is just as important. You can use a trimmer on-the-go which is very convenient for today’s fast pace life.
With a good quality product, you can be able to choose from a variety of styles from lumberjack to sophisticated gentleman and anything else you wish.
It is also important because it will keep you from going to the barbershop all the time and end up spending an obscene amount of money.
Now, if you are thinking about how hard it is to do this on your own, then, you are wrong. Technology is so advanced nowadays that you do not need to use a razor or hair clippers to keep your beard looking great. What you need is a beard trimmer.
If it is your first time buying a beard trimmer online, we will help you make the right purchase. We have also mentioned what is a beard trimmer, the different types, benefits of using one, the ultimate buying guide and Steps in using a trimmer to your rescue. We have done the research for you and listed the top beard trimmer for men in the different price ranges.
Top 12 Best Beard Trimmers
Best for the man on the Go
For that Excellent Trim
For that Excellent Trim
For that Excellent Trim
The Best for effortless Trimming
The ultimate Styling Machine
The Classically Beautiful Beard Trimmer
For that Professional Look
The Best for Beard Styling
The Most Versatile Beard Trimmer
For Lifetime Use
What is a beard trimmer?
A beard trimmer is an invaluable tool for any man that maintains a beard. What it does is clean up your beard and make it look very neat, respectful, and intentional. You can also use it to get a very close shaven look if you prefer not to be clean-shaven.
The reason why most men use beard trimmers is of course, for personal hygiene purposes, and also to ensure you do not look rough and neglected.
Benefits of using a beard trimmer:
Prevents against flaky skin:
People with long facial hair are more prone to flaky skin. This sticks to your beard over time if you do not provide proper care. Keeping your facial hair trimmed will limit the occurrence of flakes on your face that actually appears quite ugly to look at.
Protects against skin irritations:
The more hair you have on your face, and the longer it is, the more vulnerable you shall become to skin irritations. The effects of this can be highly abated through the use of the best beard trimmer in conjunction with highly effective cosmetic products such as beard oils.
Always keep your hair well groomed and neat to fight this irritating problem.
Prevents the build-up of bacteria:
Reduced incidents of cuts:
Very easy to use:
This is one of the biggest perks in having a beard trimmer for men. Now, apart from it being extremely helpful in helping you achieve your desired look, these beard trimmers are pretty easy to use. You only need to put the settings for the length you desire and then simply pass it over your beard. It will cut off the unwanted length and leave you with the beard that you wish to have.
Value for your money:
Instead of having to buy a razor or going to the barber shop for your beard to be trimmed and styled, it is much cheaper for you to have a beard trimmer because it is very cost effective in the long run.
It doesn’t matter how much you spend at the barber shop, it cannot be compared to the freedom of trimming your own beard and the fact that you spend a lump sum amount once, while the barber will need to be paid almost weekly. If you do the math, you will find that this self-grooming technique is actually much cheaper.
If you are a man that likes to change the beard style every now and then, you will find that having a beard trimmer is what you need in your life. This is because it allows you to design the kind of beard you want whenever you want it. You do not have to live with the same old boring style every day.
Steps to Trim a Beard
Wash Your Beard
The first step involves washing your beard with shampoo so that it softens the hair for ease of trim. Then allow it to dry out. This is followed by using a brush or a comb to brush your beard in a straight manner so that it removes the tangles.
Set the Trimmer
Ensure that the trimmer is fully charged in case of a cordless trimmer or in case of a wired one plug it into a power source. Now set the trimmer to the length you desire. If you wish for just trim with not much of a change, select the lowest range.
Start the trimmer and begin the process
Now you need to start trimming each side of your face with firm pressure on the trimmer. Start along with the ears and bring it down slowly while maintaining a balance between both sides so that they are even.
Trim Your Mustache and Beard
Start by trimming under your nose and then proceed towards the chin. Pay special attention to the hard to reach areas. Ensure that the trimmer provides a smooth and comfortable grip so that you do not get cut.
You would want to get a clean and neat finishing. Hence, for this trim around your neckline by using the jawline as the edge. Now you may apply shaving oil or after-shave gel for the finishing touches.
Types of beard trimmers:
Cord Vs. Cordless:
A corded beard trimmer is one that will require you to connect it to a power outlet as you are using it. This may be limited to people who prefer to do their grooming while in the shower or on the go, but it is also a good choice for anyone who uses a beard trimmer all day long such as a barber because it means that it will not go off.
