8 Best Ball Toys for Dogs
Dogs always need something fun to do. Otherwise, they would get lonely and sad. Hence, toys are very essential pet supplies that stimulate the mental and physical activity of your dog. We know you only want best pet toys for yout furry friend. There are different types of toys designed especially for dogs. However, one of the most fun filled and amusing toy for a dog is the ball.
New dog owners might have some trouble while selecting the perfect pet toy to gift your dog. We try to solve this problem by providing a comprehensive buyer’s guide followed by a detailed review of the top eight balls. You can purchase them from the Amazon links mentioned below each of the product. We have also provided the answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Top 8 Ball Toys
Best Bouncy Spiked Ball
Best Chew Ball
Best Entertainment Deal For Dog
Quality on a Budget
Colorful Deal On Squeaky Balls
The Sturdy and Durable Ball
Best Hard Ball
Importance Of Balls as a Pet Toy
Dogs are very playful creatures that always need something to do. If not, they focus all their active energy into destroying home by chewing on your valuable items. Finding pet toys for dogs is easy since they are such adorable animals that get happy with almost everything. But it is important to find that perfect toy that will take out their energy and also keep them happy. Thus, toys such as balls help them stimulate both physical and mental activity while keeping them well entertained.
Balls are available in various bright and attractive designs that allow interactive play. These toys allow you to build a strong bond between both you and your pet. You can easily enjoy a beautiful day in the park with your canine friend, playing fetch. It helps you show your pet that you care enough to play with him/her.
Toys for pets helps with anxiety and depression and your companion might get lonely and depressed in your absence. Ball toys allow you to leave your pet alone at home without any worries. Your dog will be entertained by it for hours without even realizing your absence. Certain treat dispenser balls also allow them to enjoy dry treats as well as a fun-filled playtime of their own.
Balls such as rubber balls or spiked balls are great when your dog needs a chew toy. These balls are designed in a way that allows your dog to chew on them easily. This helps to massage the gums and cleaning teeth while satisfying the instinctual needs to chew.
Moreover, these balls are great for training purposes as it helps in correcting your dog’s bad biting, aggressive or chewing behavior. Thus, a ball is an interactive toy that lets your dog enjoy playtime alone or with you while also providing him/her diverse number of benefits.
Types of Balls
Spiked balls are usually made of rubber which is long-lasting and durable. They are bouncy and provide the most pleasurable playing experience for your dog. The soft spikes on the ball helps in massaging the gum and teeth of your canine companion. Thus, it is great for chewing and playing.
These balls are made out of 100% natural cotton fiber that is twisted tightly into the shape of a ball. Your dog can play and chew on this for hours even in your absence. Rope balls help in keeping your dog active while also maintain its dental hygiene.
These balls are made of non-toxic rubber material that is safe for your pet. They are ideal to play fetch with your dog. These balls are available in various colors, designs, and sizes. Rubber balls can also resemble rugby balls, footballs etc.
They can be chewed on and might come with large holes which allow you to stuff dry treats in it for your pet. These are great for aggressive chewers.
Squeaky balls are soft rubber balls that make a squeaky sound when pressed or chewed on. They are available in various designs that resemble the spiked balls or a soft foam ball. These balls may also include LED lights that come in various colors. It keeps your companion amused while providing him/her with a fun-filled playtime.
Treat Dispenser Balls
These balls are designed for allowing your dog to feed and play in an interactive way. It comes with openings in which you can stuff treats in. Your dog will be kept active both mentally and physically as he/she will try to figure out the way of dispensing the treats. It is the perfect way of rewarding as well as making your pet enjoy playtime simultaneously.
Ball Toys for Dogs Buyer’s Guide
There are different types of balls to choose from. You could choose a rubber ball with holes or dots if you wish to, for your dog over a game of fetch or catch. Squeaky balls with spikes and LED lights are also great options to keep your dog amused for a long duration. It also helps in massaging your dogs gums and teeth.
Thus, read about the types of balls before making a purchase. Go for a type which will entertain as well as train your dog for good behavior. A rope ball is also a great option for dogs that love to chew, it also helps in keeping your dog active mentally.
