Ball workouts for Thighs, Abs and Hips
Exercise has always been beneficial to our health. Freehand exercises like squats and lunges are essential for your lower body. This is where the ball comes in to take the notch up to another level for your hips, thighs, and especially abs. Exercising with a ball helps enhance your endurance and stability.
We are going to talk about some exercises which require balance. Hence, it is recommended that you start doing these exercises near a wall, so you have something to hold. Make sure to warm up before you start doing the workout.
Different Ball workouts
- Lie on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat.
- Place the ball between your knees and rest your hands on your sides with palms facing down.
- Squeeze the ball with your knees and lift your hips, using the strength from your heels.
- Pause at the top for 2-3 seconds and then return to the position you started.
- Stand straight and hold the ball at your chest level.
- Using your right foot, take the first big step bending both the knees until your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Slam the ball on the side of your right foot.
- Catch the ball carefully, go back to the standing position, and do the same process with the left leg.
- Stand straight and hold the ball to the level of your chest.
- Use your right foot to take a big step backward, bending both the knees until your left thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Lower the ball and pass it under your left leg from one hand to another.
- Return to the standing position and do the same with your opposite leg.
Single leg bridge:
- Lie on the floor with your left knee bent and the top of the ball. Keep your right foot pointed towards the ceiling.
- Rest your hands on the side of your body with palms facing down.
- Extend your right foot towards the ceiling as much as you can.
- Take strength from your left leg to push your hips up from the ground.
- When at the top, pause for 2-3 seconds, lower your hips and come back to the ground.
- Do it repeatedly for both the legs alternatively.
Ball plank leg lift:
- Put the exercise ball under your chest and then place both of your hands on the ball and balance properly.
- Come to a similar position as a plank.
- Keep your back straight and abs tight. Start lifting your right leg backward a few inches off the floor.
- Return your foot to the ground as the starting position and do it with the opposite leg.
- Lie on the floor and hold the ball with both of your hands at your chest level.
- Lift your upper back as much as you can and take the ball towards the ceiling a few inches.
- Lower your upper back and return to your starting position.
- Repeat this exercise for 20 reps.
The ball exercises we have explained above are some of the best ones that will help you tone your hip, strengthen your abs and thighs. If you follow all the exercises regularly and do it properly, then within some time, you are bound to see some good results.
Be sure to stretch and to do some cardio before you proceed with the heavy workout. Also, go through this article thoroughly to know the exact procedure of doing these exercises because it will affect your body only when it is done correctly.