13 Best Agarbatti in India
Agarbatti or incense sticks have been part of Indian culture for many years. We have seen our mothers do pooja with these agarbatti and then make sure that its smell reached to all corners of the home. Agarbattis are considered to have aromatic as well as medicinal properties.
The original purpose of using an agarbatti was to light it up on the path where a sadhu or monk has walked. This was done to make that area pure from any kind of bad energies. But slowly, people started using it while worshiping as well.
Apart from India, other Asian countries like China and Japan also use agarbatti or incense sticks to worship and purify the house as well. Agarbatti was mentioned in our Veda’s, in Atharva Veda and Rigveda and was considered the first phase of Ayurveda.
Lighting up an agarbatti can lift your spirits up with its beautiful aroma. Over the years, there has been development in creating more artificial smells, and so now you can easily get agarbatti that has your favorite smell.
In this article, we have sort listed Top 13 Agarbattis in India online that you can get yourself. We have also provided other information like which one to choose natural or synthetic, a comprehensive buyers guide, and a few FAQ’s at the very end.
Top 13 Best Agarbattis in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Natural or Synthetic
In earlier days, agarbatti was made of all-natural things like cow dung, flowers, herbs, and that’s what gave these agarbattis the medicinal properties. It is also eco-friendly and does not contain any toxic elements.
But with increasing demand, the manufactures now have artificial color and smell that they add to the incense stick to produce it on a large scale. When both are compared, it is obvious that the natural one is the one you should go with.
With synthetic agarbatti, it might be cheap and smell good, but it won’t have any health benefits. An artificial smell can also bring out any allergy reactions and can cause breathing issues.
You can also find agarbatties that are hand-rolled and agarbattis that are molded in the machine. Handrolled are considered more organic compared to machine-made. but you will hardly find any agarbatti in the market that is natural and hand-rolled because of the price. Most buyers prefer affordably priced
If you want to establish this difference before making any purchase, then read the ingredients.
Scents are a major part when it comes to purchasing an agarbatti. The most common scents are wood, vanilla, floral, and earthy. You will find these scents in a natural agarbatti. In synthetic agarbatti, you can easily find a combination of scents that you can choose from.
You need to select a scent that is pleasing and not overpowering. Any strong scent can give you a headache.
Most agarbatti are made of wood powder, flowers, and chemicals and binders so that the agarbatti burns nicely. These are the common ingredients that you should look out for before making the purchase.
No. of sticks
You get packs of agarbatti sticks, so before buying, check out the no.of sticks you are getting. Most packs have at least nine sticks. If you plan on using it daily, then go for packs that have more no.of sticks in them at a good price.
Many people even use 2-3 sticks together to get more aroma, but this can cost a lot if you are burning 2-3 sticks daily. Select a brand that suits your budget.
The length of the sticks is also important. The longer the length of the stick, the longer it will last, and the longer aroma will last. Always go for longer agarbatti sticks.
Top 13 Agarbattis in India
1. Pavitra Guggal Agarbatti –
Agarbatti has been part of Indian culture for decades. Any pooja or aarti is incomplete without agarbatti. Pavitra guggal agarbatti is made from all-natural ingredients, and it promotes benefits and spiritual wellness.
- The agarbatti is made using divine ingredients like cow dung, cow urine, curd, milk and ghee.
- It also includes herbal ingredients agaru, tagar, Kapur, tulsi, media, lakadi, raal, aavale, sandal, nagamota, gantaapalas shee, vaj, jatamansi, kopporus, kaas, madhu and javantri.
- It has an organic aroma that fills up the room with positivity.
- The divine ingredients, once burned, emit large amounts of oxygen that kills the germs around.
- It is scent-free and chemical-free, making it safe to use every day.
- Using this agarbatti can improve sleep, relieve anxiety and lower blood pressure.
- It keeps the bad odour away from the home.
- No negative points were observed so far
2. Cycle Speciality Woods Incense Sticks
Cycle agarbattis are very well known in India. Everyone remembers the ads of cycle agarbatti. What makes them special is the range of products they are offering. No wonder they made it to our lift. Here we are taking a closer look at Cycle, specialty wood agarbatti.
- The sticks are 9 inches long and burns for good 60 minutes
- This is a combo offer containing two packs
- Each pack has 156 sticks, so with this combo, you get 312 sticks
- The scent that they offer is woody, sandal, resin, masala, earthy, cedar, and amber
- The combination of these scents gives out a refreshing aroma that lifts up everyone’s mood
- It even has natural oils that enhance the experience
- It can be used for worship and meditation
- No negative points found
3. MYSORE SANDAL 100 Agarbathi Pack of 12
Mysore sandal is a very well known company and as the name suggests it produced products out of sandalwood. Mysore is a place in India that is known for its premium sandalwood. Sandal-wood or chandal is known to have many medicinal properties.