Both dogs and cat have the natural urge to chew and choosing a ball that helps your dog satisfy this urge, will benefit you by preventing them from chewing on your valuables. Go for a rubber ball with spikes or a cotton rope ball as it will help in redirecting bad biting behavior and also correct the chewing behavior. If your pet is an aggressive chewer go for a larger ball made using a hard rubber material.
Always consider your pet’s age before purchasing any toy. Same goes for the ball toys since the ball needs to be durable enough to stand pet’s attack. If you have a puppy the size of the ball should be smaller but if you have older dog you need a larger sized ball.
The main factor which you need to consider before purchasing a ball is the features of the ball. Thus, ensure that you choose a ball which has the following features:
- Material and Safety
Safety of your dog should be of utmost priority and for this, the material of the ball plays a vital role. Ensure that the ball you buy is made up of 100% natural rubber and non-toxic materials. This allows your dog to chew on the ball and be safe at all times. If you are looking for a rope ball ensure that it is made using natural cotton fiber.
The ball should not be too hard for your dog as it might hurt your pet’s teeth and gums. Moreover, the product should be of good quality so especially for spiked balls as there is always a fear of the spikes falling off and being swallowed by a large breed dog or an aggressive chewer.
A dog ball is something which your pet can cherish throughout his/her life. It might not last for a lifetime but it sure can last for quite a few years. The material of the ball is what defines its durability.
Ensure that the ball you purchase is made up of tough tear-resistant rubber or ropes of cotton fiber that is tightly twisted. This enables it to withstand even the toughest of chewers. The ball you purchase should be strong, sturdy and long-lasting.
- LED Light/Sound
You can go for spiked and squeaky balls that come with LED lights or musical sound balls. Ball toys with lights in it always attract the dogs and these balls are usually very bouncy which will surprise your dog. They emit lights and sound when shaken or when it hits the ground. The LED lights and sound draws the attention of your canine companion while keeping him/her amused for hours. These features are a must have if you wish to keep your dog entertained for a long time duration.
- Color and Design
A toy is meant to be fun and hence it should also look the same. Choose a colorful ball or a one that comes in a singular but bright color. This makes it look even more appealing.
The design you choose should have spikes, holes or even small dots. The holes make it more fun as you can easily stuff in treats for your dog to enjoy while playing. The dots, on the other hand, offer a firm grip making it perfect to play catch and fetch.
1. Petlicious & More Dog Squeaky Rugby Ball Toy – Our Choice
The Petilicious & More Ball Toy is a squeaky ball that is designed to resemble a rugby. It is constructed using latex that ensures a good elasticity as well as durability. You can easily draw the attention of your loyal companion by pressing the built-in Eco sounder. It has the capability of keeping your dog amused for a long duration while also maintaining a good oral health.
This is our number one choice because it offers value for its price. It is an appealing toy which will be loved by your dog.
- It is a squeaky rubber ball that resembles rugby.
- This ball comes with a dog collar tag.
- The built-in Eco sounder sends out a squeak when pressed.
- It is made using a latex material and has a corn grain design.
- It is a medium size rugby ball.
- The latex material provides a good elasticity that ensures a quick recovery after leveling.
- The material is bite-resistant making it durable.
- The squeaky sound draws the attention of your dog and stimulates a fun playing session.
- The corn-grain design helps in cleaning your dog’s teeth, refreshing the breath and maintaining a good teeth health.
- Helps in reducing separation anxiety and boredom.
- As per users the sound might be too loud and scary for certain pets.
2. Foodie Puppies Rubber Stud Spike Ball – Best Bouncy Spiked Ball
The Foodie Puppies Ball is made using a safe and natural rubber that includes soft peak spike. These balls are available in bright and colorful options for you to choose from. It has an excellent bounce that surprises and attracts your pooch to play with it for hours. This flexible and scented ball also ensures clean teeth by removing tartar and plaque build-up.
- This ball is a made of tough rubber and comes with soft peaked spikes.
- The rubber used for the making of the product is safe and natural with no toxic elements.
- It is a flexible and scented chew toy which provides your dog with pleasurable playing experience.
- It has an excellent bounce, pleasing the pets.
- Comes in bright and colorful options
- The rubber is tough and durable allowing it to withstand even the toughest chewers.
- The soft spikes help in massaging the gums and teeth.
- It proves to be a fun exercise for all age breeds.
- Prevents tartar and plaque build-up by cleaning the teeth.
