Best Baby Lotions in India
Are you aware of the fact that the baby’s skin is 8 times more sensitive than an adult’s skin? Sensitive skin needs require extra pampering and care.
Baby skin loses moisture faster than that of adults and thus the need to get your little one the best moisturizing lotion you can find in the market.
For babies, skin lotion is not a luxury but a necessity. They don’t have a fully developed barrier function to protect their skin against harmful environmental factors.
The sebum production in newborns is lower than in adults and thus the need for a moisturizer. As a parent, it’s your responsibility to keep your baby’s skin moisturized and healthy by using a proper lotion.
Moisturizing lotions should always be applied to babies after washing or bathing to provide them with the essential support for their body’s protective functions. Lotions trap the moisture from bath time and also prevent the skin from drying.
No mother would want to see their child suffering from dry skin as it can cause itching, rashes, irritation, flaking, irritation, cracking, ashy skin tone, and even infections. The problem, however, comes about when you set out to look for the lotion.
Most brands in the market today all claim to be the best, making it difficult to pick one.
Now that you are on our platform worry no more. We’ve researched thoroughly and come up with 12 best moisturizing lotions you can get in the Indian Market today. You’ll get some tips on how to use baby lotion and familiarize yourself with things you need to look out for when purchasing baby lotion.
You will also get to clear your doubts on the frequently asked questions section. Take a look!
12 Best Baby Lotions in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Lotion For Dry Skin
Best For Sensitive Skin
Best Organic Baby Lotion
Best Fragrant Baby Lotion
Best Hypoallergenic Moisturizer
Best Organic Baby Lotion
Best For Regular Use
Best For Winter Use
Best For Kids With Delicate Skin
Tips on Using Baby Lotion
- Clean your hands before applying the lotion on your baby’s skin. Doing so will prevent germs transfer from your dirty hands to your baby’s skin.
- Ensure that you apply the lotion after a bath. At this time, your baby’s skin is clean, soft, and supple. The lotion will help trap the moisture into your baby’s skin as well.
- Increase lotion usage during winter as it this time humidity levels get down and can leave your baby’s skin dry. Prevent the application of the lotion will protect your baby’s skin from cracking, as this can lead to infections.
- Always apply a small portion of the lotion on your baby’s skin first to check for any allergic reaction.
Put the following factors into consideration before you purchase baby lotion for your little one.
Baby’s Skin Type
Every baby has different skin. It means that you have to be careful when getting the lotion to ensure that it suits your baby’s skin type. Don’t go for the lotion because a friend is using it on her baby.
What works for others may not work for your little one. Remember that babies have the most delicate skin, and any wrong decision will lead to severe suffering on your loved one.
Since a baby’s skin is sensitive, you have to get for them moisturizing lotion that you are sure enough that it’s safe to use. That’s why you need to ensure that the cream comes dermatologically tested.
And how do you tell this? Read the label; if it is, the manufacturer will surely indicate so.
However, you need to be extra careful as some brands may claim that their product comes dermatologically tested when that isn’t the case.
Always get a lotion that won’t subject your baby into suffering due to allergic reactions. Some lotions make kids suffer from skin problems immediately.
They get applied to the skin. Always ensure that the cream in question is 100% safe for your little one to use.
Mild and Gentle
Get a lotion that will leave your baby’s skin smooth, soft, and supple at all times. It should keep her skin comfortable and relaxed at all times.
Avoid using products that you doubt of their effectiveness on your baby’s skin. You do not want to expose your little one to complications that might harm her delicate skin.
Your baby requires fragrance-free skincare products, and if it is scented, it has to be gentle. If a lotion is scented, it might have chemicals that might cause problems on your little one’s skin.
Fragrances can irritate your baby’s skin. As earlier mentioned, ensure that you go through the label of the lotion you wish to buy for your baby if you intend to keep her safe from allergies.
Consider the condition of your baby’s skin before getting any moisturizing lotion for them. The cream you would use on a baby’s skin is suffering from eczema isn’t the same as the one you’ll get for rashes.
The best cream to apply on your baby’s skin in summer may not be the best for winter and so on. Therefore, always strive to get the right lotion for the condition of your little one’s skin.
Mineral Oil and Petrolatum Free
Baby lotions with mineral oils and paraffin hold in moisture but prevent your baby’s body from releasing all the unwanted toxins. The oils also block the absorption of nutrients and essential oils in your baby’s body.
