7 Best Baby Exersaucers
A baby exersaucer is a diverse baby essential. It manages to provide your child a fun-filled learning and playtime experience so that you get time to do your chores. This is a baby jumper that helps in the overall growth and development of your little bundle of joy.
It is similar to a “jumperoo” with a few differences to look into as mentioned below. This article provides an insight into the definition of a baby exersaucer. We explain the benefits of a baby exersaucer and also list a few safety tips which are to be considered.
Choosing the ideal baby exersaucer for your baby is not easy. The comprehensive buyer’s guide explains the essential factors which are to be considered before purchase. This is followed by the detailed reviews of the top 7 baby exersaucers available. We have also provided an FAQ section towards the end of this article to help you know more about this product.
Top 7 Best Excersaucer
Safe To Use
Best Convertible Activity Station
Easy to Clean
Best Learning Experience
Versatile Baby Exersaucer
What is Baby Exersaucer?
A baby exersaucer is a baby activity station that features a circular and stable base. It is a fun-filled baby essential.
It is designed to secure your little one in place while you take a break. The baby exersaucer prevents your child from rolling over or getting into mischief so that you can carry on with your chores. It is also designed to include toys and other fun-filled activities for keeping your child engaged for a long time.
Baby exersaucers are also termed as jumpers. It keeps your little one in a standing position and allows him or her to jump or bounce up and down, on the base. However, there are a few differences between a baby exersaucer and a jumper which we shall discuss in the following section.
Difference between the baby jumper and exersaucer
A baby exersaucer is a type of baby jumper. It puts your little one in a standing position so that he or she can bounce on the base. The exersaucer is a safe alternative to a baby walker.
There is another type of baby jumper which is known as a “jumperoo.” It is designed to include a seat attached to elastic straps. These baby jumpers are easy to assemble. It allows you to place your baby on the seat for bouncing off the floor.
The jumperoo and baby exersaucer differ from each other in terms of design. Also, a jumperoo is a preferred option for infants as it is much easier to jump in. However, the exersaucer comes with attractive, fun-filled toys and activities for keeping your baby engaged.
Benefits of a Baby Exersaucer
A baby exersaucer helps in the physical and mental development of your baby while keeping him or her engaged. There are a number of benefits associated with this device. Let us take a look at some of these benefits.
Strengthens your baby’s muscles
Playing with the attached toys and bouncing off the base of the exersaucer strengthens the muscles of your little one. It allows your baby to exercise his or her neck and back muscles.
Develops motor skills
The exersaucer manages to develop the motor skills of your baby in a fun-filled way. This helps in the overall growth and development of your child.
Aids mental development
The learning activities occupy your baby to ensure a fun learning experience. This helps in the mental stimulation of your child. It develops your child’s brain and enhances his or her reasoning abilities.
Keeps your child engaged
The toys, lights, and sound effects of the exersaucer helps in keeping your little one engaged. It also enables you to get time off for yourself so that you can do your own work without having to worry about your child.
The safety of your baby should be at the top of your list. Consider the following safety tips before making a purchase:
- Ensure that the exersaucer comes with a stable base and sturdy construction. It should be able to withstand the weight of your child so that it doesn’t tip over to cause injury to your child.
- Check the edges and toys of the exersaucer. It should be free from sharp edges to prevent your child from getting scratched.
- The detachable toys should not be too small in size since your baby might put them in his or her mouth.
- Ensure that your baby is not exposed to sharp objects, metal springs, etc.
Go for an exersaucer that can be converted into an activity station or a sit and stand activity table. It ensures versatile use. Moreover, it will benefit your child in different stages of growth. Your child will be able to use and play with it when he or she reaches the walking age.
This feature will enable you to adjust the height of the baby exersaucer. An adjustable exersaucer will grow along with your baby. Ensure that the baby exersaucer you purchase comes with three height adjustments so that it can be used for a long time.
Easy to Store
The baby exersaucer should have a light-weight and portable design. This will allow you to move it around, as and when needed. A fold-able exersaucer is easier to store when not in use. You will be able to fold it flat, into a compact size and carry it around with you.
360 Degree Spin Seat
The seat of the exersaucer should be padded for the comfort of your child. A 360-degree rotatable seat is a preferred choice. It ensures a fun playtime experience for your little one. Moreover, it ensures your baby complete and easy access to all the toys, activities and more.
Learning Activities and Toys
The exersaucer should come with age-appropriate learning activities and fun toys. These features provide your child with customized and fun-filled learning as well as playtime experience. It helps in developing motor skills while keeping him or entertained. Also, check for sound effects and lights.
