8 Best Baby blankets
Blankets designed specially for babies are usually made using ultra-soft fabric. They are used in wrapping, swaddling, or covering your baby safely and comfortably. This ensures warmth to babies, along with a feeling of security. Hence, it is a crucial baby essential which every parent should invest it.
There are different types of baby blankets for you to choose from. Each of them has a purpose of use. This article will help you purchase the ideal baby blanket for your little one. We have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide, which will help you in the process.
Top 8 Best Baby Blankets
Best Swaddling Blanket
Durable and Travel-friendly
Types of Baby Blankets
These are the most common types of baby blankets. They have a light-weight and straightforward design with versatile uses — a receiving blanket measures about one square yard.
It has multi-purpose use. You can use it to swaddle your baby and clean drool and spit-ups. The blanket ensures warmth and comfort for your little one.
There are different types of crib blankets, including crib bedding sheets, blankets, and crib sheets. As the name suggests, a crib blanket is designed for use in a crib. It ensures comfort, safety, and style. However, it is essential to know that you should never use the blanket in a crib with a sleeping child.
Swaddling blankets are used for swaddling your baby. This type of blanket envelopes your baby in comfort, warmth, and calmness. It keeps your little one relaxed, cozy, and cuddled while sleeping. The blanket is designed to include attachments that make swaddling easy.
Security blankets are made using fleece or soft plush and flannel. These are durable and can be used until your baby reaches the toddler age. The blanket ensures comfort for your baby. Also, you can opt for a security blanket with a customized design or with a stuffed animal attached to it.
Cellular blankets are made using soft cotton material, featuring thousands of tiny holes for airflow. They are suitable and safe for newborns with delicate skin. These blankets can be used in your child’s crib or cot. You can also use it as a swaddling option during the winters.
Type and Use
We have already explained about the different kinds of baby blankets. A receiving blanket serves as a versatile option with multi-purpose uses. You can opt for a swaddling blanket for enveloping your baby in warmth and comfort.
A personalized security blanket grows with your child. Hence, it serves as the best childhood memory. You can choose to buy a cellular blanket if your newborn has delicate skin that is prone to rashes.
Ensure that the material of the baby blanket is chemical-free and skin-friendly. Choose a blanket made using ultra-soft fabric. A fleece and flannel baby blanket will be able to provide adequate warmth and comfort to your child. You can also consider a cellular cotton blanket that features several tiny holes for airflow.
Along with warmth, the baby blanket should ensure comfort and security for your baby. The blanket should be made using super soft, breathable, and light-weight material. This keeps your child cozy, comfy and cuddled. It should provide a soft touch to his or her skin.
Be sure to check the size or dimension of the blanket before purchase. The blanket should have a size that ensures a snugly fit. It should not be too small or too big. Also, consider the age recommendation of the blanket along with the size for a proper fit.
The baby blanket should have a stylish, trendy yet cute design. A hooded blanket will offer security to your baby. Opt for bright colors with eye-catching designs. Moreover, it should have a light-weight and fold-able design so that you can travel around with it.
Easy to Clean
Most blankets come with wash care instructions. Read the instructions carefully before making a purchase. The blanket should be easy to clean for your convenience. Also, ensure that the blanket retains its softness even after washing.
8 Best Baby Blankets
1. Hudson Baby Printed Blanket – Our Choice
The Hudson Baby Blanket is large and can be used for a variety of purposes. The soft floral printed blanket comes with a mink fabric front and a Sherpa backing. It is capable of keeping your baby warm and comfortable.
Also, the stylish blanket is machine washable. Hence, it is easy to clean.
- The blanket weighs 340 grams.
- Dimensions: 91.4 x 0.3 x 76.2 cm.
- Made using 100% soft, gentle, and plush polyester fabrics.
- The blanket is machine washable.
- It has a mink fabric with a floral print on the front and Sherpa fabric at the back.
- Keeps your baby warm, cozy, and comfortable.
- Easy to clean.