Parabens are preservatives used in body lotions to help extend a product’s shelf life. The chemicals are petroleum-based and known to cause allergic reactions.
They are also thought to alter estrogen levels and, therefore, not safe on a baby’s skin. Avoid them at all costs.
Get the Lotion Intended for Baby’s Use Only
Although some creams come with labels indicating that the whole family can use them, avoid them at all costs. Never apply such lotions on your little angel skin.
The lotion might be safe for the rest of the members of your family but not for the baby. Always go for one that is meant for babies only as manufacturers had that in mind when coming up with the product.
It, therefore, means that the lotion is quite safe for the baby’s use.
Ensure that you check the amount of lotion before you purchase it. Some lotions come in opaque bottles making it difficult for you to see the contents inside.
You might be excited that you’ve gotten the lotion of choice only to be disappointed when you open the lid after getting home.
To ensure that you don’t get duped into buying such lotions, always open the cover to see the quantity before you pay for it. You can also purchase one with a bottle that makes it easy for you to view its contents.
Always check the expiry date of the lotion before you pay for it. You don’t want to expose your baby to dangers that come with using an expired product.
Also, we bet that you won’t be happy to find that the lotion you spent your hard-earned money on expires in a week.
You need to consider the price of the lotion you intend to get your little one before you order for it. You don’t have to spend a lot on the product if you can get another of similar quality from another brand at a lower price.
However, always consider the functionality, quality, and safety of the lotion as that’s what matters the most.
Top 12 Baby Lotions in India
1. Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Natural Baby Lotion –
Plant-powered natural baby lotion by Mother Sparsh is formulated for taking optimal care of the baby’s soft skin. It moisturizes, nourishes, and protects the baby’s tender skin with its awesome mix of natural herbs and essential oils.
It comes packed with the goodness of organic ingredients such as shea butter, avocado, and coconut oil. This nourishing and non-greasy formulation gets easily absorbed into the baby’s skin within no time.
It is a potent moisturizing lotion that keeps the baby’s skin supple and soft throughout the day. It does so by strengthening the moisture barrier and preventing it from dryness. It is an ideal choice for a newborn’s soft skin.
- The presence of organic shea butter provides deep skin moisturization and enhanced skin nourishment for long periods. It also promotes the growth of healthy skin cells
- It contains coconut oil that exerts powerful anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidants properties
- Provides effective relief and relaxation from dry & itchy skin
- Avocado oil of this formulation keeps baby’s skin nourished, hydrated, and healthy by treating various skin ailments
- Supplies vitamins and minerals required for the growth of skin cells
- Improves skin texture and spreads IFRA certified allergen-free fragrance of essential oils
- Available in 200 ml packing and suitable for newborn kids (0 months and above)
- Blended with natural extracts & essential oils with skin protection activator that provide excellent protection to baby’s skin
- Packed with natural ingredients that ensure deep skin nourishment
- Safe for kids as it does not contain any harmful chemicals, parabens, dyes, SLS/SLES, synthetic fragrances, etc
- It gets completely absorbed in the skin and doesn’t provide a greasy feeling
- Feels gentle and mild on the baby’s soft skin
- No negative points were observed
2. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Nourishing Baby Lotion
Dove is owned by Unilever and is an American personal care company. With worldwide manufacturing markets, the brand is one of the popular brands here in India as well. Its products are sold in over 15 countries.
The Dove rich moisture nourishing body lotion replenishes essential moisture in your baby’s skin after bath. It keeps baby skin moisture for up to 24 hours.
It soothes and hydrates the baby’s skin from first use itself.
- It is made with 100% natural ingredients.
- The lotion is hypoallergenic and pH neutral. Hence it is suitable for all baby’s skin types.
- It has a mild fragrance and is non-sticky.
- Get absorbed with a slight massage.
- The lotion is free from parabens, dyes, phthalates and is completely safe for use on baby’s delicate skin.
- Retains moisture and keeps the baby’s skin soft post-bath.
- Has a soft creamy texture which will be loved by the baby.
- No negative points observed so far.
3. Curatio Atogla Cream – Our Pick
We begin our list with this cream from Curatio that will not only leave your kid’s skin glowing but also keep him moisturized for long. It is specially formulated with your baby’s wellbeing in mind to help retain his skin’s moisture and get it nourished as well.