Dry Vs. wet trimmers:
A dry beard trimmer is a kind that can only be used outside of the shower. You cannot use it as you prepare for work in the morning while in the bathroom because the technology used in its make does not support this.
A wet beard trimmer is one that you can safely use in the shower as you do your daily routine. You need not get out in order to trim your beard and this tends to be extremely beneficial for anyone looking to save some time in the morning.
With so many options in the market, you may be spoilt for choice wondering which is the best, and which one will sort you out the way you want it to. For this reason, we have come up with a buying guide that will let you know the factors to consider when buying a beard trimmer. These include;
You cannot compare the run time of a beard trimmer to that of a razor or shaver. This machine will work very fast on your beard, so you are never late for work. They are designed to operate on beards, so, they never disappoint. While buying a beard trimmer, check the runtime.
The material used in making it:
You must consider the quality of the material used in making the beard trimmer. This is because the material determines its durability, and since you want to use this product every day and for a long period of time, then this is a factor that you should bear in mind.
The most popular material that is both durable and long-lasting is stainless steel, and therefore, we would highly recommend you to buy a beard trimmer made of stainless steel.
Now, beard trimmers come in different length settings, and for people who keep beards, they understand what this is all about. Some like them long, while others like them very short.
You may be tempted to ignore this point as you assume that any beard trimmer can do the job, but you may end up disappointed, so, do extensive research. Find out from your local barber which is the best quality, and then decide, based on your preference which beard trimmer you are going to buy that will keep your beard in your desired length.
Most beard trimmers will come equipped with a whole lot of extra products such as an ear trimmer, nose trimmer, and even a beard comb. All of these ensure that you can take care of all your grooming needs at one sitting.
Choose a beard trimmer that offers you these extra products as it will mean that you can save on the cost of acquiring them separately because everyone needs to trim their nose and ear hairs every now and then, and people with long beards will want to keep combing the beard to ensure it is neat at all times.
Ease of cleaning:
The cleaning method will of course differ depending on the type of trimmer you have, so, choose one that will make this easy for you, preferably one which allows you to dismantle it in order to clean it.
Basically, the very advanced (expensive) beard trimmers normally have their own inbuilt cleaning process, and you can even adjust the shaving procedure according to the amount of dirt the trimmer has.
Most of these beard trimmers will come with a very good and firm hold. They are also available in different sizes and shapes. If you have small hands, a beard trimmer that is shaped like a disposable shaver will definitely be a perfect fit for you, while if you have large hands, then, you will need a more ergonomically designed trimmer.
If you want your beard trimmer to last a long time, then, you must ensure that it is very well maintained. With time, the blades will need to be replaced, and in most cases, this is done once a year.
When buying the trimmer, always enquire whether it has another set of blades, and also investigate if the parts are easily available, and where you can purchase them.
Expensive trimmers will have expensive replacement parts, so, you will need to consider this while buying them.
Some of the beard trimmers normally have an LCD screen that clearly displays the status of the battery. This includes the amount of charge on the battery, when the battery goes off and when you need to charge it. In some cases, it will even light up green or red, depending on the needed activity.
The speed of the trimmer:
This is normally measured in Revolutions per Minute (RPM) the higher the RPM’s, the greater the performance of the shaver. An electric razor will run at, or greater than 10,000 RPMs. You will need to take this into consideration, so you can choose the type of trimmer that will work perfectly for you.
1. Nova NHT-1045 Rechargeable Cordless Beard Trimmer – Best for the man on the Go.
If you are looking for a beard trimmer that will make you look elegant, stylish and neat, then the new Nova NHT-1045 beard trimmer is what you have been looking for. It is designed to last a very long time, make trimming extremely easy and it makes use of the latest technology to make a trim that is extremely clean, without necessarily damaging or cutting your skin at all.
- Easy to clean: Almost all parts of this trimmer are detachable, which makes it very easy to clean. Once you remove the parts, you simply need to run it through a tap to get rid of all the small hairs that may have stuck to the trimmer and dry it before attaching it back for re-use.
- Easy to use: You will effortlessly be trimming your beard with this trimmer because it is very easy to use. It offers the most hassle-free experience right in your home, without necessarily consulting the manual because you simply need to connect to the power charger and you are good to go.