- It is generously sized and can be used for a variety of purposes.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Brandonn Baby Blanket – Multi-Purpose Blanket
The Brandonn 3-in-1 blanket has multi-purpose use. It can be used as a normal blanket, safety bag as well as a swaddle blanket. The product is available in a variety of cute hooded designs and colors.
The blanket is exceptionally soft to touch and manages to keep your child warm, cozy, and comfortable. This is a suitable choice for babies up to 3 months of age.
- Type: swaddling cum security blanket/sleeping bag.
- Weight of the blanket: 240 grams.
- It measures 30 inches from head to toe and 14 inches wide.
- The exterior is made of flanno, and the interior is of fiber flannel cotton.
- Suitable for babies up to 3 months.
- Has an ultra-soft double-layered fold.
- Available in a wide range of colors and designs.
- The soft 3-in-1 blanket ensures a comfortable fit.
- It stays on without slipping off easily.
- Keeps your baby warm and cozy.
- The inner material could be softer.
- Quality could be better.
3. Mee Mee Baby Blanket – Ultra-soft Blanket
The Mee Mee multi-purpose blanket is available in different sizes and designs. It is made using high-quality fleece that ensures comfort to your newborn. This blanket with cute animal prints can be used to carry your baby around in safety. The fabric is safe and ensures a soft feel on your baby’s skin.
- The weight of the blanket is 1.2 kg.
- Dimensions: 43.7 x 12.2 x 34.5 cm.
- It can be used from the time of birth.
- Made using high-quality soft fleece.
- It has cool and cute animal prints.
- Allows you to carry your baby anywhere you go safely.
- Available in a wide range of colors, sizes, and designs.
- Keeps your baby warm, cozy, and at ease.
- The fabric is safe and skin-friendly.
- It helps in keeping your baby snug in his or her cot, car seat, or pushchair.
- The stitches came off after some washes.
4. Luvlap Newborn Baby Swaddling Blanket – Best Swaddling Blanket
The Luvlap baby soft is a swaddling blanket that wraps your baby in comfort and warmth. It is made using light-weight and soft flannel fabric that is shrink-resistant. The blanket is designed to include cute and engaging patterns with bright colors. These patterns and high contrast colors manage to stimulate all the senses of your baby.
- Type: baby wrapper cum blanket.
- Dimensions: 81.3 x 1 x 101.6 cm.
- The blanket weighs 299 grams.
- It is made using soft flannel fabric.
- Can be machine washed in cold water or dry washed.
- The fabric is shrink resistant.
- It is designed with engaging patterns and high contrast colors to stimulate the senses.
- Light-weight, soft, and comfortable.
- Quality could be better.
5. Kassy Pop Baby’s Flannel Blankets – Breathable material
This is a pack of four receiving blankets that offer multi-purpose use. These blankets are made using soft, breathable, and light-weight cotton material. This ensures maximum comfort and warmth to your baby in all seasons. Moreover, they are skin-friendly, preventing rashes and itching sensation.
- Type: receiving a blanket.
- It comes in a pack of 4.
- Multi-purpose use: Can be used as nursing covers, swaddlers, etc.
- Size: 29” x 29” approximately.
- Weight: 390 grams.
- Made using soft, breathable and light-weight 100% muslin cotton.
- Ideal for babies up to 1.5 years.
- Ideal for use in all seasons.
- Highly durable.
- Ensures a warm, comfy, and cuddly feel to your baby.
- Free from harmful chemicals that cause rashes and discomfort to your baby’s delicate skin.
- Trendy and stylish design.
- The blanket starts losing its softness after some washes.
6. Brandonn Hooded Blanket for Babies – Safety Blanket
The Brandonn all seasons blanket is available in a wide range of colors and designs. The hood of the blanket keeps your baby warm and safe up to the age of 12 months. You can easily use it as a baby wrapper or a baby shawl. It is made using ultra-soft fabric to ensure absolute comfort.
- Dimensions: 29 inch x 39 inch.
- It weighs 399 grams.
- Suitable for babies up to 12 months.
- The blanket can be used as a baby wrapper and a baby shawl.
- It can be hand washed or machine washed in cold or lukewarm water.
- Comes in a variety of designs and colors.