- The spikes come out easily which might be swallowed by your dog.
3. PetSutra Cotton Dog Rope Ball Toy – Best Chew Ball
PetSutra has introduced us with this great product which allows your dog to chew, toss and fetch. This ball is made from cotton fiber ropes that have been twisted tightly to form the shape of a ball with a diameter of 8 cm. This ball is a great product that helps your companion deal with stress so that he/she can lead a much more happy and healthy life.
It reduces boredom by keeping your dog entertained for hours while chewing on it helps to correct his/her overall behavior. Moreover, it also helps in satisfying the natural urge to chew and also keeps the teeth clean at all times.
- It is a cotton rope coiled and twisted to form a ball.
- The ball has a diameter of 8 cm.
- Ideal for small and medium breed dogs.
- Perfect toy to chew, toss and fetch.
- Helps in reducing separation anxiety, stress and builds self-esteem that promotes intellectual development of your dog so that he/she leads a happier and healthier life.
- Chewing on this rope ball helps redirect bad biting and chewing behavior preventing unwanted destruction of your valuables.
- The cotton rope ball is safe and durable.
- Cleans teeth and gums while satisfying the natural urge to chew.
4. W9 Sound Ball with Bell and Free Led Squeaky Lighting for Dogs and Puppies – Best Entertainment Deal For Dog
The W9 Sound Ball comes with a free LED squeaky ball. Both of these balls are capable of drawing the attention of your dog easily with its sound. Moreover, these balls manage to keep your dog engaged for hours which allows you to leave him/her alone at home for a few hours without the worry to separation anxiety.
You can also enjoy outdoor games with these toys such as fetch and chase. This is the best deal which can be gifted to a small or medium breed dog.
- The packet comes with one medium size rainbow color wired ball and one free squeaky spiked ball.
- The squeaky ball comes with an LED light.
- Ideal for small and medium breed dogs.
- The squeaky ball comes in a small size.
- The rainbow color ball comes with a small bell.
- Perfect toys that keep your dog engaged.
- Made using durable material that makes it resistant to even the toughest chewers.
- Can be used for training as well as for playing outdoor games like fetch and chase.
- The sound from both the balls helps you draw the attention of your dog.
- It is not suitable for large breed dogs.
- As per user reviews, the quality of the product is not up to the mark.
5. Super Dog Rubber Hole Ball Toy – Quality on a Budget
The Super Dog Rubber Hole Ball Toy is made using 100% natural rubber that makes it safe, sturdy and a durable toy to gift your loyal companion. The hole on the ball is an added feature that keeps your dog hooked to it. It is bouncy and a great ball to play fetch with as it also comes with dots that help in firm grip. This rubber ball offers great quality at very reasonable price making it a perfect choice for large breed dogs.
- It is made using 100% natural rubber.
- It comes in eye-catching colors that pump energy.
- The ball is designed to include small dots.
- It has a hole which helps in peeping through it.
- It has a diameter of 3 inches.
- The ball is bouncy and comes with a fragrance.
- Ideal for medium and large breed dogs.
- It is perfect for playing fetch and chewing.
- The natural rubber material makes it tough, sturdy and durable.
- The dots around the ball helps in gripping.
- The hole is a fun feature that can be used to fill in dry kibble treats for your dog to enjoy.
- Satisfies your dog’s desire to chew in a non-destructive manner.
- Maintains the dental health of your canine companion by cleaning teeth and gums.
- No such cons were mentioned.
6. PetSutra LED Squeaky Ball Toy – Colorful Deal On Squeaky Balls
PetSutra has provided us with the best deal on colorful squeaky balls. It is a pack of five balls each having a diameter of 6 cm. This makes it perfect for all dog breeds. These balls are capable of keeping your dog amused for hours because of its LED lighting and squeaky sound. Moreover, the spikes are great for maintaining oral health.
- It is a pack of 5 squeaky LED balls.
- Comes with a diameter of 6 cm.
- Made using high quality and non-toxic material.
- Suitable for all dog breeds.
- Light glows whenever the ball is shaken or hits the ground.
- The five balls have bright colors such as- pink, blue, light green, dark green and orange.
- It comes with small soft spikes all over the body.
- It is made using very soft rubber material that will not hurt your dog.
- The LED light and squeaky sound keep your dog amused for hours.