- Ergonomic design: This trimmer is designed for comfort. If you do not like getting tired while you groom, then this is it. The handle is nicely curved to accommodate your hand, and it is non-grip which means that it will not slip and fall to the floor. You can also be able to keep grooming and grooming for a long period of time without getting tired at all.
- Beautiful design: Of course, the first thing you will notice about this trimmer is how elegant it looks. You will not be embarrassed to put it out on your bathroom counters and use it any time you like because it will enhance the look of any bathroom. It is so beautiful you will want to share it with your friends.
- The blade: The blade of this trimmer is made of stainless steel material. This not only makes beautiful but also long-lasting. As mentioned earlier, most products made of stainless steel are extremely durable. In addition to all of this, the free-floating head will give you a very clean trim.
- Skin friendly: It will not hurt your skin. The blades are extra sharp and they always cut the hair very effectively. The rounded tips will also comb the beard and will prevent irritation to your skin.
- Rechargeable: Don’t you just like the freedom to move around as you groom? Well, this trimmer gives you such freedom. You can move around as much as you want while doing your grooming because the batteries are rechargeable. In addition, you can use it while traveling because it doesn’t necessarily require a power outlet.
- Runtime: Up to 30 minutes of cordless use in a single charge.
- It can be used both as corded and cordless.
- It is inexpensive.
- Ideal for traveling as it comes with a pouch.
- It has a very good grip.
- Easy to use.
- Does not cause any harm to the skin.
- Made of high-quality stainless steel that is also durable and long-lasting
- It does not come with a manual.
- The battery runs out too quickly.
2. HTC AT 209 Rechargeable Cordless Trimmer for Men
The HTC AT 209 is a trendy looking beard trimmer that comes with durable and sharp stainless steel blades that ensure a smooth and precise trim. The length of the trim can be adjusted to meet your requirement. The attachments of this product ensure that you obtain a hassle-free grooming experience. Moreover, the cordless long lasting trimmer can give up to 45 minutes of continuous use on a single charge of just 2 hours.
- The cordless trimmer comes with a rechargeable battery.
- Requires 2 hours of charging for 45 minutes of use.
- It uses Dura-Power technology to function.
- Comes with an adjustable trimming range.
- Features stainless steel blades, a push-type switch and a trendy design.
- The head is detachable.
- The blades are durable and ensure long-lasting performance.
- It comes with a charging wire, lubricant, attachment for trimming, and a cleaning brush.
- Ensures a clean trim with precision.
- Comes with skin-friendly rounded tips for smooth trimming.
As per users, the quality of the product was not up to the mark.
3. Lifelong LLPCM05 Cordless Beard Trimmer for Men
The Lifelong beard trimmer gives you a working time of 50 minutes on a single charge. It features 20 adjustable length settings that enable you to trim your beard in any style you want while maintaining precision. The stainless steel blades are capable of sharpening themselves so that you can trim the unruliest of hair effectively.
- Comes with 20 adjustable length settings ranging from 0.4 mm to 10 mm.
- The cordless trimmer is provided with a USB cable for charging via a laptop or a power bank.
- Requires a full charge of 8 hours for working continuously up to 50 minutes.
- It features a light indicator for the charging.
- The product comes with self-sharpening blades that are detachable and waterproof.
- It comes with a secure and comfortable grip for a smooth, grooming experience.
- Can trim the most unruly hair neatly with precision.
- The adjustable comb guide helps you to give yourself the perfect trim.
- As per a user, the comb adjustment feature was not good.
4. Philips BT1210 Cordless Beard Trimmer – For that Excellent Trim:
Philips is one of those companies that never disappoints. In fact, you will already have one of the Philips electrical appliances in your home. This is because they have been there since time immemorial and they never produce substandard products.
Now, if you are looking for a beard trimmer that will not only give an excellent trim but a protective one as well, look no further than the Philips BT1210 Cordless Beard Trimmer. It works each and every time you use it and gives great results. Most barber shops will stock beard trimmer Philips because they are also long-lasting.
- The blades: Its blades are made of stainless steel. There is no better material than stainless steel. This is because it is beautiful to look at, it is durable and long-lasting, plus it is very easy to clean and to keep clean.
The technology employed by this trimmer is that the blades constantly brush against each other and as a result, they sharpen themselves. The trimmer, therefore, stays sharp and effective every time.
- Detachable head: The beauty of this point is that you can be able to dismantle the trimmer for easy cleaning. Once the parts are removed, you simply need to pass them through water and then dry them thoroughly before putting it back again.