- The pack contains 100 sticks
- The sticks are 8 inches tall
- Its scent is of Mysore sandalwood
- The burning time of the stick is 35-40 minutes
- The sandalwood calms your mind, helps with better sleep, and helps with concentration
- It can be used for both meditation and spiritual purposes
- Burning time is less compared to other brands
4. The Aroma Factory Chandan Sandalwood Incense Sticks Agarbatti –
The Aroma Factory manufactures premium quality incense sticks and dhoop sticks for everyday use. The Aroma Factory is a brand of Panjon Limited, founded in 1964, the manufacturer of superior quality herbal products.
- It is a sealed packet to preserve the aroma of the incense sticks.
- Each Agarbatti is 9 inches long that lasts long to fill the house with sandalwood and saffron aroma.
- It is free from charcoal and doesn’t cause air pollution.
- It is made with 100% natural essential oil and is safe to use at home.
- It has a pleasant fragrance that lingers in the air for a long time.
- It can be used in daily prayer.
- The incense sticks are environmentally friendly.
- No cons were observed.
5. Mangaldeep Sadhvi Agarbatti
Mangaldeep Sadhvi Agarbatti is a pack of 100 incense sticks.
The smell and fragrance of the sticks are refreshing. They are easy to use and can be used for praying and rejuvenating the surroundings of the home.
- It contains 100 incense sticks.
- Each stick is approximately 23.4 cm long
- The product is value for money.
- It comes nicely packed
- It has a pleasant smell
- No negative point was found.
6. Tatva Yog Soulful Desires Long Lasting Incense Sticks
Tatva Yog is quite popular for its incense sticks. This is because they try to blend the power of yoga or the power of chakra in the agarbatti they manufacture. Each element of these agarbatti has a meaning, importance, and benefits that it wants to give to its users. They have a huge range of incense sticks to choose from.
- This particular incense stick falls under the Fragrance of chakra categories and is named Hrit Padma Chakra agarbatti
- It consists of 30 sticks
- The scent of the stick comprises pink pepper, rose, and tuberose, pomegranate, musk, and saffron
- Pink pepper is for self-worth, rose for exhilaration, pomegranate for opportunities, saffron for abundance, and musk represents love
- he scent purifies the environment and fights against negativity
- This particular agarbatti represents love and desire
- The incense sticks are pink in color, which is unusual
- No negative points found
7. Aroma White Sage Smudge Smudging Leaves and Patchouli Incense Sticks Agarbatti
Aroma incense sticks are quite popular and price effective as well. They offer a huge range of agarbattis as well as dhoop. They have 12 beautiful scent agarbattis that can be used for worship purposes or to lift a room’s atmosphere with an aromatic scent.
- This is a combo offer, two bottles of different scents
- The scents are White sage, which is pleasant and milk, and the second one is Patchouli leaves, which gives out an herbal scent
- Each bottle has 100 sticks means you are getting 200 agarbatti from this pack
- Each agarbatti sticks are 9 inches long, which means they will burn for longer hours
- The agarbattis have 0% charcoal in them
- This combo is affordable, and the no.of sticks you are getting can be used for many days
- They offer 12 scents to choose from
- The packaging is great; the bottles can be reused
- No negative points found
8. Zed Black Sandal Incense Sticks Long
Zed Back incense sticks have a premium look and smell to them. The long stick will burn for a good amount of time and lift the room’s atmosphere. If used during meditation, it can help you to focus better. They offer great scent and are budget-friendly.
- This is a combo pack; it has 12 packs in it
- Each pack has 12 incense sticks, meaning the combo has 360 sticks in total
- It has a combination of scents, sandalwood, plus floral smell, overall giving a pleasant scent
- Lighting incense sticks can help you improve concentration and focus
- It can be used for both spiritual purposes and meditational purposes
- The combo is very affordable and will go on for months
- The stick might fall off before burning completely
9. BAC Perfume Mysore Sandal Incense Stick
Balaji offers a huge range of products such as incense sticks, dhoop sticks, soaps, and perfumes. Balaji offers more than 30 scented sticks with various unique scents. One of its popular agarbatti is the Mysore sandal incense stick.