Pediatricians and doctors highly recommend this product due to its moisturizing properties and effectiveness. It is thick and creamy but still very easy to apply on the baby’s skin.
The lotion has a mild fragrance that leaves your loved one smelling great all day long. It is free of parabens, phthalates, dyes, and thus safe to use on your baby’s skin.
It hydrates well and will keep your baby’s skin soft and supple at all times.
- Specially formulated to retain baby’s skin moisturized and nourished
- Highly recommended by pediatricians and doctors
- Has a mild fragrance and gentle on the skin
- Safe enough to apply on baby’s skin daily
- Thick and creamy but spreads easily
- Blends easily on the skin
- Keeps baby’s skin hydrated for long
- Safe for baby’s use
- The minimum age for usage is five years
4. Dabur Baby Lotion
Dabur is the leading manufacturer of personal care and healthcare products for adults and children. Dabur Baby Care range is specially formulated by Ayurvedic experts.
All Dabur baby Care products are clinically tested to be mild and gentle on a baby’s skin. Their baby lotion is crafted with 135+ years of Ayurvedic legacy.
- This lotion is enriched with ingredients that are safe for a baby’s delicate skin.
- It is a simple moisturizing lotion that comes in different sizes – 500ml and 200ml.
- It is developed to provide daily nourishment for your baby’s skin.
- This baby lotion is enriched with aloe vera, winter cherry, almond, and licorice.
- It deeply moisturizes your baby’s skin and locks in the moisture for up to 24 hours.
- It is a hypoallergenic formula that does not contain artificial colors.
- The 500ml bottle comes in a pump dispenser design that makes it easy to access and use.
- It is tested dermatologically to be suitable for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- It is pH-balanced to match the pH of a baby’s skin.
- It does not contain harmful chemicals like SLS/LES, mineral oil, harsh preservatives, parabens, paraffin, etc.
- The aloe vera extracts keep the skin of your baby nourished and soft.
- Licorice helps in soothing and reducing irritation.
- Winter cherry extracts treat dryness.
- Almonds help in moisturizing the skin deeply.
- The fragrance of this baby lotion is soothing and natural.
- It makes the skin soft and smooth by eliminating dryness.
- No negative points were observed so far.
5. The Momsco. Natural Baby Lotion – Best For Sensitive Skin
Made with a powerful blend of natural butter and oils, this lotion from MomsCo will help keep your baby’s skin moisturized for long hours. You’ll be surprised at how silky and soft your little one’s skin will feel at all times.
It’s carefully chosen for kids aged three and below and, therefore, the best for your baby.
The lotion contains Organic Apricot Oil and Avocado oil that helps in nourishing the skin and keeping it moisturized as well. It also has organic rice bran oil that not only hydrates but also keeps the skin safe with the many vitamins and minerals.
It is hypoallergenic, mild, and also gentle on baby’s soft skin, toxin-free, and also safe. It is clinically tested and also Australian certified to be safe for a baby’s use.
It contains no harmful synthetic chemicals, is free of mineral oils, sulfates, parabens, synthetic fragrances, and other potentially harmful chemicals.
- Made with powerful natural butter and oils that help to keep your baby’s skin moisturized
- Clinically tested to gentle and mild for baby’s soft skin
- Best for kids aged three and below
- Contains no harmful or synthetic chemicals
- Leaves baby’s skin soft throughout the day
- Has a mild scent
- Free of harsh chemicals
- Feels good on the skin
- Too thick and thus challenging to pump out the last ¼ of the lotion
- The opaque bottle makes it difficult to see the contents
6. Himalaya Herbal Baby’s Lotion – Best Organic Baby Lotion
If looking for a lotion that will help keep your baby naturally moisturized, you’ve got to trust this lotion from Himalaya on it. It is not only an excellent moisturizer with the powers of herbs but also with Almond and Olive oils.
Olive oil contains Vitamin E that helps by nourishing and keeping your little one’s skin moisturized. Almond oil, on the other hand, makes the skin soft and supple.
The lotion also contains Licorice and Country Mallow(Bala) that protects and soothes the baby’s chapped or dry skin.
The lotion is free of parabens, synthetic colors, mineral oils, and all the other usual factors that bring about skin rashes and allergies.
You don’t have to worry about its effect on your baby’s skin as it is clinically proven to be mild and gentle.