- USB charging: Anyone who loves technology will appreciate this point. The trimmer comes with a USB cable that allows you to charge it on any USB port you have.This means that if you forgot to groom in the morning or you were running late, you simply need to plug it in your laptop and charge it while going to work, and it is ready for use.
- Ergonomic design: It is designed for ease of use. The handle perfectly fits into your hands and you can keep going for as long as you wish. No mess no fuss no stress. This is what everyone is looking for in a beard trimmer.
- Battery life: This beard trimmer makes use of dura power technology. This is a company that designs and sells advanced batteries that can last 4X longer than normal batteries. Well, this means that once you fully charge your Philips BT1210 you are good to go for a long time.
- Runtime: Up to 30 minutes with a single charge.
- It is very easy to use.
- Has a super powerful motor for precise trimming.
- It has long battery life.
- It is designed for comfort.
- It allows quick charging using a USB cable.
- It is very easy to clean and maintain.
- It does not allow corded use which may be disappointing if you want to use it for a long period of time.
- Does not have a charge level indicator.
5. SYSKA HT200 Ultra Trim Beard Trimmer – Ergonomic Design
The sepia NX Rider is available in two sizes medium and large. The shell is made of high-quality ABS material that meets all safety standards so that it protects your head from injuries. It has a padded interior with soft foam cushioning that ensures ventilation and comfort. Moreover, it comes with a peak shade to offer protection to your forehead from sunlight while the clear visor enhances visibility.
- Cordless beard trimmer.
- Requires 8 hours of charge for 30 minutes of continuous use.
- The USB cable can be used to charge it via laptop, power bank, or any other USB adapter.
- Comes with 10 lock-in length settings: 1 mm to 10 mm with 1 mm precision.
- Features an in-built stubble comb.
- It has a removable, washable head.
- This product is crafted in Korea using the latest technology.
- The stainless steel blades have a self-sharpening technology.
- The ergonomic design ensures a comfortable grip to the users so that they can easily trim the hard to reach areas.
- The built-in stubble comb gives you the desired look anywhere and at any time.
- Easy to clean and wash by removing the comb and head so that you can maintain it without any hassle.
- The self-sharpening technology keeps the user-friendly blades sharp from the first day of use.
- According to a user, the blades were not up to the mark as they made the skin rough.
- It requires 8 hours of charging which is alot.
6. Philips Beard Trimmer Cordless and Corded – The Best for effortless Trimming:
This Philips Beard trimmer is what you need if you want to look your best. Philips has combined its greatest design ideas and technology, to come up with a trimmer that is 4 times better than any other ordinary product in the market. Nothing says value for your money more than this product
- Long-lasting performance: It makes use of Dura power, which optimizes the energy consumption, and allows you to use the trimmer 4 times more than you would use any other product in the market.
- Corded/Cordless use: This machine allows you to use it both corded and cordless. This means that you can plug it into a power outlet while in use or charge it and use it later without necessarily connecting to any electric outlet.
- Skin-friendly: The blades of this beard trimmer are extra sharp, and they always the hairs neatly and efficiently. The rounded blade tips of the comb make it skin friendly, which means that it will rarely irritate the skin.
- Zoom wheel: This trimmer has 20 different length settings, which can give you anything from a 3-day shadow look to a full-grown beard. You simply need to turn on the wheel and lock in the length settings, remove the comb and go to town on your beard.
- Self-sharpening blades: The blades are made of titanium and they have a technique of rubbing against each other as you work, and as a result, they end up sharpening themselves. In the end, you always have sharp blades for your trimmer.
- LCD screen: It has a little screen on the bottom that shows you the status of the battery at all times. You can see it as it charges, or when the charge is full or if you need to recharge it all over again.
- Travel pouch: It comes with a built-in travel pouch that you can use to store while you travel. This is perfect because it ensures that the trimmer does not get dusty and clog.
- Lithium-ion power: It comes with lithium-ion batteries that can deliver 90 minutes or the uninterrupted run time after each charge. It also has a quick-charge feature which will allow you to do a full trim just after a few minutes of charging it.
- Full-sized steel trimmer: The titanium blades are full sized which means that they will be able to make straight and clean lines which are even regardless of how thick the hair is.
- It comes with a whole lot of extra features which saves you the cost of having to buy each one of them separately.
- Made of high-quality titanium that does not rust.