- A pack consisting of 25 sticks
- The sticks are 9 inches long that burn for a good amount of time
- It has a soothing Mysore sandalwood scent
- The sandalwood used here is created from selected bark and roots which are then powdered
- Chandan is considered a spiritual scent and is used during worship
- The pure sandalwood scent can help you fall asleep faster, relieve anxiety, and lift up the mood
- All the benefits of sandalwood make this incense stick useful for meditation purposes as well
10. Bharat Darshan Wood Agarbatti & Agarbatti Stand
Bharat Darshan offers premium quality incense sticks. It also offers different beautiful scents to choose from. Here we are taking a look at its popular wood agarbatti and all its features.
- This is a combo pack and has 6 packs
- Each pack as 18 incense sticks in total the combo has 108 incense sticks
- The sticks are environment friendly
- It is hand-rolled and does not contain any toxic material
- No animal by-products were used in manufacturing, making it pure and good for worship
- The packs come with an agarbatti stand, it has beautiful brass work on it
- It has a very pleasant aromatic scent
- No negative points found
11. Satya Sai Baba Mix AGARBATTI Sticks
Srinivas Sugandhalaya is the maker of Satya Sai Baba agarbatties. They have produced incense sticks on a very larger scale. They have scents inspired by Hindusim and all the flowers and herbs that are considered beneficial in Hinduism. Here we are taking a look at its agarbatties in detail.
- his is a combo pack which consist of 12 packs with 12 different fragrances
- The packs are named as follows – Nag champ, Scared Ritual, Tree of life, Money Matrix, Nirvana, California white sage, Eastern tantra, Spiritual Aura, Dragon’s blood, Mystic Yoga and Reiki powers
It also comes with a wooden incense stick holder
- The sticks can burn up to 60 minutes
- It does not contain any toxic material and is eco-friendly
- It has a mild scent so you may have to burn 2-3 together
12. Koyas Maya Supreme Sambrani Incense Sticks
Founded in the year 1970, Koyas have been delivering premium quality incense sticks to its customers. It is one of the largest agarbatti manufactured in the world. It has a huge range of incense sticks to choose from. Here we are taking a look at Koyas Maya Sambrani incense sticks.
- This is a combo pack and has 5 packs in it.
- Each pack has 75-80 hand-rolled incense sticks, which means the pack has about 400 sticks.
- The sticks are 9 inches long and burn for a long time.
- The material used in these sticks is – bamboo, charcoal, honey, wood powder, natural essential oils, and fragrance.
- The scent is of Mogro which is very refreshing and floral
- The burning time of each stick is about 5o minutes
- The sticks are eco-friendly, non-toxic, and carbon neutral
- The packs come with zippers which makes them reusable
- The whole pack has only 1 scent, multiple scents would have been better
13. Blue Aromas Incense Sticks Agarbatti
Blue Aromas are known for their organic and handmade incense sticks. Although they have a very limited range of products their incense sticks are unique but pleasant scents that are much appreciated by the users.
- This is a combo and has 8 packs in it
- Each pack has 15 sticks so in total there are 120 agarbatti sticks in total
- The name of packs are as followed – Yoga, Ritual, Sandalwood, Amrit, Jasmine, Tiranga green, Herbal, and Peace
- The burning time of each stick is 40 minutes
- These sticks are multi-purpose, can be used for yoga, meditation, pooja, and aromatherapy
- Each pack has a different scent, which is great
- No negative points were observed so far
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does agarbatti mean?
Agarbatti is a thin stick that is covered with a substance that consists of wood powder, flowers, oil, and chemicals that help in burning it. It releases a pleasant scent that calms body and mind.
Agarbatti has been used in many Indian houses for many years during worship but it is also used while doing yoga for better concentration.
2. Is incense stick bad for health?
No, using an incense stick is not bad for health. Most incense sticks have natural flowers, herbs, and wood to it which has medicinal properties and helps in calming down.
33. Does incense stick cleanse air?
Burning an incense stick daily can purify the surrounding and fill the air with a pleasant scent. By doing this the air gets cleaned and lifts the whole mood.
4. What are the benefits of burning incense?
Burning incense can act as aromatherapy when it’s burning its scent gets spread out in the air. When the scent goes in our body through the nose and travels to the brain, it makes us calm.
Using an incense stick during yoga or meditation can really show great results.
Home is where we get comfort. After a long tiring day, all we want to do is get to our home and just relax. We have collected so many things over the year that adds to comfort such as sofa, bed maybe a recliner chair as well. Another way to make your home more comfortable is by burning incense sticks.
We have known agarbattis as something that’s used while worshiping to god. But the uses of agarbattis are much more. Burning a good organic agarbatti every day can help with better sleep and help to calm down. It can also be used during yoga or meditation session.
Here we have listed Top 10 Agarbatties that you can choose from and start experiencing its goodness daily.