Easy to Clean
The seat pads of the exersaucer should be removable and machine washable. The toy tray and toys should also be easy to remove. These factors will make the exersaucer easy to clean and maintain.
The design of the baby exersaucer is another important factor. It should have a bright, colorful, and fun-filled design with toys, activities, sounds, lights, and more. An attractive and child-friendly design will keep your child engaged for a long time. Ensure the stability and safety of the product.
1. Evenflo Exersaucer Playground – Our Pick
Evenflo Company Inc deals with the manufacture, design, research and development, marketing and sales of baby products under the brand name of Evenflo. The baby products include doorway jumpers, baby carriers, stationary activity centers, high chairs, car seats, etc.
The Evenflo Baby Exersaucer Bounce and Learn are available in two styles and colors namely, polar playground and zoo friends. The 13+ age-appropriate activities and toys keep your baby engaged. It also manages to develop the leg, neck, and spine.
The light-weight exersaucer is easy to move around and can fit in any room of your house. It has a removable seat cover that is machine washable making it convenient to clean and maintain.
- Item weight: 6.35 kg.
- Suitable for infants and toddlers from 4 months to the walking age.
- Features 13+ age appropriate activities.
- Comes with removable seat cover and detachable toys.
- It has an easy to push button for 3 stage height adjustment.
- The base is 10% smaller, making the exersaucer light-weight.
- Comes with a tray mirror to promote self-awareness.
- The machine-washable removable pad makes it easy to clean.
- The toys are 15% larger than traditional toys making them easy to handle and play with.
- Easy to move and can fit in any room.
- Helps in development of core length strength along with neck and spine development.
- The seat ring comes with sharp plastic edges.
2. Creative Baby Safari Jumper – Safe To Use
The green color baby exersaucer comes with a fun-filled and engaging safari design. The activities, toys, sensory lights, and music make this baby exersaucer stand out. In fact, the product has been tested to meet safety standards. It is JPMA certified.
The exersaucer is easy to assemble and comes with a rubber-padded foot for ensuring stability. The seating also allows you kid to rotate 360 degrees for getting complete access to all the toys, activities and more.
- Item weight: 9.07 kg.
- Suitable age: 4 months and more.
- It has an adjustable height.
- Has a removable music tray.
- Comes with 10+ activities including toys, lights, and music.
- It is JPMA certified.
- It has non-slippery rubber padded feet.
- One year warranty.
- It has a sturdy structure.
- Easy to assemble.
- The 360-degree spin provides your baby easy access to the toys, activities, and more.
- Difficult for the child to jump and bounce on it.
3. Evenflo Plastic Exersaucer – Best Convertible Activity Station
The Evenflo Plastic Exersaucer Triple Fun Active Learning Center is a three-stage convertible activity station. It can be converted into a baby exersaucer and an activity table. It also comes with a play mat, suitable for infants up to 4 months. The exersaucer can be used until the walking age while the activity table is suitable for a child up to 24 months.
- Dimensions: 76.2 x 76.2 x 80 cm.
- The weight of the product: 10.4 kg.
- Constructed using plastic.
- Includes a play-mat, exersaucer and activity table for extended usage.
- Requires 9 AAA alkaline batteries.
- Battery life: 8 hours.
- Comes with three position height adjustment.
- Features 11-age appropriate toys and fun music.
- The exersaucer comes with a handle and a machine-washable seat pad.
- Foldable design makes it convenient to store and travel with.
- Comes with an attractive Amazon theme.
- Easy to clean.
- The toys are removable.
- The seat is not padded.
- Assembling is not easy.
4. Baby Bucket Baby Jump and Play – Attractive Design
The baby bucket exersaucer has an attractive and bright colored design with a sturdy structure. It comes with a detachable electronic organ that plays five tunes and lullabies. The organ can also be attached to the crib for putting your baby to sleep. Moreover, the lights, sounds, colors, and toys will fascinate your little one while keeping him or her engaged.
- Dimensions: 70 × 60 × 74 cm.
- Item weight: 5.75 kg.
- Suitable for ages: 6 to 36 months.
- Has a comfortable rotating seat.
- Comes with a colorful rotating ball, see-saw toy, duck, turtle, and cartoon-like character toys.
- Features a detachable electronic organ that plays five tunes and five sounds.
- Comes with adjustable height.
- The toys, lights, sounds, color, etc. helps in activating senses.
- The detachable organ can be attached to the crib to play lullabies.
- Bright and attractive design.
- It is sturdy and stable
- No negative points were seen so far.