- The cutting guards have an ultra-strong fiberglass material that prevents them from bending or buckling. This makes your trim even each time.
- It fits perfectly into hands.
- The blades are self-sharpening and this makes them sharp each time you want to use them.
- This beard trimmer definitely gives you value for your money.
- Fives an excellent and precise trimming.
- You may have to swipe a couple of times in the area you are shaving in order to get the best results.
7. Havells BT6201 Li-Ion Cord & Cordless Beard Trimmer – The ultimate Styling Machine
This trimmer will always style your beard perfectly with its high-quality blades, and numerous precision settings. You can ensure the length you want with perfect detailing because it is compact and easy to use.
- Li-ion – rechargeable: The built-in battery ensures you have 90 minutes of uninterruptible use after a full charge. This is equivalent to 20 trims.
- Corded/cordless: You can either use this trimmer when it is corded or cordless. This definitely gives you the power to choose what you want. If you are on the go, it is perfect, or if you want to cord it and use it for long periods of time, it will work too.
- Hypoallergenic U-shaped metal blades: This is truly an advancement in technology because this trimmer comes with one of a kind blades that are U-shaped and also, they are hypoallergenic. This means that they are skin-friendly, efficient and sharp. The u-shaped blades are able to adjust to the contours of your face and they also glide very easily.
- LED indicator: It comes with an LED screen that clearly shows you the battery life especially during charging and efficiently turns from green to red whenever it needs to be plugged in.
- Detachable blade: This makes it easy for you to clean the machine and keep it hygienic at all times.
- Easy to use.
- Hypoallergenic and does not cause skin irritations.
- High-quality sharp blades.
- Provides flexibility of use because can be used corded as well as cordless
- It is a little pricey.
8. Syska HT400 Ultra Trim Beard Trimmer – The Classically Beautiful Beard Trimmer
Classic beauty is what you would say about this beard trimmer from Syska. It is beautiful to look at and it comes in a champagne gold color, and it definitely makes a great first impression even before you find out how it works.
The handle is perfectly made for your hands. It fits well and ensures that it does not slip easily. You can use it for hours comfortably.
- Jog dial: This allows you to choose the setting you want for your desired style. It has 20 lock-in settings that range from 1 mm-10 mm.
- Skin-friendly blades that are also self-sharpening: The blades are made of titanium, which makes for a very smooth trimming experience. In addition, the blades have a unique self-sharpening technology that allows them to brush against each other and sharpen themselves. As a result, the trimmer is always ready for use, sharp and effective.
- In-built stubble comb: The comb is built-into the machine and ensures that your beard is groomed to perfection every time you use it.
- LED indicator: The beauty of this feature is that it allows you to check the status of the battery at all times, just like a mobile phone.
- Rapid charge technology: When charged for an hour, the trimmer gives a runtime of 2 hours.
- It is skin-friendly and will not irritate you after use.
- It is ideal for the man on the go as you can use it both corded and cordless.
- It has an ergonomic design.
- Comes with a stand for easy storage.
- Has rounded blade teeth for smooth contact with skin, leading to no cuts and precise trimming.
- A few users complained that it gets heated quickly.
9. Hoffen Rechargeable Cordless Beard Trimmer – For that Professional Look
This is a rechargeable beard trimmer from Hoffen that ensures a professional beard trimming that does not disappoint. It has a comb and an auto-lock system that turns on the machine, and this is the green button you see on the side of the trimmer.
- Cutting Options: There are 9 settings of cutting options on the machine, i.e. 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18 MM. This gives you the freedom to choose whichever one you like as you do your morning grooming.
- Recharge: You will need to charge the machine for 8 straight hours non-stop before using it for the first time. When you charge it fully, you can be able to use it for 45 minutes without requiring to plug it into a power outlet.
- Indicator Light: It comes with an indicator light which will turn on when you start using the machine.
- Blades: There are 4 blades in the package which you can easily remove and clean or change and use as needed. These blades are made of high-quality stainless steel that ensures the longevity of use and they do not rust or corrode.
- Precise Trimming: The ultra-thin heads are perfect for setting stubbles and trimming long hairs.
- Perfect for long hair trimming.
- It comes with an indicator light that clearly shows when it is in use.
- It is long-lasting and durable.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- Quality on a budget.
- A user complained that the head was not adjustable.
