Best Baby Wipe Warmers
For parents, diapering has been one of the many challenges when a new baby is born. To make diapering more convenient, many diaper accessories are manufactured. Diapering essentials include fresh and clean diapers, diaper rash creams, wet cleaning wipes, etc.
Usually, baby wet wipes are stored and are kept in air-tight packaging to ensure that their moisture is preserved, which makes them cold. As parents, it would add stress and inconvenience in changing the diapers due to the cold, wet wipes.
If you face a similar problem, you should consider using wet warmers!
This article also has a complete buying guide, features, types and advantages that will help you in getting all the information under the single roof. We have a list of best baby wipe warmers along with FAQs.
Best Baby Wipe Warmers
There are two basic lid types for wipe warmers – the pop-up lid and the manual lid. If you are looking after a newborn baby, the best option is the pop-up lid because they can be easily operated using only one hand. For manual lids, it would be a bit difficult, especially if you are carrying with you your baby since it would require you to operate it with both hands.
A viewing window indicating the number of wipes left is convenient so that you can easily prepare and stack again when it runs low.
A night light feature is an added helping tool for some parents, especially for those changing diapers at night that does not disturb or disrupt your baby’s sound sleep.
If you are very particular about your baby’s health, look for a BPA-free product. BPA or Bisphenol A is a chemical used in some plastics or reusable items that has a harmful effect reportedly in humans. Also, make sure that the warmer has antimicrobial features to prevent bacteria from forming on the wipes.
Advantages of using Wipe Warmers
Easy Diaper Changing
Wet wipes are usually cool, and this may cause your diaper changing routine fussy. As a result, it could make your baby cry and, in worst cases, throw tantrums. But, with the help of wipe warmers, it could change the entire scenario. Your baby won’t be as horrified with every diaper change because of the comfort and soothe they feel with the warm wipes.
Healthier for the baby
Babies don’t start to shiver until about six months of age. Thus, they have no way to tell you that they are cold, and you cannot clearly recognize it. In this case, there is a tendency that it will cause their body temperature to drop. Therefore, it is always essential to make sure that anything that you use in cleaning them is slightly above room temperature to maintain their core body temperature.
Since the wipes are wet, they could still be below the room temperature, thus, use for a wipe warmer.
An increased temperature for wipes prevents bacteria from building up; thus, it provides you with a safer cleaning experience. It ensures fresher and better hygiene by eliminating potential bacteria formation. After all, this is what we want to be sure of, to keep our babies away from harmful elements and make sure their health is the top priority.
Some may not know it, but buying a wipe warmer is worth it. Some manufacturers offer to wipe warmers with high-quality features at really affordable rates. Investing in a product that soothes and comforts your little one won’t hurt your pockets that much.
Types of Baby Wipe Warmer
Wipe warmers are basically dispensers of warm diaper wipes. To work, they need to be refilled with water and plugged in. Primarily, most wipe warmers are designed for disposable diaper wipes. So, if you are using a cloth wipe, make sure that you choose a wipe warmer that is compatible with the cloth wipe.
Wipe Warmers may vary a little regarding the features and designs, but they serve a common purpose which is to keep your wipes warm for your babies.
The following are some of the basic variations of wipe warmers.
Best for a night diaper change
Wipe warmers that feature a glow-in-the-dark and emits a soft night-light are best for a middle-of-the-night diaper change. Most include a small window indicating the number of wipes left.
Best for smaller places
Wipe warmers are small containers to hold your warm wipes; however, if you are tight on space, there are available wipe warmers that are designed to stand vertically, instead of the usual horizontal design. This allows you to maximize your space for other, more critical diapering essentials. Plus, they also make an excellent travel companion
Best for preventing wipe dryness
There are wipe warmers that are specifically designed to maintain moisture on the wipes, thus, ensuring a wet wipe every time. These warmers come with a silicone seal around the container to lock in moist, hence, preventing wipes from becoming dry and brittle.
Wipe Warmers either use radiant or steam heat. In choosing the right warmer, you need to decide whether you want your wipes to be radiant-heated or steam-heated. Steam-heated warmers provide gentle heat and require you to fill up a reservoir with water to keep the wipes moist.