- The hood keeps your baby safe and secure.
- It is made using ultra-soft fabric.
- Easy to clean.
- The blanket had printing defects.
- Size of the blanket was small.
7. My Newborn Baby Polar Fleece – Cute Design
This is a multi-purpose blanket that comes with a cute hooded design. The soft flannel and fleece making ensures maximum comfort. It is warm, fluffy, and skin-friendly. It is suitable for babies with sensitive skin up to the age of 3 months.
Also, you can easily carry it around because of its light-weight design.
- Type: multi-purpose blanket can be used as a baby wrap, spreading sheet, or a carrier.
- Weight of blanket: 249 grams.
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 30.5 x 30.5 cm.
- It is made using soft flannel and fleece.
- Suitable for babies between 0-3 months.
- It can be gently washed in cold water.
- The hooded blanket is pink and white.
- Has a cute kitty design.
- Available in a number of colors and designs.
- It is light-weight and travel-friendly.
- The warm, fluffy material is suitable for extra sensitive baby skin.
- It is long-lasting.
- It is big. Hence, not suitable for newborns.
8. Cutieco Luxury Baby Blanket – Durable and Travel-friendly
The Cutieco Luxury series baby blanket comes with assured quality as Cutieco never compromises on the same. The blanket has multi-purpose use. It can be used as a baby blanket, sleeping bag, or baby wrapper.
The soft flannel material ensures maximum comfort to your little one at all times. The blanket is easy to fold, light-weight, and travel-friendly.
- It can be used as a blanket, sleeping bag, or baby wrapper.
- Weight: 376 grams.
- Dimensions: 91.4 x 73.7 x 2.5 cm.
- Age recommendation: 0-2 years.
- It is made using super soft flannel (polyester), ensuring all-time comfort to your baby.
- Wash recommendation: hand wash or machine wash.
- Available colors: blue, brown, green, pink, and red.
- Prints: star print and generic print.
- It has a pleasing design and soothing color.
- Easily foldable, light-weight, and travel-friendly.
- Easy to wash.
- The fine stitching ensures a classy look along with durability.
- There was an issue related to the color of the blanket.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age can you cover a baby with a blanket?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the use of blankets and pillows in the crib increases the risk of suffocation. Hence, you should wait till your baby is 12 months old to cover him or her with a blanket. You can use wearable blankets, sleeping bags, and swaddling blankets as safer alternatives to blankets.
2. Why are cellular blankets good for babies?
Cellular blankets are made using soft cotton material. These blankets are designed to include several tiny holes, allowing airflow. This makes it a safer option than any other baby blanket. Cellular blankets can keep your baby cool in summer and warm in winter.
3. Are blankets safe for babies?
Baby blankets, including cellular blankets, swaddling blankets, and sleeping bags, are safe for babies. However, it is important to wait until your baby is 12 months old to cover him or her with a blanket. It leads to suffocation. Also, it is not safe to use a blanket in a crib with a sleeping baby.
4. What is the best size of baby blankets?
A rectangular baby blanket with a size ranging between 36” x 54” to 45” x 60” works well as a crib blanket. It can also be used as a cover-up. Ensure that the size of the blanket is measured according to your child’s age. It should provide a cozy and snugly fit.
5. What is the best fabric for baby blankets?
The best fabrics for baby blankets are cotton, cashmere, fleece, and flannel. The fabric should be organic, ultra-soft, and skin-friendly.
Baby blankets are required to keep your baby warm, safe, secure, and comfortable. They are available in a diverse range of colors, designs, and types. It is important to choose a blanket that is soft and skin-friendly. The comprehensive buyer’s guide explains the factors which should be considered before purchase.
You can choose any of the baby blankets mentioned in the list. The Hudson Baby Printed Mink with Sherpa Backing is our number one choice. You can also opt for the BRANDONN 3 in 1 Baby Blanket. It is a multi-purpose blanket that can be used as a sleeping bag, blanket, and safety blanket.
We come to the end of this article, hoping that you find the ideal baby blanket for your little bundle of joy. We hope this article helps!