- Easy to find at night and makes a great decorative item.
- The soft spikes help in massaging gums and cleaning teeth.
- Perfect size to chew.
- Not suitable for aggressive chewers as they can destroy it and swallow the LED light.
7. Foodie Puppies Aggressive Chewers – Extra Durable Big Rubber Ball Toy for Adult Dogs – The Sturdy and Durable Ball
This rubber ball from Foodie Puppies is the ideal choice for aggressive chewers because of its tough rubber material that makes it sturdy and durable. It has the excellent bounce that keeps your dog amused for hours. The diameter of the ball is 11 cm making it ideal for a large breed dog. Moreover, the firm grip makes it a good choice for playing fetch with your canine friend ensuring the formation of a strong bond between you both.
- It is made using a rubber.
- Has excellent bounce as it bounces in all directions.
- Size or diameter of the ball is 11 cm.
- Ideal for large breed dogs and aggressive chewers.
- It is a flexible and scented chew ball.
- Designed to include small dots all over the ball and black beading.
- Available in bright colorful options.
- Keeps your pet dog amused for hours because of its bounce.
- The dots on the ball ensure firm grip that allows you to play fetch and catch with your dog.
- The rubber material is safe and ensures durability.
- Chewing on this ball ensures cleaning of teeth by the removal of tartar and plaque build-up.
- Helps in exercising the jaw.
- As per a user, it cannot withstand constant chewing.
8. Pet Wholesale Rubber Hard Dog Ball – Best Hard Ball
This is a hard ball that is made using rubber and non-toxic raw materials. This makes it safe for your pet to play with. It has a great design and is very durable. This heavyweight dog ball also ensures self-play by rolling the ball on the ground to emit a sound. This sound feature keeps your dog amused for hours preventing boredom and loneliness.
- Made using hard rubber material.
- The raw material used for its making is non-toxic.
- The size of the ball is large making it ideal for large breed dogs.
- Heavy in weight that keeps the ball rolling for a longer period of time keeping the pet busy.
- It comes with a colorful pattern and small spikes.
- It is a sound musical ball.
- Emits a sound when rolled which keeps your dog amused for hours.
- The material is safe to play with.
- The hard rubber makes it sturdy with a very long life.
- The spikes offer a firm grip while also massaging the gums of your dog.
- It is very hard and not fit to chew.
- Users complained that the size of the ball is not as large as mentioned.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the different types of toys for pets?
There are different types of toys designed and invented for the purpose of providing your pet with a fun playtime of its own and with his/her owner. The different types of toys, to name a few are interactive toys like balls, ropes, puzzle, stuffed toys, squeaky toys, frisbee etc.
2. How does a ball help the pet?
The ball helps you build a bond with your pet dog by playing fetch and catch with it. Balls also allows self-play and chew which stimulates your dog’s mental and physical activity. It prevents boredom and the feeling of loneliness in your absence as a ball can keep your pet amused for hours. It also helps in correcting the chewing behavior of your dog while maintaining its dental hygiene.
3. What should the size of the ball be?
While buying a ball it is always necessary to choose a ball as per the size of your pet. A size too big is not at all suitable for a puppy or a small breed dog. On the other hand, a smaller size would be too small for a large breed dog.
4. Why should you not give balls with LED lights or spikes to large dogs or aggressive chewers?
It is not advisable to give large dogs or aggressive chewers balls with LED lights and spikes as they will damage the lights. Moreover, they might swallow the LED and spike leading to serious health risks. Thus, it is always safer to provide these dogs with large and hard rubber balls.
Pet Toys such as balls really help in enhancing the life of a dog by preventing boredom, stress and the feeling of loneliness. It ensures that your dog leads a much more healthy, active and happy life. Hence, a toy like a ball is the best gift to get your loyal friend.
We come to the end of the article with the hope that you find the perfect ball for your pet. Go through the factors explained in the buyer’s guide before you make a decision. You can choose any of the ball toys mentioned in our top eight list of balls.
You can most definitely go for the Petlicious & More Dog Squeaky Rugby Ball Toy as it is our number one choice. However, if you want to get your dog a safe chew ball go for the PetSutra Cotton Dog Rope Ball Toy. We have also mentioned the links to purchase them on the leading e-commerce website namely, Amazon.