On the other hand, radiant-heated warmers require you to switch on the device, but it tends to dry out easily the wipes because they make wipes hotter.
The heating location of some warmers is placed on the top, making the wipes on top of the pile warmer. However, for some, the heating location is placed at the bottom. Figure out which best suits your preference.
There are a variety of wipe warmers that can hold a certain number of wipes. Smaller warmers, which are best for traveling, normally hold up to 30 to 50 wipes. But for larger warmers, it can hold up to 100 wipes. This means you don’t have to refill it every now and then.
Most wipe warmers need to be plugged into a power outlet to work. This is best when you want to use it for home use. But, if you want to bring it with you on your travels, you may opt for a wipe warmer, which is cordless that has a rechargeable battery that you can easily charge via a USB cord or car charger.
In certain cases where you want to bring with you your wipe warmer, it could be on your short vacation or short trips, light and more compact warmer should be considered for more convenience. A wipe warmer that can be charged through a car charger or USB cord is a great option.
Taking into consideration the quality and some features, you should be able to assess whether you are getting the value of what you are paying. The quality must not be compromised.
Type of Wipes it Heats
When buying a warmer, it is important to know what type of wipe it heats. There are wipe warmers that are made explicitly for disposable wipes and cloth wipes. So, in choosing, it would be best to decide first what type of wipes you prefer, then decide the wipe warmer that works best for you.
It is an important factor that you buy a user-friendly product. A wise choice would be a wipe warmer that lets you operate the device with only one hand so that it would be easier to look after your child.
Best Baby Wipe Warmers
1. Hopop Baby Wipes Warmer
Enhancing your baby’s comfort level is made easy with the Hopop Baby Wipes Warmer. It heats the wipes quickly and evenly, thus, enabling you to calm and soothe your baby. This wipe warmer comforts your baby by eliminating the startling tingle of those cold baby wipes. Diapering has never been this convenient.
- Advanced heating element to evenly distribute the heat from bottom to top
- Has a double-layered body to prevent heat loss
- The intelligent thermostatic controller that automatically turns off the heating system to maintain the temperature
- Has a light indicator that glows with the activation of the heating mode
- Low power for safety and energy-efficiency
- Compatible with most baby wipes in the market
- The lid opens easily with a push button
- The device has an auto-shutdown feature
- It keeps the wipes moist and does not dry them
- It tears some of the wipes when you try to pull it out.
2. Munchkin Warm Glow Wipe Warmer
This wipe warmer from Munchkin keeps your babies wipes warm for your baby’s comfort. If your baby has sensitive skin, then this is a great option for you to have. The device is highly user-friendly and can heat cold baby wipes for a short period of time.
- Energy-efficient and has a low voltage for added safety and reliability
- Has a top warming system that warms the wipes but prevents it from browning
- 10-minute auto shutdown
- Has a warm glow that emits a soft light best for diaper changing at night
- Window refill that shows the number of remaining wipes
- The overall dimension of the product is 7.25 x 2 x 10 inches
- It holds a pack of wipes easily, and they are easy to refill
- The wipes remain moist and wet
- Keeps the full stack of wipes warm and not just some of them
- If wipes are not used regularly, it will dry out, and the top will have a brownish tint.
3. Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer
This baby wipes warmer from Prince Lionheart uses a superior and reliable component that allows it to provide you with a warm wipe to make sure that your baby experiences the best diapering. No more mood swings and tantrums from your baby with this helpful tool.
With its compact, safe, and smart design, everything gets accessible with just one hand. The product has micropores in the pillow trap that allows excellent airflow.
- Has Ever-fresh system that keeps the wipes moist through its evaporation and condensation process
- Prevents browning from occurring when wipes are warmed
- Has antimicrobial additive to prevent the formation of bacteria thus, minimizing odor, spillage, and mildew
- Has a 110-240V with a 12mA adaptor for power-saving
- Has a green night light that glows when plugged for easier diaper changing at night
- Has a large capacity that can hold approximately 80-100 wipes
- Easy-to-use with its instruction manual
- It is small, so it doesn’t take too much space
- It comes with an instruction manual
- Comes fully assembled
- It takes a couple of hours to heat a pack of wet wipes.