- It contains Almond oil and Olive oil that helps in keeping your baby’s skin moisturized all day long.
- Clinically tested and proven to be mild and gentle
- Free of parabens, mineral oils, phthalates, and synthetic colors and thus safe to use
- Keeps skin naturally moisturized and protected thanks to the power of herbs
- Light-weighted and absorbs quickly
- Smells good and leaves the skin smooth
- Great for kids with sensitive skin
- Rebuilds the skin and restores its moisture as well
- A little watery
7. Mee Mee Moisturizing Baby Lotion – Best Fragrant Baby Lotion
It is an all-natural moisturizer that will most probably not expose your little one to allergic reactions. It contains Chamomile extracts that help by gently moisturizing your baby’s skin.
You can use the lotion on newborns since it’s safe and suitable to use from birth. It absorbs quickly and is also quite easy to apply.
All you need to do is lay the baby on the back and gently massage him with the lotion in circular motions.
It absorbs quickly and also has a mild sweet fragrance. It helps keep baby’s skin soft and lasts up to 24 hours.
- Absorbs into the skin with ease
- Suitable to use from birth
- Has Chamomile extracts that help to keep the skin moisturized for long
- Has a mild fragrance and is also soft on baby’s skin
- Smells great and absorbs quickly
- Lasts for long hours
- Doesn’t feel greasy
- Reasonably priced
- Too thick
8. Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturizing Lotion – Best Hypoallergenic Moisturizer
This Aveeno baby lotion will not only help moisturize your baby’s extremely delicate and sensitive skin but also soothe and protect it. It contains four natural oats formulas and also has the five most essential elements that can be naturally found in the skin of a healthy person.
It is natural, non-greasy, and also absorbs into the skin quickly, providing your baby with moisture for up to 24 hours. The lotion is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and will never clog your baby’s skin pores.
It is also free of drying alcohol and, therefore, very safe on your baby’s skin.
The lotion is gentle enough and safe to use daily on newborns with delicate skin. With it, you won’t have to worry about your little one’s skin condition.
It has your back. It will help keep his skin nourished and healthy at all times.
- Contains the five vital elements found on a healthy skin
- Formulated with active natural oats
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free
- Gentle enough to use daily on a newborn’s skin
- Soothes and protects baby’s skin
- Absorbs quickly
- Moisturizes the skin for 24 hours
- Doesn’t clog the pores
- Not tear-free
9. Mamaearth Deeply Moisturizing Baby Lotion – Best Organic Baby Lotion
This lotion happens to be one of the safest lotions that you can ever get for your baby. It contains no harmful chemicals like parabens, PEG, phthalates, mineral oils, fragrances, among others.
It is also dermatologically and clinically tested in Europe for safety.
The lotion contains shea and coconut butter as well as calendula extracts, all of which help to keep your little one’s skin moisturized for long. It keeps your baby’s skin soft and gentle all day long, enabling him to relax.
If your little angel has very delicate and sensitive skin, this is the lotion to go for. As if that’s not enough, it will help you as a mommy if you have cracked nipples and see how fast they’ll heal.
- Completely safe to use on baby’s sensitive and delicate skin
- Contains shea butter, cocoa butter and calendula extracts that help keep baby’s skin nourished
- Free of harmful chemicals thus safe to use
- Dermatologically and clinically tested by experts in Europe
- Keeps baby’s skin soft and smooth
- Safe on sensitive skin
- Free of toxic chemicals therefore safe
- Very affordable
- N negative points observed so far
10. Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion – Best For Regular Use
This lotion comes enriched with natural ingredients that help to keep your baby’s skin moisturized. The ingredients also help by accelerating the skin’s recovery and also restores the skin barrier function.
It is, therefore, safe to use even on a newborn from day one.
Mothers highly trust Cetaphil baby lotions and are recommended by doctors all over the world, meaning that they rank among the best. It is allergy and dermatologically tested for safety, relieving you of any worry that you might have.
It is hypoallergenic, pH balanced, and therefore gentle enough for baby and newborns’ skin. It has no animal origin ingredients, no parabens, no mineral oils, and no alcohol.