10. Panasonic ER307 Men’s Trimmer – The Best for Beard Styling:
This Panasonic Beard trimmer is one of the best from the Japanese line of products. It works great on any beard and ensures that you are looking elegant and professional at all times.
It is designed to make your work easier, and to fit perfectly into the palm of your hand, so you do not have to get tired while using it.
- Adjustable dials: It comes with 12 adjustable settings that you can choose from. These range from 0.2-1.8cm for your beard.
- High-performance blade: The stainless-steel blade is high performance, and ensures that your beard is trimmed as required
- Easy to clean: The head is detachable which means that you can easily remove it and clean easily if needed.
- Corded/cordless: You can use it both corded or cordless, because it allows you to plug it into the power outlet, or charge it for later use.
- LED light: It has an LED light indicator that shows you the status of the battery at all times.
- Face and hair trimming: It has many different attachments that allow you to create an elegant and unique look effortlessly and with precision. Whether you are trimming your head or beard, or whether you are tiding your nose and ears, you will get the most perfect cuts each and every time.
- Beard styling: It has 2 fixed combs with many length settings that help you style your beard whichever way you like.
- Hair clipping: It has a hair clipper comb that offers precision and control for your haircut.
- Lifetime-lasting blades: The blades are made of stainless steel, and they are able to cut through long and thick hair without causing any tugging or pulling. These blades are also designed to last a lifetime without requiring you to replace them.
- It has 12 precision length settings that enable you to achieve the style you wish.
- It has blades that can last a lifetime.
- It is fully washable under running water.
- Can work for 40 minutes on a full charge.
- It is not ideal for sensitive skin
11. Philips MG7715 13-in-1 Trimmer – The Most Versatile Beard Trimmer
This is a 13-in-1 premium trimmer from Phillips for the ultimate versatility. The 13 attached tools are empowered and crafted to help you achieve a unique look from head to toe. Phillips is a world-renowned company that is trusted by many, and so this is a product that does more than expected.
- Dual cut technology: This technology includes 2x more blades that are able to lightly brush against each other as they work, and as a result, they sharpen each other. This ensures that the blades are always sharp even after 5 years of constant use.
- Added tools: It comes with 13 added tools which means it is an all-in-one groomer for styling your face, your hair and your body.
- Metal trimmer: It has a metal trimmer which enables you to get clean and sharp lines all around your beard, hairline, and neck. You can also trim your body hair up to a specific length.
- Skin protector: You can comfortably shave below the neck with the body shaver, and the unique skin protector will ensure to guard your most sensitive body parts against irritation and cuts. This means that you can cut hair very close to the skin without worrying about getting hurt.
- Nose and eat trimmer: This added features will help you trim your ear and nose hairs comfortably.
- 8 impact resistant combs: It has 2 stubble combs, 3 hair combs, 1 adjustable beard comb, and 2 body combs. All of these help with your full body grooming.
- Up to 120 minutes of runtime: It uses Lithium-ion batteries that when fully charged can operate for 120 minutes. You can also charge it quickly for 5 minutes in order to get 1 trim worth from the battery.
- Ergonomic design: It is designed for comfort and ensures it does not slip while you use it. It perfectly fits into your hands and does not make you tired if you work as a barber all da
- Comes with 13 attachments for full-body grooming.
- Makes use of dual cut technology which ensures the blades are always sharp.
- Easy to clean.
- Has a rechargeable battery.
- Quick charging.
- Skin protector allows you to shave very close to the skin.
- The blades can be very sharp and will need you to be extra careful.
- It is expensive.
12. Braun BT5070 Cordless and Rechargeable Beard Trimmer – For Lifetime Use
This Braun BT5070 Beard Trimmer is the perfect styling and trimming machine with a precision comb and lifetime lasting blades that are also very sharp. It will give you the exact length and precise contours for a great look. Whether you are looking to trim your whole beard or to achieve designer stubble, this is the right machine for you and it will provide you with the flexibility you need.
- Sharp blades for precision cutting: The blades of the Braun are designed to last you a lifetime. They perform at high precision and they will help you achieve the style you want each and every day. They are made of stainless steel, with excellent trimming elements that will ensure to cut through thick and long hair without any tugging or pulling.
- Corded and cordless operation: The machine offers you the flexibility to use it while plugged in as well as unplugged. You can easily use it on the go or while traveling or you can plug it in for a long-term kind of grooming exercise.