4. Munchkin Mist Wipe Warmer
No more dry wipes with the new and improved Munchkin Mist Wipe Warmer. This offers you a revolutionary and simple way to keep every wipes warm and moist for that easy diaper change. The moisture is released when the lid is closed.
The Munchkin Mist Wipe Warmer comes with a one year warranty and is very simple to use. You have to fill the water in a removable reservoir, put in the wipes, and plug it in.
- Has a misting system with an easy-fill water reservoir to moisten the wipes each time lid closes
- Has a misting button to add moisture at any time
- Top warming system that prevents browning, drying, or discoloration
- Flip-top lids to retrieve wipes easier
- Has huge capacity which can hold up to 100 baby wipes of all sizes
- The light is very powerful that illuminates the whole room
- Wipes remain to be warm and humid
- Has a commendable design
- The lid does not stay closed.
5. Dex Products Dual Action Wipe Warmer
This dual-action wet wipes warmer from Dex Products provides your little one a gentler diapering experience. Having your own wipe warmer helps you and your baby to achieve great comfort and convenience in changing the diapers. It best works, especially if you are currently in a cold place, where a warmer is an added value.
- It has an insulated container to keep the wipes warm and won’t easily get cold
- It prevents the wipes from turning brown and avoids drying out of the wipes
- Has a reinforced top lid design
- Large capacity that can hold up to 80+ baby wet wipes so you won’t refill it every now and then
- The low voltage required for added safety
- Has a simple design and is provided with all important functions
- The lid stays easily open
- It warms the top and bottom wipes at a perfect temperature
- Wipes are difficult to pull from the dispenser.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I leave the wipe warmer on all the time?
No. As a safety precaution, always unplug the wipe warmer or switch it off when not in use, especially when you leave the house. It could not only put your health in danger, but it could also cause your wipes to dry out and turn brown. So, regardless of what your power source is, it is always safe to unplug or turn it off until you use it again.
2. How long will it take to warm the wipes?
It depends on the brand. Warming the wipes may vary from one product to another, but most warmers, on average, warm the wipes for about two to three hours. If you need to warm more wipes, then it may require you more time to warm it completely.
3. How to clean a wipe warmer?
First, check if it is unplugged or switched off before cleaning the warmer. Then, take away all the remaining wipes inside the warmer. Remove all sponges or any moisture pillows and cautiously follow the safety instructions by the manufacturer in cleaning each one of them. Use water and mild detergent in cleaning the product and dry it up using a clean and soft cloth. Make sure to regularly clean the warmer at least once a week to prevent bacteria growth.
4. How to set up a wipe warmer?
Wipe warmers, regardless of the brand, comes with an instruction manual that should be followed to set it up properly. The following are the basic steps on how to do it.
Inspect first that the electric cords are intact and not damaged.
Check the lids if it opens and closes easily.
Rinse the sponge that is found at the bottom with water.
After rinsing, damp it for about 10-15 ml of water.
Stack 50 wipes in the warmer.
Switch on the wipe warmer.
For 5 minutes, check if the wipes turned warm.
Wipes are now ready to use.
5. How long does the warmness of the wipe stay after taking out from the warmer?
After being taken out from the warmer, the warmth only stays for a couple of seconds, and then it cools afterward. So, if you want to use a warm wipe, take it out only from the warmer when you need it and then quickly use it.
6. Do wipe warmers dry out wipes?
It depends on how you manage your warmer. If you keep your warmer on all of the time, then there is a tendency that it will dry out your wipes fast and easy since the constant heat source will cause the water to evaporate quickly then their original sealed package.
7. How to keep the wipes moist?
Inside most of the warmers, there is a sponge or a small reservoir at the bottom where you are supposed to add water. Most wipe warmers also include a solution to keep them moist. Just keep adding water to maintain the moist of the wipes. By keeping extra water, thus a natural re-moistening process will take place, causing the water to evaporate off the top.
Using wipe warmer for diapers are incredibly useful for every parent. However, deciding on whether to buy a wipe warmer depends on you. For some who are living in cold places, this is a great option, but for those who live in warm or slightly cold places, one can be fine without having one.
With regard to the factors to be considered when buying, the important consideration is the comfort of your baby. This should be the utmost priority.