- Hypoallergenic and will therefore not lead to allergic reactions on your baby’s skin
- Restores the skin barrier function
- Enriched with natural ingredients
- Dermatologically tested for safety
- Has a mild fragrance
- Soothes baby’s skin
- Non-greasy and thus easy to apply on baby’s skin
- Safe to use on newborns as well
- A little pricey
11. Mom & World Baby Nourishing Lotion – Best For Winter Use
If looking for the best winter moisturizing lotion for your little one, this lotion from Mom and World suits you best. It is one very safe and effective natural baby body lotion that is extremely gentle on the baby’s skin.
They say that it is a gentle way to start life!
The lotion is specially formulated with organic shea butter, organic aloe Vera gel and combined with pure and natural oil of calendula, avocado, sweet almond, apricot, and grapeseed.
These help to moisturize and comfort the baby’s delicate skin.
It is also enriched with Vitamin E that helps keep your baby’s skin soft and smooth. It is suitable for kids of all skin types and ages and provides relief from chapped or cracked skin.
With this lotion, your baby’s delicate skin will always be protected and moisturized.
- Formulated without mineral oils, parabens, sulfates, and other harmful chemicals.
- Suitable for kids of all ages and skin types
- Formulated using natural ingredients
- Contains Vitamin E that keeps baby’s skin soft and smooth
- Not heavy or greasy on the skin
- Easy to carry around thanks to the locking function of the pump
- Non-sticky and thus easy to apply
- Free of harmful chemicals, therefore safe to use.
- Heavily fragranced
- Short pump hose
- Wears off with ease
12. Lotus Herbals Baby + Tender Touch Baby Lotion – Best For Kids With Delicate Skin
If looking for a non-greasy body lotion for your baby, this lotion from Lotus will put a smile on your face.
It is easy to apply and penetrates smoothly, enhancing long-lasting protection against dry skin. It will significantly help in keeping your little one’s skin moisturized.
The lotion contains no chemicals and only provides your baby with a 100% goodness, helping her to relax and enjoy the comfort. It also contains no preservatives.
For the safety of your kid, it comes clinically tested and is also highly recommended by pediatricians.
It absorbs into the skin with ease and is also gentle enough for kids with sensitive skin. It helps in soothing dry skin.
- Free of harmful chemicals and therefore safe on baby’s skin
- Clinically tested and pediatrician recommended
- Has no preservatives and thus secure to use
- Penetrates the skin smoothly for long-lasting moisture and protection
- Lightweight and Moisturizing
- Mild and gentle on baby’s skin
- Soothes dry delicate skin
- Gentle enough for infants and babies
- Strong scent
- Doesn’t keep the skin moisturized for long
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do babies need lotion?
Baby’s delicate skin loses moisture after bath. Their soft skin tends to lose five times more moisture than our skin. Dry skin can cause irritations and rashes.
Hence using lotions will help restore moisture and prevent dry skin.
2. What is the difference between baby creams and baby lotions?
Lotions have a thinner consistency as compared to creams. Lotions provide basic moisturization and hence are suitable for normal to oily skin.
Creams, on the other hand, are thick in consistency and are ideal for dry skin.
3. Scented or unscented baby lotion- which one should I use?
For babies, it is best to use unscented lotions or the ones which have natural fragrances. Synthetically scented fragrances might irritate the baby’s delicate skin and can cause allergies.
4. Can I use moisturizing lotion on my baby’s face?
Even though lotions are safe for baby’s skin, it is not necessary to use it on your baby’s face unless your baby is suffering from very dry skin.
If you decide to use it, opt for the best moisturizing lotion for your baby’s face, which is unscented.
5. How regularly should I apply lotion on my baby’s skin?
Always apply the lotion daily after a bath. At times, you’ll have to use it more often, especially struggling with dry skin.
You’ll have to moisturize it from time to time.
6. Can I apply lotion on my newborn?
Although some lotions come with labels indicating that you can use them on newborns as well, it’s not advisable to do so. Hold it off for a few weeks before you start using lotions.
During the first weeks, you’ll notice that thin layer peeling from your newborn’s skin as he adjusts to the world. This is quite normal and should not worry you at all.
7. Can baby lotion cure eczema?
Yes. There are those lotions that help treat eczema. Go for those that target eczema for better results. However, should the problem persist, consult a doctor.
Babies need lotions more than adults as they help keep their skin moisturized at all times. The lotions on this list work great and will suit different kids according to their different skin types.
Help keep your baby’s skin soft, supple, and well-hydrated by selecting the lotion that you feel will suit them best.
Go through the list carefully and help keep your baby’s skin moisturized and protected from harsh weather conditions.