5. Baby Einstein Rhythm of The Reef Activity Saucer – Easy to Clean
The Baby Einstein Rhythm of The Reef Activity Saucer comes with a 360-degree rotatable seat. It features 15 fun activities that will keep your little one entertained. The adjustable height makes it suitable for children in the age group of 6 to 12 months. Also, the machine-washable seat and built-in toy tray make this plastic exersaucer easy to clean.
- Dimensions: 72.4 x 22.9 x 72.4 cm.
- Weight: 5.99 kg.
- Made using polyester and plastic.
- Suitable age: 6-12 months.
- Features a built-in toy tray.
- 360-degree rotatable seat.
- Comes with an adjustable height.
- Battery life: 24 hours.
- The toy tray and machine-washable seat pad are easy to clean.
- Rotatable seat ensures easy access to toys.
- Adjustable height allows it to grow with your baby.
- Quality could be better
6. Evenflo Exersaucer Jumper – Best Learning Experience
The Evenflo baby exersaucer features a surrounding tray and machine-washable seat pad that is easy to clean. The smart electronic toys, fun lights, and sound provide your child with a customized learning and playtime experience. It also manages to develop his or her motor skills.
- Dimensions: 25 x 59.7 x 73.7 cm.
- Weight: 608 grams.
- Suitable age requirement: 4 months to walking age.
- Maximum weight recommendation: 11.3 kg.
- The 3-position height adjustment will allow it to grow with your child.
- Features “smart” electronic toys, fun lights and sound from three music genres.
- The seat rotates 360 degrees.
- Comes with a surrounding tray and machine-washable seat pad.
- Requires 12 AAA batteries.
- Battery life: 2.25 hours.
- Ensures a customized learn and play experience.
- Convenient and easy to use/clean.
- The extra jump ensures exercise to the legs while being entertained.
- The soft landing pad ensures stability.
- It comes with 67 fun learning activities for the development of motor skills.
- It is expensive.
- Assembly takes time.
7. Infantino Entertainer 360 Table – Versatile Baby Exersaucer
The Infantino Sit, Spin & Stand Entertainer comes with a 360-degree seat and six engaging toys with musical effects and lights. It will keep your little one engaged while you are busy with your own work. The height adjustment feature allows the exersaucer to grow with your baby. Also, you can convert it into a sit and stand activity table once he or she grows out of it.
- Dimensions: 74.9 x 74.9 x 67.3 cm.
- Weight: 4.94 Kg.
- Suitable ages: 4 months to 5 years
- Includes six engaging toys with musical effects and light-up buttons.
- Can be folded flat to 6.5 inches.
- Weight recommendation: under 25 pounds.
- Height recommendation: 30 inches tall.
- Requires 3 AAA batteries.
- Battery life: 36 hours.
- 360-degree rotatable seat.
- Easy to store and move around.
- Does not take a lot of space
- Three height adjustment feature allows it to grow with your child.
- It can transform into a stand and play activity table.
- Quality could be better. The toys can be ripped off by the children and put into the mouth.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are baby exersaucers safe to use?
Baby exersaucers are safe to use provided you follow the safety tips mentioned at the beginning of this article. It should be used by your child as and when required. Also, it should be used under adult supervision.
2. At what age do babies use exersaucers?
Most baby exersaucers are designed to be used by 4-month-old babies. However, you should place your baby in an exersaucer when he or she can sit independently, without the use of arms for balance. Also, check the weight and height recommendation of the exersaucer.
3. How long do babies use exersaucers?
Babies can use exersaucers until they reach the walking age. You can opt for a convertible exersaucer which can transform into an activity station or sit and stand table. This allows your child to use it even after he or she grows out of it.
4. Which is better- jumperoo or exersaucers?
Both of these products are baby jumpers. However, it is easy for an infant to jump in a jumperoo. On the other hand, an exersaucer comes with more attractive toys and learning activities. It manages to develop the motor skills of your child while keeping him or her entertained.
Baby exersaucers are perfect alternatives to a doorway baby jumper. It keeps your child engaged and also manages to develop his or her mind, muscles, and motor skills. Hence, this is a must-have baby essential.
The comprehensive buyer’s guide will help you choose the ideal baby exersaucer for your little one. Consider our list of the top 7 baby exersaucers for options. You can opt for our number one pick, namely- the Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn Polar Playground. The creative baby safari jumper is also a good choice.
We now conclude this article with the hope that you make the right purchase. The baby exersaucer you buy should be long-lasting, fun, engaging, and safe to use. We hope this article helps!