- Slide out the detail: You can use it with or without the comb for an efficient and easy styling of your beard. It actually comes with 2 detachable trimming combs with 25 length settings for a perfect trim each and every time.
- Detachable parts: All of the parts for this beard trimmer are removable and easily washable under running water.
- It comes with 2 years warranty.
- Can also be used while charging.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- Ease of use because it can be used both corded and cordless.
- The blades can be used for a lifetime which means that you do not need to replace them.
- Made of high-quality products.
- It is very expensive.
- It does not come with a protective pouch for storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are trimmers good for the skin?
Good quality trimmers are good for the skin as they do not rug the skin or make it rough in any way. Moreover, it prevents skin from blackening, which usually happens due to a razor blade over time.
2. Do trimmers make the hair grow back thicker?
No, trimmers do not make the hair grow back thicker. A trimmer only trims the hair and in no way has any effect on hair growth.
3. What is the difference between a shaver and a trimmer?
A trimmer is an electrical device used to trim hair while a shaver is a razor that can only be used to shave the hair off completely. It can in no way trim the hair.
4. Do I really need a beard trimmer?
The answer is yes! If you maintain a beard, it is important that you invest in a good quality beard trimmer. The beauty of it is that it is specifically designed to deal with beards, and therefore, it is able to shape them into various shapes and lengths as per your preference.
If you choose to use any other device on your beards such as a shaver or a razor, you may find that it does not give you the shape that you want or it does not deal with your beard the way it should. It may cut too long or too short and may even irritate the skin around your beard.
5. Can I use the beard trimmer to shave my head?
It is not advisable, but since you assume hair is hair, you can do it to a certain extent. What you will need to do is use the longest trimmer guard in order to slowly trim while you use the brush or comb. This will allow you to measure the trim you are going to use.
Now, if you use the short trimmer, it may cut off more hair than you intended to cut initially, and this is why it is not advisable. The long and thick hair on your head may even clog the trimmer’s blades as it is not intended for such hair.
Generally, it is recommended to buy a hair clipper that comes with a trimmer and a full comb so you can use it on both your beard and your hair. This hair clipper will not clog the trimmer especially when you are dealing with a very full head of hair.
6. Can I use it on my armpits and other body parts?
Yes, you can. But you need to note that the beard trimmer will not give you the close shave you need from these specific body parts. This is because it is a beard trimmer and is designed to leave a little stubble behind. If you want a clean-shaven look, then your best option would be to use an electric shaver or a body shaving cream.
Now, if you decide to still use a beard trimmer, ensure to first cut off some of the hair using scissors so it does not clog the blades, and the best time to do this would be after a hot shower. Also, use the shortest trimmer guard.
7. How do I keep it clean?
After each use, remove all the hair that are stuck on the trimmer blades. Then, remove the attachments and brush the hair away using a small brush. Now, depending on the trimmer you have, there should be a cleaning lever that allows you to move or extend the blades and then you can reassemble it after cleaning.
For the beard trimmer body, use a clean cloth that is slightly damp to wipe it, and never use polishers or liquid soap to clean it.
8. How can I adjust the trimming length?
To adjust the length, you will need to choose the right trimmer attachment which you place over the blade. Some trimmers will come with a locking mechanism that will allow you to keep the guard in place. Choose a trimmer guard in accordance with how much hair you have.
9. Can a beard trimmer be repaired?
If the beard trimmer doesn’t work, you should first check to see if it is clogged. Remove all the attachments and try cleaning the blade. Then, you will need to remove the dust holder if it has one if it still doesn’t start, then, you will need to charge it because the error may be due to a weak battery.
If after charging it still doesn’t work, then you will need to take it to the repair shop with your warranty in case it hasn’t expired yet. If your warranty is expired, contact the manufacturer for advice on how to repair it.
10. Are beard trimmers the same as hair trimmers?
They are closely related. However, the main point of difference is the blade size or guide. Hair trimmers come with attachments that work well on longer hair length while beard trimmers cut the hair close and work well for shorter and finer hair.
Finding the right beard trimmer will make the difference between looking well-groomed and unkept. Beards have a way of being the center of attention, so ensure to keep it styled and combed at all times in order to achieve the elegance you seek. We recommend these three trimmers Nova NHT-1045 Rechargeable Cordless Beard Trimmer for Men and Philips Beard Trimmer Cordless and Corded for Men
A good quality trimmer will not only do a great job for you but also last you a long period of time.